[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Crescent city Hornets coming to town, no more time to @#$* around!!
Author Thread
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

1/13/2013  2:30 PM
nixluva wrote:Can someone explain why this team continues to ignore Amar'e in point blank range in the paint game after game???
STAT almost never touches the ball and instead we get dumb 3's or contested 2's when they could be going inside!!! I thought Woody was gonna focus on getting more post ups in the low post this year!!!

Realx!!! Stat just got back and is getting his legs under him. Not to mention he's only averaging 20 mins per. He'll get more touches as the season progresses. BTW, we have seen him touch the ball some in the post and we've seen rush into his moves and either get blocked or miss because of balance. Its coming...

AUTOADVERT
CashMoney
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #3374
USA
1/13/2013  2:30 PM
Copemania with 22!
Blue & Orange 4 Life!
Clean
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #743
1/13/2013  2:31 PM
First game Stat did not have any defensive breakdowns. This alone should give him player of the game.
3G4G
Member: #4333

1/13/2013  2:31 PM
Veyr happy for Copeland's efficient and productive game....
DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

1/13/2013  2:32 PM
Copeland did well & I am excited about his aggressive play offensively he's a punch

however he scores and gives it up, he needs to keep working on his D' which is a sore spot again for everyone else
whom name isnt Tyson Chandler , Sheed OR I.Shumpert <excluded>. You can add Camby to that when he's feeling feel
at least he's thinking D when on the court.

Cant have only 2 knicks committed to D' in games
that is an issue that neither Woodson coaches OR woody has got a grip yet.

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

1/13/2013  2:33 PM
Copeland did well & I am excited about his aggressive play offensively he's a punch

however he scores and gives it up, he needs to keep working on his D' which is a sore spot again for everyone else
whom name isnt Tyson Chandler , Sheed OR I.Shumpert <excluded>. You can add Camby to that when he's feeling feel
at least he's thinking D when on the court.

Cant have only 2 knicks committed to D' in games
that is an issue that neither Woodson coaches OR woody has got a grip yet.

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

Game MVP = Prigi. He has done a good job on D and running the O. Need more of him handling the ball than Patch-Jr.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
I'm hoping Woody will stop ignoring Cope and let him stay in the mix more from here on out. Sometimes it just seems like he doesn't really trust Cope or something. When this kid gets minutes he produces.
Travla
Member: #723
USA
1/13/2013  2:36 PM
Shump on Thursday....if he's ready. Have a good day Knicks fans.
https://www.youtube.com/user/RPreston01/videos
nixluva
USA
1/13/2013  2:37 PM
Uptown wrote:
nixluva wrote:Can someone explain why this team continues to ignore Amar'e in point blank range in the paint game after game???
STAT almost never touches the ball and instead we get dumb 3's or contested 2's when they could be going inside!!! I thought Woody was gonna focus on getting more post ups in the low post this year!!!

Realx!!! Stat just got back and is getting his legs under him. Not to mention he's only averaging 20 mins per. He'll get more touches as the season progresses. BTW, we have seen him touch the ball some in the post and we've seen rush into his moves and either get blocked or miss because of balance. Its coming...

Yes, but they miss him WIDE OPEN in the paint WAY too often. There's no way Nash or CP3 would ignore a big in the paint unguarded the way the Knicks PG's and other players do. The pass has to come quicker when he's open and the defense is not set. This is why he's been one of the leagues highest efficiency players for his career. He's really not been getting those touches the last 2 years. I know he's working his way back, but if they got him more easy buckets that would help!!!

ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
1/13/2013  2:53 PM
Anyone know where I can catch a replay?
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
TeamBall
Member: #4386

1/13/2013  2:55 PM
ramtour420 wrote:Anyone know where I can catch a replay?

If you got MSG, it comes on again at 4

Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
1/13/2013  2:55 PM
Copeland>>>Novak

He probably saved this team in the first quarter and first half. I hope coach starts giving him20 minutes a night and let Novak get the scarps, because Novak can still hit his 3 or 4 threes in that time period without killing us in every other aspect of the game.

"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
GodSaveTheKnicks
Alba Posts: 21
Member: #1207
USA
1/13/2013  2:56 PM
nixluva wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Yes, but they miss him WIDE OPEN in the paint WAY too often. There's no way Nash or CP3 would ignore a big in the paint unguarded the way the Knicks PG's and other players do. The pass has to come quicker when he's open and the defense is not set. This is why he's been one of the leagues highest efficiency players for his career. He's really not been getting those touches the last 2 years. I know he's working his way back, but if they got him more easy buckets that would help!!!

i was actually yelling at the TV for players to get STAT the ball when he was wide open or covered by a guard. Oddly enough every time I did we'd hit a 3 anyway. haha

Let's try to elevate the level of discourse in this byeetch. Please
nixluva
USA
1/13/2013  3:12 PM
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Uptown wrote:

i was actually yelling at the TV for players to get STAT the ball when he was wide open or covered by a guard. Oddly enough every time I did we'd hit a 3 anyway. haha

Yeah part of the reason guys are getting open 3's is that the defense is a bit more spread out due to having STAT moving in the paint area. But they need to really establish him in there so that they can get even more open looks as well as more FT attempts for STAT. STAT is a guy that can get 8 or more FT's a game if you feed him often. That's efficient BB and you get into the penalty earlier.

RonRon
Member: #246
1/13/2013  3:22 PM
nixluva wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Yeah part of the reason guys are getting open 3's is that the defense is a bit more spread out due to having STAT moving in the paint area. But they need to really establish him in there so that they can get even more open looks as well as more FT attempts for STAT. STAT is a guy that can get 8 or more FT's a game if you feed him often. That's efficient BB and you get into the penalty earlier.

STAT must be surrounded by shooters and have player's that has the ability to penetrate as well
He is slower with injuries and not nearly the athlete that he once was
For STAT to be the effective player he once was on offense, he must play Center so he can use his speed vs most centers in the league, to space him out, ball movement/player movement/high IQ/unselfish basketball, and he must be a #1 option, having everyone play off his mismatch

With our roster, in order for STAT to be successful we will suffer DEFENSIVELY and with rebounds/shot blocking
When he play's PF, team's will always dare him to shoot, and not let Melo post up, *SAME with Kurt Thomas/Camby at PF*,

The team has changed on him along with his role and he has never once complained about it
STAT at PF with our roster is just not effective for the team with his defensive liability, especially if we have other mismatches along with STAT that are getting beat
There should not be more than 1 weak link DEFENSIVELY on the court together

ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
1/13/2013  4:01 PM
TeamBall wrote:

Thanks, unfortunately I don't have MSG. Was hoping for an online source

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

1/13/2013  4:15 PM
ramtour420 wrote:
TeamBall wrote:

Where is that guy that used to put up all the games, full versions??

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

1/13/2013  4:27 PM
MElo's been on a 15 day fast for spiritual reasons supposedly. Doesn't excuse not passing but does explain his exhausted look these past few games. He is not the first to fast while playing but it is interesting how players use so much energy and still fast.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/13/2013  4:45 PM
ramtour420 wrote:
TeamBall wrote:

There is a site called wiziwig that sometimes has replays. I haven't used it since twc and MSG resolved things.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Game Thread: Crescent city Hornets coming to town, no more time to @#$* around!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy