[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Knick vs Blazers! On new years day.......Who plays?
Author Thread
TeamBall
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4386

1/1/2013  11:17 PM
dk7th wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:dk,

one more thing, please tell me why we needed to constantly bring a double team to help Tyson on DA? Our DPOY needs a hard early double? REALLY?

you mean aldridge? if you do, aldridge is a clever player-- underrated but maybe in the west he is overshadowed a bit. and lets face it dpoy notwithstanding we all know that chandler is foul prone. he is also not that strong-- he gets pushed around quite a bit because he lacks lower body strength.

and yes carmelo's personality has an affect on the team. i guess if he is going to be an mvp candidate he needs to be a little hungrier and a little bit angrier. no?

Are...you....blaming this loss on Carmelo?

Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/1/2013  11:18 PM

one more thing, please tell me why we needed to constantly bring a double team to help Tyson on DA? Our DPOY needs a hard early double? REALLY?

Well IMO Woody hasn't been able to get the team to come out as strong as we did at the start of the season. We're constantly coming out lethargic and then coming on late. For a while now this team has been a better offensive team than defensive this season. With the injuries now we no longer have that top offense and that's what is giving lesser teams the edge on this team. The Knicks were never a top rebounding team and now that's coming back to bite them on the butt. Right now the Knicks aren't an Elite team in terms of how they've been playing. I do think that will change when we get healthy, but for right now this team is going to struggle a bit more than they're used to this year.

mrKnickShot
Alba Posts: 16
Member: #3553

1/1/2013  11:23 PM
dk7th wrote:

you mean aldridge? if you do, aldridge is a clever player-- underrated but maybe in the west he is overshadowed a bit. and lets face it dpoy notwithstanding we all know that chandler is foul prone. he is also not that strong-- he gets pushed around quite a bit because he lacks lower body strength.

and yes carmelo's personality has an affect on the team. i guess if he is going to be an mvp candidate he needs to be a little hungrier and a little bit angrier. no?

Get angry at Tyson? Thats what you blame him for? That is not him. Not his personality - to scream at people. Did you hear the mic on him on christmas day?

Tyson does not need Melo to yell at him. He needs to play some freakin defense. Aldridge is good but Chandler is soft now? OVERRATED! I have said it all along and I still believe it. We are stuck with a declining Chandler now and he is carrying Amare's contract. He better be damn good to carry all that.

Amare and Tyson are 2 guys that pretty much had no other takers (Tyson GS and Amare PHX 3/60 million). Talking about losing our flexibility? Now we are losing because of Heat checks, Hero's, smiles and Melo not yelling at Tyson to play defense? Melo is playing defense this year - not sure you have noticed.

Tyson is foul prone and not strong enough. Sheeeesh! Scary - where does that leave us?

3G4G
Member: #4333

1/1/2013  11:23 PM
When fans say....

"We really miss Felton"

How is this to be interpreted?

Does this mean we can't win without him?

Does this mean he does a wonderful job getting everybody involved while he shoots at high volume?

Does this mean he's stopping quick guards in the back court from doing damage on us?

Does this mean we ignore Felton's steady decline of play at point guard?

NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

1/1/2013  11:29 PM
Oh well. We lost an NBA basketball game. Life is such in the NBA. Move on people. Nothing to harp all over. We're 2nd place of the Eastern Conference at only 1 game behind Miami for the one seed along with a 21-10 record. Jesus Christ; some people on here are acting as if the Knicks are 4-25 overall. It's called a loss people, and, they do happen in the NBA.
mrKnickShot

1/1/2013  11:30 PM
nixluva wrote:

Well IMO Woody hasn't been able to get the team to come out as strong as we did at the start of the season. We're constantly coming out lethargic and then coming on late. For a while now this team has been a better offensive team than defensive this season. With the injuries now we no longer have that top offense and that's what is giving lesser teams the edge on this team. The Knicks were never a top rebounding team and now that's coming back to bite them on the butt. Right now the Knicks aren't an Elite team in terms of how they've been playing. I do think that will change when we get healthy, but for right now this team is going to struggle a bit more than they're used to this year.

well our rebounding has little to do with injuries unless you really believe that Amare and Sheed are gonna make us a good rebounding team. I don't buy it.

Our starting 5 is very very very weak offensively. Felton started out hot which masked the glaring issues that we have but Felton is back being consistently bad now so we see the ugliness.

Can Amare help us offensively? Sure he can (if he hits his J and somehow stays (not to) injured. But he also destroys us defensively.

Unfortunately, I think the key to this team is Priggy which is a scary thought. He needs more minutes and to get into the flow. He is playing to timid right now and his shot is not falling which I believe is due to him not being in there enough. I actually think that he should start.

I would also really look closely at dealing for a PG like Ridenour (type) which won't be easy.

If somehow Woody can get Amare and Tyson to actually learn how to box out that would be really nice.

Tyson had ONE defensive rebound tonight. That is AWFUL!

mrKnickShot

1/1/2013  11:32 PM
NYKMentality wrote:Oh well. We lost an NBA basketball game. Life is such in the NBA. Move on people. Nothing to harp all over. We're 2nd place of the Eastern Conference at only 1 game behind Miami for the one seed along with a 21-10 record. Jesus Christ; some people on here are acting as if the Knicks are 4-25 overall. It's called a loss people, and, they do happen in the NBA.

No pom poms needed. We all believe they will make the playoffs. Who the hell cares about 21-10. You give the same speech after each loss.

This team will not/cannot contend in the playoffs like this. I could care less about their record at this point - I want them to play well.

mrKnickShot

1/1/2013  11:33 PM
3G4G wrote:When fans say....

"We really miss Felton"

Does this mean he does a wonderful job getting everybody involved while he shoots at high volume?

Does this mean he's stopping quick guards in the back court from doing damage on us?

Spot on.

We really miss Felton. Funny.

Could we have won with Felton tonight? We woulda lost by 30.

NYKMentality

1/1/2013  11:37 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/1/2013  11:39 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:Tyson had ONE defensive rebound tonight. That is AWFUL!

Um... You do not only know, but also understand that Tyson Chandler averages 10.2 boards per game, right? Good enough to rank 9th overall. Chandler only had 1 defensive board tonight but he put up 7 overall boards (6 offensive). Chandler had an off-night on the boards, but it still doesn't change the fact that Tyson Chandler is one of the strongest rebounders in the game today.

Coach Woodson needs to "teach Tyson Chandler how to box out". Um... Have you watched the games and/or do you know what you're watching while watching these games? You don't rank top 10 in NBA boards off the glass, if you don't do a strong job of "boxing out".

Yes, Tyson had an off night on the defensive boards, but, what the heck are you talking about? O.K. I'm done. This place is a hell hole after a simple regular season loss while the harpers run wild.

Chander can't box out? Love you when you're up, kick you while you're down type of fan you are. Funny how quickly you've forgotten Tyson's 18 boards (12 defensive boards) only the game before this one.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

1/1/2013  11:38 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:

"We really miss Felton"

Spot on.

It means we can have Kidd guard 2s

It means he can create offense out of the High PnR

It means he takes some pressure off of Melo

It means he is another player that can penetrate

No one is not saying he needs to shoot less but he is needed.

dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
1/1/2013  11:39 PM
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:

no i am not. but lets not have a double standard here. he gets credit for wins but is exonerated for losses? that won't fly.

the team has been underachieving lately. slow starts, defensive lassitude, not enough shots spread around from ball movement.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
NYKMentality

1/1/2013  11:42 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:Oh well. We lost an NBA basketball game. Life is such in the NBA. Move on people. Nothing to harp all over. We're 2nd place of the Eastern Conference at only 1 game behind Miami for the one seed along with a 21-10 record. Jesus Christ; some people on here are acting as if the Knicks are 4-25 overall. It's called a loss people, and, they do happen in the NBA.

This team will not/cannot contend in the playoffs like this. I could care less about their record at this point - I want them to play well.

Sorry, but some fans aren't as simple minded as yourself in regards to the actual big picture.

"This team". Come playoff time? "This team"?

A.) Raymond Felton will be back as our starting PG.
B.) Iman Shumpert will be back as our starting 2G in replace of Brewer.
C.) Both Amar'e and Melo won't be returning off injury.
D.) Rasheed Wallace will be back.

We may not all be healthy at the same time, but what "this team" are you talking about come postseason play?

mrKnickShot

1/1/2013  11:44 PM
NYKMentality wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:Tyson had ONE defensive rebound tonight. That is AWFUL!

Um... You do not only know, but also understand that Tyson Chandler averages 10.2 boards per game, right? Good enough to rank 9th overall. Chandler only had 1 defensive board tonight but he put up 7 overall boards (6 offensive). Chandler had an off-night on the boards, but it still doesn't change the fact that Tyson Chandler is one of the strongest rebounders in the game today.

Coach Woodson needs to "teach Tyson Chandler how to box out". Um... Have you watched the games and/or do you know what you're watching while watching these games? You don't rank top 10 in NBA boards off the glass, if you don't do a strong job of "boxing out".

Yes, Tyson had an off night on the defensive boards, but, what the heck are you talking about? O.K. I'm done. This place is a hell hole after a simple regular season loss while the harpers run wild.

Chander can't box out? Love you when you're up, kick you while you're down type of fan you are. Funny how quickly you've forgotten Tyson's 18 boards (12 defensive boards) only the game before this one.

Chandler is a good offensive rebounder and a bad defensive rebounder. Take a look at previous DPOY's and you may begin to understand.

Good night!

21-10 YAY - WE GOT OUR RING

Nice pep talks though.

mrKnickShot

1/1/2013  11:45 PM
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:

no i am not. but lets not have a double standard here. he gets credit for wins but is exonerated for losses? that won't fly.

the team has been underachieving lately. slow starts, defensive lassitude, not enough shots spread around from ball movement.

Did you see the ball movement by him tonight? You got us all watching closely.

mrKnickShot

1/1/2013  11:46 PM
NYKMentality wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:

Sorry, but some fans aren't as simple minded as yourself in regards to the actual big picture.

"This team". Come playoff time? "This team"?

A.) Raymond Felton will be back as our starting PG.
B.) Iman Shumpert will be back as our starting 2G in replace of Brewer.
C.) Both Amar'e and Melo won't be returning off injury.
D.) Rasheed Wallace will be back.

We may not all be healthy at the same time, but what "this team" are you talking about come postseason play?

Ha! Simple minded.

You should work for Fox News.

Hillarious. You are cute though - I get a kick out of you.

Anyways, enough wasted dialogue - let me get back to the grown ups.

dk7th
USA
1/1/2013  11:47 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:
dk7th wrote:

Get angry at Tyson? Thats what you blame him for? That is not him. Not his personality - to scream at people. Did you hear the mic on him on christmas day?

Tyson does not need Melo to yell at him. He needs to play some freakin defense. Aldridge is good but Chandler is soft now? OVERRATED! I have said it all along and I still believe it. We are stuck with a declining Chandler now and he is carrying Amare's contract. He better be damn good to carry all that.

Amare and Tyson are 2 guys that pretty much had no other takers (Tyson GS and Amare PHX 3/60 million). Talking about losing our flexibility? Now we are losing because of Heat checks, Hero's, smiles and Melo not yelling at Tyson to play defense? Melo is playing defense this year - not sure you have noticed.

Tyson is foul prone and not strong enough. Sheeeesh! Scary - where does that leave us?

no i don't mean get angry at tyson at all. i mean talk to his teammates before the games-- maybe he does but i doubt it since he is aloof-- and get them in a mindset where he demands defensive intensity from himself and others.

i like players who like to pull the sled up the hill just as much as sledding down the hill. we aren't getting that here with this team right now. the mvp candidate needs to elevate his role.

chandler is on the decline. not much tread left on a straight from high school player and he is not the physical specimen kevin garnett is.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
NYDiva
Member: #4387

1/1/2013  11:47 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:

"We really miss Felton"

Spot on.

+1

Felton WAS playing well before the bone bruises on both hands, if folks remember. The shots he put up were going in. Felton needed to sit out for a week or so, and heal, but never did (probably b/c Melo kept going down), so his game suffered. A healthy Felton is still a good thing for this team, for all the reasons you listed above.

NYKMentality

1/1/2013  11:49 PM
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:

Hey guy... You do understand that Melo put up 45 points off 14/24 shooting, 7 boards, 4 assist, 1 steal and only 2 turnovers.

Don't you DARE mention Melo as even a SINGLE REASON why we lost this game, when in actual reality, Melo put on a MJ23 type of performance while the team surrounded him played like crap. Especially Stoudemire, Copeland, Novak and Kidd. You know, the 4 guys who shot 4/23 combined.

Did you NOT watch the damn game guy? Mention Melo as a reason for this loss tonight again, and I'll always and forever question your basketball knowledge.

If you do not understand that guys such as Kidd, Novak, Copeland and Amar'e were the reason for our loss tonight while Melo completely balled out of control... You my friend are not only a laughing stock joke, but also completely freaking clueless in regards to NBA basketball.

I'm done. This place is a zoo after a loss. lol. Keep up the SMART POSTING guys.

dk7th
USA

it's not that you lose it's how you lose.

it's not that you win it's how you win.

bill bradley taught us that when they raised his jersey to the rafters.

mrKnickShot

NYDiva wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:

"We really miss Felton"

Spot on.

+1

Felton WAS playing well before the bone bruises on both hands, if folks remember. The shots he put up were going in. Felton needed to sit out for a week or so, and heal, but never did (probably b/c Melo kept going down), so his game suffered. A healthy Felton is still a good thing for this team, for all the reasons you listed above.

Are the bone bruises the reason(s) why he has been awful for most of his career? Or to be nice, I will just call it below average.

And if his hands were hurting so much, why keep shooting so much? At least Clyde gets it.

As I have said, you get what you pay for.

Game Thread: Knick vs Blazers! On new years day.......Who plays?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy