[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GAME THREAD: KNICKS @ PACERS 8 PM TNT - Time to Start Another Winning Streak
Author Thread
Clean
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #743
1/10/2013  10:55 PM
1. Kidd is no longer a consistant starting PG
2. We miss felton even with his bruised hands bricking shots.
AUTOADVERT
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
1/10/2013  10:56 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
Clean wrote:Thx Melo for helping uslose 2 games because 'there are some things you don't say to another man'. With Camby out,Sheed out and Amare restricted we need KMart more than ever.

This

I ain't signing up for another old dog. We need a a young player.

MSG3
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #2476
USA
1/10/2013  10:57 PM
Clean wrote:1. Kidd is no longer a consistant starting PG
2. We miss felton even with his bruised hands bricking shots.

Yes. I live and die with every game also, but think about who we're missing. We'll be just fine. I wasn't all that impressed with Indy to be honest.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/10/2013  10:57 PM
on a positive side Brewer is in the doghouse. Welcome back Shump!
gunsnewing
USA
1/10/2013  10:58 PM
Anji wrote:This sux, the piling on is unreal right now. Knicks need a good win streak.

been sayin that for a few weeks

gunsnewing
USA
1/10/2013  10:59 PM
Vmart wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Clean wrote:Thx Melo for helping uslose 2 games because 'there are some things you don't say to another man'. With Camby out,Sheed out and Amare restricted we need KMart more than ever.

This

I ain't signing up for another old dog. We need a a young player.

my bad i meant the Melo part

NYDiva
Member: #4387

1/10/2013  11:01 PM
I agree with that, playa. The team badly misses Felton.

Someone said to not use the injury excuse. The problem with the Knicks isn't just injury, it's age. The players who are getting hurt are old/injury-prone. The players who are coming off the bench or filling in for those guys are old.

When the team is relatively healthy - and I mean the team that began the season with only Shump & Amar'e on the shelf - it looks like a good team with a lot of depth.

But guys have gone down and continue to go down - and what we have left is Melo for scoring; Tyson for rebounding D; JR for scoring off the bench; bunch of old/slow guys.

Because the Knicks are injury-prone, this team is actually poorly constructed. We should have YOUTH to fill holes off the bench, not 38, 39, 40 year olds.

If the team ever gets healthy and plays the kind of defense they did to start the season, I think it could truly be a contender. Til then, they'll be a work in progress.

Clean
Member: #743
1/10/2013  11:08 PM
gunsnewing wrote:on a positive side Brewer is in the doghouse. Welcome back Shump!

Brewer needs to go home so we can bring KMart.

Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
1/10/2013  11:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/10/2013  11:10 PM
NYDiva wrote:We would have more than likely won this game with Melo, which is kind of frustrating.

And JR showed tonight why he shouldn't start. He is great off the bench but when the O focuses on him too much, he goes into straight Chucky Smith mode. Not pretty.

I REEEEALLY hope Camby is okay. Love our frontline when he and Tyson are together. They play much better defense and they can board. Without Camby, we're at a loss for a rebound, especially against a good defensive team like the Pacers.

How does tonight show why JR shouldn't start??? This is basically the reason why Woody wants him off the bench, to be the Focus of the offense.
"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
1/10/2013  11:10 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:jr smith with the fool's gold game. is this what we can expect in the playoffs from him. terrible

Well hopefully in the playoffs, we wont be so depleted that he has to handle the ball 99% of the time

Woah. JR has been playing the best ball of his career. Why so negative?

he's a friggin complimentary piece that has to play as the number one option because of the injuries/suspension... he's making a pittance...

but to answer your question, Melo ain't playing, so people have to **** on someone

when you are thrust into the "first option" of the offense taking 29 shots is not the way to get things done. there's passing and there's drawing fouls and getting to the line. money has nothing to do with it. is 29 shots okay?

the team put up a pretty good fight defensively but chucking is a very effective demoralizer.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
NYDiva

1/10/2013  11:14 PM
dk7th wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:jr smith with the fool's gold game. is this what we can expect in the playoffs from him. terrible

Well hopefully in the playoffs, we wont be so depleted that he has to handle the ball 99% of the time

Woah. JR has been playing the best ball of his career. Why so negative?

he's a friggin complimentary piece that has to play as the number one option because of the injuries/suspension... he's making a pittance...

but to answer your question, Melo ain't playing, so people have to **** on someone

when you are thrust into the "first option" of the offense taking 29 shots is not the way to get things done. there's passing and there's drawing fouls and getting to the line. money has nothing to do with it. is 29 shots okay?

the team put up a pretty good fight defensively but chucking is a very effective demoralizer.

Don't agree with you much, but I agree here.

gunsnewing
USA
1/10/2013  11:15 PM
JR is perfect in his role. He will not be here next year someone will overpay. Should never have JR run the offense. Should've learned from last year verses Miami
NYDiva

1/10/2013  11:20 PM
Anji wrote:
NYDiva wrote:We would have more than likely won this game with Melo, which is kind of frustrating.

And JR showed tonight why he shouldn't start. He is great off the bench but when the O focuses on him too much, he goes into straight Chucky Smith mode. Not pretty.

I REEEEALLY hope Camby is okay. Love our frontline when he and Tyson are together. They play much better defense and they can board. Without Camby, we're at a loss for a rebound, especially against a good defensive team like the Pacers.

How does tonight show why JR shouldn't start??? This is basically the reason why Woody wants him off the bench, to be the Focus of the offense.

You missed or decided not to pay attention to the "TOO MUCH" part of my post. It's fine if he is the focal part of the offense off the bench. But JR as a first option for offense is problematic due to how erratic he can be. And he will just continue chucking, regardless of whether he has it or not.

He's had a good season to this point - but he is right where he should be on this team. Off the bench.

JamesKPolk
Member: #4093

1/10/2013  11:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/10/2013  11:41 PM
When this team loses the 3 ball they are dead in the water. The Pacers have taken away the 3 from NY.

Every good defense (Celtics, Bulls, Grizzlies, Pacers) has figured them out. Teams have a blueprint now. The Heat will take notice, if they haven't already.

The Knicks are one dimensional, even with Felton and Carmelo.

It's not about winning and losing...pay attention to the matchups with teams like the Pacers, Bulls, Grizzlies and Celtics. It's the same script in every game. We lose the 3, we lose the game.

We can win 60 games but we need to figure out how to counter these defenses or else that wont matter.

"Peace, plenty, and contentment reign throughout our borders, and our beloved country presents a sublime moral spectacle to the world." - James K Polk
Anji
USA
1/10/2013  11:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/10/2013  11:45 PM
NYDiva wrote:
Anji wrote:

You missed or decided not to pay attention to the "TOO MUCH" part of my post. It's fine if he is the focal part of the offense off the bench. But JR as a first option for offense is problematic due to how erratic he can be. And he will just continue chucking, regardless of whether he has it or not.

He's had a good season to this point - but he is right where he should be on this team. Off the bench.

That makes zero sense.

If Jr starts the offense won't focus on him at all. He is the first option off the bench, this is empty reasoning, what you say you don't want happens more if he is coming off the bench with Priggy, Novak, Copeland as the other ball handlers. Tonight was a rough night,but is no reason to take digs at JR that are actually backwards.

"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
Anji
USA
1/10/2013  11:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/10/2013  11:46 PM
It's not like JR doesn't play about 35 minutes a night already. If you really didn't want him to be the number 1 option, the best way would be to actually play him with players who are better options no???
NYDiva

1/10/2013  11:51 PM
JR was 10-29 tonight. JR kept chucking away when he absolutely did not have it. JR's play was detrimental to the team tonight. So I have every reason to be critical of him. He is certainly not above this.

Having him come off the bench keeps him in the 'energizer/instant offense' role that usually works for the team. He can be the focus of the offense vs an opponent's second unit and score off of those guys. But he should not be starting - he is too erratic & still lacks the discipline to make smarter decisions offensively when his shot is off. Thankfully, it appears that Woodson agrees with me.

gunsnewing
USA
1/10/2013  11:53 PM
NYDiva wrote:JR was 10-29 tonight. JR kept chucking away when he absolutely did not have it. JR's play was detrimental to the team tonight. So I have every reason to be critical of him. He is certainly not above this.

Having him come off the bench keeps him in the 'energizer/instant offense' role that usually works for the team. He can be the focus of the offense vs an opponent's second unit and score off of those guys. But he should not be starting - he is too erratic & still lacks the discipline to make smarter decisions offensively when his shot is off. Thankfully, it appears that Woodson agrees with me.

Really? Woodspn said JR took good shots. He allowed Smith to run the offense. I think Woodson's offensive philosophy is part of the problem

Anji
USA
1/11/2013  12:00 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/11/2013  12:02 AM
Woody doesn't agree with you, he wants the offense to run through JR's hands every second Melo is off the court. You can call it "energizer/instant offense" or what ever, but JR spends about 15 minutes as the top gun in ever game we play.

To say that he is too erratic to be that guy, while he every game for about a quarter and anytime we are without Melo (injury/foul/spen) is speaking out both sides off your mouth.

He would be better living off of the play off Melo and our pick and roll IMO. That would be the 3rd option.

NYDiva

1/11/2013  12:04 AM
gunsnewing wrote:
NYDiva wrote:JR was 10-29 tonight. JR kept chucking away when he absolutely did not have it. JR's play was detrimental to the team tonight. So I have every reason to be critical of him. He is certainly not above this.

Really? Woodspn said JR took good shots. He allowed Smith to run the offense. I think Woodson's offensive philosophy is part of the problem

Yet he keeps him on the bench. Seems to think he best belongs there. Which means he agrees with me, no? If he didn't, he'd be starting JR. Seems like simple enough logic.

GAME THREAD: KNICKS @ PACERS 8 PM TNT - Time to Start Another Winning Streak

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy