[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GAME DREAD: KNICKS vs HAWKS @MSG(6:30pm) START AMARE, BENCH MELO
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
1/27/2013  12:04 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Something that bugs me but may not have any basis. It appears that some wont post on game threads for big wins like the celtics game but post prolifically on threads where the Knicks have a bad loss. Some of the pro dantoni/anti Woodson crowd seems to be a bit empowered with woodson's team having a dantoni type run of late.

It's been said a few times, but it's true- a lot of posters seem to hope the team loses or certain players struggle, just so they can be proved right. A shame really, that it's come to this as for me it's draining a bit of enjoyment that I used to get out of reading these boards- we're second in the east and top of our division, but reading most of the posts you would think we have the worst record in the east. It's ridiculous when people start claiming our wins don't count, only our more recent loses do, and when a player has a bad game that's the real them, even if they've had 10 great games before that.

There's always the ignore button I suppose, but I don't really believe in them!

AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
1/27/2013  12:09 PM
IronWillGiroud wrote:

...It requires time for new parts to get in sync.

same old story going on a decade plus now,

oh, you forgot "sheed/baron/kt/dudly/kenny waker is our savior"

It's a fact- or do you honestly believe Felton should have returned at the peak of his game after a month off? Or that Felton and Amar'e should instantly have their peak chemistry back from 2 years ago after playing no games together since? Shump was out for 8 or 9 months- do you honestly believe that has no impact on a players game?

Anyways, back to the game- Hawks scare me as they have a lot of deadly 3 pt shooters, and teams seem to be on fire vs us (and it's not just poor defense- opposing teams up their games against us). Hopefully we have a lot of pride and will be out to avenge last nights horror. Also you know Woody always wants to beat his former team (he feels his friend stabbed him in the back to get the coaching job).

Let's see if we can get back on track and put the sixers game behind us!

TeamBall
Member: #4386

1/27/2013  12:17 PM
smackeddog wrote:Anyways, back to the game- Hawks scare me as they have a lot of deadly 3 pt shooters, and teams seem to be on fire vs us (and it's not just poor defense- opposing teams up their games against us). Hopefully we have a lot of pride and will be out to avenge last nights horror. Also you know Woody always wants to beat his former team (he feels his friend stabbed him in the back to get the coaching job).

I didnt know about that. What happened?

As for the thread title, I dont think Woodys gonna start Amare until theres a big not named Kurt Thomas to come in for him when he needs rest.

Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
smackeddog
1/27/2013  12:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/27/2013  12:26 PM
TeamBall wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Anyways, back to the game- Hawks scare me as they have a lot of deadly 3 pt shooters, and teams seem to be on fire vs us (and it's not just poor defense- opposing teams up their games against us). Hopefully we have a lot of pride and will be out to avenge last nights horror. Also you know Woody always wants to beat his former team (he feels his friend stabbed him in the back to get the coaching job).

I didnt know about that. What happened?

As for the thread title, I dont think Woodys gonna start Amare until theres a big not named Kurt Thomas to come in for him when he needs rest.

ATLANTA -- Mike Woodson was nostalgic about being back for the first time since being let go by the Hawks after the 2009-10 season. But he wouldn't talk about his former assistant and replacement, Larry Drew.

The two haven't spoken to each other since Woodson left. "We haven't talked," Woodson said Friday. "I just want to talk about basketball. Let's keep it that way."

Woodson and Drew were teammates in the NBA, and Drew was Woodson's assistant all six years he was the Hawks' head coach. A report in the Atlanta Journal Constitution said their relationship soured because Woodson believes Drew undermined him.

After the morning shootaround, neither coach mentioned the other's name. Drew praised the Knicks' play of late but didn't credit Woodson for guiding them to eight wins in nine games entering Friday.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/woodson-drew-old-friends-don-t-speak-1.3634526

It was something about, while Woody was still Hawks coach, just after the playoffs disaster of his final year, his old time friend and assistant coach, Drew, met with the GM/owners and said what he would do differently and basically made his case for Woody's job. Woody got fired shortly after and Larry Drew took over. Ouch- that is cold blooded!

Ah, here's a bit more:

To get his first head-coaching job, Drew had to convince Hawks owners that he would do things differently than Woodson. Drew also told the owners he had ideas that Woodson never implemented–ideas that the owners also favored.

You can see why that might lead Woody to think his old friend and former teammate turned on him. But the bigger problem, according to Woody confidants, is that Woody believes Drew was making his case to be head coach with the team’s owners while Woody still had the job.

http://blogs.ajc.com/hawks/2012/03/30/atlanta-hawks-mike-woodson-larry-drew-not-on-speaking-terms/

TeamBall

1/27/2013  1:04 PM
Thanks smacked. Thats a dirty move by Drew if its all true. Id love to see the Knicks get this win for Woody then. It'd be great if this was the game that got this team back on track (only because its today and it would be much sooner, rather than later).
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/27/2013  1:05 PM
Maybe Drew was actually trying to implement an offensive game plan besides isoJoe and the owners agreed and fired Woodson
smackeddog
1/27/2013  1:07 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Maybe Drew was actually trying to implement an offensive game plan besides isoJoe and the owners agreed and fired Woodson

People criticize him for isoJoe, but who was their PG in those days? (I genuinely can't remember) a breaking down Bibby?

TeamBall

1/27/2013  1:11 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Maybe Drew was actually trying to implement an offensive game plan besides isoJoe and the owners agreed and fired Woodson

This might be a bit harsh but if it took Drew going behind Woodsons back and saying "I wont ISO every play" to get Woody fired, then thats a big problem. If a front office watches their coach resort to ISOing one player time and time again with no hint of changing, then they should be able to fire him on their own.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/27/2013  1:50 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Anji wrote:*In world where the Knicks have the second seed and lead the division*

Oh my god we had a let down game...........you, you got us here but now the real star is back

*There's a forum with a fan base willing to over blow an injury filled 8-10 stretch of basketball*

LOL, I can't keep doing the moving opening, the name of the movie is grow a pair.
(I got's a lot of respect for the Novelist on the forum.)

Man up, stop crying, we have 26 wins, we are just getting back our top guys all healthy. They might need a little time to get comfortable, if it is alright with the go stupid over board crowd.

there's a team out there closing in on us with their best player having not played a single game yet. now go read your post and guess who's sounding stupid? if 26 wins is the goal, we must be home free! if division championships are the goal, do you think we are there already?

these injury filled stretches are exactly what show the heart of a championship team. and if it has to start with your supposedly "best" player, then why shouldn't everyone look at melo. if the Heat suddently start losing 4 games in a row, do you think Spoelstra or Wade are going to take the heat?

fact: if we end up 4th seed, we will probably open round 2 on the road. sure, that's a recipe for success, which is why everyone the league tries to stay between 5th and 8th seeds.

They lost to the Wiz last night.

yes, and a month ago they were not even close to our standings.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
gunsnewing
USA
1/27/2013  5:11 PM
Ugh..

Marc Berman ‏@NYPost_Berman
Same starting lineup. Kidd playing. Stoudemire off bench.

Should rest Kidd til Wednesday

gunsnewing
USA
1/27/2013  5:11 PM
Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN
Mike Woodson says he's hopeful Rasheed Wallace will practice this week
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/27/2013  5:20 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN
Mike Woodson says he's hopeful Rasheed Wallace will practice this week
Awesome.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
1/27/2013  5:55 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Anji wrote:*In world where the Knicks have the second seed and lead the division*

Oh my god we had a let down game...........you, you got us here but now the real star is back

*There's a forum with a fan base willing to over blow an injury filled 8-10 stretch of basketball*

LOL, I can't keep doing the moving opening, the name of the movie is grow a pair.
(I got's a lot of respect for the Novelist on the forum.)

Man up, stop crying, we have 26 wins, we are just getting back our top guys all healthy. They might need a little time to get comfortable, if it is alright with the go stupid over board crowd.

there's a team out there closing in on us with their best player having not played a single game yet. now go read your post and guess who's sounding stupid? if 26 wins is the goal, we must be home free! if division championships are the goal, do you think we are there already?

these injury filled stretches are exactly what show the heart of a championship team. and if it has to start with your supposedly "best" player, then why shouldn't everyone look at melo. if the Heat suddently start losing 4 games in a row, do you think Spoelstra or Wade are going to take the heat?

fact: if we end up 4th seed, we will probably open round 2 on the road. sure, that's a recipe for success, which is why everyone the league tries to stay between 5th and 8th seeds.

They lost to the Wiz last night.

yes, and a month ago they were not even close to our standings.

exactly

ES
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

1/27/2013  6:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/27/2013  6:22 PM
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Something that bugs me but may not have any basis. It appears that some wont post on game threads for big wins like the celtics game but post prolifically on threads where the Knicks have a bad loss. Some of the pro dantoni/anti Woodson crowd seems to be a bit empowered with woodson's team having a dantoni type run of late.

It's been said a few times, but it's true- a lot of posters seem to hope the team loses or certain players struggle, just so they can be proved right. A shame really, that it's come to this as for me it's draining a bit of enjoyment that I used to get out of reading these boards- we're second in the east and top of our division, but reading most of the posts you would think we have the worst record in the east. It's ridiculous when people start claiming our wins don't count, only our more recent loses do, and when a player has a bad game that's the real them, even if they've had 10 great games before that.

There's always the ignore button I suppose, but I don't really believe in them!

Pretty much why I post sporadically now. We are in the middle of our best season in over a decade and some of these posts make it seem like we are still in the middle of the Isiah Error. Too many posters concerned with being proven right (notice the recent bumping of year old threads), too many agenda driven threads which are boring and predictable...Pure objective basketball discussion has seriously taken a backseat here. Some of the things some of these posters say are similar to the arguments I have in the barber shop with non-knick fans who cant stand the Knicks....

gunsnewing
USA
1/27/2013  6:08 PM
Too many or less than a handful of posters?
gunsnewing
USA
1/27/2013  6:12 PM
Absolutely love the msg crew glorify Melo's 20+ points streak chase for franchise record. Like scoring 20 on 29 shots means anything
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

1/27/2013  6:41 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Absolutely love the msg crew glorify Melo's 20+ points streak chase for franchise record. Like scoring 20 on 29 shots means anything
Exactly the only thing i care about is winning. I dont care about MVP's or all-stars i just care about being more consitent
OGkush121
Member: #4392

1/27/2013  6:43 PM
Felton on fire! :D
gunsnewing
USA
1/27/2013  6:44 PM
Felton looking awesome!
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

1/27/2013  6:44 PM
maybe we will actually win the 1st quarter
GAME DREAD: KNICKS vs HAWKS @MSG(6:30pm) START AMARE, BENCH MELO

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy