playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

1/10/2013  10:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/10/2013  10:47 PM
nycisgreat wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
nycisgreat wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
nycisgreat wrote:Woodson is doing absolutely bad job with Novak. He has absolutely zero schemes for Novak to get up shoots.

He just wants a decoy

Lol, decoy to do what? To play 5 on 4. He is the best shooter out there, and it looks like they are chucking the hell out of him. JR needs to stop shooting. He is completely off his game tonight.

Having Novak in the game means one defender is always on him at all times. Keeps one guy out the paint and makes just a tad easier for penetration. I disagree with it but it looks like Woodson has no intentions of drawing plays for him.

Lol, is that how you see it. I don't. I take it that he doesn't know how to design plays for him to get Novak shots. The bulls and Spurs had many plays to get Steve Kerr.

-

Kerr was a guard he could shoot off the dribble, Novak has to be set to get a good shot off, this isn't debatable anymore.

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
AUTOADVERT
GodSaveTheKnicks
Alba Posts: 21
Member: #1207
USA
1/10/2013  10:46 PM
TeamBall wrote:
nycisgreat wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
nycisgreat wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
nycisgreat wrote:Woodson is doing absolutely bad job with Novak. He has absolutely zero schemes for Novak to get up shoots.

He just wants a decoy

Lol, decoy to do what? To play 5 on 4. He is the best shooter out there, and it looks like they are chucking the hell out of him. JR needs to stop shooting. He is completely off his game tonight.

Having Novak in the game means one defender is always on him at all times. Keeps one guy out the paint and makes just a tad easier for penetration. I disagree with it but it looks like Woodson has no intentions of drawing plays for him.

Lol, is that how you see it. I don't. I take it that he doesn't know how to design plays for him to get Novak shots. The bulls and Spurs had many plays to get Steve Kerr.

I could be wrong. But Ive seen plays where Woody has Melo come off screens. Hell, even last year Novak had Jeffries set him off ball screens (though that coulda been Jeffries doing that on his own). Every time this is mentioned in the post game though, Wally just chalks it up to Novak not being aggressive

really likeed that play where Prigs/Kurt Thomas ran the pick n roll and Tyson set a backpick to free up Novak simultaneously.

Once we're healthy the starters can run that play with

Felton/Melo with Tyson setting the backpick

Or the 2nd unit runs that with

Kidd/Pablo doing PnR with STAT and Sheed setting that backpick for Novak

Let's try to elevate the level of discourse in this byeetch. Please
DJMUSIC
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1283

Sh_t
Dirty Kurty Thomas had a better all around game than every single knickerbocker tonite vs Pacers

Dirty Kurty should earn some time vs BULLs tomorrow with his ole' self, since Knicks losers of 4 of 6

have shown zip, zilch confidence in getting anything useful done on defensive side of the ball.

Disappointed
Teams has adjusted to NY & NY hasnt yet adjusted to rest of nba.

Dont wanna hear any garble about knick injuries its NO excuse & its lame

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
TeamBall wrote:
nycisgreat wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
nycisgreat wrote:
TeamBall wrote:

He just wants a decoy

I could be wrong. But Ive seen plays where Woody has Melo come off screens. Hell, even last year Novak had Jeffries set him off ball screens (though that coulda been Jeffries doing that on his own). Every time this is mentioned in the post game though, Wally just chalks it up to Novak not being aggressive

Yep Jeffries screens and Lin's constant penetration and kick

NYDiva
Member: #4387

We would have more than likely won this game with Melo, which is kind of frustrating.

And JR showed tonight why he shouldn't start. He is great off the bench but when the O focuses on him too much, he goes into straight Chucky Smith mode. Not pretty.

I REEEEALLY hope Camby is okay. Love our frontline when he and Tyson are together. They play much better defense and they can board. Without Camby, we're at a loss for a rebound, especially against a good defensive team like the Pacers.

gunsnewing
USA
1/10/2013  10:47 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
nycisgreat wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
nycisgreat wrote:
TeamBall wrote:

He just wants a decoy

I think the Knicks could have used size in place of Novak. Kurt or Marcus might have impacted the game more. This loss sucked but glad Kurt and camby were on the floor.

Camby is injured

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

playa2 wrote:
nycisgreat wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
nycisgreat wrote:
TeamBall wrote:

He just wants a decoy

-

Kerr was a guard he could shoot off the dribble, Novak has to be set to get a good sht off, this isn't debatable anymore.

the typical rules of logic don't apply here

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

The Knicks are starting to fall apart. Thank god we got off to an epic start of the season but we have been prett mediore for close to a month now. I dont make excuses about injuries because every team has tough injuries
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

1/10/2013  10:48 PM
Tyson really sucks the life out of an offense. He needs to do something other than Pick and tap back.
Clean
Member: #743
1/10/2013  10:48 PM
Thx Melo for helping uslose 2 games because 'there are some things you don't say to another man'. With Camby out,Sheed out and Amare restricted we need KMart more than ever.
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

1/10/2013  10:49 PM
NYDiva wrote:We would have more than likely won this game with Melo, which is kind of frustrating.
We would have won if Felton played and made the pacers mess up in their assignments with penetration.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
SupremeCommander

1/10/2013  10:50 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:Tyson really sucks the life out of an offense. He needs to do something other than Pick and tap back.

he is what he is - makes absolutely zero sense to be mad or disappointed or whatever because he's not Moses Malone

smackeddog
Member: #883
yellowboy90 wrote:I put this game on Woodson. His lineups sucked. SHould have played WHite and not stuck with NOvak. Also needed to move Kidd and Jr off the ball earlier in the 4th.

Look at our roster for this game for a minute- did you honestly expect us to win?

MSG3
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #2476
USA
Pretty much what I expected this game. Look on the bright side....we scored 1 less point than Miami did at full strength against Indy. We shot horribly, no Melo, STATs corpse....I'm still comfortable with this team at 100%.

Only 5 games in for Stat. Still need to be patient but I'm worried that his J is never coming back. That will destroy his game.

Please come back soon Shump, Felton, Sheed...KMart?

SupremeCommander

1/10/2013  10:51 PM
MSG3 wrote:Pretty much what I expected this game. Look on the bright side....we scored 1 less point than Miami did at full strength against Indy. We shot horribly, no Melo, STATs corpse....I'm still comfortable with this team at 100%.

Only 5 games in for Stat. Still need to be patient but I'm worried that his J is never coming back. That will destroy his game.

omfg - a sensible post!

gunsnewing
USA
1/10/2013  10:51 PM
Clean wrote:Thx Melo for helping uslose 2 games because 'there are some things you don't say to another man'. With Camby out,Sheed out and Amare restricted we need KMart more than ever.

This

gunsnewing
USA
1/10/2013  10:53 PM
MSG3 wrote:Pretty much what I expected this game. Look on the bright side....we scored 1 less point than Miami did at full strength against Indy. We shot horribly, no Melo, STATs corpse....I'm still comfortable with this team at 100%.

Amare's jump shot will be the last thing to come back. Focus on Defense, rebounding and finishing around the rim for now

TheRealist
Member: #3971

1/10/2013  10:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/10/2013  10:54 PM
Potentially no Camby and Amar'e tomorrow so the Knicks are going to have their work cut out for them.
Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
1/10/2013  10:54 PM
This sux, the piling on is unreal right now. Knicks need a good win streak.
"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
1/10/2013  10:55 PM
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:jr smith with the fool's gold game. is this what we can expect in the playoffs from him. terrible

Well hopefully in the playoffs, we wont be so depleted that he has to handle the ball 99% of the time

Woah. JR has been playing the best ball of his career. Why so negative?

he is not a good defender. i don't know how anyone could get that impression.

he is out of control and undisciplined.

29 shots and only 5 trips to the line tonight. that is a terrible ratio but for his career his fga/fta ratio is out of whack as it stands at 4.4:1. that means that for every free throw attempt he makes he takes 4.4 shots.

at least melo's career ratio is a respectable 2.5:1, although this year that ratio has gone up to 2.73:1 which is less than mediocre. durant 2.3:1 and lebron 2.3:1. pierce and ginobili each 2.2:1. these are playoff caliber ratios for wings... 4.4:1 is decidedly not.

best ball of smith's career won't translate to championship-caliber basketball.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
GAME THREAD: KNICKS @ PACERS 8 PM TNT - Time to Start Another Winning Streak

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy