[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Gameday Thread: New York Knicks (32-16) vs. Los Angeles Clippers (35-17). Sunday (02/10/2013), 1:00 P.M.
Author Thread
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

2/10/2013  3:40 PM
Now people know why resigning JR is insane. the guy just doesnt have the focus or the ability to be consistent. Novak has been a bust. I cant blame Shump because the kidd is coming off a major injury. I like Tyson but he doesnt deserve to eb an all-star. I love felton's heart but he is not a top point guard like chris paul
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
IronWillGiroud wrote:I'm just happy Melo got his

lol

jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
paul was right about grant hill making the difference. hsi defense on melo denying him the ball the whole 4th and making it hard for him once he got it was key. underrated player.
AnubisADL
Alba Posts: 13
Member: #2771
USA
I like the Kidd, Camby, and Wallace signings. The problem is we are too reliant on those guys.
NY Knicks - Retirement home for players and GMs
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
sidsanders wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:Opposing team's FG% this season

1) Pacers 41.9
2) OKC 43.1
3) Chicago 43.3
4) Clippers 43.5
5) the Wizards??? 43.7
6) Miami 43.8
7) Warriors 43.9
8) Pistons 44.1
9) Spurs 44.1
10) Celtics 44.2

18) Knicks 45.7

Dunno if any NBA champion in the last decade has been NOT a top 10 defense let alone below average

I think thye Knicks got a little arrogant after the first month. November we played like a champion on both ends of the court. But then we started to get lazy and the effort that was there is November is gone

I'm really hoping all this media hype about Rasheed being the true heart and soul of this team is true.

Rasheed will come back and we'll defend like we did when he was playing. Keep repeating this and it will become true.

the return of the "savior" hope: baron davis style.

gotta hope the hype is wrong -- these guys can make due regardless of wallace/camby.

There was a reason we added Sheed and Camby. You really do need bigs that are top tier defensive players and rebounders. You can't get smarter than Sheed and Camby in terms of defense at the basket. We've missed their presence. It's not a cure all, but they would make a difference.

Sheed talks on D and gets guys where they need to be and he's active for an old guy. Tyson has had far too many nights where he's not as aggressive as he was last year. Having Sheed would help a lot.

GodSaveTheKnicks
Alba Posts: 21
Member: #1207
USA
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:JR and Felton are 2 awesome geniuses

And u arrive at that how?

good point! That can't be possible since they are idiots.

U live in a nice cocoon ripping all players..let me know when u support any one else outside of Brewer and Novak's "nice defensive plays"..

mrknickshot is a good fan. he doesnt rip everyone. Only the guys who deserve it. Im a big knick fan but i have no problem calling out guys who lack effort

exactly.

Hotfresh will go down with the bad defensive and low efficient players.

Watching TV and not seeing the game again??

Uh ... and what draws your scatter brain to this conclusion?

Let me help you out just this one time...What teams are doing is running Felton off the high screen and roll and no one else is switching...But u only seeing Felton's man open...U call it bad defense right??..Watch the whole game..

uh ... let me fill you in son, FELTON SUCKS ON OFFENSE!! Case closed.

You can watch your TV upside down or sideways ... it won't change. He is an awful defender.

Yet u find time to compliment Nash and Novak's defense???..Im not your son!!!

haha. I'm not your son!!! i love it

Let's try to elevate the level of discourse in this byeetch. Please
mrKnickShot
Alba Posts: 16
Member: #3553

2/10/2013  3:41 PM
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:

U live in a nice cocoon ripping all players..let me know when u support any one else outside of Brewer and Novak's "nice defensive plays"..

mrknickshot is a good fan. he doesnt rip everyone. Only the guys who deserve it. Im a big knick fan but i have no problem calling out guys who lack effort

exactly.

Let me help you out just this one time...What teams are doing is running Felton off the high screen and roll and no one else is switching...But u only seeing Felton's man open...U call it bad defense right??..Watch the whole game..

You can watch your TV upside down or sideways ... it won't change. He is an awful defender.

I have never said that Novak is a good defender, son. I just said that he was playing better at some point. You are cute though.

Felton, Novak, Copeland, Stat and Kidd are all AWFUL defenders! All of them. Tyson, JR, Priggy and Melo are ok. Put that in your saved quoted of mine.

gunsnewing
USA
2/10/2013  3:41 PM
JamesKPolk wrote:This is why people criticize the team against the Wizards or Twolves. Because in the playoffs you're playing higher caliber clubs like the Clippers and you can't play the way we've been playing and expect to go anywhere.

Bingo!

IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

2/10/2013  3:42 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:This is why people criticize the team against the Wizards or Twolves. Because in the playoffs you're playing higher caliber clubs like the Clippers and you can't play the way we've been playing and expect to go anywhere.

Bingo!

I second that bingo

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
holfresh
Member: #1081

2/10/2013  3:42 PM
TeamBall wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:

exactly.

I respect fans like you. Obviously you want the Knicks to win BUT you also hold them account

I have to give Knickshot credit for calling out Tyson early on. I didnt agree with him at first but im seeing it now. I dont know if its effort or what...

Knicksshot is like all the guys who leave the forum and come back under a new name...He rips everyone and never commits to supporting a player...Life is easy that way...

Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
2/10/2013  3:43 PM
I agree with Magic, this team needs a trade desperately.
Knicks_Fan
gunsnewing
USA
2/10/2013  3:43 PM
nixluva wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:this game is a microcasm of what ive been saying for the past month. the knicks offense is awful. you can't even call it an offense, it's either chuck a three or pray melo scores 40 and the defense is non-existant. felton is magnificent when he takes the ball to the hoop, but too often he brings the ball and shoots an 18 footer with 15 on the shot-clock. the offense is putrid. defensively, we don't close out on 3's, we switch and leave guys open constantly and about every 3 possessions there is an uncontested three. it's pathetic.

There are some real issues with this team. I'm tired of giving Woody a pass when it comes to tightening up the teams flaws. This team doesn't really stick to ball and player movement on offense and that is a lack of discipline. Defense is often lax and too often Tyson and STAT aren't really hitting the boards or shutting down the shots at the hoop as they should. Perimeter D has been a real weakness this year. They've got some real issues to try and fix. Not insurmountable issues, but they can't ignore the problems.

They also like to watch the ball in the air instead of boxing out for rebounds

holfresh
Member: #1081

2/10/2013  3:45 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:

exactly.

I have never said that Novak is a good defender, son. I just said that he was playing better at some point. You are cute though.

Felton, Novak, Copeland, Stat and Kidd are all AWFUL defenders! All of them. Tyson, JR, Priggy and Melo are ok. Put that in your saved quoted of mine.

Smart guy...U still longing for DWill instead of Melo?

StarksEwing1

holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:

exactly.

I respect fans like you. Obviously you want the Knicks to win BUT you also hold them account

I have to give Knickshot credit for calling out Tyson early on. I didnt agree with him at first but im seeing it now. I dont know if its effort or what...

Knicksshot is like all the guys who leave the forum and come back under a new name...He rips everyone and never commits to supporting a player...Life is easy that way...

Dude stop whining. He doesnt rip everyone. He calls out gusy who arent showing effort on both ends
mrKnickShot

holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:

exactly.

I have supported Melo as hard as anyone so you just made yourself look dumb ... again

I will however call him out if I don't like something. Try it sometime, it can be exhilarating.

GodSaveTheKnicks
Alba Posts: 21
Member: #1207
USA
Knicksfan wrote:I agree with Magic, this team needs a trade desperately.

I dunno about desperately. These things can happen:

- Shump continues to recover in time for the playoffs
- Kidd gets rest and returns to early season form
- Sheed comes back and helps with defense and rebounding
- Camby comes back and helps with defense and rebounding
- Amare becomes not an ATROCIOUS defender and becomes merely bad

Let's try to elevate the level of discourse in this byeetch. Please
TeamBall
Member: #4386

2/10/2013  3:46 PM
I think its time someone called Woodson out.
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
mrKnickShot

2/10/2013  3:46 PM
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:

exactly.

Smart guy...U still longing for DWill instead of Melo?

Nope. You don't stalk me enough ... obviously.

Oh and another thing. I have no problem stating that I originally though X but was wrong. Try it sometime - it can too be exhilarating

sidsanders
Member: #2426

2/10/2013  3:47 PM
nixluva wrote:
sidsanders wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:Opposing team's FG% this season

1) Pacers 41.9
2) OKC 43.1
3) Chicago 43.3
4) Clippers 43.5
5) the Wizards??? 43.7
6) Miami 43.8
7) Warriors 43.9
8) Pistons 44.1
9) Spurs 44.1
10) Celtics 44.2

18) Knicks 45.7

Dunno if any NBA champion in the last decade has been NOT a top 10 defense let alone below average

I think thye Knicks got a little arrogant after the first month. November we played like a champion on both ends of the court. But then we started to get lazy and the effort that was there is November is gone

I'm really hoping all this media hype about Rasheed being the true heart and soul of this team is true.

Rasheed will come back and we'll defend like we did when he was playing. Keep repeating this and it will become true.

the return of the "savior" hope: baron davis style.

gotta hope the hype is wrong -- these guys can make due regardless of wallace/camby.

There was a reason we added Sheed and Camby. You really do need bigs that are top tier defensive players and rebounders. You can't get smarter than Sheed and Camby in terms of defense at the basket. We've missed their presence. It's not a cure all, but they would make a difference.

Sheed talks on D and gets guys where they need to be and he's active for an old guy. Tyson has had far too many nights where he's not as aggressive as he was last year. Having Sheed would help a lot.

they need to find ways to deal with things when those guys are out. camby and wallace have combined to play in only 34 games. i dont disagree it will help though. i want them to avoid the same type of feel they have had with waiting/hoping that when player X comes back, its all good now.

GO TEAM VENTURE!!!!!
StarksEwing1

2/10/2013  3:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/10/2013  3:48 PM
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:I agree with Magic, this team needs a trade desperately.

I dunno about desperately. These things can happen:

- Shump continues to recover in time for the playoffs
- Kidd gets rest and returns to early season form
- Sheed comes back and helps with defense and rebounding
- Camby comes back and helps with defense and rebounding
- Amare becomes not an ATROCIOUS defender and becomes merely bad

I'll give you shump and kidd. Camby is too brittle. Sheed will atkke a while unless he comes back very soon. Stat will never be a good defender i think its too late at age 30
Gameday Thread: New York Knicks (32-16) vs. Los Angeles Clippers (35-17). Sunday (02/10/2013), 1:00 P.M.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy