[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GAME THREAD: Knicks vs The Lovely Celtics 7.30pm 1/7
Author Thread
3G4G
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4333

1/7/2013  10:25 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
jazz74 wrote:hope this isnt a year that boston has our number and screw with us mentally like a couple of years ago. they beat us without their best player!
we are mentally soft. Memphis Bulls and now the celtics have all gotten into our heads and we have lost every time

As did the Rockets.......Zero Composure and it usually starts with one particular player losing his cool.

We have the Pacers next and they are another potential mind fudge team for us.

AUTOADVERT
TheRealist
Member: #3971

1/7/2013  10:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/7/2013  10:28 PM
dk7th wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:At the end of the night Boston's still 6 full games back of N.Y.

Loses happen in the NBA, that's basketball for the clueless one's.

Off to make some dinner for the family while the likes of TKF run wild and celebrate our loss.

23-11. Still 2nd place of the entire Eastern Conference.

Now go cry me a river negative critics.

you still don't get it: it's not THAT you lose it's HOW you lose.... just like it's not THAT you win it's HOW you win.

They lost by 6 points despite an awful shooting night from the 2nd leading scorer in the league.

FoeDiddy
Member: #2350

1/7/2013  10:26 PM
nycisgreat wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Hersports85 wrote:
FoeDiddy wrote:I think we were up for the challenge tonight..we just lost. Sometimes you just lose with no blame. Celtics play'd extremely hard and the refs let both teams play. Pierce hit some tough shots and Melo didn't. He might have been fouled on some of those shots but he was playing so emotional and reckless the refs weren't gonna call that. Amare looked good on offense which was encouraging. We definitely missed Felton in a game like this. If not only to get the ball up in a quick manner. Prigs was brutal.

Good post.

I dont really agree the knicks were pretty sloppy at times. woody left novak in there every time we had a lead and then the lead evaporated. the defense once again let us down

+10

I never said they weren't sloppy. I said they were up for the challenge. Two different things. Knicks were sloppy because of Celtics backcourt pressure. The other team sometimes has something to do with failures. I do think Woody had a poor game. One in leaving Novak in too long. He should have had Copeland in there who did soem nice things defensively in the first half. And two by not calming the team down when they started getting emotional. He can't be one of the guys in that moment. Same way he reacted in the Memphis game. Even if Refs are killing you..you can't make it seem to your team that it's the refs fault you are losing.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

1/7/2013  10:26 PM
Clean wrote:
TeamBall wrote:C'mon Melo...waiting outside the Celtics locker room?

LOL, melo was farther gone mentally than I expected.

let's hope Melo marinates on that and comes sharp and ruthless if/when the Knicks and Celtics cross paths in April/May

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
3G4G
Member: #4333

1/7/2013  10:27 PM
Clean wrote:

If he did he's getting suspended Zach Randolph waiting for Kendrick Perkins style.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

1/7/2013  10:27 PM
FoeDiddy wrote:
nycisgreat wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Hersports85 wrote:
FoeDiddy wrote:I think we were up for the challenge tonight..we just lost. Sometimes you just lose with no blame. Celtics play'd extremely hard and the refs let both teams play. Pierce hit some tough shots and Melo didn't. He might have been fouled on some of those shots but he was playing so emotional and reckless the refs weren't gonna call that. Amare looked good on offense which was encouraging. We definitely missed Felton in a game like this. If not only to get the ball up in a quick manner. Prigs was brutal.

Good post.

I dont really agree the knicks were pretty sloppy at times. woody left novak in there every time we had a lead and then the lead evaporated. the defense once again let us down

+10

I never said they weren't sloppy. I said they were up for the challenge. Two different things. Knicks were sloppy because of Celtics backcourt pressure. The other team sometimes has something to do with failures. I do think Woody had a poor game. One in leaving Novak in too long. He should have had Copeland in there who did soem nice things defensively in the first half. And two by not calming the team down when they started getting emotional. He can't be one of the guys in that moment. Same way he reacted in the Memphis game. Even if Refs are killing you..you can't make it seem to your team that it's the refs fault you are losing.

Boston was missing rondo so the knicks should have won this game
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/7/2013  10:28 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
Clean wrote:

let's hope Melo marinates on that and comes sharp and ruthless if/when the Knicks and Celtics cross paths in April/May

Me too, sometimes players wake up when they get pissed but Melo really lost it this time.

SupremeCommander

1/7/2013  10:28 PM
dk7th wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:I can't wait for Paul Pierce to retire

i love his game. he is the truth.

he's a world class talent and a HOFer - but you love his game? and you call yourself a Knicks fan? did you also love Reggie Miller's game? Alonzo Mourning's? smdh

FoeDiddy

1/7/2013  10:30 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
FoeDiddy wrote:
nycisgreat wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Hersports85 wrote:

Good post.

+10

that means nothing. Celtics still have a formidable team. Celtics were playing like garbage with Rondo minus Bradley. The difference in this game was Bradley's disruption on defense. There are few "should have won" type games in the NBA. It's all about matchups. This isn't Playstation.

dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
1/7/2013  10:30 PM

unfortunately melo lacks poise. that's going to be an issue come playoff time-- his lack of poise.

mr. frazier says that pierce is never in a hurry. i wish that can be said of melo. too many heat check shots in his game. against stiff defense he's liable to become unraveled like tonight.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
SupremeCommander

1/7/2013  10:32 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Clean wrote:

Me too, sometimes players wake up when they get pissed but Melo really lost it this time.

not disagreeing - just hoping when he gains some distance he gains some composure and uses it as fuel moving forward.

I said it before and I'll say it again, this team's biggest weakness is its temper. Melo needs to pull it together and how he was tonight is inexcusable. Just hope something positive comes of it later

FoeDiddy

1/7/2013  10:32 PM
dk7th wrote:

unfortunately melo lacks poise. that's going to be an issue come playoff time-- his lack of poise.

mr. frazier says that pierce is never in a hurry. i wish that can be said of melo. too many heat check shots in his game. against stiff defense he's liable to become unraveled like tonight.

He rarely gets unraveled like tonight. Most of the time he is smiling taking things in stride. Garnett has been known to say and do some wild things on the court. Now a guy who gets unraveled and is a loose cannon is Rondo. that guy is a nut case.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

1/7/2013  10:33 PM
FoeDiddy wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
FoeDiddy wrote:
nycisgreat wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Hersports85 wrote:

Good post.

+10

that means nothing. Celtics still have a formidable team. Celtics were playing like garbage with Rondo minus Bradley. The difference in this game was Bradley's disruption on defense. There are few "should have won" type games in the NBA. It's all about matchups. This isn't Playstation.

Um...i think you are overreacting a bit. i never said boston was a bad team even without rondo. i simply said the lack of defense that this team has show the past month and the sloppy turnovers is what cost. i dont play playstation lol
loweyecue
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #1037

Hersports85 wrote:

Good post.

Racking up moral victories again? We were up for the challenge? They messed with Melo and he took the bait. If not for JR Smith, this would have been an ugly blowout. Why can't we try to do something diff when Melo is shooting like that?

TKF on Melo ::....he is a punk, a jerk, a self absorbed out of shape, self aggrandizing, unprofessional, volume chucking coach killing playoff loser!!
TeamBall
Member: #4386

3G4G wrote:
Clean wrote:

If he did he's getting suspended Zach Randolph waiting for Kendrick Perkins style.

Hahn saying he was screaming at someone (probably KG) and had to be restrained

Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
Bad loss. Melo was awful but his leadership and attitude were worse.

He let Garnet get in his head. KG is such a chump too.

dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
1/7/2013  10:34 PM
TheRealist wrote:
dk7th wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:At the end of the night Boston's still 6 full games back of N.Y.

Loses happen in the NBA, that's basketball for the clueless one's.

Off to make some dinner for the family while the likes of TKF run wild and celebrate our loss.

23-11. Still 2nd place of the entire Eastern Conference.

Now go cry me a river negative critics.

you still don't get it: it's not THAT you lose it's HOW you lose.... just like it's not THAT you win it's HOW you win.

They lost by 6 points despite an awful shooting night from the 2nd leading scorer in the league.

exactly-- it's not that they lost it's how they lost.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/7/2013  10:36 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/7/2013  10:37 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Clean wrote:

not disagreeing - just hoping when he gains some distance he gains some composure and uses it as fuel moving forward.

I said it before and I'll say it again, this team's biggest weakness is its temper. Melo needs to pull it together and how he was tonight is inexcusable. Just hope something positive comes of it later

I know and I agree. He was talking before the game about how he wasnt worried about Boston and how important this game was so I think part of it was embarassment with his performance and part frustration. Never give teams locker room material.

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
1/7/2013  10:37 PM
Bad loss, I'm calling it right now Celtics will take the division.
Hersports85
Member: #4397

1/7/2013  10:38 PM
loweyecue wrote:
Hersports85 wrote:

Good post.

Racking up moral victories again? We were up for the challenge? They messed with Melo and he took the bait. If not for JR Smith, this would have been an ugly blowout. Why can't we try to do something diff when Melo is shooting like that?

And exactly what do you suggest??? Outside of Melo we have Camby, Tyson and Brewer who can't create for themselves. Felton and Shump are key pieces to the puzzle, just how the celtics looked like pure garbage before bradley got back. Let's be realistic. Every loss is not the end of the world, nobody is concerned about damn moral victories but understanding about the game goes a looong way. Not to mention other than J.r the only other person that's able to create is working his way back from injury!!

Give me another damn team that loses their projected starting backcourt and still be 22-11? I'll wait.

GAME THREAD: Knicks vs The Lovely Celtics 7.30pm 1/7

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy