[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GAME THREAD: KNICKS NETS THE SEAL OF DEFEAT GAME, 1/21 3:30 (ET) HOME GAME
Author Thread
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
1/22/2013  12:17 AM
3G4G wrote:If the absence of Felton and Sheed has us spiraling then the team wasn't put together very well. Melo said we're deep well it should show withstanding injuries

exactly.... he also said that this is the best team he has ever played with, guys he can trust... well now we are hearing fans starting to say, melo has no help... no shooters...

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/22/2013  12:26 AM
Give the Nets some respect, they play hard and have talent.

BroPez is a real talent.

I loved the game, it was close and defense was good for both down the stretch.

The comeback for the knicks was great and the defense was excellent the last 5 minutes. Nets have a problem in tight scenarios but Iso Joe came up big.

Loved the game, not happy with the loss. Melo is right, the team is deep and built for injuries to sustain.

Thought Melo's temper go the best of him.

Things should be with a better tempo once Felton comes back.

Amare is starting to look good. I like Melo's passing.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

1/22/2013  12:58 AM
was at the game - the percentages were **** all game. the consensus in section 203 was that the Knicks got drunker than the Nets during Sunday's football because that was a ****ty basketball game.
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
JamesKPolk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4093

1/22/2013  1:40 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:was at the game - the percentages were **** all game. the consensus in section 203 was that the Knicks got drunker than the Nets during Sunday's football because that was a ****ty basketball game.

That's a very simplified explanation of what happened.

We've been drunk quite a few times recently since we are 7-9 over our last 16 games.

"Peace, plenty, and contentment reign throughout our borders, and our beloved country presents a sublime moral spectacle to the world." - James K Polk
NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

1/22/2013  1:57 AM
We lost a close game today. The East is a log-jam, it's wide open. But our Knicks are contenders. Lets see if we can rebound against both Boston and Philly. I can't stand Brooklyn, but hats off to em. They've been playing good ball as of late.
MinsHeartsReezy
Member: #872
USA
1/22/2013  2:59 AM
MinsHeartsReezy wrote:
3G4G wrote:
holfresh wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:
holfresh wrote:
3G4G wrote:I think when the Grizzlies made their first decent run in the playoffs they had no Rudy Gay and Mayo was pretty much getting spot minutes. I get tired of us always trying to use the injury excuse.

U are comparing 3 starters versus 1...At some point it's not an excuse...It's a reason...What team have U seen survive 3 starts going down at the same time??

What 3 starters are you talking about? The only guy who is injured right now who you could argue for is Raymond Felton. Wallace and Camby are not difference makers.

We were actually discussing the recent play of the Knicks and 3G mentioned the Knicks were playing poorly before Felton went down...Shump and Amare are not close to what they can be...Their time on court is still limited..So of course the last three weeks we didn't look like world beaters...

Appears to me this team wasn't put together that well then to sustain injuries. I for once would like to see us do what the Bulls have done for 3 seasons of missing players to significant injuries but look like the same team every night and still remain ELITE level at least during regular season. I could even mention the Spurs too but going with the Bulls for example.

2010-2011 they lose Noah/Boozer for a 1/3 of the season that's okay they win 60+gms(Best overall record East) and push their way to ECF

2011-2012 they lose Rose for 1/3 of the season Rip for over 1/2 a season both starters.... that's okay they win 50gms(Best overall record East) and gave the Sixers a legit first round fight but experienced more injuries

2012-2013 they lose Rose for 1/2 of the season that's okay they are 3gms back for best overall record in the East

Shumpert and Amar'e both look like they've come back too early from their injuries to be honest and aren't really helping the team maybe more so hurting it at this time. We have no time or room for injury excuses our window is extremely short and shrinks ever more as each game goes by.

Came back too early from their injuries? That's for the trainers to determine. Shump hasn't played since last year and STAT just came back a few games ago. Chemistry doesn't develop overnight. You speak as though you expect them to pick up right where they left off. Real life doesn't work that way. There will be an adjustment period. They need to get used to playing together. Melo/Stat chemistry has been improving over the last 3 games. Shump has to learn as he goes.

You say also that this team wasn't built to withstand injuries...do you realize we have yet to have a completely healthy roster and we're still 2nd in the east? How many different starting lineups have we had? The injuries are starting to catch up to us now because we're injured in areas we have the biggest need: PG play and rebounding.

What's our record w/and w/out Sheed?
What's our record w/and w/out Felton?

3G4G wrote:If the absence of Felton and Sheed has us spiraling then the team wasn't put together very well. Melo said we're deep well it should show withstanding injuries

17-5 before losing Sheed
21-8 before losing Felton

Without Felton & Sheed we're playing 0.500 ball.
0.500 ball is not quite as dramatic "spiraling" it's more like surviving. Kidd was never meant to be out starting PG. Cope came from the end of the bench. Like I said, losing Felton and Sheed exaggerates our two biggest weaknesses: ball handling and rebounding. You can't expect zero dropoff from starters vs. bench and when you have injuries to your best players. Zero-dropoff is the ideal, but unrealistic, keeping things close enough to be in a position to win is realistic. The very act of defining a starter vs bench/role player tell you that the starters are superior. Injuries are no excuse when it comes to playing hard, but do they have an effect on the game? Unquestionably, the answer is YES. And whether anyone believes it or not does not qualify whether or not injuries effect the game, win or lose.

What happened today that Brookyln out rebounded us and had much better ball movement and were shooting 3's as if they were the Knicks. On the other hand we didn't shoot well at all but we played well enough to take it to the last possession. Give credit to the Nets. They deserved the win.

Temper your expectations people. This team isn't perfect, nothing is, but we're far from bad.

holfresh
Member: #1081

1/22/2013  3:11 AM
JamesKPolk wrote:
holfresh wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:
holfresh wrote:
3G4G wrote:I think when the Grizzlies made their first decent run in the playoffs they had no Rudy Gay and Mayo was pretty much getting spot minutes. I get tired of us always trying to use the injury excuse.

U are comparing 3 starters versus 1...At some point it's not an excuse...It's a reason...What team have U seen survive 3 starts going down at the same time??

What 3 starters are you talking about? The only guy who is injured right now who you could argue for is Raymond Felton. Wallace and Camby are not difference makers.

We were actually discussing the recent play of the Knicks and 3G mentioned the Knicks were playing poorly before Felton went down...Shump and Amare are not close to what they can be...Their time on court is still limited..So of course the last three weeks we didn't look like world beaters...

We have been playing the entire season without Shumpert and Amare and seemed to be doing fine. Now it's a convenient excuse? I don't think so.

When was the last time we beat a good team? You realize we are 7-9 in our last 16? That's pretty damn bad for a supposed "championship" team.

The Knicks are not losing because of injuries. They are losing because of poor coaching tactics and poor execution.

There are a few realities u need to embrace..With all the injuries, we are essentially the same team as we were going into the playoffs with a 40 yr old JKiddas our PG..But now u have Championship aspirations...We aren't competing for anything without Amare healthy and a young PG who can defend other PG...Shump has to be able to play stellar defense before we can truly be a team to contend ...U are kidding yourself if u think JKidd makes is contenders ..

knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
1/22/2013  5:23 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/22/2013  5:24 AM
Anji wrote:
knickscity wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Anji wrote:Yeah I see no reason to panic at a tough at a hard fought loss. I think the knicks are better than most when we have our starters.

I also believe we could be better than all with a couple moves.

The team is losing at home. If the team loses at home you know the NBA is even more brutal on the road.

Teams are coming into the Garden knowing they can win, that is disgusting, then talking shyt on the way out.

We are 14-6 at home, I would calm down with this. This team with it's key players back is better than most.

Lets see.....10-0 start at home, 4-6 since that start, even Woodson a couple games ago called the team "non-tough" at home.

The coach is calling them soft.

And 14-6 isn't exactly great when compared to teams that think they are contenders.

IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

1/22/2013  6:24 AM
MinsHeartsReezy wrote:
MinsHeartsReezy wrote:
3G4G wrote:
holfresh wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Appears to me this team wasn't put together that well then to sustain injuries. I for once would like to see us do what the Bulls have done for 3 seasons of missing players to significant injuries but look like the same team every night and still remain ELITE level at least during regular season. I could even mention the Spurs too but going with the Bulls for example.

2010-2011 they lose Noah/Boozer for a 1/3 of the season that's okay they win 60+gms(Best overall record East) and push their way to ECF

2011-2012 they lose Rose for 1/3 of the season Rip for over 1/2 a season both starters.... that's okay they win 50gms(Best overall record East) and gave the Sixers a legit first round fight but experienced more injuries

2012-2013 they lose Rose for 1/2 of the season that's okay they are 3gms back for best overall record in the East

Shumpert and Amar'e both look like they've come back too early from their injuries to be honest and aren't really helping the team maybe more so hurting it at this time. We have no time or room for injury excuses our window is extremely short and shrinks ever more as each game goes by.

Came back too early from their injuries? That's for the trainers to determine. Shump hasn't played since last year and STAT just came back a few games ago. Chemistry doesn't develop overnight. You speak as though you expect them to pick up right where they left off. Real life doesn't work that way. There will be an adjustment period. They need to get used to playing together. Melo/Stat chemistry has been improving over the last 3 games. Shump has to learn as he goes.

You say also that this team wasn't built to withstand injuries...do you realize we have yet to have a completely healthy roster and we're still 2nd in the east? How many different starting lineups have we had? The injuries are starting to catch up to us now because we're injured in areas we have the biggest need: PG play and rebounding.

What's our record w/and w/out Sheed?
What's our record w/and w/out Felton?

17-5 before losing Sheed
21-8 before losing Felton

Without Felton & Sheed we're playing 0.500 ball.
0.500 ball is not quite as dramatic "spiraling" it's more like surviving. Kidd was never meant to be out starting PG. Cope came from the end of the bench. Like I said, losing Felton and Sheed exaggerates our two biggest weaknesses: ball handling and rebounding...

Sheed is like 50 years old and he came out of retirement to sign with us,

If he is a critical piece I smfh,

It is spiraling when you compare recent 7-9 to 18-5 start, it's a big spiral

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
cooch2584
Member: #1187

1/22/2013  6:59 AM
IMHO,I think its time to start Amare and run some plays for him in the post. Time to put the best players on the floor and get early leads and get the opposition into foul trouble.
TeamBall
Member: #4386

1/22/2013  8:07 AM
cooch2584 wrote:IMHO,I think its time to start Amare and run some plays for him in the post. Time to put the best players on the floor and get early leads and get the opposition into foul trouble.

Running plays period would be a welcomed change

Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
Nalod
USA
1/22/2013  8:14 AM
Game loss really was not a bad one.

What was good:

Amare played with patience and poise. NO turn overs! 6 rebs in 26 min is not terrible for him. His defense was ok and the ball movement was good. He is finding rhythm in his outside shot.

JR got hot.

Turnovers kept low kept us in the game.

JR got hot.

We shut down the Nets for 5 min down the stretch. Both teams got tired. Knicks had one game all week.

Have to live with:

Shump is offensively tentative and won't attack the rim yet. He has to get confidence and go hard. He is not doing that. Will just have to play back into his old self and we might not see that for a while if at all this season.

Kidd inconsistency. He giveth and taketh.

Copeland is not that good. Nice player but some nights if his outside game is off his penetration has to be there. he looks slow on TV.

The bad:

Shumps hair. Mrs. Nalod thought it looked too gimmicky. she asked if he the one who wears gold shoes. Let his game draw attention. This should be the least of our problems.

Reliance of Sheed. If Sheed is our savior then we are fragile. Sheed should be a bonus.

The result:

Series tied 2-2 and a rivalry is being born. I hope we get them in the playoffs. It was a great series this year.

Swishfm3
Member: #392
1/22/2013  9:06 AM
Nalod wrote:Game loss really was not a bad one.

What was good:

Amare played with patience and poise. NO turn overs! 6 rebs in 26 min is not terrible for him. His defense was ok and the ball movement was good. He is finding rhythm in his outside shot.

JR got hot.

Turnovers kept low kept us in the game.

JR got hot.

We shut down the Nets for 5 min down the stretch. Both teams got tired. Knicks had one game all week.

Have to live with:

Shump is offensively tentative and won't attack the rim yet. He has to get confidence and go hard. He is not doing that. Will just have to play back into his old self and we might not see that for a while if at all this season.

Kidd inconsistency. He giveth and taketh.

Copeland is not that good. Nice player but some nights if his outside game is off his penetration has to be there. he looks slow on TV.

The bad:

Shumps hair. Mrs. Nalod thought it looked too gimmicky. she asked if he the one who wears gold shoes. Let his game draw attention. This should be the least of our problems.

Reliance of Sheed. If Sheed is our savior then we are fragile. Sheed should be a bonus.

The result:

Series tied 2-2 and a rivalry is being born. I hope we get them in the playoffs. It was a great series this year.

Agree with this

Also agree with D7 earlier post that Melo is shooting about 10 attempts than he needs to do. With STAT back and JR proving to be an effecting scorer himself, there is no need to for Melo to shoot 30 times a game.

With that said...I think he did very well finding teammates when he was doubled and tripled last night.

I think this is the first thread in a very long time that members from both of the Melo Love/Hate camps had a, somewhat, healthy critique of the game without bashing any one player in particular. Very refreshing for a change.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/22/2013  9:49 AM
I applaud the Melohaters for their restraint. Quite refreshing. Especially after spending most of yesterday re-reading the Nuggets game thread from last month. Not much to love when Youtube Melo provides no 4th quarter points.

Props to the resident N*yets lover for also being slightly subdued, although "loved the game, not happy with the loss" is a clear sign of a potentially serious psychological conflict. Certainly proof positive that we obviously aren't the same person.

I hated the game, hated JJ, and hated BroPez for his defensive prowess. Respect has been earned. I hope Woody runs them ragged and bloody today. Jet lag, indeed.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/22/2013  12:26 PM
Nalod wrote:I hope we get them in the playoffs. It was a great series this year.

I hope we make the playoffs

Nalod
USA
1/22/2013  1:36 PM
jrodmc wrote:I applaud the Melohaters for their restraint. Quite refreshing. Especially after spending most of yesterday re-reading the Nuggets game thread from last month. Not much to love when Youtube Melo provides no 4th quarter points.

Props to the resident N*yets lover for also being slightly subdued, although "loved the game, not happy with the loss" is a clear sign of a potentially serious psychological conflict. Certainly proof positive that we obviously aren't the same person.

I hated the game, hated JJ, and hated BroPez for his defensive prowess. Respect has been earned. I hope Woody runs them ragged and bloody today. Jet lag, indeed.

Your lumping my Net history and confusing it with current Net Love. For 35 years they were nothing to me. What you don't get perhaps is that I don't hate them. I follow them and root for them is they don't play KNicks. I know I should be rooting for the to lose so knicks can stay in first place but knicks themselves can keep them in first by taking care of themselves. Said that day 1 Bro. DOn't lump Bro.

I have watched 5 whole Net games. 4 were against the Knicks. Saw them play Boston in Boston and win despite Rondo's antics.

KG even told Deron his wife tasted like Peperoni cheese "Hot Pockets". Said Iso Joe wife tasted like fish taco's. Said Bropez's girl tasted like Pad Thai. KG when he retires should have his own cooking show on the "food channel":

Cooking with KG! "a guide to food and the basketball wifes they taste like!"

gunsnewing
USA
1/22/2013  1:45 PM
^LOL
jrodmc
USA
1/22/2013  2:25 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
Nalod wrote:I hope we get them in the playoffs. It was a great series this year.

Always a ray of sunshine, guns.

gunsnewing
USA
1/22/2013  2:29 PM
jrodmc wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Always a ray of sunshine, guns.

thanks lol

jrodmc
USA
1/22/2013  2:32 PM
Nalod wrote:
jrodmc wrote:I applaud the Melohaters for their restraint. Quite refreshing. Especially after spending most of yesterday re-reading the Nuggets game thread from last month. Not much to love when Youtube Melo provides no 4th quarter points.

Your lumping my Net history and confusing it with current Net Love. For 35 years they were nothing to me. What you don't get perhaps is that I don't hate them. I follow them and root for them is they don't play KNicks. I know I should be rooting for the to lose so knicks can stay in first place but knicks themselves can keep them in first by taking care of themselves. Said that day 1 Bro. DOn't lump Bro.

I have watched 5 whole Net games. 4 were against the Knicks. Saw them play Boston in Boston and win despite Rondo's antics.

Don't understand how I could be unclear on your feelings about the N*yets. All of the above is just so... crystal. So sorry.

Like a very wise man once said to me:

GAME THREAD: KNICKS NETS THE SEAL OF DEFEAT GAME, 1/21 3:30 (ET) HOME GAME

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy