[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Knick vs Blazers! On new years day.......Who plays?
Author Thread
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

1/1/2013  10:46 PM
What happened to the great defense we had in November. In November we held teams under 100 points most nights. We destroyed a fully healthy heat team twice. We even played great defense against the spurs when we came back down twelve in their court.
AUTOADVERT
mrKnickShot
Alba Posts: 16
Member: #3553

1/1/2013  10:46 PM
3G4G wrote:
Killa4luv wrote:
3G4G wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
3G4G wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:Woody really drew up some smart ones.

Father Figured they'd go in

The Melo one was actually a good shot and the best they will get in that situation. Our best chance to tie.

Like it or not.

The JR one? Eeeeeesh.

24sec left plenty of time. Could have played for the 2 so I beg to differ that was the best shot he could get, especially since the basket prior to he went to the hole for an And1.

Typical Hero Ball type of shot

But as we've been told when you need someone to take the last second shot when the game is close you better have a Carmelo Anthony...

I hope fans are letting it sink in as I've always maintained....WE DON'T WANT TO PLAY GAMES WHEN IT COMES DOWN TO A LAST SECOND SHOT

Instead I want to be leading the game by a few possessions if possible. Last second shots at best you're going to convert about 30% of them and those are of the elite players, which means you're clanking most for losses.

When Melo has 45% of our points, is shooting 68% from the field, 45% from 3, has 7 rebounds and 4 assists, you have to try really hard to blame him for this loss.

SO what I'm saying is, thanks for trying really hard. Ur effort isn't going unnoticed. hater.

Killa I'm not blaming him at all FACT remains he could have taken a better shot. Also by pointing out the last second who do you want to have ball in hands mantra is more of an indictment on fans feeling that's the end all to be all if you have a player capable of coming through in Hero form.

I've always argued I don't want games coming down to last seconds shots. I think Jordan made a commercial saying he missed more game winning shots than he made. Are they memorable when converted, are they blissful, are they exciting? Yes but you want a game in hand because a team has played it fluidly throughout. We didn't tonight and lost. Melo gave everything he had just came up short and if it wasn't for him we probably never come back and remain blown out for the duration. Next time if it comes down to that I want to see him get off a better shot.

I guess all the current NBA players are channeling Kobe and not Jordan.

Kobe is all about hero ball and everyone is gaga over him.

mrKnickShot

1/1/2013  10:47 PM
TeamBall wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:ah. last year our defensive player of the year won it because the team did not play defense (remember his comment (which was true)?).

SMH that so many will not blame Tyson when he has been brutally awful. We signed him and gave up our coveted amnesty for DEFENSE!

I said I put the blame on the entire team. Tyson is on the team. You want me to blame Tyson for Pablo, Kidd, and Amare getting burned? Im not absolving Tyson of any blame.

keep dancing.

Tyson is our anchor and he should be far more accountable.

never mind.

dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
1/1/2013  10:50 PM
Papabear wrote:
dk7th wrote:om my god did melo get away with a carry or what

Papabear Says

Damn ! Who's side are you on???

i am on the side of good basketball, which means defense and teamwork, and lets add here that leadership is important too. where's the leadership?

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
TeamBall
Member: #4386

mrKnickShot wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:ah. last year our defensive player of the year won it because the team did not play defense (remember his comment (which was true)?).

SMH that so many will not blame Tyson when he has been brutally awful. We signed him and gave up our coveted amnesty for DEFENSE!

I said I put the blame on the entire team. Tyson is on the team. You want me to blame Tyson for Pablo, Kidd, and Amare getting burned? Im not absolving Tyson of any blame.

keep dancing.

never mind.

Lol no need to be condescending. If we disagree than we disagree. You dont have to get angry when everyone doesnt share the same opinion as you
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
3G4G
Member: #4333

Uptown wrote:
3G4G wrote:
Uptown wrote:
3G4G wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
3G4G wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:So the gameplan every game is too get our ass kicked in teh first half and then have to claw back and come up short good plan woody

Don't forget chuck minimum 30 3s

uh ....

I think thats how Portland won.

Portland has no player who can create off the dribble consistently except maybe Lillard and he's a rook. Portland is also barely above .500. If you look at the teams in the Top 15 at 3FGA/gm you'll find some crappy teams to mediocre teams listed

You live and die by the 3. Portland had control the whole game and yet the game was still in the wane of decision.

Put the agenda aside and lates talk real basketball....Portland shot 50% from the field and outrebounded us by 10....Thats why we lost. Portland scored over 100pts which is how much we gave up in each of our last 5 losses I believe...

Agreed I don't think Portland won by game planning for 3ball play. At the same time we need to stop chucking up so many 3s and play better in the other areas of the game you mentioned.

If you haven't noticed in Nov we were shooting 44-46% from 3pt range as a team. The past month we're shooting about 36% as a team, which has us at 39% overall. Yes our 3pt shooting is a growing issue especially if a team is already poor at rebounding and we're missing more of them.

You are right about about 3 point % declining over the weeks, With that said, I'm more concerned with our defense or lack thereof. Remember that putrid offensive game we had against the Pacers at the garden? We shot 7-25 from 3 and still won the game comfortably. Why? We hald them to 39% shooting and 76 pts.....The sooner we realize its defense and rebounding that is going to help us win ball-games the sooner we can stop nit-picking at an offense that still put 100pts on the board....

Our defensive effort was better around that time, although the Pacers were pure trash that game offensively. If you haven't noticed the Pacers have been playing much much much much much much better since.

Yes our defense needs major addressing. PPA/gm continues to rise and out FG% allowed is rising. We're a pretty crappy defensive team all the way around right now.

mrKnickShot

1/1/2013  10:53 PM
TeamBall wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
TeamBall wrote:

keep dancing.

never mind.

Lol no need to be condescending. If we disagree than we disagree. You dont have to get angry when everyone doesnt share the same opinion as you

not angry.

SMH

thats all.

Chandler had 1 defensive rebound. ONE (not angry)!

He got killed in the PNR

Can't block a shot

Does not box out

Can't do anything other than dunk

WE NEED HIM TO PLAY DEFENSE. Melo should get blame when he stinks offensively and Chandler should get roasted when he sucks defensively.

No free passes.

mrKnickShot

1/1/2013  10:54 PM
dk7th wrote:
Papabear wrote:

Papabear Says

i am on the side of good basketball, which means defense and teamwork, and lets add here that leadership is important too. where's the leadership?

our DPOY should answer that question

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/1/2013  10:54 PM
To be fair Tyson has a bad ankle. I think the problem tonight was starting KT. Brewer has to start with felton and shump out. Pretty sure Woodson will start Camby until Amare is ready after tonight bad start
dk7th
USA
1/1/2013  10:55 PM
a lack of focus and intensity is a leadership issue. who are the leaders on this team?

also since felton is out we need to see kidd, prigioni, melo, and stat work pick and roll a lot more.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
Clean
Member: #743
1/1/2013  10:57 PM
One thing I noticed about chandler is he gets pissed when he challeneges a shot and no one boxes out his man. He did that same thing about 2 to 3 timeswhen camby challenged a shot and let LA just tip the ball in.
TeamBall

1/1/2013  10:58 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:not angry.

SMH

thats all.

He got killed in the PNR

Can't block a shot

Does not box out

WE NEED HIM TO PLAY DEFENSE. Melo should get blame when he stinks offensively and Chandler should get roasted when he sucks defensively.

No free passes.

I agree with all of this and hes been doing it for a while now. Its just that the rest of the team joined him recently.
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
mrKnickShot

1/1/2013  10:59 PM
gunsnewing wrote:To be fair Tyson has a bad ankle. I think the problem tonight was starting KT. Brewer has to start with felton and shump out. Pretty sure Woodson will start Camby until Amare is ready after tonight bad start

Bad ankle? C'mon!

Melo has/had stitches in his finger and has a sprained MCL and he is playing good defense and scoring 45 points.

No excuses. As JVG says, if you play, you're ok.

mrKnickShot

1/1/2013  11:02 PM
TeamBall wrote:

SMH

thats all.

He got killed in the PNR

Can't block a shot

Does not box out

No free passes.

I agree with all of this and hes been doing it for a while now. Its just that the rest of the team joined him recently.

He is the defensive captain. Of course they will follow. However, lets look at the players:

JR - playing great defense
Melo - very solid defense
Kidd - old - what did we expect?
Brewer - awful - he should sit. Again, he is a min player. Next body ...
Felton - bad defense
Priggy - decent defense. far better than I/we expected
Novak - what did you expect? He always sucked on defense

Who is the issue really?

dk7th
USA
1/1/2013  11:03 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Papabear wrote:

Papabear Says

well we already know that quicker point guards are going to kill us even with felton in there, and good 3-point shooters are going to kill us too. we have not closed out the 3-point shot for weeks now and we are starting to falter. chandler is not the primary person to look at for those two things. good rebounders like hickson are chandler's primary concern and yes he needs to get it together there.

i wonder where the complacency comes from...

mrKnickShot

1/1/2013  11:05 PM
dk7th wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Papabear wrote:

Papabear Says

well we already know that quicker point guards are going to kill us even with felton in there, and good 3-point shooters are going to kill us too. we have not closed out the 3-point shot for weeks now and we are starting to falter. chandler is not the primary person to look at for those two things. good rebounders like hickson are chandler's primary concern and yes he needs to get it together there.

i wonder where the complacency comes from...

ha!

Melo! I knew it - just could not put my finger on it.

Chandler has been horrible but never mind since that does not fit .......

mrKnickShot

1/1/2013  11:07 PM
dk,

one more thing, please tell me why we needed to constantly bring a double team to help Tyson on DA? Our DPOY needs a hard early double? REALLY?

TeamBall

1/1/2013  11:10 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:
TeamBall wrote:

SMH

thats all.

He got killed in the PNR

Can't block a shot

Does not box out

No free passes.

He is the defensive captain. Of course they will follow. However, lets look at the players:

Felton - bad defense

Who is the issue really?

See now im confused. You said "no free passes" in your previous post and you're now giving Kidd, Felton, and Novak free passes on defense. The only one I'd let slide is Novak considering he was not signed to play defense. But we both agree that Tyson was signed to play Defense and he just puts no effort into it for some reason.

mrKnickShot

1/1/2013  11:13 PM
TeamBall wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
TeamBall wrote:

SMH

thats all.

He got killed in the PNR

Can't block a shot

Does not box out

No free passes.

Felton - bad defense

Who is the issue really?

See now im confused. You said "no free passes" in your previous post and you're now giving Kidd, Felton, and Novak free passes on defense. The only one I'd let slide is Novak considering he was not signed to play defense. But we both agree that Tyson was signed to play Defense and he just puts no effort into it for some reason.

Free passes? I have killed Felton and follow the game threads - I have been screaming for Novak to sit.

Kidd is the only free pass because he is old and overused.

I am hard on everyone. Not a homer or hater.

dk7th
USA
1/1/2013  11:14 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:dk,

one more thing, please tell me why we needed to constantly bring a double team to help Tyson on DA? Our DPOY needs a hard early double? REALLY?

you mean aldridge? if you do, aldridge is a clever player-- underrated but maybe in the west he is overshadowed a bit. and lets face it dpoy notwithstanding we all know that chandler is foul prone. he is also not that strong-- he gets pushed around quite a bit because he lacks lower body strength.

and yes carmelo's personality has an affect on the team. i guess if he is going to be an mvp candidate he needs to be a little hungrier and a little bit angrier. no?

Game Thread: Knick vs Blazers! On new years day.......Who plays?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy