Author Thread
nycisgreat
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3894

12/26/2012  6:12 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:
CashMoney wrote:
nycisgreat wrote:
Mray20 wrote:Felton has been struggling since he hurt his hand a couple of weeks ago, he's been trying to play through it

Exactly, before the bone bruise, he was playing lights out. Which IMO is causing him to miss so many point blank layups. Felton will be okay when he gets healthy. I don't miss Lin not even one minute.

+1. It's funny....Lin takes 5 months to recover from a knee injury that normally takes a few weeks to recover, plays well for 4 games and now Lin is again a stud. Felton was playing great with an injured hand and hasn't been 100% except for the very start of the season and now he's a bum? SMFH!!!!

Cash,

Do you ACTUALLY think that Felton is as good as Lin?

Have you followed Felton's career? His numbers always stunk.

Thats why he sells for cheap

Now, you're not being rational. You like Lin so much to the point where you can't be objective. I too was excited about Lin. You are using no fact to back your statements up. Felton has played lights out both stints with the Knicks. Go look at this stat lines. There is more of a sample size of Felton with the Knicks vs Lin with the Knicks.

AUTOADVERT
nehemiah
Member: #3928

12/26/2012  6:12 PM
nycisgreat wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
nycisgreat wrote:Some people love for Lin seem to be driving them mad. Lmao. Lin is never coming back. You would think the Knicks being in first place would've stopped the crying for Lin, but I see that is not the case. Felton numbers are better then Lin thus far in the season. And where in first place in our division. I don't want to hear about only Lin's last four games. I am happy with what we have. I would've never thought what we would be coasting in first place in our division like this if at the beginning of the season.

You are happy with Felton?

Lins numbers are better than Feltons.

Lmao, are you joking right now? Lin number are not better than felton. Felton Score more, and they are comparable in every stat category.

You laugh easily. Their FG% is at already a meaningful difference and getting wider. Their shot attempts per game is very different. I agree NYC may be great (at times), but you've been sniffing a lot of Elmer's purporting Felton to be a satisfactory PG. You mad bro? Lay off the white stuff.

nycisgreat

12/26/2012  6:13 PM
CashMoney wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
CashMoney wrote:
nycisgreat wrote:
Mray20 wrote:Felton has been struggling since he hurt his hand a couple of weeks ago, he's been trying to play through it

Exactly, before the bone bruise, he was playing lights out. Which IMO is causing him to miss so many point blank layups. Felton will be okay when he gets healthy. I don't miss Lin not even one minute.

+1. It's funny....Lin takes 5 months to recover from a knee injury that normally takes a few weeks to recover, plays well for 4 games and now Lin is again a stud. Felton was playing great with an injured hand and hasn't been 100% except for the very start of the season and now he's a bum? SMFH!!!!

Cash,

Right now.....YES!

Lin has played liked crap for most of the season and plays well for 4 games and now it's I told you so? The Kid is still shooting less than 30% from 3 land.

Felton is the starting PG for our 20-8 Knicks and has been playing banged up and there is NO denying that Felton has had the better season thus far.

I guess some people are sick with Linsanity.

nycisgreat

12/26/2012  6:18 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:
CashMoney wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
CashMoney wrote:
nycisgreat wrote:

Cash,

Right now.....YES!

Lin has played liked crap for most of the season and plays well for 4 games and now it's I told you so? The Kid is still shooting less than 30% from 3 land.

Felton is the starting PG for our 20-8 Knicks and has been playing banged up and there is NO denying that Felton has had the better season thus far.

With his crappy start, his efficiency numbers are alot better than Feltons.

Who cares about the 3? Michael Jordan, Wade and Rondo were/are horrible from 3.

I think that deep down, most people realize this though refuse to accept it.

Lmao, I think you are one of the few who probably believe what you are saying. 20-8. What else do you what? Melo is playing like an MVP, and the only thing that you can take out of season is Lin not being with the Knicks. He isn't coming back. No is stopping you from being a Houston fan if you like Lin so much and hate Felton. The Knicks was a trash team for more than a decade. This team is doing well now. The last thing any Knick fan need to be thinking about is Lin. You should be thinking about how Amare and Shump are going to fit it.

nycisgreat

12/26/2012  6:20 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/26/2012  6:25 PM
nehemiah wrote:
nycisgreat wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
nycisgreat wrote:Some people love for Lin seem to be driving them mad. Lmao. Lin is never coming back. You would think the Knicks being in first place would've stopped the crying for Lin, but I see that is not the case. Felton numbers are better then Lin thus far in the season. And where in first place in our division. I don't want to hear about only Lin's last four games. I am happy with what we have. I would've never thought what we would be coasting in first place in our division like this if at the beginning of the season.

Lmao, are you joking right now? Lin number are not better than felton. Felton Score more, and they are comparable in every stat category.

You laugh easily. Their FG% is at already a meaningful difference and getting wider. Their shot attempts per game is very different. I agree NYC may be great (at times), but you've been sniffing a lot of Elmer's purporting Felton to be a satisfactory PG. You mad bro? Lay off the white stuff.

Lmao. You are a definitely a nut now. Now, I know you didn't do to well in math class now. Wider. percentage points is now a wide margin. Go work on your fractions. The next thing you know knuckle heads like this will probably start saying Lin is better then Rondo.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/26/2012  6:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/26/2012  6:53 PM
nycisgreat wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:

Felton takes more shots but is a worse scorer. Part of the problem is that Felton takes so many shots despite being one of the most inefficient scorers in the league. Here is the comparison:
Scoring efficiency: Advantage Lin
Rbs: Lin
Stls: Lin
Blks: Lin
Assist rate: Lin
TO rate: Felton

Lin's killing Felton right now and for the following reasons, the gap is likely to only get bigger over time: a) Lin is young and most players improve through their mid 20s; b) although it's only a 91 game sample, he's currently below his career #s; c) he appears to have finally gotten healthy and/or comfortable with his role in Houston.

IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

12/26/2012  7:08 PM
On paper I would rather have Lin on Knicks but we all know in reality that Lin and Melo could not coexist, because Lin will take the spotlight, and I'm not saying this is good or bad but that's just how it is, and because of this it is better we have Felton,
The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
nycisgreat

12/26/2012  7:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/26/2012  7:15 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
nycisgreat wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:

Felton takes more shots but is a worse scorer. Part of the problem is that Felton takes so many shots despite being one of the most inefficient scorers in the league. Here is the comparison:

Lin's killing Felton right now and for the following reasons, the gap is likely to only get bigger over time: a) Lin is young and most players improve through their mid 20s; b) although it's only a 91 game sample, he's currently below his career #s; c) he appears to have finally gotten healthy and/or comfortable with his role in Houston.

So I can see that you are not trying to be objective here. Scoring efficiency. The guy doesn't want to say Felton is scoring more the Lin, so he starting talking about scoring efficiency. lol. Felton is avg 16 ppg and Lin 12.something ppg, and all of the categories that you mention are all close. You know it, and I know. That is why didn't show the numbers. lmao.

Bonn1997
USA
12/26/2012  7:23 PM
PPG is useless. What matters is scoring efficiency. You'll pick up on this over time if you come here more. The best validated sabermetrics give much more weight to scoring efficiency than volume.
nycisgreat

12/26/2012  7:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/26/2012  7:32 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:PPG is useless. What matters is scoring efficiency. You'll pick up on this over time if you come here more. The best validated sabermetrics give much more weight to scoring efficiency than volume.

Lmao. Yeah, you are right! Scores are kept using scoring efficiency in the NBA because it matters more. Scoring efficiency is an absolutely useless stats. I think you are suffering from Linsanity. lol. Which guy has a bigger impact on their respective team?

CashMoney
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #3374
USA
12/26/2012  7:35 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
nycisgreat wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:

Yeah, killing him everywhere except for the win column.

Lin's 6.4 assists to Feltons 6.3 per game....WOW.

Lin is better at stealing the ball and getting boards but there pretty close everywhere else which is what the Knicks were thinking when they passed on Lin....they could get similar production at less than half the cost.

Long term Lin will probably be the better player of the two but for right now I don't see how anyone can argue that the Knicks screwed up. 20-8 and on our way to a possible #1 seed.

Blue & Orange 4 Life!
biglove44
Member: #4111

12/26/2012  7:58 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
Again - HE COULD HAVE PLAYED IN THE PLAYOFFS AND DECIDED NOT TO - THE DOCTORS SAID HE COULD PLAY - LIN DECIDED NOT TO

could you imagine the vitriol on this board if Melo did the same? hahahahaha Holy Moses this messageboard sucks right now. See y'all in 2013

This is the first time I've heard of this. Please tell me where you read this information. During that time, Lin was quoted and said that he couldn't touch the rim...so the doctors cleared him, even when he couldn't touch the rim? Interesting.

Bonn1997
USA
12/26/2012  8:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/26/2012  8:55 PM
CashMoney wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
nycisgreat wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:

Yeah, killing him everywhere except for the win column.

Lin's 6.4 assists to Feltons 6.3 per game....WOW.

Lin is better at stealing the ball and getting boards but there pretty close everywhere else which is what the Knicks were thinking when they passed on Lin....they could get similar production at less than half the cost.

Long term Lin will probably be the better player of the two but for right now I don't see how anyone can argue that the Knicks screwed up. 20-8 and on our way to a possible #1 seed.

I said assist rate (7.0 vs. 6.7 per 36 min). Wins are a good to evaluate teams but a bad way to evaluate individual players because win total is confounded with teammate quality. Felton is on the most veteran team in the league and one of the highest paid teams, whereas Lin is on the youngest and the lowest paid team in the league. It would be astonishing if they had the better record. (And it is astonishing that they smacked us twice.)

NUPE
Member: #4205

12/26/2012  10:11 PM
The Great Gift known as Jeremy Lin stinking it up tonight and has almost as many turnovers as points.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/26/2012  10:27 PM
NUPE wrote:The Great Gift known as Jeremy Lin stinking it up tonight and has almost as many turnovers as points.

8 pts 7 tos. Back to his job share with TD. I don't hate Lin but hate the ish guys post here about him. Read today that not matching the poison pill could cost the Knicks the championship this year.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
12/27/2012  12:42 AM
Felton had a better game than Lin today and he didn't even play.
earthmansurfer
Member: #858
Germany
12/27/2012  9:52 AM
However we want to look at it - Stats or by "eying" things - Lin outperforms Felton. As the season goes on it will probably just become more apparent as it already has been.

I like Felton, but am not delusional to thinking he is as good as Lin now and especially not going forward - I mean Lin is 24 and just starting - and he is already better than Felton. The pain of Letting Lin go...

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
AnubisADL
Alba Posts: 13
Member: #2771
USA
12/27/2012  3:40 PM
NY Knicks - Retirement home for players and GMs
earthmansurfer
Member: #858
Germany
12/28/2012  4:54 AM
The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
CashMoney
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #3374
USA
12/28/2012  9:02 AM
ChuckBuck wrote:Felton had a better game than Lin today and he didn't even play.

That's not fair....apparently he hasn't fully recovered from his knee surgery yet LOL

Blue & Orange 4 Life!
Jeremy Lin= future l star

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy