GAME DREAD: KNICKS vs HAWKS @MSG(6:30pm) START AMARE, BENCH MELO
Author Thread
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

1/27/2013  9:50 PM
NYDiva wrote:
sealy wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:Tyson is worring me the most. No defense, no rebounds, asleep out there again.

Yeah it's been the last 4/5 games. Very worrisome

Glad they got the W

Yeah, we're ripping into Melo and Tyson had 3 rebounds. He's got a big contract, too. GO GET HIM, UK!

i still dont see people ripping melo so i dont know where that accusation is coming from. The only thing some are being critical of him is for his defense and that tech he got thats it
AUTOADVERT
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

1/27/2013  9:51 PM
Tyson D goes the way his offense goes. Big man need touches on the O to motivate his defensive effort.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
1/27/2013  9:51 PM
Great win.

Melo was terrific tonight, exactly what we wanted to see following yesterday's nightmare. After Melo drained his 9th 3 in the 3rd, I wanted to see him break the record in the 4th. He was on fire! (I'll happily take the win instead).

STAT is putting together a very nice stretch. 2012 is officially in the past. If we get a healthy STAT, with a stronger focus on D and a few new post moves, how is this going to compare to 2010 Amar'e? I'm excited to find out.

Welcome back Ray! Started off the game reminding the Garden crowd why we missed him. Definitely need that extra scoring punch in the starting lineup. Teague looked terrific tonight as well, but I'm not going to blame that all on Felton's D.

Held my breath on that final play, ready to curse that ref for the BS tech on Melo. Solid bounce back win.

NYDiva
Member: #4387

1/27/2013  9:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/27/2013  9:53 PM
Uptown wrote:
NYDiva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
NYDiva wrote:Shump locking down Korver on that last possession won't be anywhere in the box score, but that was key. Can't understand why Woody wouldn't play him down the stretch til then.
I love shump. I still dont understand why our best defender was on the bench most of the 4th quarter until the last 30 seconds

I think shump is still on a minutes restriction. Also they said when he first came back they wanted him to start the first and third quarters because they didn't want him to tighten up.

You might be right. Still, it was tough to watch Teague eat Felton alive while Shump was on the bench.

Chandler and Stat didn't help much on their poorest PNR D. Not sure why we dont trap the PNR similar to the Heat which would have forced the ball out of Teagues hands. Instead Felton fight over and nobody shows to force Teague to hesitate while Felt recovers.

Yeah, it was insane how many screens Felton had to fight through tonight, yet no adjustments were made.

NYDiva

1/27/2013  9:54 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
NYDiva wrote:
sealy wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:Tyson is worring me the most. No defense, no rebounds, asleep out there again.

Glad they got the W

Yeah, we're ripping into Melo and Tyson had 3 rebounds. He's got a big contract, too. GO GET HIM, UK!

i still dont see people ripping melo so i dont know where that accusation is coming from. The only thing some are being critical of him is for his defense and that tech he got thats it

Zero-sum player is not ripping him? Ok.

cooch2584
Member: #1187

1/27/2013  9:55 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:Great win.

Melo was terrific tonight, exactly what we wanted to see following yesterday's nightmare. After Melo drained his 9th 3 in the 3rd, I wanted to see him break the record in the 4th. He was on fire! (I'll happily take the win instead).

STAT is putting together a very nice stretch. 2012 is officially in the past. If we get a healthy STAT, with a stronger focus on D and a few new post moves, how is this going to compare to 2010 Amar'e? I'm excited to find out.

Welcome back Ray! Started off the game reminding the Garden crowd why we missed him. Definitely need that extra scoring punch in the starting lineup. Teague looked terrific tonight as well, but I'm not going to blame that all on Felton's D.

Held my breath on that final play, ready to curse that ref for the BS tech on Melo. Solid bounce back win.

AGREED

NYDiva

1/27/2013  9:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/28/2013  3:41 AM
Nice post, Matt, ICAM. RE: Felton, he tried his best; he was fighting through screens all game to get to Teague. Honestly, Shump should have been on him for a least part of the game. But, we defended him well during the last possession, so I'll definitely take it.
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
1/27/2013  9:58 PM
Uptown wrote:
NUPE wrote:
dk7th wrote:Still doesn't look like a ECF team to me. This just in: Hawks shoot 60% from the field.

But yeah sure a win is a win.

Yuck

You sound salty. You can't whine about Melo's fg% today so you opted for this. Pathetic.

Reading his posts reminds me of the argument I had in the babershop yesterday with a Bulls fan. Seriously, some of the stuff he posts were near identical to what the Bulls fan was saying...very hard to believe this dude is a Knick fan...

yeah me and your bulls fan buddy share a lot of perceptions in common except one thing: i want the knicks to win and he doesn't.

you shouldn't be afraid of making honest critiques of your team.

besides, if the measure of a fan is the expectations he has for his team then i am more of a fan than most.

my expectations are high so my critiques are going to be stringent. all i can say is too bad if you can't handle it.

but maybe you just have lower standards. maybe that makes you less of a knick fan.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

1/27/2013  10:00 PM
NYDiva wrote:Shump locking down Korver on that last possession won't be anywhere in the box score, but that was key. Can't understand why Woody wouldn't play him down the stretch til then.

Cause Woodson again for some reason wants to be outcoached
fact

Last nite vs 76ers no Knick had Knack except Amare STout
however the time 76ers build back biggest lead Woody had Stout riding the bench

Figures

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/27/2013  10:08 PM
dk7th wrote:
Uptown wrote:
NUPE wrote:
dk7th wrote:Still doesn't look like a ECF team to me. This just in: Hawks shoot 60% from the field.

Yuck

You sound salty. You can't whine about Melo's fg% today so you opted for this. Pathetic.

Reading his posts reminds me of the argument I had in the babershop yesterday with a Bulls fan. Seriously, some of the stuff he posts were near identical to what the Bulls fan was saying...very hard to believe this dude is a Knick fan...

yeah me and your bulls fan buddy share a lot of perceptions in common except one thing: i want the knicks to win and he doesn't.

besides, if the measure of a fan is the expectations he has for his team then i am more of a fan than most.

my expectations are high so my critiques are going to be stringent. all i can say is too bad if you can't handle it.

but maybe you just have lower standards. maybe that makes you less of a knick fan.

Never been around a knick fan that seemed so passionate about finding negatives. Also, I have never heard someone so negative attempt to claim they are more a fan then someone else.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

1/27/2013  10:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/27/2013  10:15 PM
dk7th wrote:
Uptown wrote:
NUPE wrote:

Yuck

Before making honest critiques of the Knicks, how about you make an honest assessment of yourself first. I dont know you personally, so I can only judge you by your post. In the middle of Melo tying a Knick record, and breaking another, all the while leading us to an exciting victory, you are tearing him down post after post in a game thread. Can you not see how someone on the other side of the computer screen would not take that as someone who has an agenda or is completely biased towards Melo? Its okay to critique, but thats all you do...There doesn't seem to be any balance to your posts. Its all negative all the time....

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

1/27/2013  10:14 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Uptown wrote:
NUPE wrote:

Yuck

Never been around a knick fan that seemed so passionate about finding negatives. Also, I have never heard someone so negative attempt to claim they are more a fan then someone else.

+1

ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
ScoreBot wrote:
Final  
NYK 106 ATL 104

High five !

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
dk7th
USA
NYDiva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
NYDiva wrote:
sealy wrote:

Glad they got the W

they won by 2 points in the last 13 seconds, at home, when he scores 42 points, has 3FTA, makes 1 assist, and commits 4 turnovers, and plays weak-sauce defense all game long.

by my math that is closer to a zero-sum player.

lots of sizzle but we need more steak if the knicks are to make the ECF.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/27/2013  10:19 PM
dk7th wrote:
NYDiva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
NYDiva wrote:
sealy wrote:

Glad they got the W

they won by 2 points in the last 13 seconds, at home, when he scores 42 points, has 3FTA, makes 1 assist, and commits 4 turnovers, and plays weak-sauce defense all game long.

The time has come. The time is now. DK Mooney will you please go now?

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
NUPE
Member: #4205

1/27/2013  10:21 PM
Can one of the several stat obsessed guys - you know who you are - tell me what Melo's TS% was tonight?
dk7th
USA
1/27/2013  10:23 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Uptown wrote:
NUPE wrote:

Yuck

i am constantly being accused of not being a fan. what's your point here? do you get to define who a fan is? what a hoot. maybe you and others should expand your definition a bit of what a fan is and be a bit more inclusive.

you needn't bother looking back in the game thread but take my word for it-- i give praise when something is praiseworthy.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/27/2013  10:25 PM
NUPE wrote:Can one of the several stat obsessed guys - you know who you are - tell me what Melo's TS% was tonight?

Here you go: http://www.sactownroyalty.com/pages/advanced-statistics-calculator
He had an awesome shooting performance.
cooch2584
Member: #1187

1/27/2013  10:26 PM
dk7th wrote:
NYDiva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
NYDiva wrote:
sealy wrote:

Glad they got the W

Your a POS and NO team plays a perfect game. GTFO AND STFU ALL YOU EVER DO IS COMPLAIN and want this team to play the perfect game. No team does that so crawl back into your hole and take your buddy/alter ego tkf with you. You and him are the joke of the board,dont you see that?

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/27/2013  10:28 PM
You guys realize that the more you criticize dk7 and tell him to leave, the more you'll end up hearing him complain, right?
GAME DREAD: KNICKS vs HAWKS @MSG(6:30pm) START AMARE, BENCH MELO

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy