Really impressed with Denver right now
Author Thread
Swishfm3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #392
2/8/2013  10:30 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
NUPE wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:Wilson Chandler wasn't hurt the whole time. He played a full season in China came back and got hurt late last year

China? I think we only really care abut NBA production.

Read it again...

He played a full season in China and got hurt here(IN The NBA) late in the year after the lockout ended.

This was in response to him being hurt the entire time since being traded.

Wasn't out this year as well?

AUTOADVERT
NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

2/8/2013  10:34 PM
And this type of troll post is appreciated around here? Took me so long to come up with these facts that I already knew, but didn't know the exact details of the records, numbers, stats, information etc, etc. And after my post below? Trying to talk basketball with some New York knowledge but then am later mocked/trolled with a funny little picture? Great basketball talk yo.

yellowboy90 wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:Negative Melo critics will harp all over the fact that Melo's Nuggets were eliminated during first rounder's. During six out of Melo's seven postseason appearances with Denver to be exact. But always keep in mind, that as they point to the final standings as box score watchers? They also forget, refuse and/or fail to mention a couple of important facts. Which only goes to show how clueless and/or nasty some of these people really are and/or have been since Melo has became a New York Knick. These critics will continue to harp all over 6 first round exits while completely ignoring a trip to the Western Conference Finals during the golden years of the Western Conference. They'll ignore the trials and tribulations in which it took for Melo to finally lead Denver's franchise to a Western Conference Finals appearance. First time dating back to 1984-1985 to be exact. Well, guess what?

4 out of Melo's 6 first round exits came against the likes of dynasty era squads. Kobe and the Lakers (x2) along with Duncan and the Spurs (x2). But yet it's now Melo who's made out to be some type of career postseason loser by the likes of TKF? That's nice to know, because I've noticed through post history/pattern, that these types of critics refuse to acknowledge the fact that both Kobe and the Lakers along with Duncan and the Spurs combined for 4 championships before Carmelo Anthony was even drafted into the NBA. Kobe and the Lakers along with Duncan and the Spurs both had two championships (a piece) by the time Melo even played his first NBA game as a Denver Nugget.

All of this (current) talk about Gallo playing in such a tough Western Conference is nothing more than a hypocritical joke. A joke in which is driven by a nasty agenda. Aimed right at the head of our very own Carmelo Anthony. When they speak of this so called tough Western Conference because of Kevin Durant and the Thunder? It's a head shot at Melo. They fail to mention how it's after Kobe and the Lakers/Duncan and the Spurs have both aged and/or are longer in their prime years. Which wasn't the case for Melo or his Nuggets.

They'll hang Melo due to first round eliminations, but yet no mention on how the Cavs under LeBron James failed to land a single trip to the postseason (during the trash years of the Eastern Conference) during LeBron's first two seasons in Cleveland? You know, during the same time period in which Melo was going to war against the likes of Sam Cassell, Wally Szczerbiak, the great Latrell Sprewell along with Kevin Garnett and the Timberwolves during Melo's rookie season? What about as LeBron watched from home during Melo's second postseason as the Denver Nuggets went up against Tony Parker, Bruce Bowen, Robert Horry, Manu Ginobili, Glenn Robinson, Time Duncan and the Spurs? During only Melo's second NBA season after only one season of college experience? Yea, right. Some loser this Melo kid was. If only LeBron started off in the West and/or never joined forces with both Wade and Bosh in order to escape the Eastern Conference and/or finally win it all.

First round loss against Sam Cassell, Wally Szczerbiak, the great Latrell Sprewell, Kevin Garnett and the Timberwolves during only Melo's rookie season, but yet, no mention of this?

A first round loss against Tony Parker, Bruce Bowen, Robert Horry, Manu Ginobili, Glenn Robinson, Tim Duncan and the Spurs during only his second NBA season? Why isn't this being talked about when harping all over Melo's postseason history?

Not to compare Melo to LeBron, but as Melo once again, faces off against the Dynasty Spurs (58-24) during only his 4th NBA season (1st round) LeBron James gets to face the 41-41 Wizards during the first round? No mention of this?

What about during his 5th season where Melo's Nuggets went up against Fisher, Kobe, Odom, Gasol, Phil Jackson and the 57-25 Lakers in which met the Celtics during the NBA Finals while LeBron (once again) gets the Wizards during the first round before losing to Boston? And, in case you weren't following what's taken place here... LeBron the year before, got swept by the Spurs 4-0 during the Finals. No mention of none of this when in regards to speaking Melo's first rounder's?

In 2008-2009 as Melo once again runs into the 65-17 Lakers (this time during the Western Conference Finals) after eliminating the 49-33 Hornets with CP3, Peja Stojakovic, David West, Tyson Chandler along with 50-32 Mavs with Kidd, Terry, Barea, Josh Howard and Dirk... LeBron James gets the 39-43 Pistons during the first, 47-35 Hawks during the second round before losing to the 59-23 Magic during the Eastern Conference Finals. No mention of this from the likes of TKF talking up LeBron/Gallo and/or while bashing/harping all over Melo as if he's some type of career loser due to the situation(s) he was drafted into?

You can consider LeBron a greater overall player, but never consider him a greater leader when compared to Carmelo Anthony. Because he's not. Being drafted into the extremely weak East followed by running to South Beach with Wade, Bosh and Riley doesn't make you a great leader. And nowhere near as battle tested as Melo currently is. As of right now Melo is battle tested and stronger than ever. He's gained so much postseason experience against all-time greats and/or dynasty era teams of the Western Conference. LeBron James has only fought through the extremely weak East before having to join forces with Wade and Bosh in order to win his first (and only) Championship during a shortened season. Those postseason experiences in regards to Melo are priceless when in regards to moving forward.

"Yo, man I hope you finish your little soliloquy"

Sorry Andrew, Martin and the rest of U.K but I hope you little 24/7 365 negative Melo critics enjoyed Melo's performance tonight. It's nothing new to me. I've seen these types of leadership qualities, offensive eruption and overall strong/great play dating back to his 3rd NBA game. A head to head winning record against the likes of LeBron before LeBron left for South Beach. It's gotten old. Wanna talk up Gallo, harp all over Melo as a Knick, create threads about the Denver Nuggets of all teams? Then enjoy your time on Denver forums. Now is not the time, not while we're enjoying our greatest Knicks start in damn near 20 years.

I'm not here to tell others what to say, not a hypocrite to what I just stated either, but, I call it how I see it as a life long sports fan with a love for these Knicks. Where are the separate OKC Thunder or San Antonio Spur threads? Not even Miami Heat, Chicago Bull threads and/or Pacer threads on our main forum? I wonder why. Melo hatred. Exactly. As if we aren't speaking Melo vs. Denver 24/7. Why was Denver and Melo going wild on RealGM? Because of trolls. I was such a loyal fan, and was banned from there. I couldn't take the trolls of the general boards. I couldn't stand the mods allowing it and a specific mod feeling the trolls from opposing forums. Enjoying it with them. Or what about the general board trolls with Knick user names. And now it's happening here in regards to the hatred for Melo. Can't even support Amar'e or Kidd without Melo harpers using your words against you to show how Melo's not the winner he's always been. When has it been like this? When did it start? Because it was like this when I joined. And yes, this is the greatest Knicks forum I've been to. Not open to the "public" to say the least.

Yes. I'm a Knicks fan with a chip on my shoulder. Because what we just seen 5 minutes ago? Currently? During that entire 4th? During the entire game? Melo does this almost every game regardless of the situation and/or opponent. And this is why I'm defending Melo every thread? This is why I'm replying to Melo head shot posts every night? Man. I'm done. I know what I'm seeing. I know I'm seeing the greatest Knick since Ewing worked his ass down low during #33's prime years. I know I'm seeing the kid who's gave LeBron a run for his money like two race horses right out of their rookie gates. Both 1st team rookies. Both had playoff failure before LeBron admitted he needed help, left his heart of Cleveland, and won his first and only NBA championship last season. Melo has been right there with him. Competing against. USA gold medals together. It's Jordan and Ewing like. If Melo never gets us a ring? He's our Ewing and I'll wait another 20 years until a great talent like Melo leads our way once again.

13/26, 36 points, 9 boards, "only 2 assists", 1 block and only 1 turnover. On the road at that. Memories of Melo's first week in the NBA. And this is who's separating 90% of our fan base from the other 10%? So be it. I hope we all see what's going on though. And it's easy to blame the Melo supporter with a screen name as NYKMentality as the cheerleader for Melo. As if this wasn't happening since before I joined in regards to Melo and Denver. I joined early regular season after years on RealGM. So yea, mock me for standing up for what I believe in and/or what I'm seeing.

Another book. Another ****ty post. Another trollish one line filler no insight type of post. I'm that guy. Cool.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/8/2013  10:40 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NUPE wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:Wilson Chandler wasn't hurt the whole time. He played a full season in China came back and got hurt late last year

Read it again...

He played a full season in China and got hurt here(IN The NBA) late in the year after the lockout ended.

Yea injured late last year. Didn't get back til recently this year

VCoug
Member: #1406

2/8/2013  10:46 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:I like Denver a lot. I think Kenneth Faried will be a stud and I straight up called it before the NCAA tournament. I thought Ty Lawson would be good but he is much better than I thought. Gallo is a lot to handle at SF. I always thought the Knicks might have to choose between Gallo and Chandler but in Denver he can just enjoy being part of the ensemble.

Lol, it's like I'm talking to myself. Faried was a guy I loved almost all year last year and Lawson was the guy I wanted once Curry and Rubio became unavailable.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
Swishfm3
Member: #392
2/8/2013  10:53 PM
Don't let down NYKMentality!! Don't you dare give them that satisfaction!....You're like the anti-Dk7hgdhsg. We need you around to counter his somber posts
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

2/8/2013  10:56 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:Don't let down NYKMentality!! Don't you dare give them that satisfaction!....You're like the anti-Dk7hgdhsg. We need you around to counter his somber posts

this is true. NYKM and TKF are Yin/yang

NUPE
Member: #4205

2/8/2013  11:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2013  11:43 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NUPE wrote:

Read it again...

He was injured late last year but also missed a good chunk of the prior NBA season because he was playing in China. Chandler has not logged many games in the NBA the last two years. I don't even see why he is a topic of discussion other than it gives people the chance to talk about the Melo. trade for the 100000000000000000000000000000000000000th time.

gunsnewing
USA
2/8/2013  11:44 PM
I could careless about that trade just pointing out facts when I see misconceptions
NYKMentality

2/8/2013  11:50 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:Don't let down NYKMentality!! Don't you dare give them that satisfaction!....You're like the anti-Dk7hgdhsg. We need you around to counter his somber posts

Yeah, and then I'm the sucker at the end of the night. Banned. With no place to talk Knicks basketball. What a waste of a season in regards to fan enjoyment. You all don't think after RealGM I put time into searching which Knicks fan base to join? I did. And this was quality over quantity. And then I seen some of the same anti Melo posters from Real GM over here. TKF isn't the only one either. A small group to be exact of 4-6 posters (if that). When I seen these posters? I didn't think it would ever get this bad. But as the season has gone on? As we've continued to win while Melo has his greatest season ever? It's gotten even worse. It's now to the point where I've gotten warnings over here, which I respect. Not cut throat around here. No power trips. Warnings before a ban. But, it's not a good feeling when you're getting warnings due to being baited by the same anti Melo's posters in which surrounded our fan base since trading for Melo and/or losing Gallo. Just ask RealGM. No longer welcomed there. Stood up for our best team dating back to 1993-1994 (regular season wise) a little too much. All the time I spent explaining how our current Knicks were on the verge of our greatest season in quite some time during the entire offseason, posters such as TKF shut me down with this same anti-Melo driven agenda. That was months ago before we played a single game. I was wrong for stating, during the offseason, that Melo's on the verge of leading us to our first Atlantic Division title since 1993-1994. Melo couldn't do it. So they said. Nothing has changed. Couldn't stand that our own mod was feeding the trolls while enjoying it at the same time. Nothing against TKF the person, but as a fan and poster? It is what it is.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/8/2013  11:50 PM
NUPE wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NUPE wrote:

Read it again...

He was injured late last year but also missed a good chunk of the prior NBA season because he was playing in China. Chandler has not logged many games in the NBA the last two years. I don't even see why he is a topic of discussion other than it gives people the chance to talk about the Melo. trade for the 100000000000000000000000000000000000000th time.

I really liked Chandler as a Knick but I agree that he isn't really relevant at this point. 22 nba games in 2 years.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
NUPE
Member: #4205

2/8/2013  11:54 PM
gunsnewing wrote:I could careless about that trade just pointing out facts when I see misconceptions

Chandler played 8 games all of last season. He has played 14 games this season. What misconception are you talking about?

NYKMentality

2/8/2013  11:59 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:

Please. Don't compare me to TKF. We are nothing alike. I believe in our team in which is 1st place of the Atlantic Division by 4.0 games, 2nd place of the entire Eastern Conference only behind Miami by 1 1/2 games, 5th most successful record of any team while being 1 1/2 games behind the #3 seed (overall), enjoying our greatest Knick since Ewing of his prime years, enjoying our greatest regular season dating back to 19 years ago (93-94) and don't watch each and every Denver Nuggets game. If I'm staying up to watch a Western Conference game? It'll have to be the Spurs. A basketball team who's always played damn near perfect basketball. Not staying up to watch Gallo, Randolph and Mozgov to say the least. To each his own, but do not compare me to TKF. Do I compare you to other posters? Nah son.

gunsnewing
USA
2/9/2013  12:01 AM

Alls good as long as he does resort to personal attacks

gunsnewing
USA
2/9/2013  12:03 AM
NUPE wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:I could careless about that trade just pointing out facts when I see misconceptions

Chandler played 8 games all of last season. He has played 14 games this season. What misconception are you talking about?

Last year was a lockout year and he couldn't get out of china cos his team was in the playoffs. He like Kmart joined muched later than JR

gunsnewing
USA
2/9/2013  12:03 AM
NYKMentality wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

Please. Don't compare me to TKF. We are nothing alike. I believe in our team in which is 1st place of the Atlantic Division by 4.0 games, 2nd place of the entire Eastern Conference only behind Miami by 1 1/2 games, 5th most successful record of any team while being 1 1/2 games behind the #3 seed (overall), enjoying our greatest Knick since Ewing of his prime years, enjoying our greatest regular season dating back to 19 years ago (93-94) and don't watch each and every Denver Nuggets game. If I'm staying up to watch a Western Conference game? It'll have to be the Spurs. A basketball team who's always played damn near perfect basketball. Not staying up to watch Gallo, Randolph and Mozgov to say the least. To each his own, but do not compare me to TKF. Do I compare you to other posters? Nah son.

Ying & Yang means the 2 of you are polar opposites

NYKMentality

2/9/2013  12:16 AM
gunsnewing wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

Means opposites in the same way. That's how I take it. And I'm nothing like this man.

CashMoney
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #3374
USA
2/9/2013  1:53 AM
NYKMentality wrote:

Yeah, and then I'm the sucker at the end of the night. Banned. With no place to talk Knicks basketball. What a waste of a season in regards to fan enjoyment. You all don't think after RealGM I put time into searching which Knicks fan base to join? I did. And this was quality over quantity. And then I seen some of the same anti Melo posters from Real GM over here. TKF isn't the only one either. A small group to be exact of 4-6 posters (if that). When I seen these posters? I didn't think it would ever get this bad. But as the season has gone on? As we've continued to win while Melo has his greatest season ever? It's gotten even worse. It's now to the point where I've gotten warnings over here, which I respect. Not cut throat around here. No power trips. Warnings before a ban. But, it's not a good feeling when you're getting warnings due to being baited by the same anti Melo's posters in which surrounded our fan base since trading for Melo and/or losing Gallo. Just ask RealGM. No longer welcomed there. Stood up for our best team dating back to 1993-1994 (regular season wise) a little too much. All the time I spent explaining how our current Knicks were on the verge of our greatest season in quite some time during the entire offseason, posters such as TKF shut me down with this same anti-Melo driven agenda. That was months ago before we played a single game. I was wrong for stating, during the offseason, that Melo's on the verge of leading us to our first Atlantic Division title since 1993-1994. Melo couldn't do it. So they said. Nothing has changed. Couldn't stand that our own mod was feeding the trolls while enjoying it at the same time. Nothing against TKF the person, but as a fan and poster? It is what it is.

You may be the most positive member of this forum which says a lot as I consider myself the ultimate optimist. Don't let the haters rain on your parade. Some just like to make comments to rub us "homers" the wrong way. If a Knicks fan isn't enjoying this season then the person is simply not a Knicks fan.

Blue & Orange 4 Life!
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

2/9/2013  4:00 AM
gunsnewing wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

wow this guy is gone. It's like saying Batman and Joker are the same. Their not but they exist together. What good is a cure without an affliction. This board needs both posters in a way to keep the balance.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/9/2013  5:41 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/9/2013  5:41 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
holfresh wrote:Sorry to be the hater in all this but not really impressed yet...Jury is still out on who this team really is...After a rough road schedule to start the season, it was predictable they would go on this run...They played 15 of the last 18 games at home ...Along with home court advantage, they have the altitude advantage...Chicago was gasping for air last night in Denver...So it's hard to measure them in my opinion...Lets see them beat some tough teams on the road come the second half of the season...

I really think there is something to playing in altitude of Denver that is a massive home court advantage...Of all the teams that are highly ranked this year and are considered "good"..Denver is the only one with a losing record on the road and it's not even close...They are 10-15...So seeing this, I looked at their win/loss totals every year going back to 2006...They have always had some of the best home win/loss record in the entire NBA yet get bumped in the first round(except one year) all be it by some good Western Conference teams...My conclusion??..Their win/loss record over the years may have been inflated by their location and home court (altitude) advantage...

Maybe the change in altitude of being on the road works against Denver? There are two sides to every coin.

not really because athletes train in high altitude to simulate the same effects as blood doping. something to do with the blood cells

I don't get what you're saying. If they train in high altitude then going on the road in low altitude areas would be an even bigger shock to the body's of Denver's players, right?
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
2/9/2013  8:42 AM
NYKMentality wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

Means opposites in the same way. That's how I take it. And I'm nothing like this man.

it means that the world is made up of dualities. "Yin and yang are actually complementary, not opposing, forces, interacting to form a whole greater than either separate part; in effect, a dynamic system." the quote is wiki.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
Really impressed with Denver right now

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy