[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

would Cha take Tim Thomas?
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/31/2004  12:47 PM
He's only got 2 years left. I love Tims game.. I really do, but if Isiah could get a handshake agreement with Kobe getting the Bobcats to take Tim is the only way we could get him (and keep Marbury).

I really like Tim, but Kobe is Kobe. Your talking about about having Marbury (27) and Kobe (25) together for the next 6 years. Thats probably the best backcourt in the history of the game.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/31/2004  12:58 PM
Bobcats only have so much cap - like $20M or something - and I don't think they would go with anyone with that big a contract. I don't see the Knicks leaving TT unprotected.

TT
Marb
Sweets
FWill
Nazr
Kurt

Wow, Knicks don't have to protect much.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/31/2004  4:23 PM
fishmike--do you post under the handle "feris" on MSG because the same exact question thread was posed there. to much of a coincidence:>)
RIP Crushalot😞
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/31/2004  4:26 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

fishmike--do you post under the handle "feris" on MSG because the same exact question thread was posed there. to much of a coincidence:>)

funny. Maybe "feris" is Latin for fish.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/31/2004  5:41 PM
Tim Thomas is a Knick. Period. The guy has NY game. Just like Nazr is our center, Marbury is our point guard, Sweets is our up and comming big man.

Knicks need to try and build around those 4 guys not trade them simply let them float to North Carolina.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
BRIGGS
3/31/2004  7:22 PM
Nazr is to small to be a C in this league going forward-especially if you want to go anywhere. its one thing if you have tim Duncan as your PF, but Nazr does not give enough defensive presence in the lane and he is outweighed by a majority of C.
we made a big mistake giving kt 7.5mm a year-while not impossible to move, it wont bring back malik rose and a pick anymore IMHO.

To me Nazr is a tradeable asset for the right trade. He was a good pick up, much more valuable than Doleac.
we'll have to see how things play out.
i think demarr is much more of a priority player than even nazr unless they can get nazr over to PF

i think many fans have forgot what Patrick Ewing was--he would be able to put up 30-15 at will on Nazr--if things go in circles and more real big men start to come into the league--you want a real C in there.
RIP Crushalot😞
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
3/31/2004  7:48 PM
Briggs....what real C would you recommend that the Knicks can actually obtain? I agree we need one, I just dont see us getting one. Even if we draft a legit big man - they will be a project for at least 2-3 seasons.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
EnySpree

3/31/2004  9:04 PM
Yeah briggs what center do we get?

Dampier is 6'11", LaFrentz is 6'11" and that's about it as far as guys that might be on the block. Ainge traded the franchise for LaFrentz so why would he trade him to the Knicks? Dampier one of the best in the league. What would GS take from NY? TT? No way!

Besides Shaq and Yao....who is really all that much better? Magliore? Nazr is averaging 11pts 9 rebounds in march. What else do you want? There is already a thread on this topic, started by me. Nazr is a good rebounder, decent scorer and he finishes strong around the basket. You know that cuz you a Knick fan.

It's definately not fair to compare any center in the league to Ewing, or Olajuwan(sp?), or Shaq, or Rik Smits for that matter. any of the guys I mentioned would have field days on the teams that are out there now....including Nazr. Thing is Nazr is more than servicable in this NBA.

Why am I preaching? Let me get off the computer.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
BRIGGS
4/1/2004  12:24 AM
i know arajuo can step in and play. vlade divac said that kosta perovic was ready to play NBA basketball now and hes near 7-3

but who cares if it takes a C 2-3 years to develop---you see us winning the championship with this rag tag? this team has similarities to the knicks of the early 80s where they could make the playoffs and give a tussle into the second round and then come back the next year and win 34 again. and the Knicks had a player who was better than Marbury back then.

we will likely need to put a couple of pieces a year back together. right now their are teams in the east that are way ahead of us in terms of having the ability to play for the big one--not this year but teams like miami Clev Ind Det are built with primarily younger players who will be able to stick together for years. we still will have a revolving door until we have things settled.
RIP Crushalot😞
TheSage
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #386
4/1/2004  8:20 AM
Kobe-Marbury best ever? Don't think so wouldn't even be the best in Knx history-1973 Clyde and the Pearl-2 of the top 50 of all time with Dick Barnett backing them up-that was a backcourt. Cousy and Sharman weren't bad either. Cheeks and Greer were pretty good-think they played together at the beginning of Cheeks career. Jordan and Pippen played backcourt together a bit and Magic with whomever.

Isiah, Dumars and ? were a pretty darn good trio.

[

[Edited by - TheSage on 04/01/2004 08:23:29]
fishmike
USA
4/1/2004  9:12 AM
Briggs... yea.. I post there as Fenris. I used to be fishmike there as well but I got banned repeatedly writing offensive words such as ass.

This idea is a moot point... I didnt realize you cant use the exception you get to sign a FA... only to use in a trade (like the injury exception Layden wasted with McDyess).
EnySpree

4/1/2004  12:42 PM
Posted by TheSage:

Isiah, Dumars and ? were a pretty darn good trio.

[

[Edited by - TheSage on 04/01/2004 08:23:29]

That's Vinny Johnson.....that was a good trio.

Kobe and Marbury though? That has got to be up there with the best...it ain't happening anyway.

West and Goodrich...I think it was Goodrich.....well whoever was Wests backcourt mate all those years was awesome.

EnySpree

4/1/2004  12:51 PM
About drafting a center....

Every team in the league wants to get a good center. The chances Isiah has to getting a pick high enough to take a gamble is very low. Plus is the guy is that good....why would a team give up a pick if they could get them for their team?

Nazr is good enough. Knicks gotta upgrade the power forward spot. TT is basically a power forward cuz of his size. TT and Nazr are very similiar as far as their bodies. If the Knicks could get a guy like Rahim for Kurt Thomas and another filler that would be great. The Knicks would have a pretty agile line-up. The Knicks are just missing 2 pieces to the puzzle and that's the 4 spot and the 2 spot.

Leave Nazr alone man!
fishmike
USA
4/1/2004  1:06 PM
TT is a 6'10 230 pound shooting guard. I love his game but he's not an inside player.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/1/2004  1:47 PM
Right..your SF shouldn't be your inside player. It helps that TT can score with his back to the basket though.
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
4/1/2004  2:46 PM
We are Not getting Kobe. We are not getting Kobe. We are not getting Kobe. Fishmike wake up!!
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
fishmike
USA
4/1/2004  2:51 PM
never said we were, nor do I expect and major FA signings.

I think our best bet for Dampier or Raweed is to offer Nazr, Moochie, $3 mill and a #2 in a sign and trade.

Aside from that I dont see much in the FA market. I would have no problem with just resigning Vin and Demaar and giving this group a summer and training camp to get healthy and play together... also get Sweetney and Frank another year. I like our player's upside.
EnySpree

4/1/2004  5:24 PM
I started a thread on Kobe.

I think the Knicks will just resign what they have and go from there. Isiah proably will just clean up the roster and go with that.

That's the reality in front of the Knicks.
would Cha take Tim Thomas?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy