[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Gameday Thread: New York Knicks (31-16) @ Minnesota Timberwolves (18-28). Friday (02/08/2013), 8:00 P.M.
Author Thread
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
2/8/2013  10:29 PM
Detroit really beat San Antonio? End of days?
Knicks_Fan
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/8/2013  10:31 PM
Knicksfan wrote:Detroit really beat San Antonio? End of days?

yes wow lol

Spurs must've been tired on the road or Pops sat out the stars again

holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

2/8/2013  10:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2013  10:34 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
nycisgreat wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:Felton to me has been the biggest disappointment on defense.
i agree but the funny thing is people love fellton and always defend him. I like felton but he has a lot fo weaknesses especially on defense

I love Felton, but I do agree that his defense suck right now. Another thing that is starting to bother me about this guy is his emotion. Once he gets emotional he is completely out of his game. For instance, if he misses a few baskets, you can see that he visibly gets upset and typically go on to have a bad game. I think he needs to learn to keep his emotions in check.

This.

Exhibit A & B. Both Houston games

His defense does suck since coming back but the Knicks are doing a poor job defending the pick and roll..Most of those plays Felton is getting beat is off picks..The teams have to do a better job picking up the ball handler when Felton gets picked at the foul line...

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/8/2013  10:34 PM
Missed this game. Glad it was a win. Wish there was a rewind tonight.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
2/8/2013  10:35 PM
BRIGGS wrote:I'm 44 going on 45 and I just want to see the Knicks win 1championship in my lifetime this organization is not run well. This might be the best position to try for a decade or more. I hope they realize what we have at guard is not going to get it done but Dolan run teams are stubborn to change. Not big changes needed but we need an upgrade at g to even think about competing in the playoffs. Bad mistake giving Lin away for nada. How bad could we use him. He was our guy

We can still do eet without Lin. But giving him away for nothing was horrible, i agree

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
gunsnewing
USA
2/8/2013  10:37 PM
BRIGGS wrote:I'm 44 going on 45 and I just want to see the Knicks win 1championship in my lifetime this organization is not run well. This might be the best position to try for a decade or more. I hope they realize what we have at guard is not going to get it done but Dolan run teams are stubborn to change. Not big changes needed but we need an upgrade at g to even think about competing in the playoffs. Bad mistake giving Lin away for nada. How bad could we use him. He was our guy

Briggs.. JR, Shump, Kidd, White, Brewer is not enough?

OGkush121
Member: #4392

2/8/2013  10:39 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:Another 40+ minute game for Melo. Sad. Also, White should be playing while Shump and kid play 20 minutes each.

For the MVP Tyson sure do take a lot of games off. Tyson "got my popcorn ready" Chandler needs to step up like he did at the end.

It's not a good thing he had to play 40 minutes, but I don't know why it's "sad".
He had a great game, we won.

OGkush121

2/8/2013  10:40 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:One of Melo's best games as a Knick!

Apparently some Minnesota fan got past security and was heckling him before the game
http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/knicksblog/minnesota_fan_sneaks_past_security_upcf3tsgqqaSgBuDWfL1EL?utm_medium=rss&utm_content=%0A%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20Knicks%20Blog%0A#axzz2KMvDg932

Also Playa posted earlier how Melo owns the Wolves going back to his Denver days. Averages 30+ good call

Not to mention dropping 33 points on them in one quarter :D
CrushAlot
USA
2/8/2013  10:41 PM
If your suggesting that the Knicks should have matched that deal and then traded him so they got something for him I don't think that was possible. His contract in the new cba is going to be hard to live up to. Missed the game but with Lin coming up again my guess is Felton struggled.
TeamBall
Member: #4386

2/8/2013  10:43 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
If your suggesting that the Knicks should have matched that deal and then traded him so they got something for him I don't think that was possible. His contract in the new cba is going to be hard to live up to. Missed the game but with Lin coming up again my guess is Felton struggled.

It sounds like hes suggesting that should have kept him actually.

But yeah Felton got burned bad tonight

Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
CrushAlot
USA
2/8/2013  10:44 PM
ramtour420 wrote:
nycisgreat wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
nycisgreat wrote:Woodson has no clue with offense. This team place so much half court without any set plays. Organized confusion.

MDA also didn't really believe in set plays. We are supposedly running the same offense which should be based on sticking to principles, moving the ball, letting player make reads.

MDA was really good at drawing up plays when needed. Coming off of timeouts, MDA was really good at creating plays for quick baskets. I haven't seen Woodson display the same ability. I am not sure why. We play too much playground one on one basketball and may hurt our chances at a title.

What? MDA was officially one of the worst coaches at calling timeout and creating plays from timeouts was not his strong point either.
Woodson has been called one of the best coaches for setting up plays coming out of time outs. Not sure who said it, but it was an announcer/analyst. If you didn't have enough experience to know Mike D wasn't good at diagraming plays coming out of timeouts watch a Lakers game or read the LA Times Sports section to see how he is doing at his craft.
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

2/8/2013  10:46 PM
OGkush121 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:Another 40+ minute game for Melo. Sad. Also, White should be playing while Shump and kid play 20 minutes each.

For the MVP Tyson sure do take a lot of games off. Tyson "got my popcorn ready" Chandler needs to step up like he did at the end.

It's not a good thing he had to play 40 minutes, but I don't know why it's "sad".
He had a great game, we won.

It's sad because they are not taking advantage of the weak teams to give players some rest. It's not a knock on Melo he was the best defender and offensive player out there. He was still a little to lazy at times on D but playing 41+ minutes in January will zap your energy.

gunsnewing
USA
2/8/2013  10:46 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Struggled again defenively big time

OGkush121

2/8/2013  10:48 PM
Interesting stat (since Melo's been shooting porely in January): He's now 33/66 from the field after ending his streak of 20+ games.
In a way I guess you could say that woke him up on offense.
It's a shame our defense isn't showing that much improvement.
I mean we're not horrible defensively, but for a team with this much talent and aspiration we need to be better.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/8/2013  11:17 PM
haters gonna hate - lovers gonna love
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
2/8/2013  11:19 PM
lucky we pulled that one out against an undermanned 18-win minnesota squad. although 9 3s attempted is too much, melo managed to score efficiently which helped a lot. it'd be nice if he could be as effective against real playoff teams because that would be something. but only 2 assists.

felton has 1 assist. can you say "weakest link?" time to face facts he is just a putrid defender and he will be compromising his team every night against quicker backcourt players.

tonight didn't further my confidence in this team.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
TeamBall
Member: #4386

2/8/2013  11:21 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:haters gonna hate - lovers gonna love

Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
CrushAlot
USA
2/8/2013  11:21 PM
Pacers, Nets and Hawks all lose tonight.
NUPE
Member: #4205

2/8/2013  11:24 PM
dk7th wrote:lucky we pulled that one out against an undermanned 18-win minnesota squad. although 9 3s attempted is too much, melo managed to score efficiently which helped a lot. it'd be nice if he could be as effective against real playoff teams because that would be something. but only 2 assists.

felton has 1 assist. can you say "weakest link?" time to face facts he is just a putrid defender and he will be compromising his team every night against quicker backcourt players.

A win is a win.

CrushAlot
USA
2/8/2013  11:27 PM
dk7th wrote:lucky we pulled that one out against an undermanned 18-win minnesota squad. although 9 3s attempted is too much, melo managed to score efficiently which helped a lot. it'd be nice if he could be as effective against real playoff teams because that would be something. but only 2 assists.

6-1 for the seven game run that you said would be a character defining part of the schedule for the Knicks.
Gameday Thread: New York Knicks (31-16) @ Minnesota Timberwolves (18-28). Friday (02/08/2013), 8:00 P.M.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy