Really impressed with Denver right now
Author Thread
IronWillGiroud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4359

2/8/2013  1:24 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:Nuggets are 32-18 to our 31-16,

AND THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE A SUPERSTAR!! WE HAVE A SUPERSTAR!!

Our strength of schedule (opponents' winning%) is .480 and there's is .520.

Wow, did not know

I can't be happy as a Knicks fan right now, we're definitely underachieving

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/8/2013  1:25 PM
NYKMentality wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
NUPE wrote:
Caseloads wrote:Is anyone else equally impressed with Denver right now? They are rolling.

We could use a Wilson Chandler over here.

Isiah was a great evaluator of talent.

Wilson Chandler has been mired on the bench / injured for most of the last two seasons (like 95% of the time inactive). I don't hear a peep about ex-knicks when they are irrelevant and/or scrubs but if they have ONE or TWO good games a thread like this pops up as if ONE game sweeps away the massive heap of mediocrity that the player in question has compiled since leaving the Knicks.

Denver doing well does not have any real correlation with the Melo. trade. Denver lost that trade and any sensible person would acknowledge that.

Maybe its just me but it seems like people only care about 2 ex Knicks. I rarely hear about Wilson at all.

I'm sure knick fans would have been cool with Wilson Chandler being injured for 2 years- and patient too.

Not only that, but he was nothing more than a throw in during the trade to begin with. Think back and you'll remember 100% that Wilson Chandler was gone as a free agent regardless. Melo was coming to NY regardless, so even if we never traded for Melo but instead signed Melo as a free agent during the offseason, Wilson Chandler was gone to free agency no matter what. We had zero chance of keeping Wilson Chandler. And thank god we didn't.

Not if we wanted Tyson Chandler we didn't. He's due $5,930,415 this year. $6,344,164 next year. $6,754,913 the following season and a team option of $7,171,662 come 2015/2016. Sorry, but he's not worth that type of money. Not even close to that type of money. Not when you have J.R for $2,806,452 this season and even guys such as Felton will never (even) see 5,000,000 over the next 4 years let alone $5,930,415, $6,344,164, $6,754,913 and $7,171,662.

Is there still a lockout in this situation? Because it seems Melo was ready to go to the Nets if the Knicks didnt do the trade.

Well, I personally believe that Melo wanted to be a Knick. He's always dreamed of being a Knick dating back to his childhood days.
But, there was a possibility that Melo would've signed elsewhere during the offseason, and when you have a chance at landing a top 5 NBA talent? You pull the trigger. So, maybe I shouldn't have stated 'regardless' when in regards to Melo coming to NY during the offseason but Wilson Chandler? He was gone no matter what. Denver overpaid in a big time way for Wilson.

Yes, melo who was born in BKN and moved to Baltimore when he was three.

"personally" is a nice fable. Lets be real, his wife has a career and it was not in Denver. I think from what I read they all were kind of done with each other and each had real leverage. Melo needed some surgery and was not going to opt out of a max year to go free agent in a lock out and need surgery. Denver did not want him around for one more season as they lose leverage and if the whole season is lost he goes free agent and they get nothing. It was simply mutually benefical for Denver and Melo to work it out and do a trade. Melo handled it very well.

If some of you must feel like this is some sort of WWE wrestle match and there is always a good guy and bad guy so be it.

Melo had strong motivation to not go free agent. You don't risk that kind of money. If his dream was to play in NY he would have done that with BKN.

IN the end He likely preferred knicks and Knicks were able to do a deal to Denvers liking.

The Cheerios was not having it in Denver anymore.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/8/2013  1:26 PM

this is correct. Nuggs have Chandler coming back from injury and Knicks have Shump, Amare, Camby, and Sheed either rounding back into shape or on the horizon for coming back. I see the Knicks as having even more potential to be better as the season goes on.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/8/2013  1:27 PM
CashMoney wrote:

AND WE'VE BEEN DEALING WITH INJURIES ALL YEAR!! Besides, Gallo is a SUPERSTAR in the eyes of many here.

No he's not and no one thinks that.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
CashMoney
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #3374
USA
2/8/2013  1:27 PM
IronWillGiroud wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

Wow, did not know

Things tend to happen this way when you miss 2 starters for most of the season and lose your starting PG for 3 weeks and 12 games. We're as close to full strength as we're going to get. We'll finish the 1st half strong. The 2nd half is where the true test lays.

Blue & Orange 4 Life!
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
2/8/2013  1:28 PM
2012-13 Denver Nuggets 26-18 (.591) - -
2011-12 Denver Nuggets 38-28 (.576) 3-4 (.429) Lost Western Conference 1st Rd
2010-11 Denver Nuggets 50-32 (.610) 1-4 (.200) Lost Western Conference 1st Rd
2009-10 Denver Nuggets 53-29 (.646) 2-4 (.333) Lost Western Conference 1st Rd
2008-09 Denver Nuggets 54-28 (.659) 10-6 (.625) Lost Western Conference Finals
2007-08 Denver Nuggets 50-32 (.610) 0-4 (.000) Lost Western Conference 1st Rd
2006-07 Denver Nuggets 45-37 (.549) 1-4 (.200) Lost Western Conference 1st Rd
2005-06 Denver Nuggets 44-38 (.537) 1-4 (.200) Lost Western Conference 1st Rd
2004-05 Denver Nuggets 49-33 (.598) 1-4 (.200) Lost Western Conference 1st Rd
2003-04 Denver Nuggets 43-39 (.524) 1-4 (.200) Lost Western Conference 1st Rd
2002-03 Denver Nuggets 17-65 (.207) - - DNQ
2001-02 Denver Nuggets 27-55 (.329) - - DNQ

Season NBA Team W-L pct W-L pct Performance
2012-13 New York Knicks 26-14 (.650) - -
2011-12 New York Knicks 36-30 (.545) 1-4 (.200) Lost Eastern Conference 1st Rd
2010-11 New York Knicks 42-40 (.512) 0-4 (.000) Lost Eastern Conference 1st Rd
2009-10 New York Knicks 29-53 (.354) - - DNQ
2008-09 New York Knicks 32-50 (.390) - - DNQ
2007-08 New York Knicks 23-59 (.280) - - DNQ
2006-07 New York Knicks 33-49 (.402) - - DNQ
2005-06 New York Knicks 23-59 (.280) - - DNQ
2004-05 New York Knicks 33-49 (.402) - - DNQ
2003-04 New York Knicks 39-43 (.476) 0-4 (.000) Lost Eastern Conference 1st Rd
2002-03 New York Knicks 37-45 (.451) - - DNQ
2001-02 New York Knicks 30-52 (.366) - - DNQ

Notice when we started to improve DRASTICALLY? Notice when Denver started to decline slightly?

Compare percentages, folks. It's really not that difficult.

tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
NUPE wrote:
Caseloads wrote:Is anyone else equally impressed with Denver right now? They are rolling.

Wilson Chandler has been mired on the bench / injured for most of the last two seasons (like 95% of the time inactive). I don't hear a peep about ex-knicks when they are irrelevant and/or scrubs but if they have ONE or TWO good games a thread like this pops up as if ONE game sweeps away the massive heap of mediocrity that the player in question has compiled since leaving the Knicks.

Denver doing well does not have any real correlation with the Melo. trade. Denver lost that trade and any sensible person would acknowledge that.

how did denver lose?

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

martin wrote:

this is correct. Nuggs have Chandler coming back from injury and Knicks have Shump, Amare, Camby, and Sheed either rounding back into shape or on the horizon for coming back. I see the Knicks as having even more potential to be better as the season goes on.

I hope so, but this is the reason why I think Knicks are underachieving,

I feel that we have the talent to be up there with the Spurs and Thunder, but we're wading through the swamps right now,

Only good for maybe 4th in the West, that's not acceptable for a team that is built to win now

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
CashMoney
USA
2/8/2013  1:29 PM
martin wrote:
CashMoney wrote:

AND WE'VE BEEN DEALING WITH INJURIES ALL YEAR!! Besides, Gallo is a SUPERSTAR in the eyes of many here.

But, but, but the potential is there.....

Blue & Orange 4 Life!
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/8/2013  1:30 PM
IronWillGiroud wrote:
martin wrote:

I feel that we have the talent to be up there with the Spurs and Thunder, but we're wading through the swamps right now,

Only good for maybe 4th in the West, that's not acceptable for a team that is built to win now

Our team has had about as many injuries as should have been expected given their age. We got players returning from injuries but we got old guys who will suffer injuries between now and the end of the season too.
CashMoney
USA
2/8/2013  1:31 PM
IronWillGiroud wrote:
martin wrote:

What does the West have to do with the East? If the Knicks were in the West are opponents would be different anyway. You can only play those on your schedule.

Blue & Orange 4 Life!
jrodmc
USA
2/8/2013  1:31 PM
IronWillGiroud wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

Wow, did not know

This says all anyone needs to know. At 31-16. In first place in the division. 2nd place behind the chumps.

tkf
2/8/2013  1:33 PM
raven wrote:
NUPE wrote:

Oh really?

Let me see, they traded present for future, yet they still made the playoffs 2 years in a row and are half a game behind us in the standings while playing in a much tougher conference (this any sensible person should aknowledge).

Read Nuggets blogs (Denver Stiffs, Round mining CO and such), an overwhelming number of Denver fans seem to be really happy about that trade. They know that team, one of the youngest in the league has nowhere to go but up.

So please, help understand how the Knicks won that trade because right now it doesn't seem that clear.

Edit: and to reply about Wilson, that guy has been very unlucky since the trade, but since I watch all Denver's games (boo bad fan raven), I can tell you he changed the way the team plays. When he, Gallo and Iguodala are on the court at the same time, their D is just suffocating. That is still really new and Will doesn't have his legs back yet.

Right now, I see them as a younger, more athletic and less experienced version of the 2004 Pistons.

They are fun to watch and I really love that team.

Thank you, and good post.. People are so quick to keep wanting to try to justify this trade.. if you believe in carmelo then it shouldn't matter what denver does....Denver is young, fun to watch with a bright future.. All of this talk of a go to guy is just ridiculous, they have 4 go to guys.. Gallo, miller, lawson and iggy.. As I said, Denver makes you guard everybody....

As far as chandler goes.. He looked great of late, and when he is on the floor as you said, he just brings another dimension to that Denver team.. I spend time on the forum there and watch all of their games as well... their fans are happy,as well they should be... and knicks fans should be happy and content.. not having to knock what denver does.....

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/8/2013  1:33 PM
IronWillGiroud wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

Wow, did not know

I don't think they are underachieving. Before the season started, I thought the team would have a lot of injuries but still be around .600. They're actually slightly above that.
CashMoney
USA
2/8/2013  1:36 PM
tkf wrote:
raven wrote:
NUPE wrote:

Oh really?

Let me see, they traded present for future, yet they still made the playoffs 2 years in a row and are half a game behind us in the standings while playing in a much tougher conference (this any sensible person should aknowledge).

Read Nuggets blogs (Denver Stiffs, Round mining CO and such), an overwhelming number of Denver fans seem to be really happy about that trade. They know that team, one of the youngest in the league has nowhere to go but up.

So please, help understand how the Knicks won that trade because right now it doesn't seem that clear.

Edit: and to reply about Wilson, that guy has been very unlucky since the trade, but since I watch all Denver's games (boo bad fan raven), I can tell you he changed the way the team plays. When he, Gallo and Iguodala are on the court at the same time, their D is just suffocating. That is still really new and Will doesn't have his legs back yet.

Right now, I see them as a younger, more athletic and less experienced version of the 2004 Pistons.

Thank you, and good post.. People are so quick to keep wanting to try to justify this trade.. if you believe in carmelo then it shouldn't matter what denver does....Denver is young, fun to watch with a bright future.. All of this talk of a go to guy is just ridiculous, they have 4 go to guys.. Gallo, miller, lawson and iggy.. As I said, Denver makes you guard everybody....

As far as chandler goes.. He looked great of late, and when he is on the floor as you said, he just brings another dimension to that Denver team.. I spend time on the forum there and watch all of their games as well... their fans are happy,as well they should be... and knicks fans should be happy and content.. not having to knock what denver does.....

The trade has worked out well for both sides. Denver is a good young team and we got what we wanted which is a championship contending team. Really thought Iggy would be better with Denver then he has been though.

Blue & Orange 4 Life!
tkf
2/8/2013  1:43 PM
CashMoney wrote:
tkf wrote:
raven wrote:
NUPE wrote:

Oh really?

The trade has worked out well for both sides. Denver is a good young team and we got what we wanted which is a championship contending team. Really thought Iggy would be better with Denver then he has been though.

i THOUGHT iggy would be better as well, but he is starting to do a lot of little things that I expected.. we will see how this second half turns out..

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
2/8/2013  1:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2013  1:49 PM
martin wrote:
CashMoney wrote:

really, I can't believe he said that..gallo is a complimentry player at best

ES
jrodmc
USA
2/8/2013  1:55 PM
martin wrote:
CashMoney wrote:

IronWillGiroud wrote:
I'll always cherish that game at MSG when Gallo handed Melo his ass on a silver plate

Rest in Peace Gallo, what could've been

http://www.ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=43839

Some think he at least could have been a SUPERSTAR...

tkf
2/8/2013  2:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2013  2:28 PM
jrodmc wrote:
martin wrote:
CashMoney wrote:

IronWillGiroud wrote:
I'll always cherish that game at MSG when Gallo handed Melo his ass on a silver plate

Rest in Peace Gallo, what could've been

http://www.ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=43839

Some think he at least could have been a SUPERSTAR...

NOT sure who thought that. I always thought All star talent, but a unique talent especially... and I think All star is in his near future... but honestly, it doesn't matter.. Superstars are a rare breed.. we have not had one since Ewing left.. so that goes to show you how hard they are to come by.... when we get one you will truly see this franchise transformed hopefully.. if dolan can keep his nose away from this team....

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

2/8/2013  2:20 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:They're very good. Power rankings have them at 4th in the league. Faried should be an all-star but he doesn't get enough PPG to get recognition he deserves.

sure thats it.

Really impressed with Denver right now

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy