GodSaveTheKnicks
Alba Posts: 21
Member: #1207
USA
1/7/2013  8:30 PM
Clean wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:terrible help D by Melo.

dunno if it's what Woody teaches but it seems like Melo is not making any effort to get over screens and is content to just switch and leave a guard with a mismatch in the post. confused...

and just happened again

I want that switch now. If not for the switch Melo would be guarding PP. I don't want that with 2 fouls already on melo.

I guess that makese sense since Melo has 2 fouls.

Let's try to elevate the level of discourse in this byeetch. Please
NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

1/7/2013  8:32 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:
tkf wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
tkf wrote:I am so happy amare is back... I always liked watching him play... one of the few, very few on this team....

yup. pretty to watch

I was a fan of his since his HS days, i cursed the knicks when we didn't draft him... and of course the dreaded dice trade.... I followed amare the day he stepped in phoenix... I hated that he wasn't in a knicks uniform.. we finally get him and he comes in playing all world... then the injuries... man that just sucks!!!!!!!!!!

I hope he can regain most of the amare of old, although that may be wishful thinking.... I always felt that this team would be better run through him, but that is another topic and I don't want to derail.. just happy to see him back..

I was being sarcastic Sorry!

He was a great player out of high school and I wanted him too.

However, even you should be able to admit that he has been a big FAIL here and it was an awful signing.

Does not mean that he is not talented and that he is not unselfish. He is just brittle.

A big "fail"? Wrong. We've yet to miss the postseason since landing Amar'e Stoudemire. Maybe you missed 2010-2011 where Stoudemire took our team on his back, and led our franchise to the postseason for the first time in what felt like forever. Maybe you missed the part where Amar'e set a franchise record for consecutive games of 30+ points. Maybe you missed the part where Melo forced his way our of Denver in order to compete alongside Stoudemire moving forward.

A complete failure? Due to getting hurt? Wrong. That's basketball, and injuries DO happen in sports.

NYKMentality

1/7/2013  8:33 PM
J.R Smith!

We call him J.R 'that dude' Smith here in our household. Don't ask me why, but we just call him J.R 'that dude' Smith!

GodSaveTheKnicks
USA
Hate and respect for Paul Pierce
Clean
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #743
Why are we doubling PP with brewer on him in the post? I thought brewer was a good defender? He should be able to stop him or at least make him work hard. That double team put us out of position for the rebound and cost us a damn 3.
FoeDiddy
Member: #2350

1/7/2013  8:34 PM
TeamBall wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:terrible help D by Melo.

dunno if it's what Woody teaches but it seems like Melo is not making any effort to get over screens and is content to just switch and leave a guard with a mismatch in the post. confused...

Woodson is a fan of switching

I think he is a fan of smart switching..not switching for mismatches. I rarely see the D'Antoni 6 ft guard on 7 ft center switch LOL

TeamBall
Member: #4386

1/7/2013  8:34 PM
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:Hate and respect for Paul Pierce

My hate greatly outweighs my respect for him. Him bowing at center court really got to me

Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
ScoreBot
1/7/2013  8:35 PM
2nd Qtr 3:26
NYK 47 BOS 41
NYKMentality

1/7/2013  8:35 PM
Clean wrote:Why are we doubling PP with brewer on him in the post? I thought brewer was a good defender? He should be able to stop him or at least make him work hard. That double team put us out of position for the rebound and cost us a damn 3.

Brewer is a strong defender when 100% healthy, very strong at that, but that doesn't change the fact that Pierce is a great scorer and demands double teams especially when Rondo's out. But yea, we need to mix it up, can't double Pierce too often.

NYKMentality

1/7/2013  8:37 PM
I'll tell you what, speaking of Brewer; he really loves those corner 3's.
GodSaveTheKnicks
USA
1/7/2013  8:37 PM
love the ball movement
GodSaveTheKnicks
USA
1/7/2013  8:38 PM
NYKMentality wrote:I'll tell you what, speaking of Brewer; he really loves those corner 3's.

needs to hit those to justify staying on the floor. teams gave been roaming off of brewer and gumming up the paint

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

Smith might the best right now at moving the ball around and finding the open man.
Clean
We need melo out of the game right now.
mrKnickShot
Alba Posts: 16
Member: #3553

NYKMentality wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
tkf wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
tkf wrote:I am so happy amare is back... I always liked watching him play... one of the few, very few on this team....

yup. pretty to watch

I was a fan of his since his HS days, i cursed the knicks when we didn't draft him... and of course the dreaded dice trade.... I followed amare the day he stepped in phoenix... I hated that he wasn't in a knicks uniform.. we finally get him and he comes in playing all world... then the injuries... man that just sucks!!!!!!!!!!

I hope he can regain most of the amare of old, although that may be wishful thinking.... I always felt that this team would be better run through him, but that is another topic and I don't want to derail.. just happy to see him back..

However, even you should be able to admit that he has been a big FAIL here and it was an awful signing.

Does not mean that he is not talented and that he is not unselfish. He is just brittle.

A big "fail"? Wrong. We've yet to miss the postseason since landing Amar'e Stoudemire. Maybe you missed 2010-2011 where Stoudemire took our team on his back, and led our franchise to the postseason for the first time in what felt like forever. Maybe you missed the part where Amar'e set a franchise record for consecutive games of 30+ points. Maybe you missed the part where Melo forced his way our of Denver in order to compete alongside Stoudemire moving forward.

A complete failure? Due to getting hurt? Wrong. That's basketball, and injuries DO happen in sports.

Really? Injuries do happen? Ya mean it just effin happened? Nobody saw any of this coming right? No red flags? Signs? LMFAO

Yes I remember 2010-11 where he had a good first have a no showed in the second half and playoffs. Year 2? Funny. Year 3? Funnier.

Do you actually think that Melo would not have come here if not for Amare? Please! Melo came for max money. If not here then he goes to NJ. He is no saint.

So Stat was just a great signing because he brought Melo? That position is more sad than comical.

ScoreBot
1/7/2013  8:40 PM
2nd Qtr 1:45
NYK 51 BOS 45
Clean
Pleas woody get melo out of the game! We can not afford a 3rd foul.
NYKMentality

mrKnickShot wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
tkf wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:

yup. pretty to watch

Really? Injuries do happen? Ya mean it just effin happened? Nobody saw any of this coming right? No red flags? Signs? LMFAO

Yes I remember 2010-11 where he had a good first have a no showed in the second half and playoffs. Year 2? Funny. Year 3? Funnier.

Do you actually think that Melo would not have come here if not for Amare? Please! Melo came for max money. If not here then he goes to NJ. He is no saint.

So Stat was just a great signing because he brought Melo? That position is more sad than comical.

Amar'e Stoudemire completely changed the entire culture of our Knicks franchise moving forward. From day 1. We've yet to miss the postseason since landing Amar'e.

GodSaveTheKnicks
USA
1/7/2013  8:41 PM
Clean wrote:Pleas woody get melo out of the game! We can not afford a 3rd foul.

agree. also avery bradley is a frikkin pitbull on D

GAME THREAD: Knicks vs The Lovely Celtics 7.30pm 1/7

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy