[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks need a Center? What is Nazr...chop liver?
Author Thread
TRU
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #196
USA
3/31/2004  12:45 PM
Posted by simrud:

A rebounder of his ability is invaluable. Just look at Ben Wallace.

No... seems to me like he was drawing a comparison between the two. And to call Sweetney invaluable is gross overstatement. Overstatement of sweetney's contributions was the point of me jumping on the thread.

Invaluable would mean that he's so good you can't even put a price on his head, meaning we wouldn't trade him for anybody. Dude is averaging like 3.5 rpg (impressive considering he's getting 10 minutes a-game). Invaluable? No.
Let it be known: I believe in the Knicks this year-- deep into the playoffs, I swear to you my brothers...
AUTOADVERT
TRU
USA
3/31/2004  12:48 PM
Posted by fishmike:

I DONT want that money used to get Sheed.. he's just too old and mental.

Now, this man is talking sense.

Sheed would have been exciting for the stretch run of this season. But making a long term commtiment to him would have been gross error. Player who are head cases when they're good are bigger head cases as their skills start to decline.
Let it be known: I believe in the Knicks this year-- deep into the playoffs, I swear to you my brothers...
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/31/2004  1:01 PM
TRU, Fish, let me get this straight. You would not want $5M worth of weed? Er, $5M MLE of Weed?
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
3/31/2004  2:11 PM
Posted by martin:

TRU, Fish, let me get this straight. You would not want $5M worth of weed? Er, $5M MLE of Weed?

LOL nice...
I'd take the former over the latter anyday!
LOL
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/31/2004  2:38 PM
Posted by martin:

no no no... If Isiah got Sheed for the MLE I would do cartwheels. He's a damn good player and can defend 3 positions. What I DONT want is Sheed for $17 mill wanting a $100 mill extension all because we got to the 2nd round in the playoffs.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TRU
USA
3/31/2004  5:45 PM
Ditto to Fish.

I wonder how the association is going to respond to his free agency.

One school of thought is that he's got talent, so many teams will compete for his service.

The other side is that the free agent market is deep enough that many teams may not want to deal with his reputation.

But for the MLE? Sign'em.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
4/1/2004  1:11 PM
If you would utilize reading comprehension of any kind the only message you would pick up from my post is that a great rebounder is very very important. And if you watched any of the Knicks games and saw Sweetney play you would see that he is just that. In March he is getting around 6rbs in 17 minutes. That is a lot. Nobody said he was Ben Wallace. I was giving an example of a playe who has no touch on offense and should not have the ball ever. In response to you posting that you don't want Sweetney with the ball. Nobody does at this point, but it obvious that you want him around the ball getting offensive boards.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/1/2004  1:34 PM
the thing with Sheed is his options are pretty limited. Our MLE isnt doing it but a sign and trade including cash isnt impossible. Nazr, Moochie, $3 mill and a #2 isnt that far fetched.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/1/2004  4:35 PM
Yeah, I just deleted a bunch of posts. Please everyone, no need to go straight to the gutter while making a point.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/1/2004  5:03 PM
I just don't see anyone Detroit would want. They don't even need Sheed....Sheed makes them legit though.

I was on real GM and I really couldn't figure out what Detroit would want in a sign and trade....Moochie and Nazr with money and a pick? If we had Sheed and he was gonna be a free agent would you do that sign and trade with Detroit? I seriously doubt it.

The only thing we have going for us is Westchester. Will Sheed's family absolutely fall in love with it? Will he walk away from a team that has Rip, Chancey, Ben, and a decent bench for a near max contract to play with Marbury for 5 mil? It's just too much of a pipe dream.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Knicks need a Center? What is Nazr...chop liver?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy