[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GAME THREAD: KNICKS NETS THE SEAL OF DEFEAT GAME, 1/21 3:30 (ET) HOME GAME
Author Thread
Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

1/21/2013  8:54 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Hahn is right. Players don't want it as much as the fans. No sense of urgency early. Out rebounded by 15

Papabear Says

It's not that they don't want it. It's that the 5 starters as they are can't do it. The reason why Melo is still getting double and tripple guarded is because we have no sure shooters out there besides Melo. Shumpert, right now he is not a lock down shooter but great defender. Chandler hard worker but can't get his own shot, Kidd is the best next to Melo but we have no kick azz person that can make his own shot besides Melo starting. In order for us to win it all, we need to make a trade for someone like Gasol who can knock down shots and take the pressure off Melo. Look Los Angeles ain't going nowhere this year so lets make a deal trade anyone but Melo , Kidd, Felton,and Chandler and Smith. everything else is on the trading block.

Papabear
AUTOADVERT
MinsHeartsReezy
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #872
USA
1/21/2013  9:00 PM
3G4G wrote:
holfresh wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:
holfresh wrote:
3G4G wrote:I think when the Grizzlies made their first decent run in the playoffs they had no Rudy Gay and Mayo was pretty much getting spot minutes. I get tired of us always trying to use the injury excuse.

U are comparing 3 starters versus 1...At some point it's not an excuse...It's a reason...What team have U seen survive 3 starts going down at the same time??

What 3 starters are you talking about? The only guy who is injured right now who you could argue for is Raymond Felton. Wallace and Camby are not difference makers.

We were actually discussing the recent play of the Knicks and 3G mentioned the Knicks were playing poorly before Felton went down...Shump and Amare are not close to what they can be...Their time on court is still limited..So of course the last three weeks we didn't look like world beaters...

Appears to me this team wasn't put together that well then to sustain injuries. I for once would like to see us do what the Bulls have done for 3 seasons of missing players to significant injuries but look like the same team every night and still remain ELITE level at least during regular season. I could even mention the Spurs too but going with the Bulls for example.

2010-2011 they lose Noah/Boozer for a 1/3 of the season that's okay they win 60+gms(Best overall record East) and push their way to ECF

2011-2012 they lose Rose for 1/3 of the season Rip for over 1/2 a season both starters.... that's okay they win 50gms(Best overall record East) and gave the Sixers a legit first round fight but experienced more injuries

2012-2013 they lose Rose for 1/2 of the season that's okay they are 3gms back for best overall record in the East

Shumpert and Amar'e both look like they've come back too early from their injuries to be honest and aren't really helping the team maybe more so hurting it at this time. We have no time or room for injury excuses our window is extremely short and shrinks ever more as each game goes by.

Came back too early from their injuries? That's for the trainers to determine. Shump hasn't played since last year and STAT just came back a few games ago. Chemistry doesn't develop overnight. You speak as though you expect them to pick up right where they left off. Real life doesn't work that way. There will be an adjustment period. They need to get used to playing together. Melo/Stat chemistry has been improving over the last 3 games. Shump has to learn as he goes.

You say also that this team wasn't built to withstand injuries...do you realize we have yet to have a completely healthy roster and we're still 2nd in the east? How many different starting lineups have we had? The injuries are starting to catch up to us now because we're injured in areas we have the biggest need: PG play and rebounding.

What's our record w/and w/out Sheed?
What's our record w/and w/out Felton?

Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
1/21/2013  9:04 PM
Yeah I see no reason to panic at a tough at a hard fought loss. I think the knicks are better than most when we have our starters.

I also believe we could be better than all with a couple moves.

"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
3G4G
Member: #4333

1/21/2013  9:05 PM
If the absence of Felton and Sheed has us spiraling then the team wasn't put together very well. Melo said we're deep well it should show withstanding injuries
IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

1/21/2013  9:19 PM
3G4G wrote:If the absence of Felton and Sheed has us spiraling...

lol

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
1/21/2013  9:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/21/2013  9:27 PM
Anji wrote:Yeah I see no reason to panic at a tough at a hard fought loss. I think the knicks are better than most when we have our starters.

The team is losing at home. If the team loses at home you know the NBA is even more brutal on the road.

dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
1/21/2013  9:36 PM
positives:

if melo can keep dishing to stat when doubles converge around the rim then he works with stat better and it merits their being on the floor at the same time. i am not a fan of melo getting his **** stuffed around the rim it's lame as it is predictable. but if he can dish like he did today then there is hope for the both of them. 7 assists. with all the doubles he draws at the rim he should be able to average 6 assists a game!

negatives:

29 shots by melo is 10 too many. come on, melo 45.8ts% geezus!

19 shots by smith is 5 too many. smith (42.8%TS) needs to have his minutes reduced as woodson tries to get shumpert back into the rotation. i think smith's ego and mind are fragile and he can't handle the reduced role that must occur. i see regression for him. 0FTA today is pathetic and mindless and not a playoff statline. ironically brewer does not look like he's going to have a problem even as he has less talent than smith. it's all about playing within your limitations. brewer does it and smith almost never does. felton has the same issue which will cause problems when he returns.

on shumpert he does not look like a particularly smart player out there but i am going to attribute that to the sheer newness of the situation. however he looks lost out there then we may have problems come playoff time with him as a starter.

if the knicks are being coached to not box out that is a mistake. the nets had 12 offensive rebounds. an offensive rebound is worth 3 defensive rebounds. the knicks had 7, 4 of them i figure are the chandler tap-out variety. not a true offensive rebound but at least provides another possession.

tough loss but if smith and melo don't chuck and instead work the ball a bit the knicks would have had a better chance at winning.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
1/21/2013  9:36 PM
Vmart wrote:
Anji wrote:Yeah I see no reason to panic at a tough at a hard fought loss. I think the knicks are better than most when we have our starters.

The team is losing at home. If the team loses at home you know the NBA is even more brutal on the road.

Teams are coming into the Garden knowing they can win, that is disgusting, then talking shyt on the way out.
y2zipper
Member: #3287

1/21/2013  9:41 PM
Papabear hit this on the head. The Knicks lost because they didn't make shots. Anytime you only have 5 turnovers, force 19 and hold the other team to 88 points, you'll win as long as you don't shoot 20% from three. The Knick roleplayers have to hit shots or this offense doesn't work, especially when Felton is missing because there's only one creator when he's out there.
mrKnickShot
Alba Posts: 16
Member: #3553

1/21/2013  9:50 PM
y2zipper wrote:Papabear hit this on the head. The Knicks lost because they didn't make shots. Anytime you only have 5 turnovers, force 19 and hold the other team to 88 points, you'll win as long as you don't shoot 20% from three. The Knick roleplayers have to hit shots or this offense doesn't work, especially when Felton is missing because there's only one creator when he's out there.

So the knicks will live and die with the 3?

thats not good.

dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
1/21/2013  9:59 PM
y2zipper wrote:Papabear hit this on the head. The Knicks lost because they didn't make shots. Anytime you only have 5 turnovers, force 19 and hold the other team to 88 points, you'll win as long as you don't shoot 20% from three. The Knick roleplayers have to hit shots or this offense doesn't work, especially when Felton is missing because there's only one creator when he's out there.

cardinal sin number one as a basketball fan: never blame the "supporting cast" or the "role players" when the star is doubled and tripled. take the superstar to task for not doing his job of finding ways of making others around him better.

29 shots by melo for 29 points. he missed 18 shots all on his own. 6FTA is not nearly enough.
19 shots by smith for 16 points. he missed 11 shots all by himself. 0FTA is lame and mindless.

those two were a combined 18-48. that's 37.5 which is unacceptable.

the rest of the team was 16-36. that's 44.4 which is fairly acceptable.

you and papabear please do the math here because it sure looks like you and he have it backwards.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
Mray20
Member: #3138

1/21/2013  10:08 PM
Stat needs to start at the 4 he looks good on offense but bad as the backup Center , when Felton comes back I think they will get back on track
No layups!
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/21/2013  10:20 PM
Mray20 wrote:Stat needs to start at the 4 he looks good on offense but bad as the backup Center , when Felton comes back I think they will get back on track

Thats what i want to see but it wont happen until camby and sheed return if ever to backup tyson

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

1/21/2013  10:24 PM
Mray20 wrote:Stat needs to start at the 4 he looks good on offense but bad as the backup Center , when Felton comes back I think they will get back on track

STAt is doing very well but they probably still need to monitor his minutes. I guess you can do that with him starting. Cope is only good if he is shooting well if not he tries to do too much. I would like him better featured in the second units playing against back ups.

gunsnewing
USA
1/21/2013  10:30 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:

STAt is doing very well but they probably still need to monitor his minutes. I guess you can do that with him starting. Cope is only good if he is shooting well if not he tries to do too much. I would like him better featured in the second units playing against back ups.

so true. Cope would be a lot more effective off the bench. Shitty reality is amare is not starting until the old men get back
gunsnewing
USA
1/21/2013  10:32 PM
Both jr and amare off the bench is too much especially when jr doesnt understand the concept of pick n roll and woodson doesnt teach him. He rather let him do whatever he wants. Which usually leads to chucking
yellowboy90

1/21/2013  10:34 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

so true. Cope would be a lot more effective off the bench. Shitty reality is amare is not starting until the old men get back

They really should get Kmart and call it a day. they won't play White over Brewer. Won't let Brewer rest or go to the D-league to get in shape. They will need his D on the larger wings going forward.

yellowboy90

1/21/2013  10:38 PM
Also Novak really has me dreaming of a trade w/ LA for MWP. I know that's crazy but screens and D would be solved plus 35% from 3 would not be that bad. The locker room would be crazier but.... It's not all Novak's fault either.
Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
1/21/2013  11:05 PM
knickscity wrote:
Vmart wrote:

Teams are coming into the Garden knowing they can win, that is disgusting, then talking shyt on the way out.

We are 14-6 at home, I would calm down with this. This team with it's key players back is better than most.
"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

1/21/2013  11:29 PM
The Knicks and the Nets are even teams now,

Dont care what the record says..

Tonite unfortunately Nets proved talentwise and in the division, they
teams like Celtics are just as even as Knicks.

Knicks got some work to do cause they had chance to make statements in the division
and have failed, whether its Nets OR Celts. NYK still an elite East NBA Team

However Knicks need to get their mojo together within the divison they have yet to prove they can win on the big stage

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
GAME THREAD: KNICKS NETS THE SEAL OF DEFEAT GAME, 1/21 3:30 (ET) HOME GAME

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy