[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Gameday Thread: New York Knicks (32-16) vs. Los Angeles Clippers (35-17). Sunday (02/10/2013), 1:00 P.M.
Author Thread
mrKnickShot
Alba Posts: 16
Member: #3553

2/10/2013  3:57 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
holfresh wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:JR and Felton are 2 awesome geniuses

And u arrive at that how?

good point! That can't be possible since they are idiots.

U live in a nice cocoon ripping all players..let me know when u support any one else outside of Brewer and Novak's "nice defensive plays"..

mrknickshot is a good fan. he doesnt rip everyone. Only the guys who deserve it. Im a big knick fan but i have no problem calling out guys who lack effort

exactly.

Hotfresh will go down with the bad defensive and low efficient players.

I respect fans like you. Obviously you want the Knicks to win BUT you also hold them account

I have to give Knickshot credit for calling out Tyson early on. I didnt agree with him at first but im seeing it now. I dont know if its effort or what...

Knicksshot is like all the guys who leave the forum and come back under a new name...He rips everyone and never commits to supporting a player...Life is easy that way...

Dude stop whining. He doesnt rip everyone. He calls out gusy who arent showing effort on both ends

Who the hell are u...What was your previous name...Have I responded to u in any manner ever ??.
What is with the anger? Im just saying that mrknickshot didnt do anything wrong

Mind your own biz...Knickshot is a big boy..He can handle himself..He doesn't need a caddy...

Exchange emailed then.

This place is being dragged down with posters going after each other like a bunch of 5yr olds

good point.

Hotfresh is one of my stalkers. I kinda like it though. But no need to burden the other posters with his .... stuff

Hotfresh, let me know if you would like my email. I check it once in a while and promise to respond

AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

Never in a million years did i think our defense was going to be this bad. I knew without shump we would struggle but the first month we did fine. Last year players played hard for woodson since he held people accountable but tahst all gone now
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
It's not like the Knicks CAN'T defend better. We've seen them do it. They just have to dig down deep and put in the effort and focus on D. If they decide to do that they will be a legit contender for the title. It's that simple
sidsanders
Member: #2426

gunsnewing wrote:
holfresh wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:

U live in a nice cocoon ripping all players..let me know when u support any one else outside of Brewer and Novak's "nice defensive plays"..

mrknickshot is a good fan. he doesnt rip everyone. Only the guys who deserve it. Im a big knick fan but i have no problem calling out guys who lack effort

exactly.

I respect fans like you. Obviously you want the Knicks to win BUT you also hold them account

I have to give Knickshot credit for calling out Tyson early on. I didnt agree with him at first but im seeing it now. I dont know if its effort or what...

Knicksshot is like all the guys who leave the forum and come back under a new name...He rips everyone and never commits to supporting a player...Life is easy that way...

Dude stop whining. He doesnt rip everyone. He calls out gusy who arent showing effort on both ends

Who the hell are u...What was your previous name...Have I responded to u in any manner ever ??.

Mind your own biz...Knickshot is a big boy..He can handle himself..He doesn't need a caddy...

Exchange emails then.

This place is being dragged down with posters going after each other like a bunch of 5yr olds

quite agree. unreal the level of crazy board fights over petty things this season.

GO TEAM VENTURE!!!!!
holfresh
Member: #1081

2/10/2013  3:58 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:

exactly.

Watching TV and not seeing the game again??

Uh ... and what draws your scatter brain to this conclusion?

Let me help you out just this one time...What teams are doing is running Felton off the high screen and roll and no one else is switching...But u only seeing Felton's man open...U call it bad defense right??..Watch the whole game..

uh ... let me fill you in son, FELTON SUCKS ON OFFENSE!! Case closed.

You can watch your TV upside down or sideways ... it won't change. He is an awful defender.

Yet u find time to compliment Nash and Novak's defense???..Im not your son!!!

I have never said that Novak is a good defender, son. I just said that he was playing better at some point. You are cute though.

Felton, Novak, Copeland, Stat and Kidd are all AWFUL defenders! All of them. Tyson, JR, Priggy and Melo are ok. Put that in your saved quoted of mine.

Smart guy...U still longing for DWill instead of Melo?

Nope. You don't stalk me enough ... obviously.

Oh and another thing. I have no problem stating that I originally though X but was wrong. Try it sometime - it can too be exhilarating

Stalking No...The dumb commentary stands out more because u like calling people out on what u think are dumb plays and u seem to miss half of the play ...

I don't know what play you are talking about.

I never even said that Felton had a bad game. He was good (scoring), not so great passing 5 ast/4 to.

I did not like him pulling a Baron Davis at the end of the game and driving drunk.

But hey, you are/were a BD fan so you probably would not get this correlation.

I'm a Knick fan bro...U can catch me supporting any and all players in any point in time and call me out for it...So by definition, yes, I was a BD fan and a Novak fan too...
StarksEwing1

2/10/2013  3:59 PM
nixluva wrote:It's not like the Knicks CAN'T defend better. We've seen them do it. They just have to dig down deep and put in the effort and focus on D. If they decide to do that they will be a legit contender for the title. It's that simple
Exactly. This is a veteran team and veteran teams should know about effort BUT this team doesnt act like veterans sometimes
Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

Knicksfan wrote:I agree with Magic, this team needs a trade desperately.

Papabear Says

I doubt if they do it. We are stuck. Face it we are not going to defend and Woody will live or die by Jr Smith. If we are not a defensive team can we get some offensive players in here who can shoot the rock? Our shooting is horrible and if it wasan't for Melo we would have lost by 30 points.

Papabear
mrKnickShot
Alba Posts: 16
Member: #3553

holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:

exactly.

Let me help you out just this one time...What teams are doing is running Felton off the high screen and roll and no one else is switching...But u only seeing Felton's man open...U call it bad defense right??..Watch the whole game..

You can watch your TV upside down or sideways ... it won't change. He is an awful defender.

I have never said that Novak is a good defender, son. I just said that he was playing better at some point. You are cute though.

Felton, Novak, Copeland, Stat and Kidd are all AWFUL defenders! All of them. Tyson, JR, Priggy and Melo are ok. Put that in your saved quoted of mine.

Oh and another thing. I have no problem stating that I originally though X but was wrong. Try it sometime - it can too be exhilarating

Stalking No...The dumb commentary stands out more because u like calling people out on what u think are dumb plays and u seem to miss half of the play ...

I never even said that Felton had a bad game. He was good (scoring), not so great passing 5 ast/4 to.

I did not like him pulling a Baron Davis at the end of the game and driving drunk.

I'm a Knick fan bro...U can catch me supporting any and all players in any point in time and call me out for it...So by definition, yes, I was a BD fan and a Novak fan too...

Well good for you.

Enough with this dialogue. The posters have spoken - please respect it.

sidsanders
Member: #2426

nixluva wrote:It's not like the Knicks CAN'T defend better. We've seen them do it. They just have to dig down deep and put in the effort and focus on D. If they decide to do that they will be a legit contender for the title. It's that simple

ya. this is where the coach and/or the team leaders gotta step up and push the issue.

GO TEAM VENTURE!!!!!
GodSaveTheKnicks
Alba Posts: 21
Member: #1207
USA
2/10/2013  4:02 PM
Papabear wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:I agree with Magic, this team needs a trade desperately.

Papabear Says

I doubt if they do it. We are stuck. Face it we are not going to defend and Woody will live or die by Jr Smith. If we are not a defensive team can we get some offensive players in here who can shoot the rock? Our shooting is horrible and if it wasan't for Melo we would have lost by 30 points.

I mean..JR Smith did help us win that TWolves game and those game winners from early in the season.

He's had games where his shot wasn't going but he was rebounding like a demon. I'm fine w/paying him $2-3 M and living with the occasional stepback fallaway at inappropriate moment

Let's try to elevate the level of discourse in this byeetch. Please
holfresh

2/10/2013  4:04 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
holfresh wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:

exactly.

Exchange emails then.

What are u a mod now?..I saw u in another thread telling someone what he should not be doing on this board..??

holfresh

2/10/2013  4:04 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:

exactly.

First off dont tell me what to do. Secondly its good to know i can get under your skin

You are not under my skin bro..Just how I roll...

holfresh

2/10/2013  4:07 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:

exactly.

Well good for you.

Enough with this dialogue. The posters have spoken - please respect it.

No...U need to learn some respect...U insist on calling players dumb when u are the one not seeing all of the play...

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/10/2013  4:16 PM
Offensively Stat is the only player who consistently cuts to the rim or anywhere else for that matter. So much standing around. The Bulls always have someone cutting near the ball handler. They bring the ball up at a snail's pace, the same thing goes for the ball movement. We make it easier for the opposing D to dig in. Still not enough screens set.

Teams go through peaks and valleys in a game but one constant has to always be there and that's energy and I don't see nearly enough of it.

On defense I see players drifting, not staying focused. All those missed assignments. It was a lack of effort more than it was communication. Just one game but its a pattern.

Woodson needs to push the tempo, not a full court running attack, but picking up the pace in a half court set. Less time between passes, always someone cutting, and bringing energy or sitting. This can't stand if we want to contend. I hope Sheed and Camby can give this team a boost.

StarksEwing1

2/10/2013  4:19 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Offensively Stat is the only player who consistently cuts to the rim or anywhere else for that matter. So much standing around. The Bulls always have someone cutting near the ball handler. They bring the ball up at a snail's pace, the same thing goes for the ball movement. We make it easier for the opposing D to dig in. Still not enough screens set.

Teams go through peaks and valleys in a game but one constant has to always be there and that's energy and I don't see nearly enough of it.

On defense I see players drifting, not staying focused. All those missed assignments. It was a lack of effort more than it was communication. Just one game but its a pattern.

Woodson needs to push the tempo, not a full court running attack, but picking up the pace in a half court set. Less time between passes, always someone cutting, and bringing energy or sitting. This can't stand if we want to contend. I hope Sheed and Camby can give this team a boost.

This is the downside of having a very old team. I mean the celtics are older but they also play with energy especially when they have a pg like rondo and their veterans play like they are in their prime and have great defense
GustavBahler

2/10/2013  4:22 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Offensively Stat is the only player who consistently cuts to the rim or anywhere else for that matter. So much standing around. The Bulls always have someone cutting near the ball handler. They bring the ball up at a snail's pace, the same thing goes for the ball movement. We make it easier for the opposing D to dig in. Still not enough screens set.

This is the downside of having a very old team. I mean the celtics are older but they also play with energy especially when they have a pg like rondo and their veterans play like they are in their prime and have great defense

I chalk some of it to the age of the team but not all of it. We have players in their prime and younger looking flat, poor body language at times.

holfresh

2/10/2013  4:22 PM

It's an 82 game season...Lots of guys have gone down and we are somewhat healthy now...I think the game plan is to get to the break healthy and not risk too much else...We have time to tweak things down the stretch for the playoffs...We definitely aren't playing intense defense and Woody of all people knows this...
GustavBahler

2/10/2013  4:36 PM
holfresh wrote:

It's an 82 game season...Lots of guys have gone down and we are somewhat healthy now...I think the game plan is to get to the break healthy and not risk too much else...We have time to tweak things down the stretch for the playoffs...We definitely aren't playing intense defense and Woody of all people knows this...

Makes sense but I worry about bad habits forming as a team. I don't want them to play hard to the point of hurting themselves, but I would like to see them pick up the pace a little, I believe it will help them stay focused. Have to hope that we have better luck with injuries the second half of the season, I agree its one reason why the Knicks look spent at times.

3G4G
Member: #4333

2/10/2013  4:36 PM
Oh My I left after the 1st although I knew the Clippers were going to be lathered up to play us after the Heat performance but geez looks like we got smacked around....

To keep it real even in our recent results of getting wins the past 10-12gms we haven't looked good in most of them. When we play teams that truly are good we're a class below them...

Jamal got busy and showed Earl what time it is I guess, what a shame.

Like I said if it's WIN NOW MODE then bye Shump Shump

3G4G
Member: #4333

2/10/2013  4:44 PM
While Melo appears to have had a great offensive performance looks like we had no TEAM rhythm....
Gameday Thread: New York Knicks (32-16) vs. Los Angeles Clippers (35-17). Sunday (02/10/2013), 1:00 P.M.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy