[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Knick vs Blazers! On new years day.......Who plays?
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/2/2013  11:59 AM

Its not about "Homerism".

its about the games.

Is it so wrong to consider we might not duplicate the same level of play? We came out of the gate flying with vets playing real sharp mature basketball. Its not the losses its the games.

Its Felton breaking down and now we have two PG's over the age of 35 and Brewer who is not giving us much on offense. JR smith is playing great ball but even he is looking fatigued late in game becuase of the effort it takes to recover from a lead. If you played sports you understand first hand how fatugue makes us all a big prone to mistakes.

We talking about the games, the defensive breakdowns.

We not talking about the season, which has been great.

"Homer check" was not to bring in who is who and how his not, its about the games.

And last nite we lost to a decent team that is 2 games over .500 and was coming into the "Mecca" having only won 4 games in 14 road games. They clocked us pretty good!

It can happen but when your 3-5 over 8 games even the most faithful homer should be concerned over the trend.

Injuries won't go away with this team. Its something I think we need to live with.

Amare played, it was a start. Camby played and played well. Two positive trends.

73 pts from two players. Thats not what this team has been about.

The whole basketball world has been in shock that the knicks have been as good this season and to question our return to earth is not without reality.

Melo has missed 6 games with 3 different injuries. We don't if stat returns to form or what shump gives us.

And we 5-5 the last ten games.

16-5 was freaking great. .500 since. Lets talk games.

We got SAS coming up. Yeah, Im concerned.

AUTOADVERT
cooch2584
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1187

1/2/2013  12:05 PM
Nalod wrote:
Its not about "Homerism".

its about the games.

Is it so wrong to consider we might not duplicate the same level of play? We came out of the gate flying with vets playing real sharp mature basketball. Its not the losses its the games.

Its Felton breaking down and now we have two PG's over the age of 35 and Brewer who is not giving us much on offense. JR smith is playing great ball but even he is looking fatigued late in game becuase of the effort it takes to recover from a lead. If you played sports you understand first hand how fatugue makes us all a big prone to mistakes.

We talking about the games, the defensive breakdowns.

We not talking about the season, which has been great.

"Homer check" was not to bring in who is who and how his not, its about the games.

And last nite we lost to a decent team that is 2 games over .500 and was coming into the "Mecca" having only won 4 games in 14 road games. They clocked us pretty good!

It can happen but when your 3-5 over 8 games even the most faithful homer should be concerned over the trend.

Injuries won't go away with this team. Its something I think we need to live with.

Amare played, it was a start. Camby played and played well. Two positive trends.

73 pts from two players. Thats not what this team has been about.

The whole basketball world has been in shock that the knicks have been as good this season and to question our return to earth is not without reality.

Melo has missed 6 games with 3 different injuries. We don't if stat returns to form or what shump gives us.

And we 5-5 the last ten games.

16-5 was freaking great. .500 since. Lets talk games.

We got SAS coming up. Yeah, Im concerned.

And you completely missed my response that in thoss games where we were 3-5 we were basically playing with our bench. AND you missed that we beat SAS on THEIR court.Now we are on our court. Im talking reality,our overall record speaks for itself.

mrKnickShot
Alba Posts: 16
Member: #3553

1/2/2013  1:01 PM
dk7th wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:dk,

one more thing, please tell me why we needed to constantly bring a double team to help Tyson on DA? Our DPOY needs a hard early double? REALLY?

you mean aldridge? if you do, aldridge is a clever player-- underrated but maybe in the west he is overshadowed a bit. and lets face it dpoy notwithstanding we all know that chandler is foul prone. he is also not that strong-- he gets pushed around quite a bit because he lacks lower body strength.

and yes carmelo's personality has an affect on the team. i guess if he is going to be an mvp candidate he needs to be a little hungrier and a little bit angrier. no?

Are...you....blaming this loss on Carmelo?

no i am not. but lets not have a double standard here. he gets credit for wins but is exonerated for losses? that won't fly.

the team has been underachieving lately. slow starts, defensive lassitude, not enough shots spread around from ball movement.

Did you see the ball movement by him tonight? You got us all watching closely.

it still needs to be better. 18 assists is too low but no question novak and kidd hurt us. is it acceptable that two guys take 55% of the shots but those apologists hahn and sczizerbak claim that other guys need to step it up? pretty facile postgame there.

dk,

You must go back and watch this game. Melo moved the ball very well. The team had loads of open looks. 18 is low and the team is averaging 20 which is 24th in the league. Tonight, if we hit some shots, we would have had 26 assists (at least) and the ball movement would have been praised.

You can't make comments like "18 assists is still too low" - it really makes it look like you missed the game. Hence the facile postgame remark.

melo is taking and making shots is what i see. melo made a really nice dish to stoudemire and i'd like to see a whole lot more of that since it looks as though brewer's days are numbered as a starter. four assists is very good for him. melo is moving the ball okay but not enough to suit the team. you say loads of "open" looks but are they quality open looks that are results of a true offensive flow and cohesiveness? you say open looks and i see a disjointed herky-jerky offense.

here's the rub: it seems as though he can score at will, but should he? would it be better to keep the ball moving and allow others opportunities? i don't ask this rhetorically i ask it because i wonder if that would be better for the team in terms of focus.

and then there's the defense. is it conceivable that by moving the ball on offense you promote focus and intensity on defense?

I counted about 6-7 times that Melo passed out as soon as the double team arrived for good open cohesive looks and there were just clanks. You don't remember these?

yes is do remember these. the question remains-- is that enough? we had around 95-100 possessions, right? don't mean to be a hard-ass about it but i just don't like the look of this offense. does it not look disjointed to you? obviously if either kidd or novak hit one shot apiece we win. but still-- i don't see a cohesive offense out there most of the time.

Other than the Amare re-experiment (which is/was needed), we looked in better offensive sync than I have seen in many games.

We were bricking wide open good looks all night.

Movement was solid. It looks more disjointed when we miss. I watched the game twice and thought that offense was not our problem. Our defense on the other hand was brutal. Especially when Stat was on the floor.

Priggy also had some great lock down possessions and Lillard hit some big time shots. Priggy is a heady defender and if he did not go for the steal so much he would be even better.

Novak is killing us on offense and defense now and I can't understand why he is in there so much.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

1/2/2013  2:01 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:

one more thing, please tell me why we needed to constantly bring a double team to help Tyson on DA? Our DPOY needs a hard early double? REALLY?

you mean aldridge? if you do, aldridge is a clever player-- underrated but maybe in the west he is overshadowed a bit. and lets face it dpoy notwithstanding we all know that chandler is foul prone. he is also not that strong-- he gets pushed around quite a bit because he lacks lower body strength.

and yes carmelo's personality has an affect on the team. i guess if he is going to be an mvp candidate he needs to be a little hungrier and a little bit angrier. no?

no i am not. but lets not have a double standard here. he gets credit for wins but is exonerated for losses? that won't fly.

the team has been underachieving lately. slow starts, defensive lassitude, not enough shots spread around from ball movement.

it still needs to be better. 18 assists is too low but no question novak and kidd hurt us. is it acceptable that two guys take 55% of the shots but those apologists hahn and sczizerbak claim that other guys need to step it up? pretty facile postgame there.

dk,

You must go back and watch this game. Melo moved the ball very well. The team had loads of open looks. 18 is low and the team is averaging 20 which is 24th in the league. Tonight, if we hit some shots, we would have had 26 assists (at least) and the ball movement would have been praised.

You can't make comments like "18 assists is still too low" - it really makes it look like you missed the game. Hence the facile postgame remark.

melo is taking and making shots is what i see. melo made a really nice dish to stoudemire and i'd like to see a whole lot more of that since it looks as though brewer's days are numbered as a starter. four assists is very good for him. melo is moving the ball okay but not enough to suit the team. you say loads of "open" looks but are they quality open looks that are results of a true offensive flow and cohesiveness? you say open looks and i see a disjointed herky-jerky offense.

here's the rub: it seems as though he can score at will, but should he? would it be better to keep the ball moving and allow others opportunities? i don't ask this rhetorically i ask it because i wonder if that would be better for the team in terms of focus.

and then there's the defense. is it conceivable that by moving the ball on offense you promote focus and intensity on defense?

I counted about 6-7 times that Melo passed out as soon as the double team arrived for good open cohesive looks and there were just clanks. You don't remember these?

yes is do remember these. the question remains-- is that enough? we had around 95-100 possessions, right? don't mean to be a hard-ass about it but i just don't like the look of this offense. does it not look disjointed to you? obviously if either kidd or novak hit one shot apiece we win. but still-- i don't see a cohesive offense out there most of the time.

Other than the Amare re-experiment (which is/was needed), we looked in better offensive sync than I have seen in many games.

Movement was solid. It looks more disjointed when we miss. I watched the game twice and thought that offense was not our problem. Our defense on the other hand was brutal. Especially when Stat was on the floor.

Priggy also had some great lock down possessions and Lillard hit some big time shots. Priggy is a heady defender and if he did not go for the steal so much he would be even better.

Novak is killing us on offense and defense now and I can't understand why he is in there so much.

I've said the same thing and it's really a pleasant surprise. Two things will help Prigs stop overplaying for the steal(in-bounds pass withstanding) and not pressure ball handlers 35+ ft away from the basket. If he can cut those things down he becomes a very good defender for a back up pg.

I still think he is trying to find his sea legs and hopefully working with STAT will help him along with learning how to score off the drive. The minutes he will get now will definitely speed up the process and hopefully it works out.

tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
1/2/2013  5:04 PM
cooch2584 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
cooch2584 wrote:
Nalod wrote:Kidd going 0-5 in 35 minutes was not helpful. Stat's inclusion hurt any momentum we had in the 3rd period. without any penetration from our PG or threat of an outside shot at the position they clogged the paint and we needed Iso Melo and Iso JR to keep us in the game.

its good we have such talent to do so but them boys got gassed and the game was already in their hands.

Our record the last few weeks have not been good because of injuries but this was the deal going into the season and we knew the depth of the team would be used.

NYMental you have to understand its not a question of losing games or not recognizing the brilliant job Melo did. Its comical when you start calling his performance "MJ23" like. Mike before he learned to trust his team was a horrific ball hog so you need to be careful which vintage your calling him!

Melo did pass the ball around late last nite when he was gassed and I think he played well within the team game. Smith was great but we came up short for many reasons including looking very old in the back court, Novak not dropping shots, perimeter defense and Stat just being out of synch especially on defense.

I think Stat being in the game cost us.

But, if we are to truly contend it was a game that had to happen regardless the outcome. He looked like lost vet just traded to a team out of shape, out of synch in a preseason game. He looked lost on defense.

Blame it on Stat, but it necessary.

JMHO, here but did anyone notice that Stats turnovers came at crucial times in the game? Now Im not blaming him and I know hes rusty but thats just the way it happens.Im not saying whos doing it and I really dont wanna start crap but some of yall gotta stop the "chicken little,the sky is falling" every damn time we lose a game. Face it lovers and hater,esp the haters, any team is gonna lose games,no team is gonna go 82-0. Lets just enjoy whats going on. I have faith that Woody will work it out because he has made great strides with this team already. So buckle up and lets put the pedal to the metal.

+1
But you obviously have been hitting the homeristic fable pipe once too often.

So Im a homer,SO EFFING WHAT? WHATS WRONG WITH BEING A HOMER? I have been a fan of this team for over 45 years, can you say that? I BLEED ORANGE AND BLUE, IS THAT WRONG? But Im REALIST, I knew the bad teams when they were bad, and I know this team has a TON of potential. I have been watching bball all these years and I think I can make an observation on just about any player, any team in the NBA right now.IM A HOMER AND PROUD OF IT, so you sit there and try and insult me,thats ok,water off my back. Your just looking for shyt to go wrong so you can play your"I told you so" card. Hell you can be miserable and you prob are about everything in life, but thats just the way some people are.

you lose perspective...

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
1/2/2013  5:11 PM
NYKMentality wrote:
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:

Hey guy... You do understand that Melo put up 45 points off 14/24 shooting, 7 boards, 4 assist, 1 steal and only 2 turnovers.

Don't you DARE mention Melo as even a SINGLE REASON why we lost this game, when in actual reality, Melo put on a MJ23 type of performance while the team surrounded him played like crap. Especially Stoudemire, Copeland, Novak and Kidd. You know, the 4 guys who shot 4/23 combined.

Did you NOT watch the damn game guy? Mention Melo as a reason for this loss tonight again, and I'll always and forever question your basketball knowledge.

If you do not understand that guys such as Kidd, Novak, Copeland and Amar'e were the reason for our loss tonight while Melo completely balled out of control... You my friend are not only a laughing stock joke, but also completely freaking clueless in regards to NBA basketball.

I'm done. This place is a zoo after a loss. lol. Keep up the SMART POSTING guys.

i was wondering when Iwould start hearing that..... I have heard that regarding carmelo for the past 10 years.. the same thing... everyone else around him is the reason for losing or failing or underachieving.....

maybe carmelo is the unluckiest guy in the NBA, or just maybe he isn't good at making anyone else around him better....regardless of what he does....

either way, I don't see how any of those two scenarios is promising..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/2/2013  7:06 PM
tkf wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:

Hey guy... You do understand that Melo put up 45 points off 14/24 shooting, 7 boards, 4 assist, 1 steal and only 2 turnovers.

Don't you DARE mention Melo as even a SINGLE REASON why we lost this game, when in actual reality, Melo put on a MJ23 type of performance while the team surrounded him played like crap. Especially Stoudemire, Copeland, Novak and Kidd. You know, the 4 guys who shot 4/23 combined.

Did you NOT watch the damn game guy? Mention Melo as a reason for this loss tonight again, and I'll always and forever question your basketball knowledge.

If you do not understand that guys such as Kidd, Novak, Copeland and Amar'e were the reason for our loss tonight while Melo completely balled out of control... You my friend are not only a laughing stock joke, but also completely freaking clueless in regards to NBA basketball.

I'm done. This place is a zoo after a loss. lol. Keep up the SMART POSTING guys.

i was wondering when Iwould start hearing that..... I have heard that regarding carmelo for the past 10 years.. the same thing... everyone else around him is the reason for losing or failing or underachieving.....

maybe carmelo is the unluckiest guy in the NBA, or just maybe he isn't good at making anyone else around him better....regardless of what he does....

either way, I don't see how any of those two scenarios is promising..

The only one who could do anything last night was Melo. Not sure if he is even 100% as he seemed to be cautious with his knee and ended up limping after his three point play late in the fourth quarter. The rest of the team put on a horror show.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
cooch2584

1/2/2013  7:51 PM
tkf wrote:
cooch2584 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
cooch2584 wrote:
Nalod wrote:Kidd going 0-5 in 35 minutes was not helpful. Stat's inclusion hurt any momentum we had in the 3rd period. without any penetration from our PG or threat of an outside shot at the position they clogged the paint and we needed Iso Melo and Iso JR to keep us in the game.

its good we have such talent to do so but them boys got gassed and the game was already in their hands.

Our record the last few weeks have not been good because of injuries but this was the deal going into the season and we knew the depth of the team would be used.

NYMental you have to understand its not a question of losing games or not recognizing the brilliant job Melo did. Its comical when you start calling his performance "MJ23" like. Mike before he learned to trust his team was a horrific ball hog so you need to be careful which vintage your calling him!

Melo did pass the ball around late last nite when he was gassed and I think he played well within the team game. Smith was great but we came up short for many reasons including looking very old in the back court, Novak not dropping shots, perimeter defense and Stat just being out of synch especially on defense.

But, if we are to truly contend it was a game that had to happen regardless the outcome. He looked like lost vet just traded to a team out of shape, out of synch in a preseason game. He looked lost on defense.

JMHO, here but did anyone notice that Stats turnovers came at crucial times in the game? Now Im not blaming him and I know hes rusty but thats just the way it happens.Im not saying whos doing it and I really dont wanna start crap but some of yall gotta stop the "chicken little,the sky is falling" every damn time we lose a game. Face it lovers and hater,esp the haters, any team is gonna lose games,no team is gonna go 82-0. Lets just enjoy whats going on. I have faith that Woody will work it out because he has made great strides with this team already. So buckle up and lets put the pedal to the metal.

+1

So Im a homer,SO EFFING WHAT? WHATS WRONG WITH BEING A HOMER? I have been a fan of this team for over 45 years, can you say that? I BLEED ORANGE AND BLUE, IS THAT WRONG? But Im REALIST, I knew the bad teams when they were bad, and I know this team has a TON of potential. I have been watching bball all these years and I think I can make an observation on just about any player, any team in the NBA right now.IM A HOMER AND PROUD OF IT, so you sit there and try and insult me,thats ok,water off my back. Your just looking for shyt to go wrong so you can play your"I told you so" card. Hell you can be miserable and you prob are about everything in life, but thats just the way some people are.

you lose perspective...

Talking about miserable people and look who shows up, right on cue. Thats funny

cooch2584

1/2/2013  7:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/2/2013  8:00 PM
cooch2584 wrote:
tkf wrote:
cooch2584 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
cooch2584 wrote:

+1

you lose perspective...

And what about you tkf.Dont you "lose perspective" being so negative?

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/2/2013  8:33 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:

dk,

You nail it. the offense looked the best it has in a while. We just missed a lot of open shots we were hitting earlier. We put up 100pts unfortunately the slow start trend defensively reared its head again. We looked a lot better than the times Felton was leading the team in shot attempts but he is missed as long as he shoots less than 10 times

cooch2584

1/2/2013  8:42 PM
By the way, Portland is losing to the Raps by 17 in the 3rd qt and portland is shooting 42% and 20% from 3s.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/3/2013  10:19 AM
cooch2584 wrote:
cooch2584 wrote:
tkf wrote:
cooch2584 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
cooch2584 wrote:

+1

you lose perspective...

And what about you tkf.Dont you "lose perspective" being so negative?

No, cooch. tkf is very consistent. He never loses his perspective. Melo = devil

smackeddog
Member: #883
1/3/2013  11:33 AM
cooch2584 wrote:By the way, Portland is losing to the Raps by 17 in the 3rd qt and portland is shooting 42% and 20% from 3s.

I saw that- it really annoys me when teams and players seem to be unstoppable shooters against us. I don't think it's just our defense, opposing teams seem pumped to play against us.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/3/2013  11:42 AM
smackeddog wrote:
cooch2584 wrote:By the way, Portland is losing to the Raps by 17 in the 3rd qt and portland is shooting 42% and 20% from 3s.

I saw that- it really annoys me when teams and players seem to be unstoppable shooters against us. I don't think it's just our defense, opposing teams seem pumped to play against us.

Wally Szerbiak brought this up during the postgame. He said something to the effect that "Great teams realize that teams are gunning for them and are going to come out pumped". It shut Alan Hahn up in mid-sentence. Wally then used SAS as an example, which I don't really like, but hard to argue with him on this point.

We are either as good as our record or we're not. Great teams would beat the sheehit out of a 4-14 (or whatever they are) road team in our own building.

No, I'm not jumping off the homer bandwagon.
We beat SAS again and all will be right with the world. Still.

NUPE
Member: #4205

1/3/2013  12:11 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/3/2013  12:13 PM
The Knicks bricked multiple open shots all game and played bad defense most of the game. It's laughable that a few tried to blame Amar'e for this loss. As for Melo, he played a great game all around. I don't see how anyone could reasonably claim otherwise.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

1/3/2013  12:17 PM
smackeddog wrote:

Keep in mind, Portland was on the tail-end of a back to back on the road...

mrKnickShot

1/3/2013  1:29 PM
NUPE wrote:The Knicks bricked multiple open shots all game and played bad defense most of the game. It's laughable that a few tried to blame Amar'e for this loss. As for Melo, he played a great game all around. I don't see how anyone could reasonably claim otherwise.

Amare could definitely be the reason why we lost. He was way off and his defense stunk.

However, we certainly need to get him in the flow even if it meant that we had to eat this game.

Are ball movement was very good and we bricked open shots. That did not help and can be blamed as well.

NUPE
Member: #4205

1/3/2013  2:03 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:
NUPE wrote:The Knicks bricked multiple open shots all game and played bad defense most of the game. It's laughable that a few tried to blame Amar'e for this loss. As for Melo, he played a great game all around. I don't see how anyone could reasonably claim otherwise.

Amare could definitely be the reason why we lost. He was way off and his defense stunk.

However, we certainly need to get him in the flow even if it meant that we had to eat this game.

Are ball movement was very good and we bricked open shots. That did not help and can be blamed as well.

The Knicks lost as a team. There is no one to be singled out. The defense was horrid all around and everyone not named Melo or JR was missing open shots.

mrKnickShot

1/3/2013  2:05 PM
NUPE wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:

The Knicks lost as a team. There is no one to be singled out. The defense was horrid all around and everyone not named Melo or JR was missing open shots.

You can't always win because of X player but only lose because of the team.

If they don't brick? We win.

If Amare does not play? We probably win even with the bricks.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/3/2013  2:07 PM
No. The game was lost in the 1st quarter. Right in line with the Sacramento loss and the recent trend
Game Thread: Knick vs Blazers! On new years day.......Who plays?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy