[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Really impressed with Denver right now
Author Thread
K22
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1182
USA
2/8/2013  12:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2013  12:06 PM
VCoug wrote:Or Renaldo Balkman ahead of Rajon Rondo?

Stern: "Renaldo is not here tonight."
Dan Patrick: "... and that's probably a good thing."
Spike: "He a sleeper! A sleeper!" *laughing hysterically*
Stephen A: ".... I'm speechless."

-- the preceding post was brought to you by the letter K and the number 22.
AUTOADVERT
raven
Member: #316
Canada
2/8/2013  12:11 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2013  12:15 PM
NUPE wrote:
Caseloads wrote:Is anyone else equally impressed with Denver right now? They are rolling.

We could use a Wilson Chandler over here.

Isiah was a great evaluator of talent.

Wilson Chandler has been mired on the bench / injured for most of the last two seasons (like 95% of the time inactive). I don't hear a peep about ex-knicks when they are irrelevant and/or scrubs but if they have ONE or TWO good games a thread like this pops up as if ONE game sweeps away the massive heap of mediocrity that the player in question has compiled since leaving the Knicks.

Denver doing well does not have any real correlation with the Melo. trade. Denver lost that trade and any sensible person would acknowledge that.

Oh really?

Let me see, they traded present for future, yet they still made the playoffs 2 years in a row and are half a game behind us in the standings while playing in a much tougher conference (this any sensible person should aknowledge).

Read Nuggets blogs (Denver Stiffs, Round mining CO and such), an overwhelming number of Denver fans seem to be really happy about that trade. They know that team, one of the youngest in the league has nowhere to go but up.

So please, help understand how the Knicks won that trade because right now it doesn't seem that clear.

Edit: and to reply about Wilson, that guy has been very unlucky since the trade, but since I watch all Denver's games (boo bad fan raven), I can tell you he changed the way the team plays. When he, Gallo and Iguodala are on the court at the same time, their D is just suffocating. That is still really new and Will doesn't have his legs back yet.

Right now, I see them as a younger, more athletic and less experienced version of the 2004 Pistons.

They are fun to watch and I really love that team.

smackeddog
Member: #883
2/8/2013  12:12 PM
I don't know, I'm not really impressed with them. Much as I liked Wilson Chandler, he has been injured for about 2 years now- good to see him returning to form, but I don't know if I'd risk signing him to a long term contract. They have a lot of money tied up in McGee who's greatest attribute is his ability to lose you the game through amazingly boneheaded plays- it's not like 1 or 2 per game, but it seems like he messes up EVERY possession!

People used to say they were young and had a lot of cap flexibility- well not anymore, those young players are now all grown up and had to be paid. I think A.I. is over-rated. They have a lot of second tier, complementary players- need to shift some of them for a top tier offensive player. Maybe Wilson (always injured), Gallo (inconsistent), and Mosgov for Melo?

TeamBall
Member: #4386

2/8/2013  12:17 PM
NUPE wrote:
Caseloads wrote:Is anyone else equally impressed with Denver right now? They are rolling.

Wilson Chandler has been mired on the bench / injured for most of the last two seasons (like 95% of the time inactive). I don't hear a peep about ex-knicks when they are irrelevant and/or scrubs but if they have ONE or TWO good games a thread like this pops up as if ONE game sweeps away the massive heap of mediocrity that the player in question has compiled since leaving the Knicks.

Denver doing well does not have any real correlation with the Melo. trade. Denver lost that trade and any sensible person would acknowledge that.

Maybe its just me but it seems like people only care about 2 ex Knicks. I rarely hear about Wilson at all.
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
smackeddog
2/8/2013  12:20 PM
TeamBall wrote:
NUPE wrote:

Maybe its just me but it seems like people only care about 2 ex Knicks. I rarely hear about Wilson at all.

I'm sure knick fans would have been cool with Wilson Chandler being injured for 2 years- and patient too.

NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

2/8/2013  12:21 PM
NUPE wrote:

Exactly. How quick some forget that....

Chandler: 36 games missed, 18.8 minutes and 9.7 points per game off a .390 shooting percentage, 4.9 boards and 0.5 assists per game. 0.9 steals and 1.2 turnovers per game.

J.R Smith: 0 games missed, 33.4 minutes and 16.2 points per game off a .401 shooting percentage, 5.0 boards and 2.7 assists per game. 1.3 steals and 1.4 turnovers per game.

Lets be honest here, if this were our 6th man in J.R Smith, Wilson Chandler would be made out to be some type of injury prone awful shooting chucker due to his .390 shooting percentage, not a team player with only 0.5 assists per game and turnover prone at 1.2 turnovers per every 18.8 minutes of play...

But now that he's a Denver Nugget with a handful of decent games and zero game winners during the clutch, he's made out to be some type of special 6th Man of the Year contender here in 2012-2013. Just. Don't. Get it.

Carry along. Great thread about Denver and their players though.

TeamBall

2/8/2013  12:22 PM
smackeddog wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
NUPE wrote:

I'm sure knick fans would have been cool with Wilson Chandler being injured for 2 years- and patient too.

It seems like they would have been patient with Gallinari's inconsistency too
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

2/8/2013  12:23 PM
Maybe Denver won the Felton, Nene, and Affalo trades. It really doesn't matter if neither one wins a championship. What if NY wins a championship in 1 or 2 years and Denver wins one in 3-5 years? Who is the winner then.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/8/2013  12:25 PM
IM impressed with the trade.

Both teams seem to be "winning"!

Trades have many dimentions to them.

We "won" but I can't say Denver "lost".

Seems both teams are winning!!!!

Seems Melo got what he wanted and Denver is not concentrated on one max contract for a player that did not want to be in Denver anymore.

NYKMentality

2/8/2013  12:30 PM
smackeddog wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
NUPE wrote:

Not only that, but he was nothing more than a throw in during the trade to begin with. Think back and you'll remember 100% that Wilson Chandler was gone as a free agent regardless. Melo was coming to NY regardless, so even if we never traded for Melo but instead signed Melo as a free agent during the offseason, Wilson Chandler was gone to free agency no matter what. We had zero chance of keeping Wilson Chandler. And thank god we didn't.

Not if we wanted Tyson Chandler we didn't. He's due $5,930,415 this year. $6,344,164 next year. $6,754,913 the following season and a team option of $7,171,662 come 2015/2016. Sorry, but he's not worth that type of money. Not even close to that type of money. Not when you have J.R for $2,806,452 this season and even guys such as Felton will never (even) see 5,000,000 over the next 4 years let alone $5,930,415, $6,344,164, $6,754,913 and $7,171,662.

smackeddog
2/8/2013  12:32 PM
Nalod wrote:IM impressed with the trade.

Both teams seem to be "winning"!

Trades have many dimentions to them.

We "won" but I can't say Denver "lost".

Seems both teams are winning!!!!

Seems Melo got what he wanted and Denver is not concentrated on one max contract for a player that did not want to be in Denver anymore.

The funny thing is, for all the arguments about the trade, it was simply a win-win. Both teams got what they wanted and both are doing pretty well with what they got.

TeamBall

2/8/2013  12:34 PM
NYKMentality wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
NUPE wrote:

Not only that, but he was nothing more than a throw in during the trade to begin with. Think back and you'll remember 100% that Wilson Chandler was gone as a free agent regardless. Melo was coming to NY regardless, so even if we never traded for Melo but instead signed Melo as a free agent during the offseason, Wilson Chandler was gone to free agency no matter what. We had zero chance of keeping Wilson Chandler. And thank god we didn't.

Not if we wanted Tyson Chandler we didn't. He's due $5,930,415 this year. $6,344,164 next year. $6,754,913 the following season and a team option of $7,171,662 come 2015/2016. Sorry, but he's not worth that type of money. Not even close to that type of money. Not when you have J.R for $2,806,452 this season and even guys such as Felton will never (even) see 5,000,000 over the next 4 years let alone $5,930,415, $6,344,164, $6,754,913 and $7,171,662.

Is there still a lockout in this situation? Because it seems Melo was ready to go to the Nets if the Knicks didnt do the trade.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/8/2013  12:38 PM
VCoug wrote:

Like drafting Channing Frye over Bynum? Or Renaldo Balkman ahead of Rajon Rondo? In five years of running drafts for us the only notable players were David Lee, Nate Robinson, Wilson Chandler, Channing Frye, and Trevor Ariza. That's one allstar and four role players, not exactly the stuff of legends there.

And a Knicks scout convinced him to draft Lee as Isiah admitted

NYKMentality

2/8/2013  12:43 PM
TeamBall wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
NUPE wrote:

Is there still a lockout in this situation? Because it seems Melo was ready to go to the Nets if the Knicks didnt do the trade.

Well, I personally believe that Melo wanted to be a Knick. He's always dreamed of being a Knick dating back to his childhood days. But, there was a possibility that Melo would've signed elsewhere during the offseason, and when you have a chance at landing a top 5 NBA talent? You pull the trigger. So, maybe I shouldn't have stated 'regardless' when in regards to Melo coming to NY during the offseason but Wilson Chandler? He was gone no matter what. Denver overpaid in a big time way for Wilson.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/8/2013  12:47 PM
Wilson Chandler wasn't hurt the whole time. He played a full season in China came back and got hurt late last year
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/8/2013  1:01 PM
They're very good. Power rankings have them at 4th in the league. Faried should be an all-star but he doesn't get enough PPG to get recognition he deserves.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
2/8/2013  1:11 PM
Wow, "the Trade" debate is like PMS around here. Comes and goes and uually leads to something really smelly and unpleasant.

Why do these discussions always concentrate on whether Denver won?
Once again, Melo left Denver, Denver had been going to the playoffs and even the WCF once.
Denver is now still going to the playoffs.
Denver's winning percentage has pretty much stayed the same, possibly dipping overall the last two years.

The Knicks, on the other hand, had spent the better part of two years with the trade pieces and were going nowhere. Fast.
The Knicks have now gone to the playoffs each year Melo's been here.
The Knicks now have a winning percentage that's so far and above better, it's not worth talking about, which I guess, is why most of the "bad fans" ignore it.

Now, how did Denver "win" the trade? Make a truly fair comparison and the Knicks "win" the trade. Every time. We are much better off than Denver is. Now.

Spare me your gm-wannabe whining about fantasy draft picks, cap space and how we have no future.

Yes, Dolan is an idiot. Congratulations. Go get someone to give you a billion dollars and you can show us all what a highly skilled owner you would be.

This is not rocket science, folks.

IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

2/8/2013  1:21 PM
Nuggets are 32-18 to our 31-16,

AND THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE A SUPERSTAR!! WE HAVE A SUPERSTAR!!

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
CashMoney
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #3374
USA
2/8/2013  1:23 PM
IronWillGiroud wrote:Nuggets are 32-18 to our 31-16,

AND WE'VE BEEN DEALING WITH INJURIES ALL YEAR!! Besides, Gallo is a SUPERSTAR in the eyes of many here.

Blue & Orange 4 Life!
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/8/2013  1:23 PM
IronWillGiroud wrote:Nuggets are 32-18 to our 31-16,

Our strength of schedule (opponents' winning%) is .480 and there's is .520.

Really impressed with Denver right now

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy