[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Gameday Thread: New York Knicks (32-16) vs. Los Angeles Clippers (35-17). Sunday (02/10/2013), 1:00 P.M.
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/10/2013  3:34 PM
Defense leads to offense. Right now everything is broken
AUTOADVERT
GodSaveTheKnicks
Alba Posts: 21
Member: #1207
USA
2/10/2013  3:34 PM
nyk4ever wrote:this game is a microcasm of what ive been saying for the past month. the knicks offense is awful. you can't even call it an offense, it's either chuck a three or pray melo scores 40 and the defense is non-existant. felton is magnificent when he takes the ball to the hoop, but too often he brings the ball and shoots an 18 footer with 15 on the shot-clock. the offense is putrid. defensively, we don't close out on 3's, we switch and leave guys open constantly and about every 3 possessions there is an uncontested three. it's pathetic.

I think our biggest problem has actually been defense.

Offense we just haven't been moving the ball. Too much JR 1 on 1, too much relying on Melo to save us.

Get by with that against bad teams not against Chicago, Indiana, Clippers, other good teams

Let's try to elevate the level of discourse in this byeetch. Please
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

2/10/2013  3:35 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Up 73-71 and Woody tried to steal a few minutes with Novak for Melo. Clips go on a 7-0 run and the game was over.

Too much emphasis on Melo. No ball movement.

I like Felton taking it to the basket.

Defense MUST improve!

Novak is a scrub. lets face it last year he kind of sneaked up on people and had a very good year. once he got payed and other teams took him out of games he became basically a ghost. he cant shoot anymore he cent defend he is slower than my late grandmother so he doesnt offer much
gunsnewing
USA
2/10/2013  3:35 PM
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:Opposing team's FG% this season

1) Pacers 41.9
2) OKC 43.1
3) Chicago 43.3
4) Clippers 43.5
5) the Wizards??? 43.7
6) Miami 43.8
7) Warriors 43.9
8) Pistons 44.1
9) Spurs 44.1
10) Celtics 44.2

18) Knicks 45.7

Dunno if any NBA champion in the last decade has been NOT a top 10 defense let alone below average

Yea I brought this up yesterday.

More importantly they were 15th in Defensive effiency. After today they are probably closer to 20th in the league

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

2/10/2013  3:36 PM
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:JR and Felton are 2 awesome geniuses

And u arrive at that how?

good point! That can't be possible since they are idiots.

U live in a nice cocoon ripping all players..let me know when u support any one else outside of Brewer and Novak's "nice defensive plays"..

mrknickshot is a good fan. he doesnt rip everyone. Only the guys who deserve it. Im a big knick fan but i have no problem calling out guys who lack effort

exactly.

Hotfresh will go down with the bad defensive and low efficient players.

Watching TV and not seeing the game again??

Uh ... and what draws your scatter brain to this conclusion?

Let me help you out just this one time...What teams are doing is running Felton off the high screen and roll and no one else is switching...But u only seeing Felton's man open...U call it bad defense right??..Watch the whole game..funny thing is you think u are the smart one...

felton has never been a good defender i have watched him for years. I love felton's heart but i am also able to be honest
mrKnickShot
Alba Posts: 16
Member: #3553

holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:

U live in a nice cocoon ripping all players..let me know when u support any one else outside of Brewer and Novak's "nice defensive plays"..

mrknickshot is a good fan. he doesnt rip everyone. Only the guys who deserve it. Im a big knick fan but i have no problem calling out guys who lack effort

exactly.

Let me help you out just this one time...What teams are doing is running Felton off the high screen and roll and no one else is switching...But u only seeing Felton's man open...U call it bad defense right??..Watch the whole game..

uh ... let me fill you in son, FELTON SUCKS ON OFFENSE!! Case closed.

You can watch your TV upside down or sideways ... it won't change. He is an awful defender.

JamesKPolk
Member: #4093

This is why people criticize the team against the Wizards or Twolves. Because in the playoffs you're playing higher caliber clubs like the Clippers and you can't play the way we've been playing and expect to go anywhere.
"Peace, plenty, and contentment reign throughout our borders, and our beloved country presents a sublime moral spectacle to the world." - James K Polk
gunsnewing
USA
yellowboy90 wrote:Second unit cost the game and that is on Woody. Woody let the momentum slip away early 4th by going with Novak and STAT. Melo is not Lebron but when he gives you the best defense on post players what do that tell you. Pekovic and Griffin killed Chandler and Stat. It's sad.

This

Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
2/10/2013  3:37 PM
AnubisADL wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:This game, along with our latest play, has exposed us as pretenders who simply like to talk a lot. I have loved Woodson until this point, because you have to say there is a lot of bad coaching involved in this debacle. This team has all the tools to compete night in and night out, like contendersbdo, but whether its a bad team or a good team, this team has a serious mentality issue as well as preparation issues.

We have alot of salary tied up in 3 guys.

Amares 20 million is killing us.

Phuck salary, we have a talented team that has huge mental, motivational and focus issues. Huge one! Whoever thinks the Knicks are championship contenders you stopped watching this team after the first two weeks. They are freaking driving me crazy! We play horrible for most of the game, hope Melo catches fire and wins a game. This team is playing like shisht and Woodson has his work cut out to make this group of great players perform like they can.

Knicks_Fan
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Up 73-71 and Woody tried to steal a few minutes with Novak for Melo. Clips go on a 7-0 run and the game was over.

Too much emphasis on Melo. No ball movement.

I like Felton taking it to the basket.

Defense MUST improve!

Novak is a scrub. lets face it last year he kind of sneaked up on people and had a very good year. once he got payed and other teams took him out of games he became basically a ghost. he cant shoot anymore he cent defend he is slower than my late grandmother so he doesnt offer much

Just before the half Woody lets Chris Paul roll the ball all the way to the basket on a inbound.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
nyk4ever wrote:this game is a microcasm of what ive been saying for the past month. the knicks offense is awful. you can't even call it an offense, it's either chuck a three or pray melo scores 40 and the defense is non-existant. felton is magnificent when he takes the ball to the hoop, but too often he brings the ball and shoots an 18 footer with 15 on the shot-clock. the offense is putrid. defensively, we don't close out on 3's, we switch and leave guys open constantly and about every 3 possessions there is an uncontested three. it's pathetic.

There are some real issues with this team. I'm tired of giving Woody a pass when it comes to tightening up the teams flaws. This team doesn't really stick to ball and player movement on offense and that is a lack of discipline. Defense is often lax and too often Tyson and STAT aren't really hitting the boards or shutting down the shots at the hoop as they should. Perimeter D has been a real weakness this year. They've got some real issues to try and fix. Not insurmountable issues, but they can't ignore the problems.

sidsanders
Member: #2426

GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:Opposing team's FG% this season

1) Pacers 41.9
2) OKC 43.1
3) Chicago 43.3
4) Clippers 43.5
5) the Wizards??? 43.7
6) Miami 43.8
7) Warriors 43.9
8) Pistons 44.1
9) Spurs 44.1
10) Celtics 44.2

18) Knicks 45.7

Dunno if any NBA champion in the last decade has been NOT a top 10 defense let alone below average

I think thye Knicks got a little arrogant after the first month. November we played like a champion on both ends of the court. But then we started to get lazy and the effort that was there is November is gone

I'm really hoping all this media hype about Rasheed being the true heart and soul of this team is true.

Rasheed will come back and we'll defend like we did when he was playing. Keep repeating this and it will become true.

the return of the "savior" hope: baron davis style.

gotta hope the hype is wrong -- these guys can make due regardless of wallace/camby.

GO TEAM VENTURE!!!!!
gunsnewing
USA
2/10/2013  3:37 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/10/2013  3:44 PM
TeamBall wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:

exactly.

I respect fans like you. Obviously you want the Knicks to win BUT you also hold them accountable

I have to give Knickshot credit for calling out Tyson early on. I didnt agree with him at first but im seeing it now. I dont know if its effort or what...

yea Flu Tyson

Small lineup is a major issue defensively

mrKnickShot
Alba Posts: 16
Member: #3553

JamesKPolk wrote:This is why people criticize the team against the Wizards or Twolves. Because in the playoffs you're playing higher caliber clubs like the Clippers and you can't play the way we've been playing and expect to go anywhere.

That is why I predicted a second round exit in DK's poll.

And it ain't cause of Melo (unless we blame him for the gutting)

holfresh
Member: #1081

2/10/2013  3:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/10/2013  3:38 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:

exactly.

Let me help you out just this one time...What teams are doing is running Felton off the high screen and roll and no one else is switching...But u only seeing Felton's man open...U call it bad defense right??..Watch the whole game..

uh ... let me fill you in son, FELTON SUCKS ON OFFENSE!! Case closed.

You can watch your TV upside down or sideways ... it won't change. He is an awful defender.

Yet u find time to compliment Nash and Novak's defense???..Im not your son!!!

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

2/10/2013  3:38 PM
I really do not want to hear anything about the O being Melo centric when Kidd, Shump, and Smith go 3 of 17. People call out everyone on D but Chandler continues to make everyone look like a world beater. How does every back up big out rebound him?
TeamBall
Member: #4386

GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:Jalen Rose "What did you think of the Knicks?"

Simmons "Melo was great. Felton was good. Their bench didn't show up"

Magic "The problem with the Knicks is they try to outscore you. They don't move the ball. The ball sticks."

y'all watchin the post game?

Might be one of the few times I ever agree with Wilbon. His point about the players just standing on one side while Melo goes 1 on 5 was spot on.
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
gunsnewing
USA
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:the ABC guys agree: We need DEFENSE and ball movement. Not please Melo save us yet again.

yes

gunsnewing
USA
2/10/2013  3:39 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:

exactly.

I respect fans like you. Obviously you want the Knicks to win BUT you also hold them accountable

I have to give Knickshot credit for calling out Tyson early on. I didnt agree with him at first but im seeing it now. I dont know if its effort or what...

well ... I think he is a solid player but overrated.

MVP according to Bonn

GodSaveTheKnicks
Alba Posts: 21
Member: #1207
USA
2/10/2013  3:39 PM
AnubisADL wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:Jalen Rose "What did you think of the Knicks?"

Simmons "Melo was great. Felton was good. Their bench didn't show up"

Magic "The problem with the Knicks is they try to outscore you. They don't move the ball. The ball sticks."

y'all watchin the post game?

Ball isnt moving because guys are missing shots. Defense is lagging because we got an old team that's breaking down.

I'd rather see us continue to try to move the ball then wear Melo down by the time we get to the playoffs having to take 30 shots a game.

As far as being old:

Phase 1: Damn why the hell are we signing Kidd, Camby, Rasheed, Kurt Thomas, etc.??

Phase 2: Grunfeld is a GENIUS. Rasheed is the man. Kidd is soooo good.

Phase 3: Damn why the hell did we sign Kidd, Camby, Rasheed, Kurt Thomas, etc.??

Phase 4: ???

I'm hoping it's something like

Woah all the old guys are healthy and we are KICKING ASS IN THE PLAYOFFS ZOMG WE WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP WITH THE OLDEST TEAM EVAR!!!!

Let's try to elevate the level of discourse in this byeetch. Please
Gameday Thread: New York Knicks (32-16) vs. Los Angeles Clippers (35-17). Sunday (02/10/2013), 1:00 P.M.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy