[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Grrrr.... 1997 continues to piss me off....
Author Thread
BrilliantTruth
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #622
4/1/2004  5:08 PM
especially after reading these two articles that brought it all back to me. :(

http://acmi.canoe.ca/1997NBAFinals/may14_new.html
Tuesday, May 13, 1997

News bad for Heat, Riley
COCONUT GROVE, Fla. (AP) -- Pat Riley sat down Tuesday morning with the sports section and read every word about his Miami Heat.
The news was bad, and it made him mad.
First there was the score: New York Knicks 89, Miami Heat 76. Even worse, Riley sensed resignation in the Heat's reaction to their 3-1 deficit going into Game 5 tonight at Miami Arena.
"Not one player said anything about, 'We're going to win (today),'" Riley said. "That bothered me.
"It was very revealing. The scenario of being down 3-1 and the fact that New York might be simply superior can get to any person. You've got to fight it."
Monday's loss at Madison Square Garden left Miami on the verge of elimination, but Riley tried to rally the Atlantic Division champions for one last stand, chastising his players at practice Tuesday for their post-game comments.
"I'm pretty used to him tongue-lashing us," centre Alonzo Mourning said. "It keeps us going and keeps us inspired.
"We're a wounded animal. You pick at it and pick at it, and it gets a little ornery and frustrated until you kill it.
"We're not dead yet."
But they're on the brink of elimination facing long odds. The only NBA team to overcome a 3-1 deficit since 1981 was the Houston Rockets, who rallied past the Phoenix Suns in 1995.
The Heat must win three straight games against a team that hasn't lost three consecutive games since November. New York is 6-2 against Miami this season.
"We're just better," Knicks guard Chris Childs said.
Coach Jeff Van Gundy took a more cautious stance.
"Miami is being written off far too early," he said. "They didn't have the third-best record in the league for nothing.
"They are a great team, and we have to find a way to get one more win."
The Knicks have dominated with defence. The Heat are averaging just 79 points, shooting a mere 38 per cent and floundering for a third option to Mourning and an exhausted Tim Hardaway, who managed only 10 shots Monday.
Voshon Lenard, Miami's best perimetre threat during the regular season, is 10-for-31 in the series.
"Not one -- not one -- player has played to the level of his regular-season play," Riley said.
The Heat are especially cold at the free throw line, shooting 64.5 per cent.
"Even our good shooters are starting to miss," Riley said. "I'm mystified by it.
"That is deflating for a team to keep missing."
Wanted: Patience and Brilliance
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/1/2004  5:16 PM

Why? Burn that bridge man......

If I could have been there that day the Heat won I would still be in jail. I hate PJ, Tim, and Alonzo still to this day.

Burn that bridge man....
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
BrilliantTruth
4/1/2004  6:22 PM
The biggest problem was that I was there. I went to 6 and 7! Two of the most dissappointing days o fmy life. 6 especially.
raven
Member: #316
Canada
4/2/2004  6:11 AM
Hard to forget it. Bad bad memories.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/2/2004  9:04 AM
i agree. game 7 was problably the worst day of my life.
ARES
Member: #406
4/2/2004  1:56 PM
didnt bother me, wasnt jordan playing back then? we would of loss to him anyway.
NEW YORK, NEW YORK BIG CITY OF DREAMS, BUT EVERYTHING IN NEW YORK AINT ALWAYS WHAT IT SEEMS
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/2/2004  2:16 PM
not with the way we matched up against that Bulls team that year. The season series was 2-2 and we could've won all 4.
ARES
Member: #406
4/2/2004  2:48 PM
you believe that. thats very funny
the knicks were never good enough to beat a motivated Michael. lets be real. the knicks didnt have the talent or the heart.

Regular season means nothing it's almost the playoffs is a different form of basketball.

your point was quite vague, i can easily ask you was there a back to back invovled, were players healthy, suspended?

but to get specific the knicks never beat mike, and the media hyped it like they had a chance but they never did, and after the bad boys no one else did.

That 90's knicks team was not as good as people make them.
NEW YORK, NEW YORK BIG CITY OF DREAMS, BUT EVERYTHING IN NEW YORK AINT ALWAYS WHAT IT SEEMS
LJ2
Member: #239
USA
4/3/2004  3:37 PM
Posted by BrilliantTruth:

The biggest problem was that I was there. I went to 6 and 7! Two of the most dissappointing days o fmy life. 6 especially.

Game 6 was in NY and then you flew down to miami for gaem 7??
BrilliantTruth
4/3/2004  5:12 PM
I knew someone would eventually ask. I lived with my mom in miami at the time... my father still lived in NY. My b-day is May 17th, so I was in NY for a few days with my dad for that. I came back to miami, and one o my better friends at the time ( a heat fan) had tickets. So we went.

Is that ok for you?
Grrrr.... 1997 continues to piss me off....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy