[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Kobe blames Lakers struggles on old age. "Cause we're old as shyt!"
Author Thread
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
1/2/2013  1:00 PM
Lol Kobe, don't sugarcoat it you P.C. sonuvabitch!

"Cause we're old as s---," said the 34-year-old Bryant when asked why a lack of energy has been a problem for L.A. all season. "What do you want? We just got to figure out how to play when we don't have that energy. We got to change things up a little bit defensively. We got to figure out what we want to do offensively, figure out what we want to do on nights when we don't have those legs or have that energy."

"You just saw an old damn team," Bryant continued. "I don't know how else to put it to you. We're just slow. You saw a team over there that was just younger and just had fresher legs and just played with more energy, and we were just stuck in the mud. I think individually we all have to figure out how to get ourselves ready each and every game to have a high level of energy. That's all that is."

Thankfully the voice of reason Metta World War cleared things up:

"That's no excuse, the Knicks are playing great, so that's no excuse," World Peace said. "You can't use it as an excuse for us. Thank you. Thanks for trying."

Even with our uneven play recently, Knicks all-AARP team are atop the Atlantic and 2nd in the conference:

Having an older roster hasn't stopped the Knicks from starting the season with a 21-10 record, good enough for the second-best mark in the Eastern Conference. The Knicks started the season with an average player age of 32 years and 240 days, the oldest in NBA history, according to STATS, LLC.
AUTOADVERT
mrKnickShot
Alba Posts: 16
Member: #3553

1/2/2013  1:02 PM
The lakers lost because Kobe played like an idiot.

James Worthy called it disgusting and can't believe that MDA allowed Kobe to take such ridiculous shots.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/2/2013  1:04 PM
Knicks are playing great? Speaking of old didnt starters Kurt and Kidd combine for zero points?

This is a young mans game. You can have some old role players and heady veteran types. We have seen the value that Kidd has added but its got a wall, and the Lakers and Knicks are feeling it now.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
1/2/2013  1:10 PM
Kobe speaks the truth. Building a team, you can't have an all old team. You need veterans, but only a handful.
mrKnickShot
Alba Posts: 16
Member: #3553

1/2/2013  1:12 PM
Kobe needs to stop worrying about their age and start worrying how to not kill his teams chemistry. Howard takes 7 shots, Kobe 29. The last 6 of them were mentally challenged.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/2/2013  1:16 PM
3-5 in last 8 games.

Lets hope Stat and Shump can breath new life into us.

ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
1/2/2013  1:18 PM
Nalod wrote:3-5 in last 8 games.

We definitely need an injection of energy ourselves, especially at the start of games.

I think the easy answer is you gotta get Brewer out of the starting lineup somehow. Not blaming him specifically, but playing 4 on 5 at the start of games is annoying lately.

misterearl
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #799
USA
1/2/2013  1:23 PM

Prigioni (as a starter who can set pace)
Kidd (the rudder)
Copeland (young legs)
Carmelo
Chandler

once a knick always a knick
smackeddog
Member: #883
1/2/2013  1:37 PM

I hope you're wrong- those two realistically need at least a month to get back in the swing of things!

It's not so much the record that bothers me, but the way we've been playing- outside of Melo, JR and Cope, it seems everyone elses play has been going slowly down the toilet. Except for Tyson who seems to have adopted JR's feast/famine tendancies.

fishmike
USA
1/2/2013  1:40 PM
smackeddog wrote:

I hope you're wrong- those two realistically need at least a month to get back in the swing of things!

It's not so much the record that bothers me, but the way we've been playing- outside of Melo, JR and Cope, it seems everyone elses play has been going slowly down the toilet. Except for Tyson who seems to have adopted JR's feast/famine tendancies.

the longer the season goes on the less and less we get from the old guys
smackeddog
Member: #883
1/2/2013  1:46 PM
fishmike wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

But the worrying thing is it's not just the old guys, but Brewer and Novak too- two key guys for us.

knicks1248
Member: #582
1/2/2013  1:50 PM
fishmike wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

solidfying the comments of our haters saying will the knicks be able to keep up this pace.

But when you have suspect pg play mostly everyone (who can't create there own shot) looks bad..

kidd is shooting 32% in his last 8 games, novak missing shots, no sheed, melo in and out of the line up..practicing with 60% of the roster when you bearly have pratice at all..

ES
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/2/2013  2:13 PM
He's entirely right but there was no reason to say it out loud.
fishmike
USA
1/2/2013  2:32 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

solidfying the comments of our haters saying will the knicks be able to keep up this pace.

But when you have suspect pg play mostly everyone (who can't create there own shot) looks bad..

kidd is shooting 32% in his last 8 games, novak missing shots, no sheed, melo in and out of the line up..practicing with 60% of the roster when you bearly have pratice at all..

I seem to recall there being a pretty good "other" PG option available this offseason no?
Someone young, energetic, with the ability to galvanize his teammates?

Funny.. there were lots of Lin is garbage threads first couple of weeks. Now the Rockets are playing well, 7-3 over their last 10 and people around here are saying suspect PG play makes everyone look bad. Stupid Knicks.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

1/2/2013  2:36 PM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I seem to recall there being a pretty good "other" PG option available this offseason no?

Funny.. there were lots of Lin is garbage threads first couple of weeks. Now the Rockets are playing well, 7-3 over their last 10 and people around here are saying suspect PG play makes everyone look bad. Stupid Knicks.

Dragic coast too much money

3G4G
Member: #4333

1/2/2013  2:42 PM
Outstanding Leadership....

There's Jordan and then there's not another player close to him.

Kobe is an overall failure of what he could have been, Kobe had the ability and physical tools to be the greatest unfortunately he's an incredibly gifted spoiled brat primadonna douchebag

Kobe doesn't crack my Top 10 All-Time and this is exhibit Z File A-399 as the reason why.

fishmike
USA
1/2/2013  2:43 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Dragic coast too much money

fail.
K22
Member: #1182
USA
1/2/2013  3:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/2/2013  3:52 PM
Don't forget in Game 7 of that 2010 Celtics/Lakers series - Kobe nearly shot them out of the title and was bailed out by Pau and Ron-Ron.

I have a friend out in LA and he's convinced Kobe is nuttier than Ron.

-- the preceding post was brought to you by the letter K and the number 22.
NYDiva
Member: #4387

1/9/2013  2:54 AM
Not to mention the biased officiating. Game 7 of the 2010 Finals was Calls On Parade for the Lakers. The only thing that was missing from the officiating crew was a wink toward the Laker bench and a "Don't worry, guys! You got this!" to complete the travesty. (And I HATE the Celtics.)
Kobe blames Lakers struggles on old age. "Cause we're old as shyt!"

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy