[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GAME THREAD: KNICKS NETS THE SEAL OF DEFEAT GAME, 1/21 3:30 (ET) HOME GAME
Author Thread
cooch2584
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1187

1/21/2013  7:27 PM
Watching the game with my son,we counted at least 5 times that the nyets walked with the ball and no call and they made a 2 or3pt shot and its costs us either a 2pt shot or a 3 pts shot.5TIMES Thats 10 or 15 pts swing. Not right.
AUTOADVERT
mrKnickShot
Alba Posts: 16
Member: #3553

1/21/2013  7:44 PM
Can someone please tell me why our DPOY can't hold Lopez in the post and needs a hard double every time?

That was a joke!

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/21/2013  7:44 PM
holfresh wrote:
3G4G wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Vmart wrote:This team is falling hard. Injuries is a great excuse but losing at home on a regular basis has got to be alarming even for the most die hard optimist.

yup losses at home to Brooklyn, Chicago, Boston and Indiana. NOT GOOD!

No Granger, No Rose, and all those teams play very good defense and/or are good at rebounding.

No Amare, No Shump, No excuses...Do they have a better record than we do??

They beat use at home without their best players

Clean
Member: #743
1/21/2013  7:48 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:Can someone please tell me why our DPOY can't hold Lopez in the post and needs a hard double every time?

That was a joke!

it seems like we always double when someone posts up. This is one of the reasons we give up so many open 3's. We schemes on D does not trust anyone to be able to play D one on one. This is why we always switch and double which is a precurser to us scrambling on D.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/21/2013  7:50 PM
Clean wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:Can someone please tell me why our DPOY can't hold Lopez in the post and needs a hard double every time?

That was a joke!

it seems like we always double when someone posts up. This is one of the reasons we give up so many open 3's. We schemes on D does not trust anyone to be able to play D one on one. This is why we always switch and double which is a precurser to us scrambling on D.

Clyde was killing woodsons defensive switching philosophy
mrKnickShot
Alba Posts: 16
Member: #3553

1/21/2013  7:52 PM
Clean wrote:

That was a joke!

The switching should be situational and perhaps the doubles too ...

but, Chandler on Lopez? In the high post???????

I think Woody got his ass kicked today and he really needs to be far more innovative on offense. JR and (sometimes) Melo just should not be allowed to do what they do and get away with it. Certainly not JR!!!

kip3f
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #762
1/21/2013  7:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/21/2013  7:57 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:Hahn is right. Players don't want it as much as the fans. No sense of urgency early. Out rebounded by 15

I dont think that is true at all. These guys played hard. If you look at our team--its not like we are the 86 Celtics. We have talent but were not world beaters. This is a good team not a great team. Hopefully when Ray Felton comes back--we get one of Wallace or Camby back---Amare Shumpert have 0 restrictions--we can increase cohesion and chemistry. I do not think this team plays soft. Well improve with felton back

No question we need to get Felton back but you can't get outrebounded by 15. Don't know if we will every see Camby/Sheed healthy for a long stretch of games at any point this year

Yeah I'm sorry to say it, but Charles Barkley is right ... Knicks need more rebounding.

3G4G
Member: #4333

1/21/2013  7:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/21/2013  8:07 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
holfresh wrote:
3G4G wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Vmart wrote:This team is falling hard. Injuries is a great excuse but losing at home on a regular basis has got to be alarming even for the most die hard optimist.

No Granger, No Rose, and all those teams play very good defense and/or are good at rebounding.

We've lost 3 times to the Bulls without Rose, and another without Granger...while were were getting relatively healthy with our main core. I don't want to hear excuses about not having Sheed or Camby although they can be somewhat serviceable in very short stretches.

We look pretty bad against tough hard nose defensive teams with exception to 2 teams(Heat/Spurs).

JamesKPolk
Member: #4093

1/21/2013  8:01 PM
Mike Woodson is getting exposed more and more as the season goes on.

His rotations suck, offense is one dimensional (hey, let's call a time out so we can set up a predictable Melo iso to end the game) and his defensive tactics of constant switching and double teams on defense have us getting burned on the perimeter and the pick and roll.

The other team is beating us the same way every single time and no adjustments are being made.

People will begin to realize what a mediocre coach he is when it's too late. For now I'll continue to hear people sing his praises. When the playoffs come around and he is costing us games then maybe he will lose his sainthood.

"Peace, plenty, and contentment reign throughout our borders, and our beloved country presents a sublime moral spectacle to the world." - James K Polk
holfresh
Member: #1081

1/21/2013  8:01 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
holfresh wrote:
3G4G wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

And we are missing a starting PG, starting SG, and starting PF...How many guys are they missing?

3G4G

1/21/2013  8:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/21/2013  8:10 PM
holfresh wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
holfresh wrote:
3G4G wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

And we are missing a starting PG, starting SG, and starting PF...How many guys are they missing?

We were struggling before Felton went down...We are struggling with some of those guys back

None of those guys equal Rose collectively and it's debateable if any of them equal Granger considering both sides of the ball.

3G4G

1/21/2013  8:13 PM
I think when the Grizzlies made their first decent run in the playoffs they had no Rudy Gay and Mayo was pretty much getting spot minutes. I get tired of us always trying to use the injury excuse.
holfresh

1/21/2013  8:16 PM
3G4G wrote:
holfresh wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
holfresh wrote:
3G4G wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

We were struggling before Felton went down...We are struggling with some of those guys back

None of those guys equal Rose collectively and it's debateable if any of them equal Granger considering both sides of the ball.

Felton was playing with two bad hands for about three weeks...He left at 20-8...No Amare or Shump...Knicks had to make the adjustment in three weeks...Chicago and Indy had all year..Took them two months...I like our chances when everyone is healthy...I'm really not worried about Indy...Chicago will be tough...I think with Amare in our frontline and less Novak we won't just concede the rebounding edge...

holfresh

1/21/2013  8:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/21/2013  8:19 PM
3G4G wrote:I think when the Grizzlies made their first decent run in the playoffs they had no Rudy Gay and Mayo was pretty much getting spot minutes. I get tired of us always trying to use the injury excuse.

U are comparing 3 starters versus 1...At some point it's not an excuse...It's a reason...What team have U seen survive 3 starts going down at the same time??

TeamBall
Member: #4386

1/21/2013  8:21 PM
Just got back from the game and a few things:

1- The atmosphere at the Garden is unbelievable. Theres no other words to explain it. It was fun just being around a bunch of Knick fans like myself.
2- Shumps hair is ridiculous.
3- My section was getting very annoyed with the Melo isos. I even heard people in other sections screaming for Woodson to draw a play. The worst part is that when the Knicks began to struggle with their shots, it seemed like Woodson instructed the other guys to go with a Melo iso which is just terrible. When you compare how the Nets got JJ open (screens, double screens, etc.) to how the Knicks got Melo open (post him up and move out the way) it was a little worrying.
4- Copeland is scared of Woodson. Almost every foul, missed shot, turnover, or anything that wasn't a made basket, Copeland would look over to Woodson to see if he had any sort of disappointed reaction or if he had called for a sub. I wish Woody would give him less to worry about so he doesnt play with any distractions.

All those aside, I really enjoyed the game and got lucky with the people in my section. Unfortunately, there were 2 Brooklyn fans behind me that me and my friends heckled during the Knicks' short run. We got it pretty bad after the final buzzer.

Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
JamesKPolk

1/21/2013  8:21 PM
holfresh wrote:
3G4G wrote:I think when the Grizzlies made their first decent run in the playoffs they had no Rudy Gay and Mayo was pretty much getting spot minutes. I get tired of us always trying to use the injury excuse.

U are comparing 3 starters versus 1...At some point it's not an excuse...It's a reason...What team have U seen survive 3 starts going down at the same time??

What 3 starters are you talking about? The only guy who is injured right now who you could argue for is Raymond Felton. Wallace and Camby are not difference makers.

"Peace, plenty, and contentment reign throughout our borders, and our beloved country presents a sublime moral spectacle to the world." - James K Polk
holfresh

1/21/2013  8:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/21/2013  8:29 PM
JamesKPolk wrote:
holfresh wrote:

What 3 starters are you talking about? The only guy who is injured right now who you could argue for is Raymond Felton. Wallace and Camby are not difference makers.

We were actually discussing the recent play of the Knicks and 3G mentioned the Knicks were playing poorly before Felton went down...Shump and Amare are not close to what they can be...Their time on court is still limited..So of course the last three weeks we didn't look like world beaters...

JamesKPolk

1/21/2013  8:37 PM
holfresh wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:
holfresh wrote:

We were actually discussing the recent play of the Knicks and 3G mentioned the Knicks were playing poorly before Felton went down...Shump and Amare are not close to what they can be...Their time on court is still limited..So of course the last three weeks we didn't look like world beaters...

We have been playing the entire season without Shumpert and Amare and seemed to be doing fine. Now it's a convenient excuse? I don't think so.

When was the last time we beat a good team? You realize we are 7-9 in our last 16? That's pretty damn bad for a supposed "championship" team.

The Knicks are not losing because of injuries. They are losing because of poor coaching tactics and poor execution.

NYDiva
Member: #4387

1/21/2013  8:38 PM
JamesKPolk wrote:
holfresh wrote:

For this team of lousy rebounders, it could be argued that the loss of Camby makes a difference. The Knicks have no rebounders aside from Chandler. They could really use his help on the boards right now.

3G4G

1/21/2013  8:41 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/21/2013  8:43 PM
holfresh wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Appears to me this team wasn't put together that well then to sustain injuries. I for once would like to see us do what the Bulls have done for 3 seasons of missing players to significant injuries but look like the same team every night and still remain ELITE level at least during regular season. I could even mention the Spurs too but going with the Bulls for example.

2010-2011 they lose Noah/Boozer for a 1/3 of the season that's okay they win 60+gms(Best overall record East) and push their way to ECF

2011-2012 they lose Rose for 1/3 of the season Rip for over 1/2 a season both starters.... that's okay they win 50gms(Best overall record East) and gave the Sixers a legit first round fight but experienced more injuries

2012-2013 they lose Rose for 1/2 of the season that's okay they are 3gms back for best overall record in the East

Shumpert and Amar'e both look like they've come back too early from their injuries to be honest and aren't really helping the team maybe more so hurting it at this time. We have no time or room for injury excuses our window is extremely short and shrinks ever more as each game goes by.

GAME THREAD: KNICKS NETS THE SEAL OF DEFEAT GAME, 1/21 3:30 (ET) HOME GAME

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy