[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Jason Richardson
Author Thread
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
3/29/2004  4:16 PM
ESPN Insider today had a little thing on Mickael Pietrus, the Warriors' 2guard who has started to play much better. They just went on a 7 game winning streak when his minutes/game went over 20. Ford finishes the article (I can't copy it for some reason) that "Jason Richardson may be expendable at the two next season."

I think Richardson is the perfect type of player for the Knicks. Super-athletic, young, and has yet to come into his own. The Warriors have Mike Dunleavy, Troy Murphy, and Speedy Claxton all approaching the end of their contracts and with Pietrus at 2, I wonder if they would trade Richardson for cap space. I would throw them Frank Williams and filler if they wanted it, but Claxton hasn't been bad and I think they'd prefer cap room (like the Suns w/ Marbury or the Hawks w/ Abdur-Rahim/Ratliff) over a potential starting PG when they alreday have one. With Mutumbo, Trybanski, and Harrington all with expiring contracts once the season ends, I wonder if the Knicks could take Richardson and the Warriors only really bad contract in Evan Eschmeyer for Mutumbo and Trybanski. The Warriors only have around $10 million in guaranteed contracts the season after next, and the Knicks get the replacement to Houston and Penny, who are inconsistent, old, and injury plagued.
#Knickstaps
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/29/2004  4:46 PM
Richardson is intriguing. I don't think the Knicks have a chance at him though. We'd have to move Houston.

You kno the only shooting guard I can think about that was signed into his late 30's like Houston was Mitch Richman. Houston is not in that guys class. Wish Layden signed him to a 4 year contract. What did he think Allan would play healthy forever?

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
3/30/2004  1:25 AM
you know layden is looooong gone, but i guess his memory lives on. not a day goes by that i don't read his name on this board. god that guy was sad. just a thought. sorry i brought him up.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/30/2004  9:53 AM
I would rather have Pietrus. Especially with the way TT can score I would love to have a lock down defender at the 2 spot. Unfortunatly we are stuck there with Penny and Shandon and even H20. D
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/30/2004  10:00 AM
although jrich is nice, with an ailing houston, we need a SG that can hit a jumpshot. that would be a better fit with stephon.
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
3/30/2004  11:28 AM
i remember some time ago that i would like to have pietrus. he seems like a better prospect not on talent per say but a better fit. he would be a role player and slasher we need. some one who is WILLING to wait in the wings until houston retires. better defender than jrich. now, i like richardson too. but i can not see the warriors trading richardson. i think they think of him as their franchise player. how would it look if they traded jamison and richardson in back to back seasons not to mention losing gilbert arenas? plus they will lose dampier in the summer. no way they will give up j-rich. it would be the worst franchise move. already oakland can't stand st. jean. what do you think they will do if they traded away their ONLY attraction on the team? are they going to get their tickets to see mike dunleavy? doubt it!
Jason Richardson

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy