[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Knicks @Wizards Wed 7:00..5-0 gunsanity!!!!
Author Thread
PresIke
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #33
USA
2/6/2013  9:25 PM
3G4G wrote:
PresIke wrote:win of the year for the wiz...tough (probable) loss for an overly complacent team on a streak...

NO!

when i wrote 'probable' i didn't mean i expected us to lose this game, but that we looked like we would lose the game as the 4th quarter transpired.

team was not a team...and wiz were playing their azzes off...especially wall, ariza and nene

Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
AUTOADVERT
OGkush121
Member: #4392

gunsnewing wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:Wow, interesting points by Johnson. Melo or Durant for MvP

Magic is the one who suggested we hire Isiah Thomas

He never saw Isiah in that role before, he saw Melo more than enough to make a call.

So both guys get it ahead of Lebron?

no, just edited my post to try to say that. I wouldn't forget about LBJ in the MVP discussion.
But it says something when a guy like Magic Johnson tells us Melo's one of his MVP favorites.
Like it or not, he's there for a reason.

Barkley and stephen a. say it too. Doesn't mean jack

So let me get this straight. An NBA legend (and he's not the only one who said it) and NBA analysts all said Melo's rightfuly in the MVP discussion, but since you don't agree with it it doesn't mean anything?

You honestly think there is any chance Magic isn't going to say Melo isn't a candidate on a MSG broadcast to fans in New York?

He wasn't forced to say anything. Are you seriously trying to find any excuse in order to try to deny the fact that Melo is a legitimate NBA candidate?
For christ sake Knicks fans should be happy about things like these, instead it seems like negativity is the way to go here, and if one doesn't agree he's delusional.

NYKMentality might try "too hard" sometimes to prove a point, but it's only because he's "driven" to do it because of so many negative comments. I don't agree on everything with him, but atleast he knows what it means to be a fan.

I mean c'mon, you got a guy that's playing amazing basketball and is leading this team to their best season in a looooooooong while, and instead of enjoying it and be happy about it people insist on focusing on the negatives like that's "reality".

Just so we're clear, I'm not "attacking" you or anything, I mean you're not the happiest camper on here but you're not as negative as some, I think I can reason with you without "going at it" and that's why I'm saying this. I don't know, I guess I'm just tired of all of this negativity.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

this is unnaceptable but the W:L is still 2:1... I'm disappointed but I'm not mad
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
NYDiva
Member: #4387

2/6/2013  9:26 PM
Worst game of the season. Absolutely no excuse losing to the Wiz, don't care who they have beaten. They had TWELVE WINS coming into tonight's game. They are horrible. There is no excuse losing to this crap team, none.
PresIke
Member: #33
USA
2/6/2013  9:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/6/2013  9:28 PM
p.s. on one putback by nene in the 4th off a missed shot, tyson was completely asleep under the boards...he completely failed to block out nene...if he had...our ball...

tyson, for all of his greatness on the boards, and on d, has shown lapses...

i think this was an issue of motivation...

team is overconfident again...

i'm not freaked out about it because we won't do this same crap against good teams, but we also need to find a way to maintain focus...

i fully expect woody to bring this up with the team in the locker room...

this loss might actually be good for us down the road...

Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
OGkush121

2/6/2013  9:28 PM
NYDiva wrote:Worst game of the season. Absolutely no excuse losing to the Wiz, don't care who they have beaten. They had TWELVE WINS coming into tonight's game. They are horrible. There is no excuse losing to this crap team, none.

Bulls, Clippers, Heat and Thunder are all thinking the same.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/6/2013  9:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/6/2013  9:29 PM
Andrew wrote:Started watching in the second half. Not one stas post up. Were there any in the first?

Plenty in the 1st. 2nd half was a mix of Terrible D by stat, tyson and melo. Melo bringing the ball up with Felton on the floor. Melo taking over while everyone stands around. Not posting Amare enough. Not interior D. No transition D and too many open 3's

SupremeCommander

2/6/2013  9:28 PM
OGkush121 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

He never saw Isiah in that role before, he saw Melo more than enough to make a call.

no, just edited my post to try to say that. I wouldn't forget about LBJ in the MVP discussion.
But it says something when a guy like Magic Johnson tells us Melo's one of his MVP favorites.

So let me get this straight. An NBA legend (and he's not the only one who said it) and NBA analysts all said Melo's rightfuly in the MVP discussion, but since you don't agree with it it doesn't mean anything?

You honestly think there is any chance Magic isn't going to say Melo isn't a candidate on a MSG broadcast to fans in New York?

He wasn't forced to say anything. Are you seriously trying to find any excuse in order to try to deny the fact that Melo is a legitimate NBA candidate?
For christ sake Knicks fans should be happy about things like these, instead it seems like negativity is the way to go here, and if one doesn't agree he's delusional.

NYKMentality might try "too hard" sometimes to prove a point, but it's only because he's "driven" to do it because of so many negative comments. I don't agree on everything with him, but atleast he knows what it means to be a fan.

I mean c'mon, you got a guy that's playing amazing basketball and is leading this team to their best season in a looooooooong while, and instead of enjoying it and be happy about it people insist on focusing on the negatives like that's "reality".

Just so we're clear, I'm not "attacking" you or anything, I mean you're not the happiest camper on here but you're not as negative as some, I think I can reason with you without "going at it" and that's why I'm saying this. I don't know, I guess I'm just tired of all of this negativity.

I'd agree with that... I don't see eye-to-eye with guns on key issues here but you certainly can reason with him... I think he's a quality poster (even though he took some Lin-related pot shots at me when I took my Christmas break from this board when it started to get really, really bad)

ScoreBot
2/6/2013  9:30 PM
Final  
WAS 106 NYK 96
ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Lebron should win it every year except for when voters get bored.

To be exact, Johnson said its whoever leads their team to a better finish of the season, between Melo and Durant.

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
What Magic said about MVP--on any level Lebron is the best player and MVP and it really is not close. If anyone thinks so check the PER the guy is a one man wrecking crew and hes shooting in the mid 50= 8 reb 7 as and 27 pts with good D unmatched in todays game.
RIP Crushalot😞
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
What exactly were the wiz doing defensively that killed the ball movement, or was it lack of energy. What is woodson doing playing melo so many minutes? 41 per in january. Typically playing the entire second half
PURE KNICKS LOVE
SupremeCommander

2/6/2013  9:33 PM
BRIGGS wrote:What Magic said about MVP--on any level Lebron is the best player and MVP and it really is not close. If anyone thinks so check the PER the guy is a one man wrecking crew and hes shooting in the mid 50= 8 reb 7 as and 27 pts with good D unmatched in todays game.

he's the best player in the game - no doubt - but I'd give it to Durant. But Melo absolutely deserves to be in the discussion and will probably get more third place votes than any other player, now that Pual has been out with injury

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/6/2013  9:33 PM
OGkush121 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

You're opinion. Just don't go the way of NYKMental and risk getting banned by getting personal

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

2/6/2013  9:34 PM
Andrew wrote:What exactly were the wiz doing defensively that killed the ball movement, or was it lack of energy. What is woodson doing playing melo so many minutes? 41 per in january. Typically playing the entire second half

Needed a better game from Kidd and Shump. When they put Nene on your 3 guard something is wrong. An MVp should be able to take advantage.

Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
2/6/2013  9:34 PM
NYDiva wrote:Worst game of the season. Absolutely no excuse losing to the Wiz, don't care who they have beaten. They had TWELVE WINS coming into tonight's game. They are horrible. There is no excuse losing to this crap team, none.

Dig a little deeper. With wall back this is a different team and over their last 15 games they have been decent.

PURE KNICKS LOVE
OGkush121

2/6/2013  9:35 PM
BRIGGS wrote:What Magic said about MVP--on any level Lebron is the best player and MVP and it really is not close. If anyone thinks so check the PER the guy is a one man wrecking crew and hes shooting in the mid 50= 8 reb 7 as and 27 pts with good D unmatched in todays game.

LeBron being the best player on the planet is pretty much a foregone conclusion in everybody's mind.
MVP doesn't always reward the best player though, if it did Kobe would've had more than one MVP award.

Me personaly though, I'm tired of LeBron's domination, and although I agree that he's the best, I don't want him to win MVP again, anybody else is a breath of fresh air.

It's become a bit dull in that regard, much like it is with Messi and football. He's clearly the best player and is simply amazing, however I'm also sick of him getting awards every year.

I miss the days when there were several players people could genuinely call "the best" without being laughed at as they'd have something to argue with. At this point LeBron is just unstoppable.
If LeBron had Melo's or Kobe's jumpshot Jordan could just as well hand the title of greatest player ever to him as well.

OGkush121

2/6/2013  9:38 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Your opinion. Just don't go the way of NYKMental and risk getting banned by getting personal

I just don't see why some people just refuse to acknowledge Melo playing at an MVP-level (forggeting about LeBron for a second).

Not looking for excuses or anything, but LeBron is a once in a life time player, comparing anyone to him is simply redundant at this point.

GodSaveTheKnicks
Alba Posts: 21
Member: #1207
USA
2/6/2013  9:39 PM
THis just sums up the night: http://www.ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=43862&page=#1046668

BTW Melo is playing at an MVP level but the race is clearly Lebron 1 and Durant 2

Let's try to elevate the level of discourse in this byeetch. Please
ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
2/6/2013  9:40 PM
Knicksfan wrote:You can read it like it is: this teams' overconfidence and lack of respect for opponents is a serious fault that could come back to haunt them.

We have been actually good at beating bad teams and not playing down to the competition. That and the fact that fast PG's are hard to stop AND that Was shot 11 for 20 from 3 land.

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
Game Thread: Knicks @Wizards Wed 7:00..5-0 gunsanity!!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy