[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT - The cancer that is Dwight Howard vs the Dickhead that is Kobe Bryant
Author Thread
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
1/7/2013  12:29 PM
Clash of the Coach killers! Who wins that lockerroom? (trick question, everyone loses)

http://www.businessinsider.com/lakers-kobe-dwight-fight-2013-1

Tensions reportedly boiled over in the Lakers' locker room after a New Year's Day loss to the Sixers, when Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard got in a "heated exchange" and had to be separated, according to Stefan Bondy of the NY Daily News.
From Bondy:
A league source told the Daily News that the Lakers stars got into a heated exchange following a New Years Day loss to the 76ers, and Bryant went for a low blow referencing and agreeing with Shaquille ONeals criticisms of Howard being soft.
Howard was restrained from going at his teammate, according to the source, and there have been rumblings from the centers camp that hes been unhappy with Bryant since earlier in the season.
This was three days before Howard made some cryptic comments about the team not getting along off the court:
"We have to play like we like each other. Even if we don't want to be friends off the court, whatever that may be, when we step in between the lines or we step in the locker room or the gym, we have to respect each other and what we bring to the table."
The Lakers are still struggling mightily. They're 11th in the Western Conference with a 15-18 record, and they've lost three-straight since January 1st.
The more serious issue for the team is whether a strained relationship with Kobe would affect Dwight's willingness to sign a long-term deal with the team this summer. The Lakers traded for Howard under the assumption that he'd sign there after the season. But technically he could test the waters and go elsewhere if he wanted to.

Not only do the pieces not fit together, the coach not fit the pieces, but the players generally do not like eachother in the lockerroom or outside the court. No chemistry at all.

Can you say Dwight to BK?

AUTOADVERT
DurzoBlint
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1152
USA
1/7/2013  12:50 PM
Kobe may be a dik but, he's a long tenured dik so, Howard has to make work his Cancerousness in, in such a way that is doesn't clash with Kobe's douchebaggery
the fact that you can't even have an unrelated thread without some tool here bringing him up make me think that rational minds are few and far between. Bunch of emotionally weak, angst riddled people. I mean, how many times can you argue the same shyt
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
1/7/2013  1:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/7/2013  1:05 PM
DurzoBlint wrote:Kobe may be a dik but, he's a long tenured dik so, Howard has to make work his Cancerousness in, in such a way that is doesn't clash with Kobe's douchebaggery

ROFL... could not have said it any better myself..... you should sig this one...

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
AnubisADL
Alba Posts: 13
Member: #2771
USA
1/7/2013  1:11 PM
Lol. Looks like I was right.
NY Knicks - Retirement home for players and GMs
kip3f
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #762
1/7/2013  1:19 PM
Nice thread title.
ChuckBuck
USA
1/7/2013  1:26 PM
kip3f wrote:Nice thread title.

Thanks, I was just going to put the article title "Report: Kobe Bryant And Dwight Howard Had To Be Restrained In A Heated Post-Game Exchange Last Week", but that sounds too professional and uptight for my tastes.

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

1/7/2013  1:35 PM
ah...the tale of two under achieving ballclubs....only a matter of weeks now until the rumor mill starts churning. Gentleman, start your annonymous league sources

3G4G
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4333

1/7/2013  1:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/7/2013  1:46 PM
I was just getting ready to cook up a similar thread Chuckbuck and here you go comments from the past couple days

[
[
[
[
[

What may have transpired in the Locker Room following the Philly loss and after math of Denver loss.... article Jan 7th

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/nets/brooklyn-benefactors-kobe-howard-feud-fuel-dwight-nets-deal-article-1.1234685

Dwight Howard and Kobe Bryant just can’t get along, and there’s a team in Brooklyn that might be waiting to pick up the pieces.

A league source told the Daily News that the Lakers stars got into a heated exchange following a New Year’s Day loss to the 76ers, and Bryant went for a low blow – referencing and agreeing with Shaquille O’Neal’s criticisms of Howard being soft.

Howard was restrained from going at his teammate, according to the source, and there have been rumblings from the center’s camp that he’s been unhappy with Bryant since earlier in the season.

Three days after the altercation, following a disheartening loss to the Clippers, Howard complained about the lack of chemistry on the Lakers. It was a comment seemingly directed at Bryant, who is averaging a league-high 22 shots despite playing with three potential Hall of Famers.

The Mike D’Antoni-coached Lakers fell to 15-18 after losing at home to the Denver Nuggets, 112-105, Sunday night despite Howard’s 26 rebounds. Bryant led L.A. with 29 points but took 26 shots.

“Look at the difference between our team and (the Clippers),” Howard said. “They just play together. They share the ball. Everybody’s excited when something happens.”

Howard again hinted at the disconnect on Saturday. There were always concerns over whether Bryant, a no-nonsense veteran, and Howard, a playful man-child, could co-exist.

(Chemistry) is something we have to do to get better,” Howard told reporters in L.A. “We have to play like we like each other. Even if we don’t want to be friends off the court, whatever that may be, when we step in between the lines or we step in the locker room or the gym, we have to respect each other and what we bring to the table.

Howard, a pending free agent, has not committed to Los Angeles beyond this season.

If the Lakers decide Howard won’t re-sign, they risk losing him for nothing and it becomes more likely they trade the six-time All-Star.

The Nets spent all of last year trying to acquire Howard, who admitted in October that Brooklyn was his preferred destination.

The Nets are in a position to put together an enticing package if they know Howard would sign long-term to play with Deron Williams. The Nets’ previous proposals to the Magic centered around Brook Lopez, who is having a breakthrough season coming off foot surgery.

Lopez can’t be traded until Jan. 15 because he signed a four-year, $61 million deal in the summer. He is averaging 18.9 points and 7.4 rebounds, while Howard – who is coming off back surgery – is on pace for his worst statistical campaign (17.4 points, 12.0 rebounds) since his second season.

Prior to the trade that sent Howard to Los Angeles, Bryant reportedly told Howard he’d be the third offensive option if traded to the Lakers. Following the New Year’s Day loss to the 76ers, Bryant was ticked off at Howard and ticked off in front of the media.

“Cause we’re old as s---,” the 34-year-old told reporters, explaining the Lakers’ struggles. “What do you want? We just got to figure out how to play when we don’t have that energy.”

Suuposedly Howard going after Kobe has been debunked....

Kobe's comments via ESPN after Howard stated they don't have good chemistry after Philly Loss..... article Jan 6th

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8817247/dwight-howard-says-los-angeles-lakers-play-each-other

When asked to compare the still-developing dynamic between himself and Howard to the run he had with O'Neal, Bryant laughed.

"That was a different dynamic. Shaq and I were a different dynamic," Bryant said. "That type of duo, you're not going to find another duo like that ever. There were other duos that were better than us, (Scottie) Pippen and (Michael) Jordan. But you'll never find a duo with two dominant personalities like myself and Shaquille. That was kind of a once-in-a-lifetime thing."

"We did. We won three straight," Bryant said, referencing the Lakers' three-peat from 2000-02. "One of them has to sacrifice. I sacrificed quite a bit with individual numbers and MVPs and NBA Finals and all this other stuff.

^^^^^^^^^

Hello is that Melo talking?

So basically he's saying yeah I made those sacrifices when Shaq was here although I loathed it tremendously(Championships be Dammed) and I was only going to do it for so long. Shaq is no longer here and here we are yrs later with opportunities to win(Championship be Dammed) and I'm not willing to sacrifice for Nash(who's never won) Howard(who's never won) for D'AnToni(who's trying to get there) Naaaaahhhhh they should make sacrifices for me and get me my 6th(Championship be Dammed) while I stack up on personal accomplishments winding out my career.....

Ironically it was Shaq who recruited Payton(never won a chip) and Malone(never won a chip) to the Lakers. Kobe got incensed at Shaq's hold presence and recruit swag on the team. Caught a charge that off-season and tried to befriend Malone because he knew Shaq and Payton were tight. So he tried to create a bar between the four horsemen. Ironic it was Kobe who turned on Malone accusing him of trying to get with his wife although Kobe has been doing all kinds of things since they've been married hurting the relationship. Kobe never endeared himself to GP. Matter of fact GP said they would be on the plane all the guys trying to play games with each other.... like Cards and Bones and Kobe would be on the Plane trying to fly solo. He said he tried to play cards with him a couple times but Kobe wasn't feeling it. Lamar Odom made similar comments his first couple yrs there and said it was difficult to hang with Kobe off the court. Kobe eventually changed some(very little) as time went on. Shaq leaves for Miami and gets Payton and Mourning a ring(at least sacrificed to help them get one) very different from Kobe who actually could have more rings right now if he had a truly sacrificial spirit.

More from Kobe

"It's not the same thing. On that team, it was me and Shaq and role players, who were excellent role players. Here, it's me, Dwight, Steve and Pau (Gasol). We play to each other's strengths. Steve is the best facilitating guard. Pau is the best facilitating big man. The ball goes through those guys, and it allows them to make everybody better. It's really that simple."

Dude you're blowing a bunch of hot air to the press. This is not how the Lakers are currently playing, This is not how the Lakers are currently being coached, and This is not how you're currently playing as a leader. You're one of the biggest Slick Oil Car Salesman in all of basketball Kobe. Only the gullible will gulp this up. I'll will say Howard isn't Shaq and he's a much softer player and personality than Shaq but he's still arguably the best center in the NBA even with a bad back.

More from Howard

When told of Bryant's quotes, characterizing himself as sacrificing during the O'Neal era, Howard asked for clarification.

"He took a back seat?" Howard asked. "I was super young, so I really don't remember too much from those championship runs."

Dude you were 15-18 yrs old during their run and was Prep Star during the time come on were you in a cave or under a rock the whole time? This is why when you speak you won't get the kind of response and respect you're looking for. ROTFLOL @ this mess of a mess

More from Howard

Howard was then asked if he thought he had the same kind of alpha male personality as O'Neal.

"You can't look at it as the alpha male. It's basketball. We're not a pack of wolves," Howard said.

"There's different ways to lead a team. Sometimes you have to follow to learn how to lead. I've done an excellent job with guys of being somebody they can all come to if they have a problem.

"But if they're not working the way they need to work, I'm the guy that will tell 'em, 'Hey, you need to get in the weight room or get some extra shots up.' That's where I come in. I don't have to bark about it to you guys (reporters) or to the team."

Howard then explained what his definition of an "alpha male" is.

"If you're an alpha male, you don't have to always show that you're the alpha male," he said. "Just be who you are. You come in the room, people know you're there.

"My presence is felt every day, and I don't have to come here and growl and snarl at people. I don't have to do all that."

Instead, he said he tries to create a happy, enjoyable work environment.

"(My teammates) like when I come in, have fun and enjoy myself. Because they want to have fun and enjoy themselves, too," Howard said. "If they can't do it, it's not a great working environment.

"I don't think you guys would want to come into work with a boss that's always telling you what to do. If you see the boss being at ease and having fun doing it, then you're going to have fun doing that. That's who I am. I've been an alpha male my whole life, but I don't go pissing everywhere to show people that I'm an alpha male. I just need to be who I am."

Wow so Howard is subliminally slamming Kobe's scowling I'm mad at the world antics coming to work and on the court get coaches fired approach

Adande's article following the Denver loss....article Jan 7th

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-130106/daily-dime

Comments from Kobe on recent happenings

after Sunday's game Bryant welcomed a little dissension in the ranks, while Howard issued a plea for unity.

"I think it's fine for us to boil over a little bit," Bryant said. "It's fine to get a little chippy. I kind of get the sense in this locker room that that's finally starting to happen."

Bryant thrives on competition. He believes that's what brings out the best of players, even if they're competing for supremacy of the same team. Howard takes a different approach.

So Kobe is trying the Jedi Mind Reverse Psychology trick. He wants Howard to try and snatch the team from him a la him snatching the team away from Shaq by Howard usurping his greatness. Although at the beginning of the season Kobe said he's not ready to give the team over to Howard just yet, he'll have to wait until he retires, then L.A. is his. When recruiting him via trade, he called him on the phone and told Howard we're running the offense through me and Pau and he'll have to settle with being a possible 2nd option but definite 3rd, although later in the season he told Pau to put his "Big Boy" pants on when D'AnToni refused to make Pau any option....

ROTFLOL @ this mess of a mess

Comments from Howard

"Sometimes when you try too hard, you mess up," Howard said, putting together a nine-word sequence I could never imagine Bryant uttering. "We're just trying to put it all together, just quiet our spirits and play. Everything is so muffled, and we're not 'one' right now. We have to get to that place where we're one as a team and we move forward together. That's the only thing I can say about being patient."

Okay Howard so you see what everyone else sees Kobe is chucking too much trying to Hero his way to Laker victory....oky doky

MattSuspect
Member: #932
1/7/2013  1:40 PM
I've never hated the Nets, hell I even quasi rooted for them during there playoff runs, but man part of me wants them to get Dwight Howard now just so I can hate them!
ChuckBuck
USA
1/7/2013  1:47 PM
MattSuspect wrote:I've never hated the Nets, hell I even quasi rooted for them during there playoff runs, but man part of me wants them to get Dwight Howard now just so I can hate them!

This. I want Dwight Howard on the Nets, so they have even less excuses when we bury them!

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/7/2013  2:34 PM
I like BroPez. Maybe its all slamming he gets by knick fans but the kid works hard and has a type of game you can see doe not come easy.

Howard is a clown and I can't stand his manner.

I hope he goes to Dallas.

All things being equal, I put this on the ego of Kobe. the dude just is not right.

He maybe a bit like the MJ sociopath but without Phil to harness it, the talent gets misdirected.

Dwight needs to stop clowning. IF Nyets can get him, and get Phil Jax to move him to "the force".

Without Phil, Kobe is moving to the dark side.

Can't say I blame MDA for taking the gig but that team was a mess under mike brown and MDA walked into a mess.

Maybe playing MDA ball is about the guys working together under a system but if Kobe won't share the rock, and Dwight is not having "Fun", while pouting Pau is offended im not sure you got a good formula.

How to fix it? Easy, Kobe gotta go.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/7/2013  3:29 PM
Nalod wrote:I like BroPez. Maybe its all slamming he gets by knick fans but the kid works hard and has a type of game you can see doe not come easy.

All things being equal, I put this on the ego of Kobe. the dude just is not right.

He maybe a bit like the MJ sociopath but without Phil to harness it, the talent gets misdirected.

Dwight needs to stop clowning. IF Nyets can get him, and get Phil Jax to move him to "the force".

Can't say I blame MDA for taking the gig but that team was a mess under mike brown and MDA walked into a mess.

Maybe playing MDA ball is about the guys working together under a system but if Kobe won't share the rock, and Dwight is not having "Fun", while pouting Pau is offended im not sure you got a good formula.

Now starting at shooting guard for your 2013-14 New York Knicks! Can we unretire 24? Blasphemy you say? What about 24 + 8 = 32?
With respect, Jerry the Unibomber was at the very tail end of his career here, chip or no chip.

Starphucqes of starphucques!

dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
1/7/2013  3:41 PM
Nalod wrote:I like BroPez. Maybe its all slamming he gets by knick fans but the kid works hard and has a type of game you can see doe not come easy.

i got some free tickets and i saw lopez play the other night at the barclay center-- beautiful place and very helpful and friendly staff-- and he has tools. it's that he is soooo sloooow out there. but if he can develop a legitimate low post game-- working with hakeem will have a much better return than stoudemire or howard have had-- then it won't matter that he is slow. he did too little posting up.

mda took the gig thinking he could re-focus the offense around nash. i was really expecting bryant to finally get out of his own way but a vain douche is a vain douche.

that said, d'antoni had a sit down dinner with gasol and resolved to let gasol do what he wanted to do more of the time. i don't know what he requiring of howard-- i would assume they are trying to run a lot of pick and rolls with nash?

d'antoni in phoenix had the luxury of a great point guard and a lot of younger, less egotistical players during his best years. in la you still have a great point guard but man the egos on that team! and d'antoni does not have the interpersonal skills necessary to manage those egos.

it's a pity because everybody loses in these scenarios and i was actually looking forward to seeing these guys mesh.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/7/2013  3:50 PM
What a clusterfu*k the Lakers have turned into. They should have just kept Bikerstaff.
smackeddog
Member: #883
1/7/2013  4:05 PM
Lakers are in deep, deep trouble- coming up for a tough stretch and Gasol is out 2 games with concussion, Jordan Hill is out with a sore hip and Dwight is out at least a week with his shoulder (though I remember curry had the same thing and it lasted all season without surgery). To make matters worse, if the lakers don't make the playoffs, their pick goes to the Suns! So they could lose a lottery pick AND lose Dwight for nothing if he walks.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
1/7/2013  4:09 PM
GustavBahler wrote:What a clusterfu*k the Lakers have turned into. They should have just kept Bikerstaff.

It's nice to be on the outside of the circus for a change!

GustavBahler

1/7/2013  4:13 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:What a clusterfu*k the Lakers have turned into. They should have just kept Bikerstaff.

It's nice to be on the outside of the circus for a change!

A big Amen to that!

GustavBahler

1/7/2013  4:17 PM
smackeddog wrote:Lakers are in deep, deep trouble- coming up for a tough stretch and Gasol is out 2 games with concussion, Jordan Hill is out with a sore hip and Dwight is out at least a week with his shoulder (though I remember curry had the same thing and it lasted all season without surgery). To make matters worse, if the lakers don't make the playoffs, their pick goes to the Suns! So they could lose a lottery pick AND lose Dwight for nothing if he walks.

ESPN is saying that Gasol is out indefinitely. I forgot about that pick, ouch.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/7/2013  4:20 PM
I've been watching the Laker games and really the big issues are that on D they have almost zero presence on the perimeter. Kobe doesn't defend like he used to. None of their other guards are worth a darn on D, except I do see Meeks actually hustle, but Nash, Duhon, Morris can't stop anyone. Their guards going up against CP3, Westbrook, Lawson etc. Just can't stop anyone. Then you have D12 and Pau behind them and they don't move at all, with the exception of D12 getting a few blocks, which make it seem like he's defending when he's really not. D12 is not a really good help defender in terms of shutting down penetration. Don't let the blocked shots fool you. Neither is Pau. They both are just too slow to react. I see almost no way that team can win if they can't slow down quick penetrating guards these other teams have.

This is not to say that they never have good defensive possessions, cuz they do. It just isn't consistent effort and especially late in games, they have breakdowns which from my view are mostly about effort and focus. I think D12 is a prima donna and I haven't liked his body language all season. Yea Kobe is shooting a lot but D12 is a disaster on offense most of the time he touches it. He's stiff and loses the ball. He gets a ton of fouls just abusing defenders with his bully tactics. Pau has gotten better, especially on offense. He is a very good and willing passer. Still he and D12 are a problem in terms of closing down lanes. They're both slow laterally and really they could be better if they really cared, but they don't. They give the halfhearted late effort, but they don't really move as a team to help out the guards. Just think about how Noah helps out on D on guards to prevent easy penetration.

They are wasting Nash. They don't have the same spread floor he's used to. He can't run the PnR with D12 like he did with STAT. D12 mostly wants to post up and that would be fine if he was a good post man and could hit FT's. The Lakers are running TFSOL not SSOL. They have to use up the full 24 seconds on most plays. This is why Kobe is taking so many shots. He almost has to just to keep the Lakers in games. D12 is not the player many think he is. He's the Deron of Centers. Just a selfish guy that I think kills coaches. IMO he pouts and then he's not really playing all out and has an I don't care attitude on the floor. Just watch him all game and see if you think he's going hard all game.

3G4G
Member: #4333

1/7/2013  4:26 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Lakers are in deep, deep trouble- coming up for a tough stretch and Gasol is out 2 games with concussion, Jordan Hill is out with a sore hip and Dwight is out at least a week with his shoulder (though I remember curry had the same thing and it lasted all season without surgery). To make matters worse, if the lakers don't make the playoffs, their pick goes to the Suns! So they could lose a lottery pick AND lose Dwight for nothing if he walks.

ESPN is saying that Gasol is out indefinitely. I forgot about that pick, ouch.

Gasol Nose is broke something major, he was leaking real bad yesterday. McGee took him out with a vicious accidental elbow. Howard has played in consecutive games(Clippers/Nuggets) where his shoulder has been compromised by defenders slapping down hard while he tries to finish in the paint. He may have a tear.

OT - The cancer that is Dwight Howard vs the Dickhead that is Kobe Bryant

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy