IronWillGiroud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4359

1/16/2013  10:00 AM
ChuckBuck wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
The Brits should be treated to a better game than the frickin Pistons.

I'll agree to disagree once again in regards to the Brits deserve to be treated to a 'better game'. The Brit's should be thankful if anything, that two NBA franchises are travelling to their country in order to play an NBA basketball game. If someone gives you food with no water? Be thankful for the food and find your water.

Go Knicks.

If someone gives me food and no water, I will ask him why he is doing this? It's a crazy thing to do to someone, give them only food and nothing to wash it down with. I will say "no thank you" to this food and I will beat the man that offered this crazy deal to me.

I agree, if the NBA had made the matchup Knicks - Heat, or say OKC - Lakers or the like, they'd gain tons of fans on the spot. Pretty much any marquee matchup.

Instead they'll only gain marginal increases and visibility.

That makes me think, maybe they're testing this to see how the fans will receive a middling team and a good team, because of course a marquee match-up is guaranteed to be hot cakes. If the chestnuts roast the right way for a game like this, then the foot will be in the door for European expansion, which will have to feature average teams as well as big teams just like in the current NBA

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
AUTOADVERT
TeamBall
Member: #4386

1/16/2013  11:23 AM
@FisolaNYDN: Guess who is sick again? That's right Tyson Chandler was held out of practice with the flu - 3 minutes ago
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
IronWillGiroud

1/16/2013  11:46 AM
TeamBall wrote:
@FisolaNYDN: Guess who is sick again? That's right Tyson Chandler was held out of practice with the flu - 3 minutes ago

Wow, what the hell is up with these guys, what are they eating

I haven't been sick since 1997 and I'm not a pro athlete,

they have access to the best of the best of everything, from nutrition to training to everything, and guys are catching the flu, smfh

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

1/16/2013  12:11 PM
IronWillGiroud wrote:
TeamBall wrote:

they have access to the best of the best of everything, from nutrition to training to everything, and guys are catching the flu, smfh

If you travel like they do(hot & cold climates) and interact with all the food handlers etc...

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
IronWillGiroud

1/16/2013  12:13 PM
playa2 wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
TeamBall wrote:

If you travel like they do(hot & cold climates) and interact with all the food handlers etc...

Come on man, I'm not a hermit. We all move about the world and interact with who-knows-what,

In my very humble opinion, it's 80% mental, you gotta have that edge that defeats illness before it has chance to take root.

IronWillGiroud

1/16/2013  12:17 PM
I'm gonna preempt any "it's not all mental" talk here,

people that live to see 100 years, what is the common thread? they don't dwell on things and let things slide off the proverbial duck's head; obviously, how the mind reacts has everything to do with how the body reacts

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/16/2013  2:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/16/2013  2:23 PM
NYKMentality wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

I'll agree to disagree once again in regards to the Brits deserve to be treated to a 'better game'. The Brit's should be thankful if anything, that two NBA franchises are travelling to their country in order to play an NBA basketball game. If someone gives you food with no water? Be thankful for the food and find your water.

Go Knicks.

Way to offend the people of England who post here. Makin Americans look bad man!

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/16/2013  2:25 PM
TeamBall wrote:

Woohoo the return of Flu Tyson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've been waiting so long!

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/16/2013  2:43 PM
IronWillGiroud wrote:I'm gonna preempt any "it's not all mental" talk here,

people that live to see 100 years, what is the common thread? they don't dwell on things and let things slide off the proverbial duck's head; obviously, how the mind reacts has everything to do with how the body reacts

And I am preempting any more ridiculousness of this sort. Please stop.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/16/2013  2:45 PM
Some people are just more susceptible to catching viruses etc. My daughter always got Strep Throat as a child, whereas her brothers didn't. I guess there's no accounting for a persons immune system. Not everyone died during epidemics of the past like the Spanish Flu etc. Heck there are people who are totally resistant to HIV so that should tell you something.
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
1/16/2013  2:48 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
TeamBall wrote:

Woohoo the return of Flu Tyson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've been waiting so long!

WTF is up with that. Can't he get a dam Flu shot? Always seems to catch the Flu at the wrong times of the season.

IronWillGiroud

1/16/2013  3:02 PM
martin wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:I'm gonna preempt any "it's not all mental" talk here,

And I am preempting any more ridiculousness of this sort. Please stop.

That's fair, you're right martin,

It's just that I'm so passionate about empowering the divine spirit we all embody, sometimes I get carried away,

IronWillGiroud

1/16/2013  3:02 PM
nixluva wrote:Some people are just more susceptible to catching viruses etc. My daughter always got Strep Throat as a child, whereas her brothers didn't. I guess there's no accounting for a persons immune system. Not everyone died during epidemics of the past like the Spanish Flu etc. Heck there are people who are totally resistant to HIV so that should tell you something.

I hear you

misterearl
Member: #799
USA
1/17/2013  7:49 AM
Tape Delay.

There is a six hour time difference, if the MSG broadcast is live at 7P EST that means the game is being played at 1AM London time.

once a knick always a knick
IronWillGiroud

1/17/2013  8:37 AM
misterearl wrote:Tape Delay.

There is a six hour time difference, if the MSG broadcast is live at 7P EST that means the game is being played at 1AM London time.

It's live at 4pm here, starts at 9 UK

DrAlphaeus
Alba Posts: 10
Member: #1781

1/17/2013  9:12 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/17/2013  9:14 AM
I remember telling someone in London when I lived there over a decade ago that my team was the Knicks.

They laughed. "Your team is named after pants, mate?"

Both "knicks" and "pants" refer to panties in the UK.

Hope the Knicks beat the pants off the Pistons!

Baba Booey 2016 — "It's Silly Season"
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/17/2013  9:23 AM
gunsnewing wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Go Knicks.

Way to offend the people of England who post here. Makin Americans look bad man!

Yes, please don't offend anyone with your posts. We, the people of the United States of Hegemon need to look better to the rest of the planet.

Take our money, guns and lawyers, please.

We need to always remember that the rest of the world hates the US by default, so we need to realize that we are the title provider for the world's entitlement issues.

Here's your McDonalds-level NBA game, and your free water as well. Our humblest apologies. Want cheese on your fries?

And that one Spice girl looked like a guy in drag anyway.

DrAlphaeus

1/17/2013  9:29 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/17/2013  9:29 AM
jrodmc wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Go Knicks.

Yes, please don't offend anyone with your posts. We, the people of the United States of Hegemon need to look better to the rest of the planet.

Take our money, guns and lawyers, please.

We need to always remember that the rest of the world hates the US by default, so we need to realize that we are the title provider for the world's entitlement issues.

Here's your McDonalds-level NBA game, and your free water as well. Our humblest apologies. Want cheese on your fries?

And that one Spice girl looked like a guy in drag anyway.

You better not be talking about Scary Spice. I will fight you, mate.

DrAlphaeus

1/17/2013  9:44 AM
gunsnewing wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Go Knicks.

God love the UK Knicks fan. Especially the ones who will admit at the pub they support a netball team named after knickers.

firefly
Alba Posts: 17
Member: #721
United Kingdom
1/17/2013  9:55 AM
IronWillGiroud wrote:
misterearl wrote:Tape Delay.

It's live at 4pm here, starts at 9 UK

The game starts at 8pm here, 3pm EST. 5 hour time difference. Per ESPN and my tickets.

Some men see things as they are and ask why. I dream things that never were and ask why not?
GAME THREAD SPECIAL EDITION: MELO GOES TO LONDON, DROPS MAD BUCKETS

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy