[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Knicks @Wizards Wed 7:00..5-0 gunsanity!!!!
Author Thread
sidsanders
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #2426

2/6/2013  10:07 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
sidsanders wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Don't feel like wasting anymore time on something Magic said in a game the Knicks lost to the underdog. Maybe when Melo passes Miami and OKC in the standings and puts up better ststs than Lebron and Durant. Then I will start thinking about the mvp. 35 games left to play

They're called the New York Knicks not the New York Melos

exactly

while its possible for anthony to win the mvp chase and still have decent post season success. does it matter without the post season success?

Exactly. Who cares about the mvp chase with 35 games left to play. No sense in arguing MVP during a game where you are losing to the 12win Wizards

im with ya... as others have said, win games and the awards will sort itself out.

GO TEAM VENTURE!!!!!
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/6/2013  10:09 PM
yep
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/6/2013  10:10 PM
sidsanders wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
sidsanders wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Don't feel like wasting anymore time on something Magic said in a game the Knicks lost to the underdog. Maybe when Melo passes Miami and OKC in the standings and puts up better ststs than Lebron and Durant. Then I will start thinking about the mvp. 35 games left to play

exactly

while its possible for anthony to win the mvp chase and still have decent post season success. does it matter without the post season success?

Exactly. Who cares about the mvp chase with 35 games left to play. No sense in arguing MVP during a game where you are losing to the 12win Wizards

im with ya... as others have said, win games and the awards will sort itself out.

I don't think that anyone actually gives a chit about the award... it would be nice if Knicks fans uk.com posters would acknowledge the fact that our best player in a decade and a half actually warrants consideration as an MVP candidate though. That's what this is all about - not the actual award itself

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
3G4G
Member: #4333

PresIke wrote:
Papabear wrote:Papabear Says

Well on to the next game. Woodson better wake up and if Sheed and Camby can't play because of injuries we better start looking real fast.

problem is as woody said in the post-game...

it was on the guards mostly...

too many open looks...

again, i think this is one of those losses that can help us grow and learn as a team.

this season ain't about one game.

It was a bad loss

Miami won

Brooklyn won

Pacers won

Hawks won

Boston won

Our schedule will get tougher this was a game we needed to have. No need to sugarcoat or silver line. Is our season over because we got beat by them by no means but this was a bad loss.

Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
NYKMentality wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:You can read it like it is: this teams' overconfidence and lack of respect for opponents is a serious fault that could come back to haunt them.

Yea, right, and 5-1 during our last 6 say otherwise.

Bunch of sorry ass love you when you're up/kick you when you're down types of fans.

Oh please, so a fan must sip his cool-aid and ignore negative aspects we have seen before? So a performance like this should help us proclaim them as champs, I suppose?

One nor the other. The Knicks are a very good team and we all know that, but if you are indeed a fan you must remember one of their weaknesses is the lack of focus and overconfidence in games like this one
For almost a month the Knicks were the best defensive team in the league, then they started slacking on d and while they kept winning, D had become an issue.

Guess what, amazing record and all, they still need to get their defense straight. Today was a pretty bad step into the paoblem and not the solution. Whenever you choose to take your pinky glasses and see things as they are, you will probably see the same thing.

Knicks_Fan
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
you don't close out on 3s against a team on its home floor you are going to be in big trouble. they shot 55% from there.

it wasn't just wall blowing past everyone but okafor as well.

no defensive intensity = this team is unprofessional.

you don't move the ball around and share the shot selection with novak, chandler and kidd you will get acquire 14 assists, with felton getting 4 assists.

stoudemire had some nice moves and melo had a couple of good feeds. this two-man game needs to be cultivated.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
TeamBall
Member: #4386

2/6/2013  10:13 PM
dk7th wrote:you don't close out on 3s against a team on its home floor you are going to be in big trouble. they shot 55% from there.

you don't move the ball around and share the shot selection with novak, chandler and kidd you will get acquire 14 assists, with felton getting 4 assists.

stoudemire had some nice moves and melo had a couple of good feeds. this two-man game needs to be cultivated.

I wouldnt go so far as to say unprofessional but its pretty bad how they sometimes decide they dont need to play defense against certain teams.
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
2/6/2013  10:15 PM
ramtour420 wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:You can read it like it is: this teams' overconfidence and lack of respect for opponents is a serious fault that could come back to haunt them.

We have been actually good at beating bad teams and not playing down to the competition. That and the fact that fast PG's are hard to stop AND that Was shot 11 for 20 from 3 land.

True, but our defense has been mediocre and inconsistent at best since the first month. No matter the opponent, our defense must be consistent and on many nights they seem to take the night off.

Knicks_Fan
NYDiva
Member: #4387

2/6/2013  10:16 PM
PresIke wrote:
NYDiva wrote:
Andrew wrote:
NYDiva wrote:Worst game of the season. Absolutely no excuse losing to the Wiz, don't care who they have beaten. They had TWELVE WINS coming into tonight's game. They are horrible. There is no excuse losing to this crap team, none.

Dig a little deeper. With wall back this is a different team and over their last 15 games they have been decent.

Okay. They were 7-7 with Wall coming into this game. And I'm glad we didn't lose to them w/o Wall, unlike the Heat. But even if we're going to reset the Wiz to a .500 team, this is a squad we should still be beating! .500 is still not good! We gave a half-ass, lethargic effort on defense tonight. Wiz shot jumpers in an easy rhythm & cruised to basket pretty much all night. It's frustrating to see them give this kind of effort after the last 5 games of relatively good play.

i believe it was 8-7, and the effort was poor, yes. but digging deeper also involves looking at why the team perhaps performed this way.

this is one of 'those losses' that a lot of good teams have during the year.

not excusing it, we need to respond and learn, but getting carried away isn't useful.

Nope. Wall played exactly 14 gms coming into tonight's matchup. It was 7-7. With all due respect, the Knicks didn't give the effort they should have on D. Their defense was porous & the effort lethargic. Not sure how much deeper one needs to dig on that score.

NYDiva

2/6/2013  10:17 PM
3G4G wrote:
PresIke wrote:
Papabear wrote:Papabear Says

Well on to the next game. Woodson better wake up and if Sheed and Camby can't play because of injuries we better start looking real fast.

problem is as woody said in the post-game...

it was on the guards mostly...

too many open looks...

again, i think this is one of those losses that can help us grow and learn as a team.

this season ain't about one game.

It was a bad loss

Miami won

Brooklyn won

Pacers won

Hawks won

Boston won

Our schedule will get tougher this was a game we needed to have. No need to sugarcoat or silver line. Is our season over because we got beat by them by no means but this was a bad loss.

So much this.

gunsnewing
USA
2/6/2013  10:18 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
sidsanders wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
sidsanders wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

exactly

I don't think that anyone actually gives a chit about the award... it would be nice if Knicks fans uk.com posters would acknowledge the fact that our best player in a decade and a half actually warrants consideration as an MVP candidate though. That's what this is all about - not the actual award itself

Read my posts in other Melo MVP threads. Never said Melo isn't in the discussion. The paranoia on this forum is really getting annoying. Just because half a handful of posters truly dislike Melo doesn't mean that others need to pick fights with anyone being fair and critical of the team

sidsanders
Member: #2426

2/6/2013  10:20 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
sidsanders wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
sidsanders wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

exactly

why does it matter for some folks? this mvp talk has no value for me as a fan if it doesnt also include post season success. never seen this team win it all and that has more value to me as a fan.

at least 4 possible outcomes: mvp+good post season, mvp+poor post season, no mvp+good post season, no mvp+poor post season. ill take any combo that results in a good post season. good post season == team success. this isnt all on anthony.

GO TEAM VENTURE!!!!!
gunsnewing
USA
2/6/2013  10:21 PM
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:you don't close out on 3s against a team on its home floor you are going to be in big trouble. they shot 55% from there.

I wouldnt go so far as to say unprofessional but its pretty bad how they sometimes decide they dont need to play defense against certain teams.

yep. Felton's comments about turning it on and off pretty much confirms this major flaw this team has

gunsnewing
USA
2/6/2013  10:21 PM
Knicksfan wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:

We have been actually good at beating bad teams and not playing down to the competition. That and the fact that fast PG's are hard to stop AND that Was shot 11 for 20 from 3 land.

True, but our defense has been mediocre and inconsistent at best since the first month. No matter the opponent, our defense must be consistent and on many nights they seem to take the night off.

Defensive been inconsistent since Dec. 17 when we were blown out by Houston a 2nd time

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/6/2013  10:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/6/2013  10:50 PM
sidsanders wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
sidsanders wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
sidsanders wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

exactly

why does it matter for some folks? this mvp talk has no value for me as a fan if it doesnt also include post season success. never seen this team win it all and that has more value to me as a fan.

at least 4 possible outcomes: mvp+good post season, mvp+poor post season, no mvp+good post season, no mvp+poor post season. ill take any combo that results in a good post season. good post season == team success. this isnt all on anthony.

frankly it doesn't in a basketball sense - you're right in that regard.

in terms of the messageboard, this place used to be so much better when the Knicks sucked and the fair weather posters weren't posting here (not directed at you).

Time to take another break. Hope y'all (not directed at you) get what you want

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
2/6/2013  11:03 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
TeamBall wrote:

yep. Felton's comments about turning it on and off pretty much confirms this major flaw this team has

we need to be a top 2 seed and losing these sorts of games does not inspire confidence. it's not THAT you lose but HOW you lose.

19 out of our last 34 games are on the road
15 out of our last 34 games are against the top 8 teams in the league
8 B2B make up 16 of those 34 games
4 B2B of those 8 B2B are on the road

the defense has to get better or we may not get the seeding we need to advance in the playoffs.

the knicks could get it together and get 55 wins but then they could also continue to play lackluster defense and only garner 48 wins.

again i have to wonder where the focus, re-commitment, and leadership will come from within this group?

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/6/2013  11:15 PM
dk7th wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
TeamBall wrote:

we need to be a top 2 seed and losing these sorts of games does not inspire confidence. it's not THAT you lose but HOW you lose.

19 out of our last 34 games are on the road
15 out of our last 34 games are against the top 8 teams in the league
8 B2B make up 16 of those 34 games
4 B2B of those 8 B2B are on the road

the defense has to get better or we may not get the seeding we need to advance in the playoffs.

the knicks could get it together and get 55 wins but then they could also continue to play lackluster defense and only garner 48 wins.

again i have to wonder where the focus, re-commitment, and leadership will come from within this group?

When this seven game stretch started you said it would be character defining for this team. The Knicks have gone 5-1 since you said that. This was a bad loss but I have a hard time with you popping in at the end of a five game winning streak to start harping on the negative. This the first game that fits your agenda. Did you get kicked off of realgm or did you just decide that the fans here were passionate enough to react to your constant negativity?

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
MinsHeartsReezy
Member: #872
USA
2/6/2013  11:24 PM
Just got back from the game.

WHAT A WASTE OF AN EVENING!!!! Although I had a bad feeling about this game since this morning.

Knicks played with ZERO effort or intensity tonight!! There seemed to be absolutely no communication on D at all!! I wish I could say we were old & slow, but what it comes down to is that we just didn't try.

I don't know where STAT was on defense tonight. He just decided he wasn't going to bother to try tonight and let his 4 teammates cover 5 guys. I can't describe how maddening it was to watch how he would mess up his defensive assignment, and confuse everyone else, possession after possession, and leave shooters WIDE OPEN ALL DAY at the three point line??? How did we allow Reezy to turn into Steve F'in Novak play after play??? How many 3's are we going to allow before we make the necessary adjustment??? You could tell how frustrated Tyson and Felton were. Melo too but he doesn't show it as much. You can only allow such lapses to happen so many times before the rest of the guys are going to give up. I'm such a huge fan of STAT but he NEEDS to pick it up on defense, we're past the 1/2 way point and it's unacceptable.

One thing I'll say about the Wizards, they're not a good team, but they're at least bringing the effort and moving the ball. There was more than one instance where they ran the ball all the way across the court before before a few of our guys even looked up. Seriously, we had no excuse to be tired, it was just lazy ball.

The Wizards' entertainment always makes fun of the opposition- last game they wrote "knicks" on a plank and karate chopped it during a timeout.
This time they announced they were giving away a big screen tv, at which point they actually carry out a tv to present to the lucky winner, who happens to be a Knicks fan, and then drops it down the stairs and gives the remote to the fan.

I swear the only way they get ppl into the building is by bribing them with chipotle and chick-fil-a. Those giveaways drew the loudest cheers in the building during the 4th. lol

The one good thing about my evening: not having to listen to those horrid announcers on the CSN Wizards broadcast. I'm always on the verge of watching it on mute.

MinsHeartsReezy
Member: #872
USA
2/6/2013  11:26 PM

OK...right after I hit "post" I realized it's the one year anniversary of the death of STAT's brother...so I guess I can see why he was out of it. But he seemed ok on the offensive end so idk...
NYDiva

2/6/2013  11:27 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
Andrew wrote:Started watching in the second half. Not one stas post up. Were there any in the first?

Plenty in the 1st. 2nd half was a mix of Terrible D by stat, tyson and melo. Melo bringing the ball up with Felton on the floor. Melo taking over while everyone stands around. Not posting Amare enough. Not interior D. No transition D and too many open 3's

THIS. I was watching the game with a friend of mine. I kept bitching to them as to WHY Melo is bringing the ball up the court when Felton was on the floor. I think back to the Olympics and folks believing Melo was just HOT. NO. That squad knew exactly how to utilize his scoring ability. When did he bring up the ball during those games? He barely ever created his own shot then. He had LeBron and DWill and Paul creating looks for him while he rained threes. When Melo does not have to work for shots is when he is most effective. When he is scoring within the flow of offense he is just deadly. It kills me when I see him holding onto the ball for 10-12 seconds waiting to drive or hoist up a (bad) shot. It's such bad offensive execution.

I have been waiting for someone (WOODSON) to take note of these things and change the way the offense is run. Whenever I see Melo or JR dribbling, dribbling, and making a move/taking a shot with 6-7 seconds on the shot, I just dry heave. So hard to watch bad basketball.

I can/have picked apart Melo's individual game; I (admittedly) have a tendency to go after JR a bit, but I've reigned that in. I find it MUCH more effective to view things from a team standpoint.

How can the team create the best opportunities for its best offensive weapons? What do they have to do to get better?

I can't with the MVP stuff at the moment. Especially after a loss to the Wizards in which the offensive execution was poor and the defense was worse.

Game Thread: Knicks @Wizards Wed 7:00..5-0 gunsanity!!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy