OT: NYETS FIRE AVERY
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
12/28/2012  3:19 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
Nalod wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:The minute grunwald traded amnestied billups for tyson and hired woodson he undermined dantoni and put his stamp on the team. Deron is still a coach killer. Sloan will only sign with the nets because they have some talent

Who signs the checks? Who sets media policy?

If Sloan resigned out of disgust from his relationship with Deron I can't imagine a guy coming back for a reunion.

We talking about a 67 year old man who is I'd put even odds toe to toe with Deron in a fist fight!

Would Deron even approave it?

Is Deron a coach killer or you just have it in for the guy?

The real question you should ask "Is Deron Williams not a Coach Killer?" or "Can Deron Williams change his ways?"

Substitute Deron Williams name with Stephon Marbury and you have your answer.

I think the Nets owner and management is so hell bent on being better then the knicks and winning the division so they have the bragging rights and making dolan look silly or inept..

The nets suck, and deron will is not your problem, the team was put together base on talent, not chemistry.

ES
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
12/28/2012  3:20 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:Nixluva,

Aren't the knicks one of the slowest paced teams in the league?

It was like that when we had Duhon running the offense too. There is more to MDA's offense than PACE. We ran mostly just his halfcourt stuff for a long time here. Woody has employed some of that same halfcourt base offense with a few twists. Still it's primarily the same offense with similar results to what you'd expect from a D'Antoni team. I think we'll see more inside game when we get STAT and Sheed back.

Avery and Deron had to have some issues. Deron coming out with his comment about the offense wasn't exactly done to show support for Avery. I'm not sure we can say Deron is a coach killer, but he certainly helps put the noose around the neck.

mrKnickShot
Alba Posts: 16
Member: #3553

12/28/2012  4:23 PM
nixluva wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:Nixluva,

Aren't the knicks one of the slowest paced teams in the league?

It was like that when we had Duhon running the offense too. There is more to MDA's offense than PACE. We ran mostly just his halfcourt stuff for a long time here. Woody has employed some of that same halfcourt base offense with a few twists. Still it's primarily the same offense with similar results to what you'd expect from a D'Antoni team. I think we'll see more inside game when we get STAT and Sheed back.

Avery and Deron had to have some issues. Deron coming out with his comment about the offense wasn't exactly done to show support for Avery. I'm not sure we can say Deron is a coach killer, but he certainly helps put the noose around the neck.

MDA is a good offensive mind though a one track mind (don't freak out).

As it was said in one of the knicks post game analysis, "a good coach is one who takes all that he has learned and mixes and matches based on his personnel and what he has learned. Kudos to Woody for taking the good of MDA (which is good) and leaving the bad (which was awful)

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/28/2012  4:41 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Nalod wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:The minute grunwald traded amnestied billups for tyson and hired woodson he undermined dantoni and put his stamp on the team. Deron is still a coach killer. Sloan will only sign with the nets because they have some talent

If Sloan resigned out of disgust from his relationship with Deron I can't imagine a guy coming back for a reunion.

We talking about a 67 year old man who is I'd put even odds toe to toe with Deron in a fist fight!

The real question you should ask "Is Deron Williams not a Coach Killer?" or "Can Deron Williams change his ways?"

I think the Nets owner and management is so hell bent on being better then the knicks and winning the division so they have the bragging rights and making dolan look silly or inept..

The nets suck, and deron will is not your problem, the team was put together base on talent, not chemistry.

I've seen that movie before!!!!!

So with 30 games in our pocket and 5 or so games head you can really talk serious smack as if we were a dynasty?

They a .500 team, its not a disaster quite yet.

I can say the knicks are very concerned about the Nets as well with the roster as constructed. We are in win now mode which is working so its all good.

Nets are desperate to make a splash with the rebranding and the window to succeed, or perhaps "Not phuch it up" is not that wide.

Knicks roster would look like shyt if they were .500 and media would be all over it.

knicks1248
12/28/2012  5:24 PM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Nalod wrote:

I've seen that movie before!!!!!

So with 30 games in our pocket and 5 or so games head you can really talk serious smack as if we were a dynasty?

They a .500 team, its not a disaster quite yet.

I can say the knicks are very concerned about the Nets as well with the roster as constructed. We are in win now mode which is working so its all good.

Nets are desperate to make a splash with the rebranding and the window to succeed, or perhaps "Not phuch it up" is not that wide.

Knicks roster would look like shyt if they were .500 and media would be all over it.

if we were .500 it would be the amare, shump factor...
ES
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/28/2012  7:28 PM
Ken Berger‏@KBergCBS

If the Nets hired Jeff Van Gundy, coaching industry sources believe strongly he would hire Knicks icon Patrick Ewing as an assistant.

That would suck.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/28/2012  7:29 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/28/2012  7:40 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Ken Berger‏@KBergCBS

If the Nets hired Jeff Van Gundy, coaching industry sources believe strongly he would hire Knicks icon Patrick Ewing as an assistant.

That would suck.

Oh god my 2 worst fears in 1 swoop

That said I doubt JVG will take the job. Media loves making **** up

I rather them hire phil or sloan then see my worst nightmare come to fruition

knicks1248
12/28/2012  7:58 PM

That would suck.

Really, who's that suppose to be?

somebody makes an assumption that makes sense and they use a fancy term to list it's source..lol

ES
CrushAlot
USA
12/28/2012  8:02 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

That would suck.

somebody makes an assumption that makes sense and they use a fancy term to list it's source..lol

I guess you have to go on Berger's reputation.
knicks1248
12/28/2012  8:15 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

That would suck.

Basically, but the thought of JVG coaching the net is almost a no brainer, anyone is going to flert with the idea..Not just coaching industry..

It would be brutal to have to root against JVG and Ewing and Trust and believe a good amount of knicks fans would easily make the transition..

If the russian really wanted to kick Dolan in the NUTS, hire JVG..

ES
gunsnewing
USA
12/28/2012  10:01 PM
Nyets should stick with PJ and try to capitalize on their players being re-energized as opposed to hiring a new coach and system midseason which rarely ever works out
CrushAlot
USA
12/28/2012  10:19 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

That would suck.

Basically, but the thought of JVG coaching the net is almost a no brainer, anyone is going to flert with the idea..Not just coaching industry..

It would be brutal to have to root against JVG and Ewing and Trust and believe a good amount of knicks fans would easily make the transition..

If the russian really wanted to kick Dolan in the NUTS, hire JVG..

I agree about Pat and Jeff. Two of my all time favorites. It would be really hard to stomach that.
Syniko
Member: #3969

12/29/2012  1:18 AM
I don't JVG is itching for a coaching job.
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

12/29/2012  10:04 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/29/2012  10:06 AM
How soon you guys forget,Jeff Vangundy will be a lifetime announcer and here's why.

He trashes the league and it's officials on a regular basis from rule changes to the way flagrants are being called.

Jeff convinced me to me that he's a glorified assistant that inherited a vet Pat Riley team who knew the system, when he went to the Houston Rockets he bombed out.

He only coaches defense he knows it well, but that wasn't enough for him to be a head coach, notice it didn't even work for him in Houston.

He sucked up to Ewing in NY as an assistant coach, so when Nelson was fired Pat endorsed him for the head coaching Job in NY, Ewing has a flunkie for life.

Jeff is a better announcer than he would be a head coach now anyways.

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
CrushAlot
USA
12/29/2012  11:20 AM
playa2 wrote:How soon you guys forget,Jeff Vangundy will be a lifetime announcer and here's why.

He trashes the league and it's officials on a regular basis from rule changes to the way flagrants are being called.

Jeff convinced me to me that he's a glorified assistant that inherited a vet Pat Riley team who knew the system, when he went to the Houston Rockets he bombed out.

He only coaches defense he knows it well, but that wasn't enough for him to be a head coach, notice it didn't even work for him in Houston.

He sucked up to Ewing in NY as an assistant coach, so when Nelson was fired Pat endorsed him for the head coaching Job in NY, Ewing has a flunkie for life.

I disagree about your take on him as a coach but I agree that he takes every chance he can to trash the league. I think he really was told something by a ref and has loathed Stern ever since the fine and threats that came out of that. He has a freedom as an announcer to continue to throw barbs at Stern that he would lose. I also think Jeff is a guy that is all consumed by coaching and that it eats him up. His family may not want him to go back.

Nalod
USA
12/29/2012  1:20 PM
He is an entertainer in a job he gets paid to entertain by a network whose primary is to sell entertainment.

The team he took to the finals was 4 years after riles left.

His teams in Houston were killed by injuries.

Should have kept Lawrence Frank.

gunsnewing
USA
12/29/2012  1:24 PM
Lawrence Frank was getting a lot of heat in Detroit. He finally started playing his bench which is talented and they are now playing better
Nalod
USA
12/29/2012  5:22 PM

JVG is taking the high road and not even commenting publicly on the gig in respect to PJ who appears to want the gig.

PJ has had mixed success in the NBA but we all know that could be a good. He has paid his dues for sure. Think he understands players breaking points a little better thanks to Latrell.

What we don't know is what he can do thats different and can he sell that to the team and his management. Woodson did it.

Sometimes a veteran coach and one knows the internals of a team can make a difference.

I like JVG but don't know what he brings is the right system. He is far past his sleep deprived/diet coke post game press conferences and would be a pretty good charismatic type coach in a market that is familiar with him. Its been at least 10 years since he left.

playa2

12/29/2012  7:17 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
playa2 wrote:How soon you guys forget,Jeff Vangundy will be a lifetime announcer and here's why.

I disagree about your take on him as a coach but I agree that he takes every chance he can to trash the league. I think he really was told something by a ref and has loathed Stern ever since the fine and threats that came out of that. He has a freedom as an announcer to continue to throw barbs at Stern that he would lose. I also think Jeff is a guy that is all consumed by coaching and that it eats him up. His family may not want him to go back.

Well he hasn't proved he can coach his style and win away from the knicks of the 90's when ruff stuff was allowed. If his family won't allow him to coach again, then that's another story. I haven't been shown any signs he want's to prove he still got it.

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
playa2

12/29/2012  7:18 PM
Nalod wrote:

The team he took to the finals was 4 years after riles left.

Nothing changed in approach to games after Riley left, everything was done the same because Ewing was still there. Ask Pat !
OT: NYETS FIRE AVERY

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy