Member: #4228
USA
1/25/2013  8:19 AM
Anji wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Anji wrote:
dk7th wrote:smith and melo combine for 14-44 32%

rest of team 18-39 for 46%

if celtics take care of the ball the last couple of possessions lets face it they win.

so we are waiting for felton to help melo and smith get better shots right?

Co-sign, those aren't winning Adobe Grid Fillers.

Boston should appeal in the National Fantasy League.

*Mean While in the NBA*

Tough game, Celtics play great defense and play us tough all the time.

But knicks win, knics win, kincks win.

Can't wait til Felton is back.

look at my sig-- it's not that you win it's how you win.

you may not see that as relevant because you are living in the moment like many others in the knick fanbase.

me? i project what i see onto the playoffs and i don't see us winning a second round series.

who is living in a fantasy world?

The guy who thinks Stat lines win games.

#Knicktape

At our valley we are still better than most, why don't you suck on that and wonder where we will be when we start to peek.

if he put up the statline i wanted to see the knicks would have trounced the celtics. instead he continues to put up a ton of bad shots. bad shots are as bad as turnovers as we saw when the celtics converted at the other end of several of those bad shots. bad shots don't show up in the stat sheet but i counted at least 5 probably 7 or 8.

how many bad shots did he take last night by your account? and is there any connection between the closeness of the game and those bad shots?

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
AUTOADVERT
NUPE
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4205

1/25/2013  8:29 AM
dk7th wrote:
Anji wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Anji wrote:

if celtics take care of the ball the last couple of possessions lets face it they win.

*Mean While in the NBA*

you may not see that as relevant because you are living in the moment like many others in the knick fanbase.

me? i project what i see onto the playoffs and i don't see us winning a second round series.

#Knicktape

At our valley we are still better than most, why don't you suck on that and wonder where we will be when we start to peek.

if he put up the statline i wanted to see the knicks would have trounced the celtics. instead he continues to put up a ton of bad shots. bad shots are as bad as turnovers as we saw when the celtics converted at the other end of several of those bad shots. bad shots don't show up in the stat sheet but i counted at least 5 probably 7 or 8.

how many bad shots did he take last night by your account? and is there any connection between the closeness of the game and those bad shots?

Knicks won, take your stat obsession elsewhere. No one cares.

cooch2584
Member: #1187

1/25/2013  9:10 AM
NUPE wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Anji wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Anji wrote:

*Mean While in the NBA*

#Knicktape

Where does the logic that bad shots are just as bad as turnovers come from? What kind of logic is that? WTF Are you kidding me?

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/25/2013  9:25 AM
dk7th wrote:
Anji wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Anji wrote:

*Mean While in the NBA*

#Knicktape

I am sure Melo would have loved to put up the stat line you said you wanted him to have. However, the Celtics played really good d and really wanted to win last nights game. The closeness of the game was because both teams fought hard and played good d. Best d I have seen the Knicks play in a long time and a lot of it was when Amare was on the court. Also, did you hear Kerr talking about why he thought Melo's shooting percentage had dropped in recent games?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
1/25/2013  9:48 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/25/2013  9:50 AM
THIS was a sloppy game filled with too many iso's and bad shots.. Rondo was the best player on the floor by far..

The celtics look like a team that won't make the playoffs, and the knicks look like a certain first round exit..

just not good basketball... wow... but we will take the win...

I want to add that stat looked good. nice game for him!

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
CrushAlot
USA
1/25/2013  9:59 AM
If you watched @Amareisreal in practice this week, you could see pop returning to his game. It was there in Boston:

"He's more active now," Mike Woodson said of Stoudemire's impressive 15-point, 9-rebound, 2-block performance off the bench. "Obviously his knee is feeling a lot better."

Stoudemire brought great energy into the game and it was felt on both ends of the floor. He looked very comfortable in the backside of a 3-2 zone defense that Woodson employed in the middle of the game.

Stoudemire attacked the rim and also had a key tip-in with 3:23 left to give the Knicks an 86-82 lead as the Celtics made one last push.

"I feel great," he said after the game. "I still got much to improve defensively. The rebounding was there tonight. Offensively, it's going to come. I have no worries. I'm going to keep continuing to improve and keep working hard."

Hard work and effort have never been an issue with Stoudemire and the way he is embracing his role off the bench has been admirable. But Woodson knows as Stoudemire's game emerges, he has to get him more minutes. Against the Celtics, he played just over 20 minutes.

"I know he was over there wondering why I didn't get him back in there," Woodson said.

Asked if perhaps he forgot about Stoudemire, Woodson replied, "I didn't forget about him . . . If you're about winning, it's not about the minutes you get, it's about what you do with the minutes when you get in there."

When Stoudemire was in there, the Knicks were +11. 6 minutes ago

NUPE
Member: #4205

1/25/2013  10:36 AM
tkf wrote:THIS was a sloppy game filled with too many iso's and bad shots.. Rondo was the best player on the floor by far..

The celtics look like a team that won't make the playoffs, and the knicks look like a certain first round exit..

It was playoff style basketball. Both teams played excellent defense. As always, you are quick to bring out the hate. The Knicks are 12 games over .500 at this point and second in the East. Amar'e and Shumpert get better each game. Felton is on his way back which will reduce iso and improve the offense. Clearly, there are more reasons to expect improvement rather than doom and gloom.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/25/2013  10:41 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/25/2013  2:13 PM
For those of you who are new to this genre boys and girls, this is called "Follow the bouncing MeloHate SomberBall":

tkf wrote:THIS was a sloppy game filled with too many iso's and bad shots..

READ: Melo is a fat sloppy loser who's only capable of throwing up 20 every night for the past two or three months in a row because he takes so many bad shots and he scores like a deranged 15th century monk in a convent full of malnourished teenaged nuns.

tkf wrote: Rondo was the best player on the floor by far..

READ: A triple double, even in a losing cause for a team that is pictured in every dictionary as "in decline" is still better than that fat, smiling, unprofessionally thin skinned first round loser (except for the time others dragged him to the WCF) that we gave away our potential triple double machine, Armani Gallolinnetti, for. It is to make me cry.

tkf wrote:The celtics look like a team that won't make the playoffs, and the knicks look like a certain first round exit..

READ: I hate that we're on the top of our division. HATE HATE HATE!!! DEEP EFFING HATRED!!!! [Clenched fists at the sky]

tkf wrote:just not good basketball... wow... but we will take the win...

READ: This is some token "Knick fan"-soundbytes to alleviate those homers who think I really only love Lin, the Nuggets, Rockets, Lebron, and Durant. Oh, and CP3, like him too! Actually, my STAT infatuation is based firmly in the fact that he represents the only real attachment to my dear friend, God and savior, Gallo.

Stay tuned for the next installment, which will include such brilliance as:

FUTURE tkf wrote:We never would have beat the Sixers if they had Bynum, he's really the best player on either team.

FUTURE tkf wrote:This division suuuuuuuhuuuuucks, being first is a booby prize for a stooge franchise that traded it's future away for YET ANOTHER FIRST ROUND EXIT!!! DO YOU HEAR ME???

FUTURE tkf wrote:The Sixers at least have a young core that will bode well for their future mediocrity. Much better than ours. Did I mention that Bynum is better on the IR than that sloppy fat iso chucker guy that we have?
cooch2584

1/25/2013  10:53 AM
jrodmc wrote:For those of you who are knew to this genre boys and girls, this is called "Follow the bouncing MeloHate SomberBall":

READ: Melo is a fat sloppy loser who's only capable of throwing up 20 every night for the past two or three months in a row because he takes so many bad shots and he scores like a deranged 15th century monk in a convent full of malnourished teenaged nuns.

READ: A triple double, even in a losing cause for a team that is pictured in every dictionary as "in decline" is still better than that fat, smiling, unprofessionally thin skinned first round loser (except for the time others dragged him to the WCF) that we gave away our potential triple double machine, Armani Gallolinnetti, for. It is to make me cry.

tkf wrote:The celtics look like a team that won't make the playoffs, and the knicks look like a certain first round exit..

READ: I hate that we're on the top of our division. HATE HATE HATE!!! DEEP EFFING HATRED!!!! [Clenched fists at the sky]

READ: This is some token "Knick fan"-soundbytes to alleviate those homers who think I really only love Lin, the Nuggets, Rockets, Lebron, and Durant. Oh, and CP3, like him too! Actually, my STAT infatuation is based firmly in the fact that he represents the only real attachment to my dear friend, God and savior, Gallo.

FUTURE tkf wrote:We never would have beat the Sixers if they had Bynum, he's really the best player on either team.

FUTURE tkf wrote:This division suuuuuuuhuuuuucks, being first is a booby prize for a stooge franchise that traded it's future away for YET ANOTHER FIRST ROUND EXIT!!! DO YOU HEAR ME???

FUTURE tkf wrote:The Sixers at least have a young core that will bode well for their future mediocrity. Much better than ours. Did I mention that Bynum is better on the IR than that sloppy fat iso chucker guy that we have?

Jrod,your futuretkf is priceless and soooo on target.You da man Jrod.

tkf
1/25/2013  11:22 AM
jrodmc wrote:For those of you who are knew to this genre boys and girls, this is called "Follow the bouncing MeloHate SomberBall":

HONESTLY, the time you spend following me around on this site, you and cooch, is just down right sad, and creepy...

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
jrodmc
USA
1/25/2013  11:24 AM
tkf wrote:

HONESTLY, the time you spend following me around on this site, you and cooch, is just down right sad, and creepy...

Wow, and I thought I had you out of character using CAPS, and yet...

lighten up tkf, if you weren't so damned predictable, nobody would bother reading you...

tkf
1/25/2013  11:26 AM
jrodmc wrote:
tkf wrote:

lighten up tkf, if you weren't so damned predictable, nobody would bother reading you...

actually, I have my computer on caps at all times, I use all caps in my accounting software... so when I type, it forget to remove the caps lock... no need to go back and correct..

you call it predictable, i call it being consistent.. unlike most who change their tunes around here very quick.....

cooch2584

1/25/2013  11:28 AM
tkf wrote:

tkf/dk7th,dont flatter yourself. Me and Jrod were just posting and toasting, and we werent talking about you behind your back because we knew either one of your egos was gonna crawl outta the woodwork once your names were mentioned. Know we aint following you but your following us. Thats what trolls do.

cooch2584

1/25/2013  11:30 AM
tkf wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
tkf wrote:

actually, I have my computer on caps at all times, I use all caps in my accounting software... so when I type, it forget to remove the caps lock... no need to go back and correct..

you call it predictable, i call it being consistent.. unlike most who change their tunes around here very quick.....

And if I made up some story about my caps being on all the time,tkf/dk7th would rip me apart. So predictable.

ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
1/25/2013  11:57 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/25/2013  12:27 PM
NUPE wrote:
tkf wrote:THIS was a sloppy game filled with too many iso's and bad shots.. Rondo was the best player on the floor by far..

It was playoff style basketball. Both teams played excellent defense. As always, you are quick to bring out the hate. The Knicks are 12 games over .500 at this point and second in the East. Amar'e and Shumpert get better each game. Felton is on his way back which will reduce iso and improve the offense. Clearly, there are more reasons to expect improvement rather than doom and gloom.

Nope, f that. Certain first round exit I say ! Good day to you sir , lol

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
dk7th
USA
1/25/2013  12:04 PM
cooch2584 wrote:
NUPE wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Anji wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Anji wrote:

*Mean While in the NBA*

#Knicktape

Where does the logic that bad shots are just as bad as turnovers come from? What kind of logic is that? WTF Are you kidding me?

it's empirical evidence. no logic necessary unless you did not watch the game. look at the game logs if you can't remember what actually happened.

long bad shots lead to long rebounds and create a semi-break for the opponent. getting stuffed at the rim leads to a quick outlet and 5 on 4 or 4 on 3. this happened a few times during the game and at the end. it's how boston got back in the game and how the momentum swung in their favor during the game. good teams are opportunistic on mistakes.

this sort of phenomenon is what leads to early exits and underachievement.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
cooch2584

1/25/2013  12:12 PM
dk7th wrote:
cooch2584 wrote:
NUPE wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Anji wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Anji wrote:

*Mean While in the NBA*

#Knicktape

it's empirical evidence. no logic necessary unless you did not watch the game. look at the game logs if you can't remember what actually happened.

long bad shots lead to long rebounds and create a semi-break for the opponent. getting stuffed at the rim leads to a quick outlet and 5 on 4 or 4 on 3. this happened a few times during the game and at the end. it's how boston got back in the game and how the momentum swung in their favor during the game. good teams are opportunistic on mistakes.

Yes sir spin doctor. LOL its a joke the way you and your alter ego twists things.Knicks win and I dont care how, a win is a win.

CrushAlot
USA
1/25/2013  12:13 PM
dk7th wrote:
cooch2584 wrote:
NUPE wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Anji wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Anji wrote:

*Mean While in the NBA*

#Knicktape

Did you watch the game? Celts played great d in a playoff type atmosphere. Doc called Melo the second best scorer in the league. Celts were keyed in on him. You can't suggest stats a guy should put up and expect it to happen. Players and coaches have to react to the game. That is why you watch games and don't create analysis based on a box score. Personally, I thought last nights game was won of the best wins in a long time.
jrodmc
USA
1/25/2013  12:20 PM
tkf wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
tkf wrote:

Actually, until we started playing this stretch of .500 ball, I think even someone of your vaunted intelligence would realize that there had been nothing much to follow, right?

Consistency, predictability, hey, I'm a homer; I understand the semantics. I have the same affliction, just in the other direction.
Whatever, just don't take it personally tkf, it's not like I'm Melo, the man who shot your dog, posting here.

dk7th
USA
1/25/2013  12:39 PM
cooch2584 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
cooch2584 wrote:
NUPE wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Anji wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Anji wrote:

*Mean While in the NBA*

#Knicktape

Yes sir spin doctor. LOL its a joke the way you and your alter ego twists things.Knicks win and I dont care how, a win is a win.

yes you are definitely a creature of the moment. you: a win is a win.

me: it's not THAT you win it's HOW you win.

enjoy the regular-season wins even if the team does not look like an ECF team. and of course if all you really want is to make the playoffs congrats. other people might have higher expectations. hope that's ok with you.

Game Thread: NY Knicks @ BOS Celtics - 8PM

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy