GAME DREAD: KNICKS vs HAWKS @MSG(6:30pm) START AMARE, BENCH MELO
Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/28/2013  12:15 PM
dk7th wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:I do not mind the Melo critique but what I do mind is that no one else beside Jr and Felton get critiqued by the same posters. They do not feel the same need to critique Kidd or Tyson and just give Amar'e a pass on D cause he is what he is. Sad when they do not critique the so called leaders of the team.

let's be clear: these 3 players take the lion's share of the shots so they should get the lion's share of the critique if the offense does not look like a ECF-worthy offense.

felton can't stay in front of the more than half the point guards of this league and you want to get on kidd's case are you kidd-ing me? the man is 40 years old and playing with a bad lower back. he should not be playing more than 18 minutes a game but he is playing 28 by necessity. have you any idea how hard it is to play basketball that way? it looks to me that he has not been healthy in weeks and weeks. translation: he gets a pass.

jr is a knucklehead pure and simple. 15.3 fga and 3.5 fta is a terrible ratio. has anyone committed more fouls on a 3-point shooter? also 2.9 ast and 1.6 TO the guy overdribbles every night and no amount of bad shot-making nullifies what i see and i assure you come playoff time his type of game will hurt the team.

ty chandler came straight out of high school and he is an old 30. the back tap rebounds are an adaptation for old legs with not much spring in them. he needs a running start to get elevation. and this season he is has been wearing down by playing too many minutes because sheed and camby have sandcastles for feet. dallas recognized that he should not be playing more than 28 minutes a game but the knicks are forced to play him 33 minutes a game because the bench is ancient. translation: he gets a pass.

Exactly. If Tyson or Kidd starts putting up a ton of 6 for 26 performances, I'll criticize them too.
AUTOADVERT
3G4G
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4333

1/28/2013  12:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/28/2013  1:40 PM
NUPE wrote:
tkf wrote:
NUPE wrote:It's so comical to me that several posters are literally incensed in regards to the Knicks thriving with Melo. LMAO!

thriving? ok... surviving.... I think several are upset that they see another first round exit.. with MELOOOOOOOO........

I'd call first in division and second overall in the East with a real possibility of winning the East thriving. The Knicks have an outside chance of getting the best record in the league - OUTSIDE CHANCE- I'd call that thriving.

As for the playoffs and how the team performs, there are way too many factors to be considered and a lot can happen to improve or hurt the team during the next 40 games. I suggest you put the crystal ball away and take things as they come. Right now the Knicks are winning. That is the cold hard truth which we all know frustrates you.

I wouldn't call it thriving being 3gms away from a 6th seed and 9-10 after our last 19gms. I'd say we're maintaining while remaining one of the better Eastern Conference teams.

tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
1/28/2013  12:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/28/2013  12:59 PM
NUPE wrote:
tkf wrote:
NUPE wrote:It's so comical to me that several posters are literally incensed in regards to the Knicks thriving with Melo. LMAO!

thriving? ok... surviving.... I think several are upset that they see another first round exit.. with MELOOOOOOOO........

I'd call first in division and second overall in the East with a real possibility of winning the East thriving. The Knicks have an outside chance of getting the best record in the league - OUTSIDE CHANCE- I'd call that thriving.

As for the playoffs and how the team performs, there are way too many factors to be considered and a lot can happen to improve or hurt the team during the next 40 games. I suggest you put the crystal ball away and take things as they come. Right now the Knicks are winning. That is the cold hard truth which we all know frustrates you.

I like how you seem to know what frustrates me.. yet you and others run after my post, threat to thread, posting the same thing.. " this is what frustrates you".. take a look in the mirror.. I think you are the one that is frustrated...

According to your definition of "thriving" We have a lot of teams "thriving" and a lot of teams with an "outside chance" of having the best record in the league... I guess that is kind of like, being in the "discussion"..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
mrKnickShot
Alba Posts: 16
Member: #3553

1/28/2013  12:59 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Uptown wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Uptown wrote:
NUPE wrote:
dk7th wrote:Still doesn't look like a ECF team to me. This just in: Hawks shoot 60% from the field.

But yeah sure a win is a win.

Yuck

You sound salty. You can't whine about Melo's fg% today so you opted for this. Pathetic.

Reading his posts reminds me of the argument I had in the babershop yesterday with a Bulls fan. Seriously, some of the stuff he posts were near identical to what the Bulls fan was saying...very hard to believe this dude is a Knick fan...

yeah me and your bulls fan buddy share a lot of perceptions in common except one thing: i want the knicks to win and he doesn't.

you shouldn't be afraid of making honest critiques of your team.

besides, if the measure of a fan is the expectations he has for his team then i am more of a fan than most.

my expectations are high so my critiques are going to be stringent. all i can say is too bad if you can't handle it.

but maybe you just have lower standards. maybe that makes you less of a knick fan.

Before making honest critiques of the Knicks, how about you make an honest assessment of yourself first. I dont know you personally, so I can only judge you by your post. In the middle of Melo tying a Knick record, and breaking another, all the while leading us to an exciting victory, you are tearing him down post after post in a game thread. Can you not see how someone on the other side of the computer screen would not take that as someone who has an agenda or is completely biased towards Melo? Its okay to critique, but thats all you do...There doesn't seem to be any balance to your posts. Its all negative all the time....

you're right you have no idea who i am or what is in my heart. nor do you actually read all of my posts so you don't know when i have given praise-- but of course i have given praise. in tonight's game thread i gave praise.

just admit it: you love melo's game just as i am not a fan of melo's game. so everything that doesn't dovetail with your belief is blasphemy and invalid.

i don't care about some stupid personal knick scoring record i care HOW the team wins!

Dk, if the knicks win it all going ISO Melo 70 pct of the time, will you be happy?

Are you talking about winning a championship or just one regular season game?

"win it all"

what does that mean???

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

1/28/2013  1:12 PM
tkf wrote:
NUPE wrote:
tkf wrote:

I like how you seem to know what frustrates me.. yet you and others run after my post, threat to thread, posting the same thing.. " this is what frustrates you".. take a look in the mirror.. I think you are the one that is frustrated...

According to your definition of "thriving" We have a lot of teams "thriving" and a lot of teams with an "outside chance" of having the best record in the league... I guess that is kind of like, being in the "discussion"..

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
1/28/2013  1:16 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Uptown wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Uptown wrote:
NUPE wrote:
dk7th wrote:Still doesn't look like a ECF team to me. This just in: Hawks shoot 60% from the field.

Yuck

You sound salty. You can't whine about Melo's fg% today so you opted for this. Pathetic.

Reading his posts reminds me of the argument I had in the babershop yesterday with a Bulls fan. Seriously, some of the stuff he posts were near identical to what the Bulls fan was saying...very hard to believe this dude is a Knick fan...

yeah me and your bulls fan buddy share a lot of perceptions in common except one thing: i want the knicks to win and he doesn't.

besides, if the measure of a fan is the expectations he has for his team then i am more of a fan than most.

my expectations are high so my critiques are going to be stringent. all i can say is too bad if you can't handle it.

but maybe you just have lower standards. maybe that makes you less of a knick fan.

Before making honest critiques of the Knicks, how about you make an honest assessment of yourself first. I dont know you personally, so I can only judge you by your post. In the middle of Melo tying a Knick record, and breaking another, all the while leading us to an exciting victory, you are tearing him down post after post in a game thread. Can you not see how someone on the other side of the computer screen would not take that as someone who has an agenda or is completely biased towards Melo? Its okay to critique, but thats all you do...There doesn't seem to be any balance to your posts. Its all negative all the time....

you're right you have no idea who i am or what is in my heart. nor do you actually read all of my posts so you don't know when i have given praise-- but of course i have given praise. in tonight's game thread i gave praise.

just admit it: you love melo's game just as i am not a fan of melo's game. so everything that doesn't dovetail with your belief is blasphemy and invalid.

i don't care about some stupid personal knick scoring record i care HOW the team wins!

Dk, if the knicks win it all going ISO Melo 70 pct of the time, will you be happy?

"win it all"

what does that mean???

instead of asking that question which has an obvious answer, i will tell you what my expectations are for this team and that should tell you why i am critical of the team:

my expectations for this team is not to win a title it is to make a strong showing in the playoffs and play a competitive eastern conference finals series.

now that i have said what my expectations are for this team, tell me what yours are.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
mrKnickShot
Alba Posts: 16
Member: #3553

1/28/2013  2:35 PM
dk7th wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Uptown wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Uptown wrote:
NUPE wrote:

Yuck

"win it all"

what does that mean???

instead of asking that question which has an obvious answer, i will tell you what my expectations are for this team and that should tell you why i am critical of the team:

my expectations for this team is not to win a title it is to make a strong showing in the playoffs and play a competitive eastern conference finals series.

now that i have said what my expectations are for this team, tell me what yours are.

First, please answer my question which your answer is not that obvious (to me)

dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
1/28/2013  2:37 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Uptown wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Uptown wrote:
NUPE wrote:

Yuck

"win it all"

what does that mean???

First, please answer my question which your answer is not that obvious (to me)

win it all = championship

am i missing something here?

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
NUPE
Member: #4205

1/28/2013  3:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/28/2013  3:13 PM
tkf wrote:
NUPE wrote:
tkf wrote:

I don't run after your post. In fact, I've barely posted here in the last few weeks. Get real.

It's odd to me. You seemed to think the Knicks were thriving a mere 2 games over .500 with Gallo. However, 12 games over .500 and leading our division is not thriving. You have zero credibility in regards to evaluating this team as it's known you want to see them fail, hate Melo and stated on Realgm that you had no ability to discuss this team rationally. These are facts.

Welcome to my ignore list.

3G4G
Member: #4333

1/28/2013  5:00 PM
When all else fails mention Gallo....
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

1/28/2013  5:05 PM
AnubisADL wrote:
playa2 wrote:Still surprised why no reporter asked Woodson , when Teague was penetrating like a porn star, he didn't put Shumpert on him to stop the bleeding.

Woodson is not trying to destroy Shumpert when he has only been back like 3-4 games.

Are You telling me Iman Shumpert defending Jeff Teague would have broken down for the 20 minutes or so that he actually played ?

My question was why didn't any reporter ask Woodson the question.

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
NUPE
Member: #4205

1/28/2013  5:30 PM
playa2 wrote:
AnubisADL wrote:
playa2 wrote:Still surprised why no reporter asked Woodson , when Teague was penetrating like a porn star, he didn't put Shumpert on him to stop the bleeding.

Woodson is not trying to destroy Shumpert when he has only been back like 3-4 games.

Are You telling me Iman Shumpert defending Jeff Teague would have broken down for the 20 minutes or so that he actually played ?

Iman is coming off a ACL tear and this was the second game of a back to back. I think Woodson did the right thing and Kidd's minutes need to be reduced as well.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

1/28/2013  5:58 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:I do not mind the Melo critique but what I do mind is that no one else beside Jr and Felton get critiqued by the same posters. They do not feel the same need to critique Kidd or Tyson and just give Amar'e a pass on D cause he is what he is. Sad when they do not critique the so called leaders of the team.

let's be clear: these 3 players take the lion's share of the shots so they should get the lion's share of the critique if the offense does not look like a ECF-worthy offense.

felton can't stay in front of the more than half the point guards of this league and you want to get on kidd's case are you kidd-ing me? the man is 40 years old and playing with a bad lower back. he should not be playing more than 18 minutes a game but he is playing 28 by necessity. have you any idea how hard it is to play basketball that way? it looks to me that he has not been healthy in weeks and weeks. translation: he gets a pass.

jr is a knucklehead pure and simple. 15.3 fga and 3.5 fta is a terrible ratio. has anyone committed more fouls on a 3-point shooter? also 2.9 ast and 1.6 TO the guy overdribbles every night and no amount of bad shot-making nullifies what i see and i assure you come playoff time his type of game will hurt the team.

ty chandler came straight out of high school and he is an old 30. the back tap rebounds are an adaptation for old legs with not much spring in them. he needs a running start to get elevation. and this season he is has been wearing down by playing too many minutes because sheed and camby have sandcastles for feet. dallas recognized that he should not be playing more than 28 minutes a game but the knicks are forced to play him 33 minutes a game because the bench is ancient. translation: he gets a pass.

Exactly. If Tyson or Kidd starts putting up a ton of 6 for 26 performances, I'll criticize them too.

Aww you made built in excuses for your precious few that was so sweet. Now Tyson is an old 30 because he came out of H.S. that gives him a pass on D. Give Kidd a pass to for his dumb turnovers when he took over the job like some wanted because he was the best Pg the Knicks had.

Papabear
Member: #1414

1/28/2013  6:11 PM
Papabear Says

There is only one way to get rid of the TKF twins and that is we set a date when all of the sinceable people just ignore them and don't answer their posts. Thats how you get rid of trolls. We all need to set a date and then do it. They are never satisfied so they need to root for another team.

Papabear
Papabear

1/28/2013  6:30 PM
RonRon wrote:Papabear, do you consider me one of these "Trolls"?

To be fair, I think there are 2 types of trolls in here,

1- Anti - Melo
2- Pro - Melo *some of which I find much more annoying*

You have been here since 2007 on UK board, many here have been here even before me
I was the 246 member to be exact and this I have been a Knick fan way before that with all the Isiah/Layden years as well

You shouldn't be telling others here to go to Nyets or Houston board, it isn't even your site.

Papabear Says

Ron Ron no it's not my site but I think that I've been a Knicks fan much longer than you have and maybe I will start looking around at other sites that might make me feel good about my Knicks. When they suck I always shout out about that and sometimes when I am complaining my wife things I'm going over board. The difference is I can right a positive post about the Knicks and Melo and I can write a negitive post about Melo and the Knicks. But here is my explination about a hater. You take TKF and his twin. They hate Melo. They would rather have a loosing season than to have Melo out there. Something else about TKF and his twin they hate finess players like Melo. They can't get themselves to say something positive without shooting the man down and it's getting worse. So what I am saying is this. Maybe I need to look at other sites because the TKF twins have almost taken over this forum and you see complalining taken to another level. I don't like it and I don't have to put up with it.

Papabear
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/28/2013  6:35 PM
NUPE wrote:
playa2 wrote:
AnubisADL wrote:

Iman is coming off a ACL tear and this was the second game of a back to back. I think Woodson did the right thing and Kidd's minutes need to be reduced as well.

Exactly. My understanding initially was that they were starting Iman in the first and third quarter because they didn't want him to tighten up. And he is on a minutes restriction.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/28/2013  6:39 PM
Papabear wrote:
RonRon wrote:Papabear, do you consider me one of these "Trolls"?

To be fair, I think there are 2 types of trolls in here,

1- Anti - Melo
2- Pro - Melo *some of which I find much more annoying*

You have been here since 2007 on UK board, many here have been here even before me
I was the 246 member to be exact and this I have been a Knick fan way before that with all the Isiah/Layden years as well

You shouldn't be telling others here to go to Nyets or Houston board, it isn't even your site.

Papabear Says

Ron Ron no it's not my site but I think that I've been a Knicks fan much longer than you have and maybe I will start looking around at other sites that might make me feel good about my Knicks. When they suck I always shout out about that and sometimes when I am complaining my wife things I'm going over board. The difference is I can right a positive post about the Knicks and Melo and I can write a negitive post about Melo and the Knicks. But here is my explination about a hater. You take TKF and his twin. They hate Melo. They would rather have a loosing season than to have Melo out there. Something else about TKF and his twin they hate finess players like Melo. They can't get themselves to say something positive without shooting the man down and it's getting worse. So what I am saying is this. Maybe I need to look at other sites because the TKF twins have almost taken over this forum and you see complalining taken to another level. I don't like it and I don't have to put up with it.

I agree. I always enjoy the game thread especially during a close game. I had to close it up last night because things were getting so negative in a game that was never out of hand and that the Knicks won. The negativity is hard to take. I have no problem with being critical and I have been very critical of the Knicks at times. However, when they are winning and Melo has a monster game reading all the complaints and criticisms on a 'knick' site gets to be too much. It seems some prolific negative realgm guys got run off the Knick site over there or something and have landed here and are making things bad.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Papabear

1/28/2013  6:44 PM
NUPE wrote:
Nalod wrote:Nalod don't do too many game threads as I usually DVR the games.

I see why I get lumped in with the anti Melo crowd sometimes as there is a lot of it on this thread.

My thoughts on the game, Most of the posts (there are exceptions) don't give the other team enough credit. ATL played tough the whole game. Larry Drew to me is in the COY conversation as he is doing real well with a a low star like team. Nothing fancy but they are playing tough and we were on the back end of a back to back.

I did not see the philly game so I don't know how Shump played but I'd say we spared him last nite to no stress his leg. Injury occurs from fatigue. given we were short without Kidd we stilled won. Priggy played well.

ITs also why JR is getting more minutes as well. Woody has to also protect Felton.

This is why Melo was bringing up the ball a lot.

I think these threads assume these are our games to lose. Its the NBA. Thunder lost to the Lakers. Miami to Boston. Even bad teams win on the road!

ATL is not a bad team. That was a great game. crowd was not into it both teams played hard.

We got some injuries was have to deal with.

This is pretty accurate. My only gripe is that there was a bit too much iso for my liking. It may have been a case of just going with the hot hand last night. Time will tell.

Papabear Says

We have a bunch of guys who just can't shoot the rock. Shump I love him but he is not a pure shooter. As a matter of fact besides Melo we don't have a pure shooter like an Alan Houston. The only sniper we have is Novak and he can't get open. So in order for us to win Melo has to put up 30 points a night with the poor defense lately. Our pick and roll ain't even working.This is the coaches and the whole teams fault.

Papabear
Papabear

1/28/2013  7:01 PM
dk7th wrote:

Papabear Says

Thats it!!!dk7th have the answer this team is doomed. Marked for failure !! So whats the use?? dk7th and his twin brother mapped it out. We are done!! So why complain? Melo is a looser and Kidd is a boozer, JR is a Looser, Felton stink,Sheed Wallace needs to go back into retirement. We are done for the season No hope for us and if we make the playoffs ??? (do we make it almighty twins) we won't make it to the second round. Doom and gloom for the Knick's. Hey let's chase Melo out of town to make the TKF and dk7th twins feel better. Maybe even give them a belt so they can spank Melo that will really make the twins feel real goooood.

Papabear
JamesKPolk
Member: #4093

1/28/2013  7:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/28/2013  7:54 PM
smackeddog wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:
smackeddog wrote:It was a fun game and we played well for the most part- hawks are 25-19, they're a good team. It was great seeing Amar'e getting some timely points and rebounds, Melo shutting his critics up AND that Amar'e, Tyson and Melo can play together. Good to see Amar'e and Melo passing to each other a lot more. It was an enjoyable game.

Before the season, I'd never of thought we'd be 27-15 at this point especially if you'd told me Amar'e would be out for 6 weeks, followed by Felton for a month.

No we didn't.

Yes we did.

Haha.

Explain to me what you're seeing that's so good. I'm really interested in finding out how you think resembles the team that started the season.

"Peace, plenty, and contentment reign throughout our borders, and our beloved country presents a sublime moral spectacle to the world." - James K Polk
GAME DREAD: KNICKS vs HAWKS @MSG(6:30pm) START AMARE, BENCH MELO

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy