[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Knicks vs Bucks @MSG 7:30.. Knicks 2-0 In My Game Threads
Author Thread
DJMUSIC
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1283

2/1/2013  10:02 PM
CrushAlot wrote:The Knicks are 29-15. It's been a long time since ny has had a team this good.

yep agreed hope they keep going.

Since I don't like Brock Lesnar in fairness to the masses
if any NBA foe messes with NY Knicks Let them be dropped aka Goldberg style:

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
AUTOADVERT
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

2/1/2013  10:04 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Breen was absolutely right when he talked about amare embracing the bench role and thriving versus gasol's reaction to being benched.

I will say it's a little different when you don't have time to prepare yourself mentally and when your team is losing. STAT saw his team win while he was injured so what else can he say. Plus he is on a minutes restriction. Stat has done a great job though and should get credit but pointing to Gasol is not exactly apples to apples in my opinion.

I agree about gasol. I actually think he should be starting. But you have to give a lot of credit to amare. He was the man for a long time and still has that mentality.

Amar'e deserves it and he'll be in the starting lineup so enough. Hopefully Sheed is watching. We do not need his spacing we need his low post presence and occasional 3. I realize Sheed is Sheed but this team is a post and spread/penetration and dish team.

NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

2/1/2013  10:05 PM
Gotta give it up to Tyson Chandler. Our Knicks won the battle of the boards (50-40) while Tyson himself put up 20 strong boards off the glass. 20! 8 offensive boards! Also went 4/6 from the field along with 9 points and 2 blocks!

Playing like a Defensive Player of the Year. Playing like an American Gold Medalist Olympian. Playing like a Championship Winning starting Center. Playing like an All-Star!

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/1/2013  10:07 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Breen was absolutely right when he talked about amare embracing the bench role and thriving versus gasol's reaction to being benched.

I will say it's a little different when you don't have time to prepare yourself mentally and when your team is losing. STAT saw his team win while he was injured so what else can he say. Plus he is on a minutes restriction. Stat has done a great job though and should get credit but pointing to Gasol is not exactly apples to apples in my opinion.

I agree about gasol. I actually think he should be starting. But you have to give a lot of credit to amare. He was the man for a long time and still has that mentality.

Amar'e deserves it and he'll be in the starting lineup so enough. Hopefully Sheed is watching. We do not need his spacing we need his low post presence and occasional 3. I realize Sheed is Sheed but this team is a post and spread/penetration and dish team.

Sheed can stay outside when on the floor with either Amare or Tyson doing work inside

gunsnewing
USA
2/1/2013  10:08 PM
Amare is not even attempting jumpers anymore. Good to see. Hopefully he can still knock em down when needed or when defensives adjust to his inside presence
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/1/2013  10:10 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Amare is not even attempting jumpers anymore. Good to see. Hopefully he can still knock em down when needed or when defensives adjust to his inside presence

Yeah I hope Tyson works out with Hakeem this offseason.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
yellowboy90

2/1/2013  10:15 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Amare is not even attempting jumpers anymore. Good to see. Hopefully he can still knock em down when needed or when defensives adjust to his inside presence

Yeah Mirage is just balling off the ball and in the post. It's almost approaching assist time for him if he keeps it up because teams will start doubling. Since the 1st game he has been getting deep post position.

Sidenote: I am hard on Tyson but as I see AMar'e post I get mad at Chandler for not camping with Hakeem. I know he got some training camp work but that 1 on 1 would have been nice. Next year the entire front line should go on the Hakeem camp sabbatical.

NYKMentality
Member: #4385

2/1/2013  10:16 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Felton on Jennings
Kidd on Ellis

Shold be a joy to watch.

I feel for Tyson

Why feel bad for Tyson Chandler? The man just put up 9 points off 4/6 shooting, 2 blocks along with 20 strong boards off the glass (8 offensive boards).

Jennings and Ellis only combined for 12/38 shooting from the field, 30 points, 9 assists, 6 boards, 2 steals and 5 turnovers.

You can't completely shut those two guards down, but our Knick guards did an amazing job of competing with these guys.

Like I stated heading into this game (in earlier response/reply to your post above), our guards in Felton, Kidd, J.R, Shumpert and Pablo will not back down from anyone. Our New York Knick guards are tough as nails. Will compete against any set of guards out there. Felton, Kidd, J.R, Shumpert and Pablo combined for 42 points (15/34), 15 boards, 11 assists, 2 steals, 1 block and only 3 turnovers. Not the greatest off guard production, but these guys came to fight. Came to compete. And will continue to compete against any set of guards thrown our way.

yellowboy90

2/1/2013  10:16 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Yeah I hope Tyson works out with Hakeem this offseason.

How did you read my post while I was typing it?

AnubisADL
Alba Posts: 13
Member: #2771
USA
2/1/2013  10:20 PM
Knicks didn't lay an egg. Today is a good day. Woohoo.
NY Knicks - Retirement home for players and GMs
yellowboy90

2/1/2013  10:22 PM
Who ever told STAT to work on his post game deserves some credit. Thanks for the great advise.
gunsnewing
USA
2/1/2013  10:23 PM
Woodson did after Miami eliminated the Knicks last year. He changed Melo, Amare and Chandler to work on post game and Melo to lose weight
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

2/1/2013  10:23 PM
My only complaint is that we still have yet to play solid defense for 4 quarters. Im glad the defense stepped up in the second half because the bucks are dangerous. Not trying to be negative i just wnat the defense to be like it was in the second half all game from now on
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
2/1/2013  10:24 PM
Wrong

yellowboy90 wrote:Who ever told STAT to work on his post game deserves some credit. Thanks for the great advise.

Thank Mike Woodson for making the phone call to Hakeem.

once a knick always a knick
yellowboy90

2/1/2013  10:29 PM
misterearl wrote:Wrong

yellowboy90 wrote:Who ever told STAT to work on his post game deserves some credit. Thanks for the great advise.

Wrong. Sarcasm

TeamBall
Member: #4386

2/1/2013  10:38 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
TeamBall wrote:

I have to admit that Ive had little to know expectations for Amare's return (dont think ive voiced that opinion on this forum though). I'll gladly admit I was wrong though and that I love what hes brought to this team. Plus, seeing how he has embraced coming off the bench makes it that much more enjoyable to root for someone who will do anything for the team.

I felt the same way you did after he injured his knee. It has never been about amare's work ethic. If he could correct thru work and rehab I knew he would. I just didn't think his knee would allow him to play at a high level again.

As you mentioned before Crush, its how long he can keep it up. I agree that Stat looks like he's happy where he is. Bringing him off the bench gives Stat a better chance of being able to do it again next season.

Whether he becomes a starter or not (im sure he will), Woody still needs to keep the minutes restriction on him
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
gunsnewing
USA
2/1/2013  10:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/1/2013  10:51 PM
Seth Rosenthal ‏@seth_rosenthal
Phew RT @NYPost_Berman: Felton had X-Rays after game and said it was clear. Still sore but will play tomorrow.

Seth Rosenthal ‏@seth_rosenthal
Raymond Felton's hand X-rays were negative.

Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
2/1/2013  10:41 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
misterearl wrote:Wrong

Wrong. Sarcasm

Geez who do they think you are, Nix???
"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
holfresh
Member: #1081

2/1/2013  10:51 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Seth Rosenthal ‏@seth_rosenthal
Phew RT @NYPost_Berman: Felton had X-Rays after game and said it was clear. Still sore but will play tomorrow.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Amen!!!

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
2/1/2013  11:16 PM
Good second half. Amare looking great. Thank god on Felton's finger. That would have had me going nuts. I liked how Melo made plays on a poor shooting night and helped out in other areas.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Game Thread: Knicks vs Bucks @MSG 7:30.. Knicks 2-0 In My Game Threads

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy