ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
1/27/2013  10:30 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/28/2013  1:40 AM
dk7th wrote:
Uptown wrote:
NUPE wrote:
dk7th wrote:Still doesn't look like a ECF team to me. This just in: Hawks shoot 60% from the field.

But yeah sure a win is a win.

Yuck

You sound salty. You can't whine about Melo's fg% today so you opted for this. Pathetic.

Reading his posts reminds me of the argument I had in the babershop yesterday with a Bulls fan. Seriously, some of the stuff he posts were near identical to what the Bulls fan was saying...very hard to believe this dude is a Knick fan...

yeah me and your bulls fan buddy share a lot of perceptions in common except one thing: i want the knicks to win and he doesn't.

you shouldn't be afraid of making honest critiques of your team.

besides, if the measure of a fan is the expectations he has for his team then i am more of a fan than most.

my expectations are high so my critiques are going to be stringent. all i can say is too bad if you can't handle it.

but maybe you just have lower standards. maybe that makes you less of a knick fan.

No matter how ridiculous or inappropriate those critiques might be. True fanhood right there

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
AUTOADVERT
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
1/27/2013  10:31 PM
Uptown wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Uptown wrote:
NUPE wrote:
dk7th wrote:Still doesn't look like a ECF team to me. This just in: Hawks shoot 60% from the field.

Yuck

You sound salty. You can't whine about Melo's fg% today so you opted for this. Pathetic.

Reading his posts reminds me of the argument I had in the babershop yesterday with a Bulls fan. Seriously, some of the stuff he posts were near identical to what the Bulls fan was saying...very hard to believe this dude is a Knick fan...

yeah me and your bulls fan buddy share a lot of perceptions in common except one thing: i want the knicks to win and he doesn't.

besides, if the measure of a fan is the expectations he has for his team then i am more of a fan than most.

my expectations are high so my critiques are going to be stringent. all i can say is too bad if you can't handle it.

but maybe you just have lower standards. maybe that makes you less of a knick fan.

Before making honest critiques of the Knicks, how about you make an honest assessment of yourself first. I dont know you personally, so I can only judge you by your post. In the middle of Melo tying a Knick record, and breaking another, all the while leading us to an exciting victory, you are tearing him down post after post in a game thread. Can you not see how someone on the other side of the computer screen would not take that as someone who has an agenda or is completely biased towards Melo? Its okay to critique, but thats all you do...There doesn't seem to be any balance to your posts. Its all negative all the time....

you're right you have no idea who i am or what is in my heart. nor do you actually read all of my posts so you don't know when i have given praise-- but of course i have given praise. in tonight's game thread i gave praise.

just admit it: you love melo's game just as i am not a fan of melo's game. so everything that doesn't dovetail with your belief is blasphemy and invalid.

i don't care about some stupid personal knick scoring record i care HOW the team wins!

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
1/27/2013  10:35 PM
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Uptown wrote:
NUPE wrote:

Yuck

Never been around a knick fan that seemed so passionate about finding negatives. Also, I have never heard someone so negative attempt to claim they are more a fan then someone else.

i am constantly being accused of not being a fan. what's your point here? do you get to define who a fan is? what a hoot. maybe you and others should expand your definition a bit of what a fan is and be a bit more inclusive.

you needn't bother looking back in the game thread but take my word for it-- i give praise when something is praiseworthy.

I guess I am just going on my experiences where fans root for their teams and the guys that play on them. I am not ready to expand my definition to include 'fans' that tear guys a part and appear to enjoy personal failure more than team success. Not sure how that is being a fan and that is how I see you based on what you post.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/27/2013  10:38 PM
cooch2584 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
NYDiva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
NYDiva wrote:
sealy wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:Tyson is worring me the most. No defense, no rebounds, asleep out there again.

Yeah it's been the last 4/5 games. Very worrisome

Glad they got the W

Yeah, we're ripping into Melo and Tyson had 3 rebounds. He's got a big contract, too. GO GET HIM, UK!

i still dont see people ripping melo so i dont know where that accusation is coming from. The only thing some are being critical of him is for his defense and that tech he got thats it

Zero-sum player is not ripping him? Ok.

they won by 2 points in the last 13 seconds, at home, when he scores 42 points, has 3FTA, makes 1 assist, and commits 4 turnovers, and plays weak-sauce defense all game long.

by my math that is closer to a zero-sum player.

lots of sizzle but we need more steak if the knicks are to make the ECF.

Your a POS and NO team plays a perfect game. GTFO AND STFU ALL YOU EVER DO IS COMPLAIN and want this team to play the perfect game. No team does that so crawl back into your hole and take your buddy/alter ego tkf with you. You and him are the joke of the board,dont you see that?

guys, lets stop this type of posting. I can't believe how much complaining about complaints there are.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
dk7th
USA
1/27/2013  10:40 PM
NUPE wrote:Can one of the several stat obsessed guys - you know who you are - tell me what Melo's TS% was tonight?

it was 71.6% tonight and it is going to be around 57% for the season after tonight, stopping-- for one game-- the gradual reversion back to his career average of around 54-55%.

55% is average and anything above 58% is elite.

what's your point?

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
dk7th
USA
1/27/2013  10:55 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Uptown wrote:
NUPE wrote:

Yuck

Never been around a knick fan that seemed so passionate about finding negatives. Also, I have never heard someone so negative attempt to claim they are more a fan then someone else.

i am constantly being accused of not being a fan. what's your point here? do you get to define who a fan is? what a hoot. maybe you and others should expand your definition a bit of what a fan is and be a bit more inclusive.

you needn't bother looking back in the game thread but take my word for it-- i give praise when something is praiseworthy.

I guess I am just going on my experiences where fans root for their teams and the guys that play on them. I am not ready to expand my definition to include 'fans' that tear guys a part and appear to enjoy personal failure more than team success. Not sure how that is being a fan and that is how I see you based on what you post.

here's what i am saying: when bill bradley had his jersey retired he gave a speech to the garden crowd. since he was a key member of the last knick team to win a championship i paid very close attention to what he had to say:

"it's not THAT you win it's HOW you win."

this is mr. frazier's philosophy in a nutshell:

"defense and teamwork are the hallmark of champions."

these values or tenets are what inform my experience of the knicks. if they fall short of these values then two things are going to happen:

they will not win a title and i will be critical as to why they won't win a title.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/27/2013  10:58 PM
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Uptown wrote:
NUPE wrote:

Yuck

here's what i am saying: when bill bradley had his jersey retired he gave a speech to the garden crowd. since he was a key member of the last knick team to win a championship i paid very close attention to what he had to say:

"it's not THAT you win it's HOW you win."

this is mr. frazier's philosophy in a nutshell:

"defense and teamwork are the hallmark of champions."

these values or tenets are what inform my experience of the knicks. if they fall short of these values then two things are going to happen:

they will not win a title and i will be critical as to why they won't win a title.

I am going to respect Martin and not discuss the topic anymore.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
NYDiva
Member: #4387

1/27/2013  11:06 PM
dk7th wrote:
NUPE wrote:Can one of the several stat obsessed guys - you know who you are - tell me what Melo's TS% was tonight?

it was 71.6% tonight and it is going to be around 57% for the season after tonight, stopping-- for one game-- the gradual reversion back to his career average of around 54-55%.

55% is average and anything above 58% is elite.

what's your point?

I think the point is that when a guy has a 72% TS on his way to scoring 42 points in a win, including the clutch go ahead 'and one', maybe his detractors could lay off of him for 5 minutes. Maybe.

But, Martin has spoken so I shall respect the mods position on this. No more on this subject for moi.

mrKnickShot
Alba Posts: 16
Member: #3553

1/27/2013  11:25 PM
Uptown wrote:
NYDiva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
NYDiva wrote:Shump locking down Korver on that last possession won't be anywhere in the box score, but that was key. Can't understand why Woody wouldn't play him down the stretch til then.
I love shump. I still dont understand why our best defender was on the bench most of the 4th quarter until the last 30 seconds

I think shump is still on a minutes restriction. Also they said when he first came back they wanted him to start the first and third quarters because they didn't want him to tighten up.

You might be right. Still, it was tough to watch Teague eat Felton alive while Shump was on the bench.

Chandler and Stat didn't help much on their poorest PNR D. Not sure why we dont trap the PNR similar to the Heat which would have forced the ball out of Teagues hands. Instead Felton fight over and nobody shows to force Teague to hesitate while Felt recovers.

bang! Right on the head Uptown.

mrKnickShot
Alba Posts: 16
Member: #3553

1/27/2013  11:30 PM
dk7th wrote:
Uptown wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Uptown wrote:
NUPE wrote:

Yuck

Before making honest critiques of the Knicks, how about you make an honest assessment of yourself first. I dont know you personally, so I can only judge you by your post. In the middle of Melo tying a Knick record, and breaking another, all the while leading us to an exciting victory, you are tearing him down post after post in a game thread. Can you not see how someone on the other side of the computer screen would not take that as someone who has an agenda or is completely biased towards Melo? Its okay to critique, but thats all you do...There doesn't seem to be any balance to your posts. Its all negative all the time....

you're right you have no idea who i am or what is in my heart. nor do you actually read all of my posts so you don't know when i have given praise-- but of course i have given praise. in tonight's game thread i gave praise.

just admit it: you love melo's game just as i am not a fan of melo's game. so everything that doesn't dovetail with your belief is blasphemy and invalid.

i don't care about some stupid personal knick scoring record i care HOW the team wins!

Dk, if the knicks win it all going ISO Melo 70 pct of the time, will you be happy?

Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

1/28/2013  12:28 AM
Caseloads wrote:terrible body language by melo on the bench. when is he going to realize he must play defense?

Papabear Says

Even when he wins you guys are unhappy with Melo. Trolls have taken over Trolls lhav taken over. Damn it is what it is and you guys complaining ain't gonna make it better. Melo came out of his slump. Something you trolls must understand Melo does not have great shooters around him. Just enjoy the game and stop complaining. Go watch Houston or the Nets or something. Freakin trolls have taken over.

Papabear
Papabear

1/28/2013  12:31 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:we got lucky that wasnt a foul to be honest

Papabear Says

How many time did Melo get whaked tonight and he got no calls. Whos side are you on?

Papabear
Papabear

1/28/2013  12:33 AM
dk7th wrote:Huge shot by melo! Listen to the knuckleheads shout MVP. Embarrassing.

Papabear Says

I know that you were wishing for us to loose but guess what?? WE WIN!!! Ha Ha Ha

Papabear
Papabear

1/28/2013  12:46 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:I registered on this thread to discuss the game and talk about "our team" "our players", not to see 10 people b1tch about Melo.
I can understand bad games and/or losses, even though things tend to go overboard (you know who you are), but why can't people enjoy a game like this and still have to whine?
nobody is whining relax. Yes it was a good win but there are still concerns that need to be fixed. I admire fans who have guts to be critical even if they are diehard fans

Papabear Says

No you are wrong! I've been on this site long enough to know when someone is hoping for us to loose instead of win. They would rather trade Melo for nothing so we can be the good old bad Knicks. They are trolls and they will be hating Melo no matter what he does.

Papabear
Papabear

1/28/2013  12:57 AM
DJMUSIC wrote:To answer Al Hahn ques. is can 1 time a Knick can put J.Teague on his butt while driving the hoop, same thing
mentioned for Dru Holiday last night.

The guards (point) are a problem on NY not quick enough nor smart enough to give hard foul to a PG on a roll from opposition team

Nothing dirty but if this was Derrick Harper or J.Starks they'd put Teague OR Holiday on their as_s once a hard legal foul to make
these guards think going to hoop isn't going to be easy

Knick guards don't play that way & will get killed

Both D.Wade or R.Westbrook, Rondo, Heinrich all those leading guards will foul hard once to get a hot player
off their rhythm somewhat.

This isn't a Mike Woodson philosophy where rest of league does that.

Papabear Says

They say Mike Woodson is a defensive coach but sometimes I don't see it. Maybe they are afraid of retribution against our point guards.Remember the game has become very political. Woodson won't play Coopland because he didn't try hard at practis. Well what was the rest of the guys doing??
But I enjoyed the game even though things must be corrected. I think that because guys are playing but still injured they are very worried about getting physical and getting hurt again out there.

Papabear
Papabear

1/28/2013  1:03 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:I registered on this thread to discuss the game and talk about "our team" "our players", not to see 10 people b1tch about Melo.
I can understand bad games and/or losses, even though things tend to go overboard (you know who you are), but why can't people enjoy a game like this and still have to whine?

+1. Close games are always tough to watch. Reading the ish some 'fans' are posting during the game was ridiculous. I closed the game thread because it was too over the top. This is a winning team not last years team or the past five years teams. I come here because fans post here. Not seeming like that anymore.

Papabear Says

You are correct. Where is the ignore button?? so I can put DKF7th and TKF or what ever the twins names are. I just don't want to see thier postings anymore.

Papabear
Papabear

1/28/2013  1:16 AM
Uptown wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Uptown wrote:
NUPE wrote:

Yuck

Papabear Says

Amen!!

Papabear
Papabear

1/28/2013  1:26 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/28/2013  1:28 AM
Papabear Says

Sorry Martin. I just read your post at 1:20 AM.
I will now sign out.

Papabear
JamesKPolk
Member: #4093

1/28/2013  1:39 AM
People writing "awesome win"...there was nothing awesome about this win. It was just a win. We played poorly throughout the game, especially on defense. If not for Josh Smith being a low IQ player who got a back court violation and a moving screen at the end of the game then we'd be talking about yet another loss. This team looks absolutely nothing like the one that started the season. Isolation basketball, poor defense, poor effort, bad rotation. I don't like anything I've seen the past 20 games.
"Peace, plenty, and contentment reign throughout our borders, and our beloved country presents a sublime moral spectacle to the world." - James K Polk
RonRon
Member: #246
1/28/2013  2:03 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/28/2013  2:07 AM
Papabear, do you consider me one of these "Trolls"?

To be fair, I think there are 2 types of trolls in here,

1- Anti - Melo
2- Pro - Melo *some of which I find much more annoying*

You have been here since 2007 on UK board, many here have been here even before me
I was the 246 member to be exact and this I have been a Knick fan way before that with all the Isiah/Layden years as well

You shouldn't be telling others here to go to Nyets or Houston board, it isn't even your site.

GAME DREAD: KNICKS vs HAWKS @MSG(6:30pm) START AMARE, BENCH MELO

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy