[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Really impressed with Denver right now
Author Thread
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
2/8/2013  10:33 AM
Is anyone else equally impressed with Denver right now? They are rolling.

We could use a Wilson Chandler over here.

Isiah was a great evaluator of talent.

AUTOADVERT
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
2/8/2013  10:35 AM
Caseloads wrote:Is anyone else equally impressed with Denver right now? They are rolling.

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/8/2013  10:48 AM

MSG3
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #2476
USA
2/8/2013  10:48 AM
Playing great ball. Last night might have been their most impressive win. Any time you put that many points up on the Bulls is extremely impressive.
VCoug
Member: #1406

2/8/2013  10:50 AM
Caseloads wrote:Is anyone else equally impressed with Denver right now? They are rolling.

Like drafting Channing Frye over Bynum? Or Renaldo Balkman ahead of Rajon Rondo? In five years of running drafts for us the only notable players were David Lee, Nate Robinson, Wilson Chandler, Channing Frye, and Trevor Ariza. That's one allstar and four role players, not exactly the stuff of legends there.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
RonRon
Member: #246
2/8/2013  10:52 AM
While they might not have 1 ALL STAR, they have many good pieces, and they do not have a 1 - 3 year window to remain competitive
Lawson struggled in the start of the year, but his speed/quickness is the key to the success, as he has figured that out
Along with his Lawson, they need good spacing/player movement/ball movement to attack the defense
He started the season playing off the ball more and allowing Iggy to try to create
Also, Wilson Chandler is a very important piece to their success with his versatility, defense, transition, and ability to spread the floor
Denver, along with Clipper's have one of the deepest team's in the league if not the deepest, but Denver's pieces are all YOUNG outside of Andre Miller
NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

2/8/2013  10:57 AM
When compared to our Knicks, I'm really not all that impressed. They've only had to battle through one key injury (Wilson Chandler) but yet are still two games in the loss column behind our Knicks despite the fact that we've battled injury after injury throughout the entire season. They've lost to Miami twice (0-2). Only 1-1 against the Spurs when compared to 2-0 (Knicks). They've lost to our Knicks. And like our Knicks, have also lost to some awful teams ala the 76ers, Magic, Suns, Lakers, Timberwolves (x2), Washington etc, etc.

One 8 game span (winning streak) doesn't make and/or change an entire season. For as injury free as they've been, they should be leaps and bounds better than our Knicks (record wise). Not to bring the Knicks into this, but I can only compare them to what I see on a nightly basis so the answer is no. Not impressed at all.

knicks1248
Member: #582
2/8/2013  10:58 AM
were discussing this in the NBA thread, but like I said, this team is built for the regular season, everyone on that team needs to play well for them to win, they don't have a go to guy, and come playoffs, that what usually becomes the down fall. There not beating, OKC or a healthy clippers team in a 7 game series.

the 8 game win streak..7 of 8 were @ home, took them OT to beat OKC in denver, 2 point win against the pacers in denver..and no back to back games

Im really not that impress, they are a good team no doubt, but every team gets a soft part of the schedule in which they can win some games

ES
TeamBall
Member: #4386

2/8/2013  10:59 AM
Dont really care for Denver too much but I really do miss Wilson. Last night was impressive as hell though.
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
RonRon
Member: #246
2/8/2013  11:03 AM
In all fairness, Denver along with Houston, are not far behind in our Win/Loss column
The West is also much greater than the East as usual

While our window of opportunity is the lowest of the 3, Knick's would probably have the edge this year competing for a ring
But things could change up a bit in, hopefully we are able to restock in the FA class of 2015.

knicks1248
Member: #582
2/8/2013  11:04 AM
TeamBall wrote:Dont really care for Denver too much but I really do miss Wilson. Last night was impressive as hell though.

Beating the bulls @ home with rose and kirk out and a not-so-healthy Noah , how is that impressive,

ES
TeamBall

2/8/2013  11:08 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
TeamBall wrote:Dont really care for Denver too much but I really do miss Wilson. Last night was impressive as hell though.

Beating the bulls @ home with rose and kirk out and a not-so-healthy Noah , how is that impressive,

Im going by my standards here. I never thought highly of the team when they got Iggy like a lot of others did. I thought they were lose last night in a close one.

Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
Nalod
USA
2/8/2013  11:10 AM
NYKMentality wrote:When compared to our Knicks, I'm really not all that impressed. They've only had to battle through one key injury (Wilson Chandler) but yet are still two games in the loss column behind our Knicks despite the fact that we've battled injury after injury throughout the entire season. They've lost to Miami twice (0-2). Only 1-1 against the Spurs when compared to 2-0 (Knicks). They've lost to our Knicks. And like our Knicks, have also lost to some awful teams ala the 76ers, Magic, Suns, Lakers, Timberwolves (x2), Washington etc, etc.

One 8 game span (winning streak) doesn't make and/or change an entire season. For as injury free as they've been, they should be leaps and bounds better than our Knicks (record wise). Not to bring the Knicks into this, but I can only compare them to what I see on a nightly basis so the answer is no. Not impressed at all.

Your not impressed, but is it ok for others to be?

Their record is impressive considering the western conference is very tough.

IN the end, we'll see.

I think the big difference is they have a much younger team and still some nice picks as assets.

We are in win mode now. Considering they rebooted the franchise with "the trade" in many ways not directly involved with "The trade" im pretty impressed with their record and level of competitiveness given those circumstances.

We on the other had are full in with winning now.

Two franchises with different objectives.

If your impressed by out play with our injuries its becasue we are deep and because of our age such injuries were to be expected. The biggest suprise is our play without Amare. Very nice!

Denver is younger and should not have the injury expectations that we did.

Its ok to be impressed with other teams based on their body of work. Its not always about the knicks as the baseline.

Its only important the knicks take care of their business, not what Denver does.

IF Denver makes it farther in the playoffs it really has no bearing on our season does it?

TeamBall

2/8/2013  11:14 AM
Nalod wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:When compared to our Knicks, I'm really not all that impressed. They've only had to battle through one key injury (Wilson Chandler) but yet are still two games in the loss column behind our Knicks despite the fact that we've battled injury after injury throughout the entire season. They've lost to Miami twice (0-2). Only 1-1 against the Spurs when compared to 2-0 (Knicks). They've lost to our Knicks. And like our Knicks, have also lost to some awful teams ala the 76ers, Magic, Suns, Lakers, Timberwolves (x2), Washington etc, etc.

IN the end, we'll see.

I think the big difference is they have a much younger team and still some nice picks as assets.

We are in win mode now. Considering they rebooted the franchise with "the trade" in many ways not directly involved with "The trade" im pretty impressed with their record and level of competitiveness given those circumstances.

If your impressed by out play with our injuries its becasue we are deep and because of our age such injuries were to be expected. The biggest suprise is our play without Amare. Very nice!

Its ok to be impressed with other teams based on their body of work. Its not always about the knicks as the baseline.

Its only important the knicks take care of their business, not what Denver does.

IF Denver makes it farther in the playoffs it really has no bearing on our season does it?

I think you could argue that our play with Amare is a bigger surprise seeing as how the majority of NBA fans thought he would ruin anything good we'd have going here.
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

2/8/2013  11:15 AM
MSG3 wrote:Playing great ball. Last night might have been their most impressive win. Any time you put that many points up on the Bulls is extremely impressive.

Everybody can't play well in the Mile High atmosphere.

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
Nalod
USA
2/8/2013  11:19 AM
TeamBall wrote:
Nalod wrote:

IN the end, we'll see.

I think you could argue that our play with Amare is a bigger surprise seeing as how the majority of NBA fans thought he would ruin anything good we'd have going here.

That was some media hype because we are the surprise team this year and Amare/Melo has not had much time on the court.

Our ceiling is much higher with Amare! Off the bench it gets him into the flow better. The time Amare and Melo are on the floor together is a work in progress. Im not sure we can really call it a success yet, but its NOT a fail by any stretch. Its going "well" and we are winning at a nice clip.

TeamBall

2/8/2013  11:23 AM
Nalod wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
Nalod wrote:

IN the end, we'll see.

That was some media hype because we are the surprise team this year and Amare/Melo has not had much time on the court.

Our ceiling is much higher with Amare! Off the bench it gets him into the flow better. The time Amare and Melo are on the floor together is a work in progress. Im not sure we can really call it a success yet, but its NOT a fail by any stretch. Its going "well" and we are winning at a nice clip.

+100

It'd be great if Woodson would try to play Amare in a lineup without Melo once in a while. Not because I dont think it works but because I dont think Melo has to be in the lineup for Amare to be effective. Not to mention it should give Melo rest so he stops playing so many minutes.

holfresh
Member: #1081

2/8/2013  11:37 AM
Sorry to be the hater in all this but not really impressed yet...Jury is still out on who this team really is...After a rough road schedule to start the season, it was predictable they would go on this run...They played 15 of the last 18 games at home ...Along with home court advantage, they have the altitude advantage...Chicago was gasping for air last night in Denver...So it's hard to measure them in my opinion...Lets see them beat some tough teams on the road come the second half of the season...
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

2/8/2013  12:02 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2013  12:03 PM

Well from this post i can see that you are one of the most biased fans i ever seen I am diehard Knicks fan and love what i've seen but i have no problem giving snother team credit. Denevr is a very dangerous team because of their youth and depth. Now Im not saying they will make noise in the playoffs but they definetly could be a team that will cause other teams problems out west. And also the knicks have A LOT of things to clean up. Our defense is still very inconsistent as well as our first halfs. We cant afford slow starts in the playoffs
NUPE
Member: #4205

2/8/2013  12:04 PM

Wilson Chandler has been mired on the bench / injured for most of the last two seasons (like 95% of the time inactive). I don't hear a peep about ex-knicks when they are irrelevant and/or scrubs but if they have ONE or TWO good games a thread like this pops up as if ONE game sweeps away the massive heap of mediocrity that the player in question has compiled since leaving the Knicks.

Denver doing well does not have any real correlation with the Melo. trade. Denver lost that trade and any sensible person would acknowledge that.

Really impressed with Denver right now

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy