[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GAME THREAD, THE CHICAGO GAME RETURN OF MELO TONIGHT
Author Thread
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
1/11/2013  10:46 PM
From what I can see it's not what other teams are doing to the Knicks. It's all about what the Knicks aren't doing right and the limitations we have without Felton. I think we also miss Sheed on D. people underestimate how good he is as a team defender and calling out the D.

Overall I don't like how Woody has the team playing on offense either. Too much ISO stuff and not enough PnR, Curl plays and general ball movement. When this team was clicking they were really moving the ball. Also what does Woody have against Copeland? Why haven't they gone into the post with STAT more often? Just a lot of dumb BB.

AUTOADVERT
OGkush121
Member: #4392

1/11/2013  10:49 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/11/2013  10:50 PM
Makes you wonder when 2 out my 50 posts that are me trying to find a positive from all this and those are the 2 that are called out.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

1/11/2013  10:51 PM
OGkush121 wrote:Makes you wonder when 2 out my 50 posts that are me trying to find a positive from all this and those are the 2 that are called out.
let it go man
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
1/11/2013  10:54 PM
This team has no balls. They complain all the time and they never rise to to the challenge in front of them. They are acting like premodonnas and haven't accomplished anything. the fact that they are hinging the entire season on old players is enough to know that they won't win anything even in the playoffs because you almost know some of them won't be there when it does start.
OGkush121

1/11/2013  10:54 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:Makes you wonder when 2 out my 50 posts that are me trying to find a positive from all this and those are the 2 that are called out.
let it go man

you're all just too negative, that's what's pissing me off. (not singling you out by any means) and I'm not talking about just tonight, or this month even.
if this is how you are when you have a good team I'd hate to have come here years prior to now when the Knicks were absolute sh1t.

StarksEwing1

1/11/2013  10:57 PM
OGkush121 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
let it go man

you're all just too negative, that's what's pissing me off. (not singling you out by any means) and I'm not talking about just tonight, or this month even.
if this is how you are when you have a good team I'd hate to have come here years prior to now when the Knicks were absolute sh1t.

Being a little melodramatic. We arent too negative we are trying to be fair about what we have been seeing. i was ecstatic the first month because the Knicks played smart tough basketball despite injuries. they didnt turn the ball over and they played good defense. All those great qualities are gone now so people have a right to be upset
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/11/2013  11:00 PM
OGkush121 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
let it go man

Right now, it does not look like we have a good team. Hopefully that changes when or if players get healthy.
TeamBall
Member: #4386

1/11/2013  11:01 PM
nixluva wrote:From what I can see it's not what other teams are doing to the Knicks. It's all about what the Knicks aren't doing right and the limitations we have without Felton. I think we also miss Sheed on D. people underestimate how good he is as a team defender and calling out the D.

Overall I don't like how Woody has the team playing on offense either. Too much ISO stuff and not enough PnR, Curl plays and general ball movement. When this team was clicking they were really moving the ball. Also what does Woody have against Copeland? Why haven't they gone into the post with STAT more often? Just a lot of dumb BB.

I know we have no PG that can penetrate and dish and all that, but theres no excuse for having barely any plays outside of some sets that only involve isoing Melo. There were points that we only ran screens to free him up so he can get the ball and iso. There can still be ball movement without Felton.

Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
OGkush121

1/11/2013  11:03 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
let it go man

Being a little melodramatic. We arent too negative we are trying to be fair about what we have been seeing. i was ecstatic the first month because the Knicks played smart tough basketball despite injuries. they didnt turn the ball over and they played good defense. All those great qualities are gone now so people have a right to be upset
according to your judgment of what "fair" is.
it's subjective up to a point.
and besides, I also posted a lot about what bothers me, etc. Just wanted to change the tune a bit, it's not ALL bad, we're still (barely) 2nd in the East. And atleast it's not our full team that's losing like this.
StarksEwing1

1/11/2013  11:07 PM
OGkush121 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
let it go man

and besides, I also posted a lot about what bothers me, etc. Just wanted to change the tune a bit, it's not ALL bad, we're still (barely) 2nd in the East. And atleast it's not our full team that's losing like this.
you obviously didnt understand. I never said the knicks are doomed. I simply am being honest about the problems we are currently having. Certainly they can be corrected and when we get felton and shump back it will help. Just because im being critical doesnt mean im always "negative"
OGkush121

1/11/2013  11:09 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
let it go man

you obviously didnt understand. I never said the knicks are doomed. I simply am being honest about the problems we are currently having. Certainly they can be corrected and when we get felton and shump back it will help. Just because im being critical doesnt mean im always "negative"
I pointed out those problems too, yet I'm able to take something else away from the game as well.
and I'll say it again, I wasn't singling you out by any means, I don't follow your every post, I was making a general observation about what I'm seeing on here.
StarksEwing1

1/11/2013  11:11 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/11/2013  11:12 PM
OGkush121 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
let it go man

I pointed out those problems too, yet I'm able to take something else away from the game as well.
and I'll say it again, I wasn't singling you out by any means, I don't follow your every post, I was making a general observation about what I'm seeing on here.
well you should be more clear because it sounded like you were singling me out. Im actually pretty positive most of the time but im not afraid to call the team out when they are playing bad
OGkush121

1/11/2013  11:17 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
let it go man

well you should be more clear because it sounded like you were singling me out. Im actually pretty positive most of the time but im not afraid to call the team out when they are playing bad

Are you serious? Check the 3rd post in this quote (my 2nd).

StarksEwing1

1/11/2013  11:18 PM
OGkush121 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
let it go man

Are you serious? Check the 3rd post in this quote (my 2nd).

relax im just messing around i understand what you meant
smackeddog
Member: #883
1/11/2013  11:26 PM
Hope Feltons pinky heals quickly, we are missing him badly.
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
1/11/2013  11:33 PM
dk7th wrote:my keys to a knick victory:

carmelo shoots no more than 18 shots but gets to the line 11-12 times. ju-jitsu the defensive aggression. ball and head fakes melo and no offensive fouls.

smith shoots no more than 14 shots, gets to the line 7-8 times, and collects 5 assists.

novak gets 4 good looks from 3

prigioni gets 8+ assists

make boozer have a typical fool's gold game.

limit noah's offensive rebounds to 2 or less

carmelo 32 fga 9fta
j smith 17 fga 4fta
novak 2-3 3 pointers
prigioni 8 assists
boozer 43%FG 6-14 6fta 6reb 2ast is a good game for him not fool's gold
joakim noah had 2 offensive rebounds

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
smackeddog
Member: #883
1/12/2013  5:00 AM
The only good thing to come out of this game:

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/12/2013  7:39 AM
Little Nathan responded on twitter
sebstar
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #249
USA
1/12/2013  9:33 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/12/2013  9:37 AM
Vmart wrote:This team has no balls. They complain all the time and they never rise to to the challenge in front of them. They are acting like premodonnas and haven't accomplished anything. the fact that they are hinging the entire season on old players is enough to know that they won't win anything even in the playoffs because you almost know some of them won't be there when it does start.

this is absurd. talk about hyperbole. Ny is overrated as a smart, sports city with passionate fans. A lot of fans are just dycks.

My saliva and spit can split thread into fiber and bits/ So trust me I'm as live as it gets. --Royce Da 5'9 + DJ Premier = Hip Hop Utopia
sebstar
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #249
USA
1/12/2013  9:33 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
let it go man

Right now, it does not look like we have a good team. Hopefully that changes when or if players get healthy.

namely our starting pg

My saliva and spit can split thread into fiber and bits/ So trust me I'm as live as it gets. --Royce Da 5'9 + DJ Premier = Hip Hop Utopia
GAME THREAD, THE CHICAGO GAME RETURN OF MELO TONIGHT

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy