[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Knick vs Blazers! On new years day.......Who plays?
Author Thread
NYDiva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4387

1/1/2013  11:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/2/2013  12:32 AM
mrKnickShot wrote:
NYDiva wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
3G4G wrote:When fans say....

"We really miss Felton"

How is this to be interpreted?

Does this mean we can't win without him?

Does this mean he does a wonderful job getting everybody involved while he shoots at high volume?

Does this mean he's stopping quick guards in the back court from doing damage on us?

Does this mean we ignore Felton's steady decline of play at point guard?

Spot on.

We really miss Felton. Funny.

Could we have won with Felton tonight? We woulda lost by 30.

It means we can have Kidd guard 2s

It means he can create offense out of the High PnR

It means he takes some pressure off of Melo

It means he is another player that can penetrate

No one is not saying he needs to shoot less but he is needed.

+1

Felton WAS playing well before the bone bruises on both hands, if folks remember. The shots he put up were going in. Felton needed to sit out for a week or so, and heal, but never did (probably b/c Melo kept going down), so his game suffered. A healthy Felton is still a good thing for this team, for all the reasons you listed above.

Are the bone bruises the reason(s) why he has been awful for most of his career? Or to be nice, I will just call it below average.

And if his hands were hurting so much, why keep shooting so much? At least Clyde gets it.

As I have said, you get what you pay for.

I'm only concerned with what Felton has done as a Knick, frankly. His career with the Knickerbockers thus far is more positive than negative.

I agree with yellowboy that no one is saying that he couldn't stand to shoot less. This is something that I'd venture to guess the vast majority at UK agree on about Felton. But that does not mean he is not missed, for the precise reasons yellowboy stated above.

AUTOADVERT
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
1/1/2013  11:57 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:dk,

one more thing, please tell me why we needed to constantly bring a double team to help Tyson on DA? Our DPOY needs a hard early double? REALLY?

you mean aldridge? if you do, aldridge is a clever player-- underrated but maybe in the west he is overshadowed a bit. and lets face it dpoy notwithstanding we all know that chandler is foul prone. he is also not that strong-- he gets pushed around quite a bit because he lacks lower body strength.

and yes carmelo's personality has an affect on the team. i guess if he is going to be an mvp candidate he needs to be a little hungrier and a little bit angrier. no?

Are...you....blaming this loss on Carmelo?

no i am not. but lets not have a double standard here. he gets credit for wins but is exonerated for losses? that won't fly.

the team has been underachieving lately. slow starts, defensive lassitude, not enough shots spread around from ball movement.

Did you see the ball movement by him tonight? You got us all watching closely.

it still needs to be better. 18 assists is too low but no question novak and kidd hurt us. is it acceptable that two guys take 55% of the shots but those apologists hahn and sczizerbak claim that other guys need to step it up? pretty facile postgame there.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

1/1/2013  11:58 PM
Best quote of the night IMHO

Thomas B.:
This team is like Voltron except one of the lions is always out with a knee injury.

and then

Thomas B.
January 1, 2013 at 10:35 pm

BigBlueAL: I always hated the kid with the glasses who rode one of the lions (green one I think??).

Yeah me too. Pidge I think his name was. Guess which Knick he would be.

dk7th
USA
1/1/2013  11:59 PM
NYKMentality wrote:
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:

one more thing, please tell me why we needed to constantly bring a double team to help Tyson on DA? Our DPOY needs a hard early double? REALLY?

you mean aldridge? if you do, aldridge is a clever player-- underrated but maybe in the west he is overshadowed a bit. and lets face it dpoy notwithstanding we all know that chandler is foul prone. he is also not that strong-- he gets pushed around quite a bit because he lacks lower body strength.

and yes carmelo's personality has an affect on the team. i guess if he is going to be an mvp candidate he needs to be a little hungrier and a little bit angrier. no?

no i am not. but lets not have a double standard here. he gets credit for wins but is exonerated for losses? that won't fly.

the team has been underachieving lately. slow starts, defensive lassitude, not enough shots spread around from ball movement.

Hey guy... You do understand that Melo put up 45 points off 14/24 shooting, 7 boards, 4 assist, 1 steal and only 2 turnovers.

Don't you DARE mention Melo as even a SINGLE REASON why we lost this game, when in actual reality, Melo put on a MJ23 type of performance while the team surrounded him played like crap. Especially Stoudemire, Copeland, Novak and Kidd. You know, the 4 guys who shot 4/23 combined.

Did you NOT watch the damn game guy? Mention Melo as a reason for this loss tonight again, and I'll always and forever question your basketball knowledge.

If you do not understand that guys such as Kidd, Novak, Copeland and Amar'e were the reason for our loss tonight while Melo completely balled out of control... You my friend are not only a laughing stock joke, but also completely freaking clueless in regards to NBA basketball.

I'm done. This place is a zoo after a loss. lol. Keep up the SMART POSTING guys.

ok

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/2/2013  12:01 AM
mrKnickShot wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Well IMO Woody hasn't been able to get the team to come out as strong as we did at the start of the season. We're constantly coming out lethargic and then coming on late. For a while now this team has been a better offensive team than defensive this season. With the injuries now we no longer have that top offense and that's what is giving lesser teams the edge on this team. The Knicks were never a top rebounding team and now that's coming back to bite them on the butt. Right now the Knicks aren't an Elite team in terms of how they've been playing. I do think that will change when we get healthy, but for right now this team is going to struggle a bit more than they're used to this year.

well our rebounding has little to do with injuries unless you really believe that Amare and Sheed are gonna make us a good rebounding team. I don't buy it.

My point about injuries only related to the offense not being as potent as it was. I wrote that the team was "never a top rebounding team" So I never said anything about injuries having anything to do with this teams weak rebounding. Like I said that's been a problem most of the season!!!

I do think not having Sheed and STAT does make it a bit harder on Tyson to have to carry the load on the boards. Unless you just want to ignore a couple of bigs that could grab about 10-15 more boards a night combined. This team does need to get healthy in addition to just playing with more effort overall. SO many MDA haters were going in on him for the team not defending and yet this team has fallen to 17th in the league in defense. The identity of the team was supposed to be a tough defensive team but it's turned into a typical MDA type team with the leagues #2 offense and #17 defense. So far this year if this team doesn't score efficiently they're going to be in trouble.

mrKnickShot
Alba Posts: 16
Member: #3553

1/2/2013  12:02 AM
dk7th wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:

it still needs to be better. 18 assists is too low but no question novak and kidd hurt us. is it acceptable that two guys take 55% of the shots but those apologists hahn and sczizerbak claim that other guys need to step it up? pretty facile postgame there.

dk,

You must go back and watch this game. Melo moved the ball very well. The team had loads of open looks. 18 is low and the team is averaging 20 which is 24th in the league. Tonight, if we hit some shots, we would have had 26 assists (at least) and the ball movement would have been praised.

You can't make comments like "18 assists is still too low" - it really makes it look like you missed the game. Hence the facile postgame remark.

mrKnickShot

1/2/2013  12:05 AM
nixluva wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Well IMO Woody hasn't been able to get the team to come out as strong as we did at the start of the season. We're constantly coming out lethargic and then coming on late. For a while now this team has been a better offensive team than defensive this season. With the injuries now we no longer have that top offense and that's what is giving lesser teams the edge on this team. The Knicks were never a top rebounding team and now that's coming back to bite them on the butt. Right now the Knicks aren't an Elite team in terms of how they've been playing. I do think that will change when we get healthy, but for right now this team is going to struggle a bit more than they're used to this year.

well our rebounding has little to do with injuries unless you really believe that Amare and Sheed are gonna make us a good rebounding team. I don't buy it.

My point about injuries only related to the offense not being as potent as it was. I wrote that the team was "never a top rebounding team" So I never said anything about injuries having anything to do with this teams weak rebounding. Like I said that's been a problem most of the season!!!

I do think not having Sheed and STAT does make it a bit harder on Tyson to have to carry the load on the boards. Unless you just want to ignore a couple of bigs that could grab about 10-15 more boards a night combined. This team does need to get healthy in addition to just playing with more effort overall. SO many MDA haters were going in on him for the team not defending and yet this team has fallen to 17th in the league in defense. The identity of the team was supposed to be a tough defensive team but it's turned into a typical MDA type team with the leagues #2 offense and #17 defense. So far this year if this team doesn't score efficiently they're going to be in trouble.

please lets leave MDA out of this discussion for petes sake!

Sheed can help them with boards though not sure about his minutes. Stat? Not really - plus please don'e overlook the number of offensive boards that he will give up.

We need a PG. Its glaringly obvious.

mrKnickShot

1/2/2013  12:06 AM
NYDiva wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
NYDiva wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
3G4G wrote:When fans say....

"We really miss Felton"

How is this to be interpreted?

Does this mean we can't win without him?

Does this mean he does a wonderful job getting everybody involved while he shoots at high volume?

Does this mean he's stopping quick guards in the back court from doing damage on us?

Does this mean we ignore Felton's steady decline of play at point guard?

Spot on.

We really miss Felton. Funny.

Could we have won with Felton tonight? We woulda lost by 30.

It means we can have Kidd guard 2s

It means he can create offense out of the High PnR

It means he takes some pressure off of Melo

It means he is another player that can penetrate

No one is not saying he needs to shoot less but he is needed.

+1

Felton WAS playing well before the bone bruises on both hands, if folks remember. The shots he put up were going in. Felton needed to sit out for a week or so, and heal, but never did (probably b/c Melo kept going down), so his game suffered. A healthy Felton is still a good thing for this team, for all the reasons you listed above.

Are the bone bruises the reason(s) why he has been awful for most of his career? Or to be nice, I will just call it below average.

And if his hands were hurting so much, why keep shooting so much? At least Clyde gets it.

As I have said, you get what you pay for.

I'm only concerned with what Felton has done as a Knick, frankly. His career with the Knickerbockers thus far is more positive than negative.

I agreed with yellowboy that no one is saying that he couldn't stand to shoot less, so not sure why that's being brought into it? This is something that I'd venture to guess the vast majority at UK agree on about Felton. But that does not mean he is not missed, for the precise reasons yellowboy stated above.

Well as a knick:

Started 2 seasons well and then ... not so good (career numbers kick in)

He also misses open guys everywhere - its really ugly

yellowboy90

1/2/2013  12:08 AM
The Holiday-Knicks sucks.
mrKnickShot

1/2/2013  12:09 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:The Holiday-Knicks sucks.

not last year.

Remember what happened on Christmas?

Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

1/2/2013  12:11 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/2/2013  12:12 AM
dk7th wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:

Hey guy... You do understand that Melo put up 45 points off 14/24 shooting, 7 boards, 4 assist, 1 steal and only 2 turnovers.

Don't you DARE mention Melo as even a SINGLE REASON why we lost this game, when in actual reality, Melo put on a MJ23 type of performance while the team surrounded him played like crap. Especially Stoudemire, Copeland, Novak and Kidd. You know, the 4 guys who shot 4/23 combined.

Did you NOT watch the damn game guy? Mention Melo as a reason for this loss tonight again, and I'll always and forever question your basketball knowledge.

If you do not understand that guys such as Kidd, Novak, Copeland and Amar'e were the reason for our loss tonight while Melo completely balled out of control... You my friend are not only a laughing stock joke, but also completely freaking clueless in regards to NBA basketball.

I'm done. This place is a zoo after a loss. lol. Keep up the SMART POSTING guys.

ok

Papabear Says

I suspect that TKF and dk7th are the same person dk7th only joined in May of 2012
study the way they post.
Papabear
mrKnickShot

1/2/2013  12:13 AM
Papabear wrote:
dk7th wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:

ok

Papabear Says

I suspect that TKF and dk7th are the same people dk7th only joined in May of 2012
study the way they post.

Don't think so.

Unless, the dk version does all the smart posts and the dk version also add all the insight. They share the hate but not the knowledge or lack there of

yellowboy90

1/2/2013  12:16 AM
mrKnickShot wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:The Holiday-Knicks sucks.

not last year.

Remember what happened on Christmas?

Thanksgiving at Camby's hhouse.

yellowboy90

1/2/2013  12:18 AM
mrKnickShot wrote:
Papabear wrote:
dk7th wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:

ok

Papabear Says

I suspect that TKF and dk7th are the same people dk7th only joined in May of 2012
study the way they post.

Don't think so.

Unless, the dk version does all the smart posts and the dk version also add all the insight. They share the hate but not the knowledge or lack there of

Tkf is just a lighter DK with a poorer post selection.

TeamBall
Member: #4386

1/2/2013  12:18 AM
Papabear wrote:Papabear Says

I suspect that TKF and dk7th are the same person dk7th only joined in May of 2012
study the way they post.

They were both at realgm(used to read those forums years ago during classes) but left due to Melo. Dont think theyre the same person
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
earthmansurfer
Member: #858
Germany
1/2/2013  2:35 AM
I've been critical of Felton, but it's clear we are missing him out there.
The next 4-6 weeks are probably going to be hard. No Felton and now we need to work on integrating Amare. Maybe things get going but I'm not holding my breath.
On a positive note, things MAY REALLY CHANGE once Shump gets going, but he is going to have to deal with rust as well.

If we are to get through the next month or so, they had better start playing defense. Nice time to take a break from watching the games (if you can't handle the L word)...

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
dk7th
USA
1/2/2013  9:00 AM
mrKnickShot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:

dk,

You must go back and watch this game. Melo moved the ball very well. The team had loads of open looks. 18 is low and the team is averaging 20 which is 24th in the league. Tonight, if we hit some shots, we would have had 26 assists (at least) and the ball movement would have been praised.

You can't make comments like "18 assists is still too low" - it really makes it look like you missed the game. Hence the facile postgame remark.

melo is taking and making shots is what i see. melo made a really nice dish to stoudemire and i'd like to see a whole lot more of that since it looks as though brewer's days are numbered as a starter. four assists is very good for him. melo is moving the ball okay but not enough to suit the team. you say loads of "open" looks but are they quality open looks that are results of a true offensive flow and cohesiveness? you say open looks and i see a disjointed herky-jerky offense.

here's the rub: it seems as though he can score at will, but should he? would it be better to keep the ball moving and allow others opportunities? i don't ask this rhetorically i ask it because i wonder if that would be better for the team in terms of focus.

and then there's the defense. is it conceivable that by moving the ball on offense you promote focus and intensity on defense?

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/2/2013  9:10 AM
Kidd going 0-5 in 35 minutes was not helpful. Stat's inclusion hurt any momentum we had in the 3rd period. without any penetration from our PG or threat of an outside shot at the position they clogged the paint and we needed Iso Melo and Iso JR to keep us in the game.

its good we have such talent to do so but them boys got gassed and the game was already in their hands.

Our record the last few weeks have not been good because of injuries but this was the deal going into the season and we knew the depth of the team would be used.

NYMental you have to understand its not a question of losing games or not recognizing the brilliant job Melo did. Its comical when you start calling his performance "MJ23" like. Mike before he learned to trust his team was a horrific ball hog so you need to be careful which vintage your calling him!

Melo did pass the ball around late last nite when he was gassed and I think he played well within the team game. Smith was great but we came up short for many reasons including looking very old in the back court, Novak not dropping shots, perimeter defense and Stat just being out of synch especially on defense.

I think Stat being in the game cost us.

But, if we are to truly contend it was a game that had to happen regardless the outcome. He looked like lost vet just traded to a team out of shape, out of synch in a preseason game. He looked lost on defense.

Blame it on Stat, but it necessary.

yellowboy90

1/2/2013  9:15 AM
dk7th wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:

dk,

melo is taking and making shots is what i see. melo made a really nice dish to stoudemire and i'd like to see a whole lot more of that since it looks as though brewer's days are numbered as a starter. four assists is very good for him. melo is moving the ball okay but not enough to suit the team. you say loads of "open" looks but are they quality open looks that are results of a true offensive flow and cohesiveness? you say open looks and i see a disjointed herky-jerky offense.

here's the rub: it seems as though he can score at will, but should he? would it be better to keep the ball moving and allow others opportunities? i don't ask this rhetorically i ask it because i wonder if that would be better for the team in terms of focus.

and then there's the defense. is it conceivable that by moving the ball on offense you promote focus and intensity on defense?

Tragic

cooch2584
Member: #1187

1/2/2013  9:21 AM
Papabear wrote:
dk7th wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:

ok

Papabear Says

study the way they post.

Papabear, I said this a while ago but NOOOOOO, no one listened to the cooch but Im glad SOMEONE noticed.And like superman and clark kent they are never posting at the same time. Ck it out I did.

Game Thread: Knick vs Blazers! On new years day.......Who plays?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy