[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GAME DREAD: KNICKS vs HAWKS @MSG(6:30pm) START AMARE, BENCH MELO
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/27/2013  1:50 AM
I want Amare to start and I want to see a flawless game from the Knicks on both ends of the floor!

Enough is enough

Watch Korver. He's been lighting it up!

AUTOADVERT
NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

1/27/2013  2:10 AM
The only way Amar'e starts is if Woodson goes like this...

C: Tyson Chandler.
PF: Amar'e Stoudemire.
SF: Carmelo Anthony.
2G: Iman Shumpert.
PG: Raymond Felton.

Melo will not see the bench. He's our greatest Knick since Ewing of his prime years.

We're 23-11 with Melo.
We're 3-4 without Melo.

He's led our team to first place of our Atlantic Division and second seed of the entire Eastern Conference. He's done this without Felton and especially Shumpert, Stoudemire, Kurt, Rasheed and Camby too.

Melo doesn't sit.

knicks1248
Member: #582
1/27/2013  2:19 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/27/2013  2:20 AM
NYKMentality wrote:The only way Amar'e starts is if Woodson goes like this...

Melo will not see the bench. He's our greatest Knick since Ewing of his prime years.

We're 23-11 with Melo.
We're 3-4 without Melo.

He's led our team to first place of our Atlantic Division and second seed of the entire Eastern Conference. He's done this without Felton and especially Shumpert, Stoudemire, Kurt, Rasheed and Camby too.

Melo doesn't sit.

what are you talking about..lol were 8-10 in our last 18..with melo..It's like this guy can do no wrong in your eyes,..Melo shoots 1 for 50 and it's the rims fault cause he shot 8 for 10, 3 months ago

Fact is, I don't want him bench i want him to play like he has some (bleeping) common sense

ES
IronWillGiroud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4359

1/27/2013  2:20 AM
gunsnewing, I feel the thread title,

it's not the world we live in but it's not a world we have to surrender,

some suffer the temporal misfortune of rising in a winter,

it's the eternal quality of our spiritual character that offers the comfort of high esteem in a world divorced from its ability to appreciate anything outside of plastic trinkets,

yes, melo should be the one riding pine and amar'e our leader on the floor, and somewhere in a distant summer it's amar'e getting the call to start at the 4.

bundle up, strap in and try to make light of the descent.

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
1/27/2013  2:45 AM
*In world where the Knicks have the second seed and lead the division*

Oh my god we had a let down game...........you, you got us here but now the real star is back

*There's a forum with a fan base willing to over blow an injury filled 8-10 stretch of basketball*

LOL, I can't keep doing the moving opening, the name of the movie is grow a pair.
(I got's a lot of respect for the Novelist on the forum.)

Man up, stop crying, we have 26 wins, we are just getting back our top guys all healthy. They might need a little time to get comfortable, if it is alright with the go stupid over board crowd.

"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/27/2013  3:09 AM
Anji wrote:*In world where the Knicks have the second seed and lead the division*

Oh my god we had a let down game...........you, you got us here but now the real star is back

*There's a forum with a fan base willing to over blow an injury filled 8-10 stretch of basketball*

LOL, I can't keep doing the moving opening, the name of the movie is grow a pair.

Man up, stop crying, we have 26 wins, we are just getting back our top guys all healthy. They might need a little time to get comfortable, if it is alright with the go stupid over board crowd.

there's a team out there closing in on us with their best player having not played a single game yet. now go read your post and guess who's sounding stupid? if 26 wins is the goal, we must be home free! if division championships are the goal, do you think we are there already?

these injury filled stretches are exactly what show the heart of a championship team. and if it has to start with your supposedly "best" player, then why shouldn't everyone look at melo. if the Heat suddently start losing 4 games in a row, do you think Spoelstra or Wade are going to take the heat?

fact: if we end up 4th seed, we will probably open round 2 on the road. sure, that's a recipe for success, which is why everyone the league tries to stay between 5th and 8th seeds.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Anji
USA
1/27/2013  3:19 AM
How can you follow a fact with a hypothetical???

Fact: If Lebron breaks his arm jumping on a fan, Knicks would destroy the Heat.

How about you let the guys who got you here, figure it out??? Or is the season over because they came out flat in Philly?

"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
Cartman718

1/27/2013  3:25 AM
Anji wrote:How can you follow a fact with a hypothetical???

How about you let the guys who got you here, figure it out??? Or is the season over because they came out flat in Philly?

fact: if you knew anything about basketball players and what "being a leader and a follower" means, you would know your unflinching support for Melo is baseless. he has shown in his NBA career that he is not disciplined. it needs to change now, as opposed to trying to change it on the fly in the playoffs. if we are talking about the guy(s) who got us here... let me just say that THAT person again works for Pacers. as far as the play this season, downward spiral each month.... agree?

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Anji
USA
1/27/2013  3:37 AM
But it's not about dumping on Melo???

The season, the division, the number 2 seed has not been lost. I'll give the guys that got us here time to get it going again.

Cartman718

1/27/2013  3:40 AM
Anji wrote:But it's not about dumping on Melo???

no, its about seeing the knicks do better

NYKMentality
Member: #4385

1/27/2013  5:50 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/27/2013  5:53 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:The only way Amar'e starts is if Woodson goes like this...

We're 23-11 with Melo.
We're 3-4 without Melo.

Melo doesn't sit.

what are you talking about..lol were 8-10 in our last 18..with melo.

The Knicks have gone 8-10 during our last 18 games "with Melo"?

You're wrong.

Out of our last 18 games (as a team), Melo has only played during 14 of these games.

During the 14 games that Melo's played over our last 18 games, the Knicks have gone 7-7 with Melo.

During those same 18 games in which you're speaking of, N.Y only went 1-3 without Melo.

That's how you come up with 8-10 during our last 18 games. Nice way of trying to pin it all on Melo though.

7-7 with Melo during our last 18 games.
1-3 without Melo during our last 18 games.

During our 4 games without Melo (over the past 18 games) our Knicks went 1-3. We only beat the Suns by two points but yet lost to teams such as the Kings, Rockets and Pacers (without Melo Anthony).

So no, you're drop dead wrong. During our last 18 games, we haven't gone 8-10 "with Melo" as you like to state.

Speaking of 18 games and Melo? During Melo's last 18 games our Knicks have gone 11-7 under Melo.

But why stop at 18 games when in regards to Melo himself?

During Melo's last 21 games our Knicks have gone 14-7 during Melo's last 21 games.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

1/27/2013  9:21 AM
Cartman718 wrote:

fact: if you knew anything about basketball players and what "being a leader and a follower" means, you would know your unflinching support for Melo is baseless. he has shown in his NBA career that he is not disciplined. it needs to change now, as opposed to trying to change it on the fly in the playoffs. if we are talking about the guy(s) who got us here... let me just say that THAT person again works for Pacers. as far as the play this season, downward spiral each month.... agree?

If you knew anything about basketball you wouldn't bother to entertain the idea of benching our best player....That idea has nothing to do with basketball but everything to do with emotions and agenda...

If you start Stat, you put him at the 4, place Melo back at the 3 and Shump back at the 2. That way, everyone is back at their natural positions. This helps defensively because we'd be bigger up front and able to protect the paint much better, and it wold allow Melo to guard smaller 3's as opposed to trying to bang with bigger 4's which has been one of the reasons why were getting outrebounded game in and game out. Stats presence also should help us get off to better starts offensively and would alleviate the pressure from Melo. Our current lineup see's Melo as the only offensive threat that we have.

cooch2584
Member: #1187

1/27/2013  10:13 AM
Uptown wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

If you knew anything about basketball you wouldn't bother to entertain the idea of benching our best player....That idea has nothing to do with basketball but everything to do with emotions and agenda...

If you start Stat, you put him at the 4, place Melo back at the 3 and Shump back at the 2. That way, everyone is back at their natural positions. This helps defensively because we'd be bigger up front and able to protect the paint much better, and it wold allow Melo to guard smaller 3's as opposed to trying to bang with bigger 4's which has been one of the reasons why were getting outrebounded game in and game out. Stats presence also should help us get off to better starts offensively and would alleviate the pressure from Melo. Our current lineup see's Melo as the only offensive threat that we have.

I have been saying this since the mins limits was removed from Stat. Everyone would be at their natural positions and we wouldnt fall behind early in the first qt and keep trying to catch up the whole game. Gotta put the best 5 on the floor to start and worry about substitutions as the game goes on.

misterearl
Member: #799
USA
1/27/2013  10:23 AM
Game Dread is for chicken liver hearts

Anyone who has played or watched professional basketball understands It requires time for new parts to get in sync.

Ray Felton and I Man Shumpert have never played together. Amare has never played off the bench. He is our backup center.

Watch the adjustments that must be made over the next two weeks in gradual steps.

once a knick always a knick
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/27/2013  10:36 AM
Hope Stat stays on the bench, he's doing great there. I expect them to show a lot more energy this game, Woodson probably tore into them after the last game. Good game to get their mojo back against a good team.
IronWillGiroud

1/27/2013  10:39 AM

...It requires time for new parts to get in sync.

same old story going on a decade plus now,

oh, you forgot "sheed/baron/kt/dudly/kenny waker is our savior"

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
IronWillGiroud

1/27/2013  10:56 AM
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/27/2013  11:25 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
Anji wrote:*In world where the Knicks have the second seed and lead the division*

there's a team out there closing in on us with their best player having not played a single game yet. now go read your post and guess who's sounding stupid? if 26 wins is the goal, we must be home free! if division championships are the goal, do you think we are there already?

these injury filled stretches are exactly what show the heart of a championship team. and if it has to start with your supposedly "best" player, then why shouldn't everyone look at melo. if the Heat suddently start losing 4 games in a row, do you think Spoelstra or Wade are going to take the heat?

fact: if we end up 4th seed, we will probably open round 2 on the road. sure, that's a recipe for success, which is why everyone the league tries to stay between 5th and 8th seeds.

They lost to the Wiz last night.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
1/27/2013  11:25 AM
Cartman718 wrote:

They lost to the Wiz last night.

CrushAlot
USA
1/27/2013  11:28 AM
Something that bugs me but may not have any basis. It appears that some wont post on game threads for big wins like the celtics game but post prolifically on threads where the Knicks have a bad loss. Some of the pro dantoni/anti Woodson crowd seems to be a bit empowered with woodson's team having a dantoni type run of late.
GAME DREAD: KNICKS vs HAWKS @MSG(6:30pm) START AMARE, BENCH MELO

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy