[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

CWEBB to NY?
Author Thread
TheSage
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #386
4/1/2004  8:42 AM
Saw this on another board-Houston's compensation matches Webber's. We would have to sweeten the deal but it does pose some interesting possibilities. They aren't overjoyed with Webber's constant injuries and might consider. Comments?
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/1/2004  8:54 AM
I think the fans suck in sacramento. Granted, C-Webbs past casts a bad aura around him, but they showered him with praise to stay and now they bite him back. Thats what happens when you get paid the big bucks, fans resent it if your not at superstar levels at the moment, and that gets projected that it will never return.

At the same time, C-Webb is acting like a child getting offended. Lets see, he lied to a grand jury, hurt Michigan, and has yet to contribute to his team. He must understand time will pass and his play is what the fans love, not him. That is true with most players, they get paid a ton of cash and get the love, but its their performance they love, not C-webb.

Allan has had a bad year and it must seem that he will never gain form. I don't know alot about knee injury, but a full off season to rest could help. I don't know C-webbs status either long term.

But how ironic if he landed here, with no SPREE!
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/1/2004  9:15 AM
I like CWebb, but what's Sac taking for him? I dont want to give up any more picks or young guys, which leaves us with very little to offer. Kurt and Nazr? Nazr and Shandon? What combo that doesnt include Sweetney, TT, Marbury or picks is desirable to Sac?

He's also always hurt... hey if we could get him for our cap fodder great, the guy is a stud.. but if we have to give up a ton I'll pass.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
4/1/2004  9:31 AM
#1 CWebb has had almost an entire season of and still isnt healthy.
#2 CWebb is injury prone...similar to Camby.
#3 Sac can get so much more for him then a declining H20.

He may be injury prone, he may not have won a championship yet, and he might never be the same after the surgery's he had this off season. However, he has only been back for a couple weeks - he could start to become the old CWebb again and then all the doubters will have to shut up. His trade value would skyrocket and the Knicks would have no chance. To get CWebb would take a package similar to the one that brought in Marbury - the Knicks already used that one up.

Watch the playoffs, watch Webber get more healthy and the Kings get back to the level they are capable of. Then there will be no more trade rumors - unless the Lakers/Spurs beat the Kings or Webber doesnt return to form. There is a chance he could be traded but I wouldnt list it as being highly probable.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/1/2004  10:20 AM
#3 Sac can get so much more for him then a declining H20.

Thats the one part I disagree with. Webber is owed $77 mill over the next 4 years. Thats insane... what team besides the Knicks, Dal (dont need him) and Part (dont need him) can even think about adding that kind of salary?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TheSage
Member: #386
4/1/2004  10:46 AM
H2O until this year has been pretty much an iron man so there is less risk from a health standpoint than CWebb. From an all around talent standpoint there is no contest. There are question marks on both sides but I do believe that CWebb's value has dropped as Fish notes and that a deal is possible without giving up youth. A deal for CWebb, as I said works even up with the knx taking on an extra year but to make up for the talent we may have to add a KT and take back a Christie or some other combination where we're giving up a little more talent on the second player.
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
4/1/2004  11:21 AM
Sacramento has been playing very poorly since Webber's return.
I'm not insinuating he's the reason .. but it's unfortunate timing.
with that said... we all know how deeep the west is.
Sacramento will most certainly get out of the first round but then will have to face Minnesota, SA, or LA.
If the Kings get knocked out in the second round and don't make the Western Conference finals.. they might be willing to look to ship out Webber.
Fishmike was on point when he asked what other team that needs a PF can afford to pick up that salary besides the Knicks.
We throw in Frank some expiring contracts.. and pick up somone they want to unload (no idea who that might be).. We might be able to swing this.
I won't hold my breathe.. but I would not be surprised if IT pulled it off.
DaMano718
Member: #342
4/1/2004  11:32 AM
We have like 7 power forwards already,,,, we need to be able to ship like vin baker, OH , and KT.... have webber, and sweetney to keep....
bernard
Member: #475
4/1/2004  11:50 AM
I'm a CWebb fan, but this doesn't sound like a good idea to me. It's too typical NY team ... acquire the superstar whose talent is on the wane and whose salary is still at superstar level. This is a NY Mets move.

And CWebb's always hurt. Agree w/ Sage's point. H2O has been incredibly durable. Too many folks are assuming he's done because of current injury. I think he's got a much better chance of being productive than CWebb over the next several years. Plus, we need a 2 who can shoot. Don't want Doug Christie. And Sacramento needs a big who can defend and rebound. They've already got shooters up the wazoo.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/1/2004  12:24 PM
C Webb already proved to me he isn't worth it when he choked against the Lakers a few years back. Bibby carried that team and Webber didn't want the ball.

Remember when Seattle played the Bulls in the finals? What Kemp did to Chicago is what Webber neglected to do when it was crunch time. Seattle lost but Kemp played his best ball.

We already have guys inside that lack confidence to take it inside consistantly. Sure Webber get the numbers but in the playoffs you want him inside not free throw line extended, looking for Marbury (or whoever we have left from that trade)to bail him out.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
jazz74
Member: #371
4/1/2004  3:11 PM
i don't understand what the problem is. if we had a chance to get webber without giving up marbury, tt and muhammed, do it. he is still one of the best big forwards in the league. maybe at this stage of his career he needs to go to the east. then he will not have to deal with the constant pounding of big men in the west. remember, webber is only 30 years old and he had injuries but not like a dice injury. he is only 60% now and he is averaging 18ppg and 8 rpg. those numbers are'nt impressive? i always thought that webber was a great player. matter of fact, the balance of power shifting towards the west is not because of just shaq going to the lakers but the panic trade from the wizards to trade sheed and webber to the west.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/1/2004  4:45 PM
Posted by jazz74:

i don't understand what the problem is. if we had a chance to get webber without giving up marbury, tt and muhammed, do it.

Duh....
To me Kurt Thomas and Houston for Webber talent for talent sounds good to me from a Sacramento standpoint because Houston gives them another scorer. Besides Houston would fit well because he would rather pass the ball anyway. KT would fit because he's a spot p shooter.

But the media would kill sactown for doing such a trade.
They really don't need Webber. They proved that.

How could you not want Webber,TT ,Nazr ,Marbury ,and a mid-level throw in?

Webber still is a choker until proven elsewise.
Still Webber has not been that guy that you give it to in the post when you need a tough basket.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
ARES
Member: #406
4/2/2004  1:59 PM
c-webb is a has been, allan his a bible toting well dressed punk
NEW YORK, NEW YORK BIG CITY OF DREAMS, BUT EVERYTHING IN NEW YORK AINT ALWAYS WHAT IT SEEMS
DaMano718
Member: #342
4/2/2004  2:21 PM
Why you gotta bust on Allan.. Just cuz he's not a pot smokin crackhead thug, you gotta hate... IMO I wish their were more classy poeple like Allan... He has been solid for 8 years now, and the one season where he is hurtin from injuries, everyone is mockin him.... He is a great player, maybe is not worth his contract, but thats not his fault.... everyone forgets all he has done for the knicks, all cuz of one bad year... its bound to happen.... Dont mock him because he is a good person, and a good religious figure in the NBA.. You dont have to be thugged out to be good.....
NYK8
Member: #320
USA
4/2/2004  2:27 PM
C-Webb the sell out here,nahhh.He had his chance.I prefer Wallace.
!!!Knicks!!!
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
4/2/2004  3:26 PM
Allan is a solid player and just like CWebb is being knocked when he is down. both are injured - watch if Cwebb returns to form and the Kings start winning you wont be hearing any trade rumors.

H20 has a bum knee, let him get better then give us 100% again, I bet he will be just as good as he was before. The man is hurt - and his specialty is the jumpshot and not much else, so if the knee doesn't work the shot is off.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/2/2004  3:59 PM
Posted by OasisBU:

Allan is a solid player and just like CWebb is being knocked when he is down. both are injured - watch if Cwebb returns to form and the Kings start winning you wont be hearing any trade rumors.

H20 has a bum knee, let him get better then give us 100% again, I bet he will be just as good as he was before. The man is hurt - and his specialty is the jumpshot and not much else, so if the knee doesn't work the shot is off.

true, both teams need each player respectively in the playoffs but unlike cwebb, h20 never got hurt in the playoffs. in fact, he's done very well in the playoffs while cwebb seems to come up short everytime.
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

4/3/2004  12:59 AM
i would take the risk i like Cwebb and wat do we have to loose i wont cry if we loose any of our players besides Marbs, sweetney, F.Williams... i also like d. Johnson.. but everyone else.. do wat u gotta do in order to make us better!!!
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
4/3/2004  9:00 AM
Posted by DaMano718:

Why you gotta bust on Allan.. Just cuz he's not a pot smokin crackhead thug, you gotta hate... IMO I wish their were more classy poeple like Allan... He has been solid for 8 years now, and the one season where he is hurtin from injuries, everyone is mockin him.... He is a great player, maybe is not worth his contract, but thats not his fault.... everyone forgets all he has done for the knicks, all cuz of one bad year... its bound to happen.... Dont mock him because he is a good person, and a good religious figure in the NBA.. You dont have to be thugged out to be good.....
What the hell are you talking about? You completely missed what ARES is saying!! Houston and C-Webb are both not franchise NBA players. You think ARES is upset and not fond of Houston because he isn't "thugged out"?

Oh, and as far as it not being Houston's fault that he is getting paid that much money:
He is not being paid to just jump shoot all night is he? Why does he refuse to grab more rebounds? He is tall and pretty strong but he just refuses to try and grab rebounds or also try and create some assists for other players.

Bottom Line: The only thing H2O is good for is to "be classy" and "be religious" which is not the same as being good enough for carrying a franchise. SAME WITH C-WEBB. HE IS GOOD BUT OBVIOUSLY NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO CARRY A FRANCHISE!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
CWEBB to NY?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy