[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Knicks @Wizards Wed 7:00..5-0 gunsanity!!!!
Author Thread
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/6/2013  9:42 PM
ramtour420 wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:You can read it like it is: this teams' overconfidence and lack of respect for opponents is a serious fault that could come back to haunt them.

We have been actually good at beating bad teams and not playing down to the competition. That and the fact that fast PG's are hard to stop AND that Was shot 11 for 20 from 3 land.

yeah - that's why I'll label it as unacceptable but not get too bent out of shape about it

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
AUTOADVERT
Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
2/6/2013  9:44 PM

A game like this makes me think that we carry a lot of dead weight on offense, so if Melo isn't destroying the other team, we really get to a bad place offensively when the three ball isn't falling.
"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

2/6/2013  9:44 PM
Papabear Says

Well on to the next game. Woodson better wake up and if Sheed and Camby can't play because of injuries we better start looking real fast.

Papabear
DJMUSIC
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1283

2/6/2013  9:45 PM
Knicks ge5 what they deserve
No D on perimeter again & so so rebounding

Knicks lose same way all the time off lack effort on glass
& no energy for man to man D

Wiz played great & so so efforts by knicks wont work on these poor weak teams anymore

Ny got what they deserve & on to next gm. Against Wolves

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/6/2013  9:46 PM
OGkush121 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:Wow, interesting points by Johnson. Melo or Durant for MvP

Magic is the one who suggested we hire Isiah Thomas

He never saw Isiah in that role before, he saw Melo more than enough to make a call.

So both guys get it ahead of Lebron?

no, just edited my post to try to say that. I wouldn't forget about LBJ in the MVP discussion.
But it says something when a guy like Magic Johnson tells us Melo's one of his MVP favorites.
Like it or not, he's there for a reason.

Barkley and stephen a. say it too. Doesn't mean jack

So let me get this straight. An NBA legend (and he's not the only one who said it) and NBA analysts all said Melo's rightfuly in the MVP discussion, but since you don't agree with it it doesn't mean anything?

You honestly think there is any chance Magic isn't going to say Melo isn't a candidate on a MSG broadcast to fans in New York?

He wasn't forced to say anything. Are you seriously trying to find any excuse in order to try to deny the fact that Melo is a legitimate NBA candidate?
For christ sake Knicks fans should be happy about things like these, instead it seems like negativity is the way to go here, and if one doesn't agree he's delusional.

NYKMentality might try "too hard" sometimes to prove a point, but it's only because he's "driven" to do it because of so many negative comments. I don't agree on everything with him, but atleast he knows what it means to be a fan.

I mean c'mon, you got a guy that's playing amazing basketball and is leading this team to their best season in a looooooooong while, and instead of enjoying it and be happy about it people insist on focusing on the negatives like that's "reality".

Just so we're clear, I'm not "attacking" you or anything, I mean you're not the happiest camper on here but you're not as negative as some, I think I can reason with you without "going at it" and that's why I'm saying this. I don't know, I guess I'm just tired of all of this negativity.

Your opinion. Just don't go the way of NYKMental and risk getting banned by getting personal

I just don't see why some people just refuse to acknowledge Melo playing at an MVP-level (forggeting about LeBron for a second).

Not looking for excuses or anything, but LeBron is a once in a life time player, comparing anyone to him is simply redundant at this point.

Don't feel like wasting anymore time on something Magic said in a game the Knicks lost to the underdog. Maybe when Melo passes Miami and OKC in the standings and puts up better ststs than Lebron and Durant. Then I will start thinking about the mvp. 35 games left to play

PresIke
Member: #33
USA
2/6/2013  9:47 PM
Andrew wrote:What exactly were the wiz doing defensively that killed the ball movement, or was it lack of energy. What is woodson doing playing melo so many minutes? 41 per in january. Typically playing the entire second half

team was on vacation...

not an excuse, just why we are still a work in progress...a dangerous one at that in the playoffs i think, where i fully expect motivation to be at a very high level...

good question about melo's minutes...

Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
OGkush121
Member: #4392

2/6/2013  9:48 PM
I didn't want a loss in any way shape or form, but hopefully losing will make Woodson think twice about trying to get an additional player in the team or something.
One thing I definitely wouldn't want is Woodson thinking this team doesn't need any help because of going through a winning streak at the moment and regreting it come playoff time
TeamBall
Member: #4386

2/6/2013  9:49 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
Don't feel like wasting anymore time on something Magic said in a game the Knicks lost to the underdog. Maybe when Melo passes Miami and OKC in the standings and puts up better ststs than Lebron and Durant. Then I will start thinking about the mvp. 35 games left to play

They're called the New York Knicks not the New York Melos
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

2/6/2013  9:50 PM
The knicks have to practice and not take too many days off because it shows;

Pat Riley understood that Woody.

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
3G4G
Member: #4333

2/6/2013  9:50 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

He never saw Isiah in that role before, he saw Melo more than enough to make a call.

no, just edited my post to try to say that. I wouldn't forget about LBJ in the MVP discussion.
But it says something when a guy like Magic Johnson tells us Melo's one of his MVP favorites.

So let me get this straight. An NBA legend (and he's not the only one who said it) and NBA analysts all said Melo's rightfuly in the MVP discussion, but since you don't agree with it it doesn't mean anything?

You honestly think there is any chance Magic isn't going to say Melo isn't a candidate on a MSG broadcast to fans in New York?

He wasn't forced to say anything. Are you seriously trying to find any excuse in order to try to deny the fact that Melo is a legitimate NBA candidate?
For christ sake Knicks fans should be happy about things like these, instead it seems like negativity is the way to go here, and if one doesn't agree he's delusional.

NYKMentality might try "too hard" sometimes to prove a point, but it's only because he's "driven" to do it because of so many negative comments. I don't agree on everything with him, but atleast he knows what it means to be a fan.

I mean c'mon, you got a guy that's playing amazing basketball and is leading this team to their best season in a looooooooong while, and instead of enjoying it and be happy about it people insist on focusing on the negatives like that's "reality".

Just so we're clear, I'm not "attacking" you or anything, I mean you're not the happiest camper on here but you're not as negative as some, I think I can reason with you without "going at it" and that's why I'm saying this. I don't know, I guess I'm just tired of all of this negativity.

Your opinion. Just don't go the way of NYKMental and risk getting banned by getting personal

I just don't see why some people just refuse to acknowledge Melo playing at an MVP-level (forggeting about LeBron for a second).

Not looking for excuses or anything, but LeBron is a once in a life time player, comparing anyone to him is simply redundant at this point.

For the record....

Tonight

Lebron 31pts 11-18fg, 3-6fg(3pt), 6-8fta, 5ast, 6reb, 2blks

Durant 25pts 10-18fg, 2-3fg(3pt), 3-4fta, 7reb, 4ast, 2stls, 2blks

They aren't done and both of their teams are leading.

PresIke
USA
2/6/2013  9:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/6/2013  10:04 PM
Andrew wrote:
NYDiva wrote:Worst game of the season. Absolutely no excuse losing to the Wiz, don't care who they have beaten. They had TWELVE WINS coming into tonight's game. They are horrible. There is no excuse losing to this crap team, none.

Dig a little deeper. With wall back this is a different team and over their last 15 games they have been decent.

thank you for providing some reasoned analysis. again, not excusing the loss. a telling, and disappointing loss. but horrific or the "worst?" tough to see that.

OGkush121
Member: #4392

2/6/2013  9:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/6/2013  9:51 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

you know you can play at an MVP-level without actualy being the MVP right? That's all I'm saying.
I didn't say he's #1 and ahead of LeBron and Durant.
PresIke
USA
2/6/2013  9:52 PM
Papabear wrote:Papabear Says

Well on to the next game. Woodson better wake up and if Sheed and Camby can't play because of injuries we better start looking real fast.

problem is as woody said in the post-game...

it was on the guards mostly...

too many open looks...

again, i think this is one of those losses that can help us grow and learn as a team.

this season ain't about one game.

gunsnewing
USA
2/6/2013  9:54 PM
TeamBall wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

exactly

PresIke
USA
2/6/2013  9:58 PM
i should also say this game could be an example of why we aren't quite good enough either. difficult to say if it is one way or the other.
gunsnewing
USA
2/6/2013  9:59 PM
OGkush121 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

you know you can play at an MVP-level without actualy being the MVP right? That's all I'm saying.
I didn't say he's #1 and ahead of LeBron and Durant.

This started because Magic said Melo and Durant are the MVP candidates without mentioning Lebron. I agree Melo is in the scussion but I'm not exactly thinking about MVP when down to the 12win Wizards.

Once Magic said what he said some were quick to point it out to provoke those who feel Melo is having a great year and is in the scussion but not the MVP over Lebron and Durant

sidsanders
Member: #2426

2/6/2013  9:59 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

exactly

while its possible for anthony to win the mvp chase and still have decent post season success. does it matter without the post season success?

GO TEAM VENTURE!!!!!
gunsnewing
USA
2/6/2013  10:02 PM
sidsanders wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

exactly

while its possible for anthony to win the mvp chase and still have decent post season success. does it matter without the post season success?

Exactly. Who cares about the mvp chase with 35 games left to play. No sense in arguing MVP during a game where you are losing to the 12win Wizards

NYDiva
Member: #4387

2/6/2013  10:03 PM
Andrew wrote:
NYDiva wrote:Worst game of the season. Absolutely no excuse losing to the Wiz, don't care who they have beaten. They had TWELVE WINS coming into tonight's game. They are horrible. There is no excuse losing to this crap team, none.

Dig a little deeper. With wall back this is a different team and over their last 15 games they have been decent.

Okay. They were 7-7 with Wall coming into this game. And I'm glad we didn't lose to them w/o Wall, unlike the Heat. But even if we're going to reset the Wiz to a .500 team, this is a squad we should still be beating! .500 is still not good! We gave a half-ass, lethargic effort on defense tonight. Wiz shot jumpers in an easy rhythm & cruised to basket pretty much all night. It's frustrating to see them give this kind of effort after the last 5 games of relatively good play.

PresIke
USA
2/6/2013  10:06 PM
NYDiva wrote:
Andrew wrote:

Okay. They were 7-7 with Wall coming into this game. And I'm glad we didn't lose to them w/o Wall, unlike the Heat. But even if we're going to reset the Wiz to a .500 team, this is a squad we should still be beating! .500 is still not good! We gave a half-ass, lethargic effort on defense tonight. Wiz shot jumpers in an easy rhythm & cruised to basket pretty much all night. It's frustrating to see them give this kind of effort after the last 5 games of relatively good play.

i believe it was 8-7, and the effort was poor, yes. but digging deeper also involves looking at why the team perhaps performed this way.

this is one of 'those losses' that a lot of good teams have during the year.

not excusing it, we need to respond and learn, but getting carried away isn't useful.

Game Thread: Knicks @Wizards Wed 7:00..5-0 gunsanity!!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy