[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Jeremy Lin= future l star
Author Thread
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

12/26/2012  12:39 PM
MS wrote:Because everyone was quick to say Lin is a loser, Lee is a loser etc. They put forth the numbers. But, the problem is the Knicks gave a nice talent away for nothing and continue to charge what they charge.

Lin has not played well this season. Felton has been medicore, but is getting a pass right now.

Lin
12pts 6.4ass 3.9rbs 1.8stls 43%fg 10.5fga

Felton
15.8pts 6.3ass 2.9rbs 1.2stls 39.6%fg 16.4fga

I think as the season goes on it will become very clear the Knicks made a mistake. We are not seeing because Melo has been going off at the end of games covering up some of our deciencies. You can't argue with 20-8, but with aging corpes on this roster having a young backcourt should have been a priority. Not like you couldn't have had kidd, felton and lin

Because everyone was quick to say Lin is a loser, Lee is a loser etc. They put forth the numbers. But, the problem is the Knicks gave a nice talent away for nothing and continue to charge what they charge.

Name the posters that called Lin a loser...

Lin has not played well this season. Felton has been medicore, but is getting a pass right now.

Felton has been getting a pass? Where? I've seen a bunch of posters ripping on his game, wanting him traded, and just by the tone of this thread and many others, yearn for Lin to come back and replace him. So, who's giving Felton a pass?

I think as the season goes on it will become very clear the Knicks made a mistake. We are not seeing because Melo has been going off at the end of games covering up some of our deciencies. You can't argue with 20-8, but with aging corpes on this roster having a young backcourt should have been a priority. Not like you couldn't have had kidd, felton and lin

Isn't that what stars do? The Mavs of several years ago had a ton of deficiencies, but Dirk bailed them out all the way to a championship title. Not team is perfect, and usually the team with the most elite of the elite will take the trophy....

AUTOADVERT
earthmansurfer
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #858
Germany
12/26/2012  12:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/26/2012  12:41 PM
AnubisADL wrote:When Lin sucks again these threads will stop.

Still remember the Gallo vs Melo threads. Epic hilarity.

Have you seen any of his games? The Kidd is playing at a level higher than Felton's hand down. Now, Feltons career FG% is 41% or so. Lin is already at 43% and that includes earlier in the year when he was in the mid 30% range. Lin knows how to lead a team. He can break down the defense like Felton and get to the whole, but the BIG DIFFERENCE is Lin see's open players much much better than Felton. And Felton isn't as good of a finisher as Lin, even if Felton's hands are ok. Defensively they are both average to above average but Lin is quicker with better hands. Felton can handle the rock much better though. But I would trade 2 TO's a game to have Lin's IQ in Feltons head.

Dolan made a blunder and if it costs us a championship this year, this will be like Babe Ruth in Reverse.

Don't get us off track with Gallo vs. Felton. That was a trade. We lost Lin for NOTHING and ended up spending more on 3 old players over the same 3 years. Just ouch...

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
KnicksFE
Member: #3561

12/26/2012  12:41 PM
tkf wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I give the Houston GM a LOT of credit. In one offseason he was able to acquire a 23 year old star in Harden and with two strategic signings he got Asik(future all star) and Lin(future all star level) and when I say future all star--these guys are starting to do it now. For all of the moeny we have spent--it just seems ludicrous that we got nothing for lin--I said it the day he went and today. We shouldve signed and traded him later if that ws the case $$ but we couldve used Lins play even with Felton.

add parsons as well, he was a good draft pick for them, and they are developing him nicely..

Also, Houston will have major cap space (roughly around 20 million) to sign an impact free agent in the offseason, while all of their core players are already signed for the next few years.
If they don’t make the playoffs, they still own their pick and some other picks (courtesy of the Knicks) so that franchise is definitely on the way up.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/26/2012  1:02 PM

Are these quotes close enough for you?

SupremeCommander: he's got no left, can't shoot, is a turnover machine

Chuckbuck: I'm so glad he's Houston's problem and not ours.

Also, see many of Nupe's comments here: http://www.ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=43074&page=1

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

12/26/2012  1:40 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:

Also, see many of Nupe's comments here: http://www.ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=43074&page=1

When Lin played for us last year, he had trouble going left and he was a turnover machine particularly with MDA at the helm. Pointing those isuuse are out are far from calling someone a loser....Am I playing with semantics here, perhaps, but the OP has a habit over overstating things...

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/26/2012  1:52 PM
earthmansurfer wrote:

Have you seen any of his games? The Kidd is playing at a level higher than Felton's hand down. Now, Feltons career FG% is 41% or so. Lin is already at 43% and that includes earlier in the year when he was in the mid 30% range. Lin knows how to lead a team. He can break down the defense like Felton and get to the whole, but the BIG DIFFERENCE is Lin see's open players much much better than Felton. And Felton isn't as good of a finisher as Lin, even if Felton's hands are ok. Defensively they are both average to above average but Lin is quicker with better hands. Felton can handle the rock much better though. But I would trade 2 TO's a game to have Lin's IQ in Feltons head.

Dolan made a blunder and if it costs us a championship this year, this will be like Babe Ruth in Reverse.

Don't get us off track with Gallo vs. Felton. That was a trade. We lost Lin for NOTHING and ended up spending more on 3 old players over the same 3 years. Just ouch...

I was watching some of his games when he was splitting time with Douglas and he definitely wasn't playing at another level. Maybe the switch back to McHale helped. However, he has put together four good games. Prior to that he was struggling with two or three good games in his first 25. Also, are you suggesting the if the Knicks don't win a championship it will be because Lin didn't return?

Lin played what, 30 games as a knick. If you were to ask me who my favorite short term Knick player was, a guy with 1 year or less, I would say the XMan. After that it would probably be Lin. But I certainly didn't follow every game XMan played for the Celts or consider his loss the the thing that would keep the Knicks from a championship that year and he was a much more accomplished player.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/26/2012  2:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/26/2012  2:32 PM
Uptown wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

When Lin played for us last year, he had trouble going left and he was a turnover machine particularly with MDA at the helm. Pointing those isuuse are out are far from calling someone a loser....Am I playing with semantics here, perhaps, but the OP has a habit over overstating things...

He also has several strengths. Obviously that comment was not fair or balanced. And I saw no positive comments anywhere in that thread from that poster. I think your taking the word "loser" a bit too literally.
nycisgreat
Member: #3894

12/26/2012  2:54 PM
knickscity wrote:When I think of upcoming elite pg, I think of Kyrie Irving....not Lin.

Thank you. I am a big Lin Fan, but I am not going to sit here and call him elite. Felton hasn't been playing well that past few games, but he is still have a better season than some people's favorite son. Lin.

mrKnickShot
Alba Posts: 16
Member: #3553

12/26/2012  3:00 PM
nycisgreat wrote:
knickscity wrote:When I think of upcoming elite pg, I think of Kyrie Irving....not Lin.

Thank you. I am a big Lin Fan, but I am not going to sit here and call him elite. Felton hasn't been playing well that past few games, but he is still have a better season than some people's favorite son. Lin.

Felton has a whopping TS of .460 this year (and sliding)! It does not get any worse. Lets not say its the last few games.

Lin is at .515 and climbing.

Comparing these two is becoming sillier by the day.

earthmansurfer
Member: #858
Germany
12/26/2012  3:45 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:

I was watching some of his games when he was splitting time with Douglas and he definitely wasn't playing at another level. Maybe the switch back to McHale helped. However, he has put together four good games. Prior to that he was struggling with two or three good games in his first 25. Also, are you suggesting the if the Knicks don't win a championship it will be because Lin didn't return?

Lin played what, 30 games as a knick. If you were to ask me who my favorite short term Knick player was, a guy with 1 year or less, I would say the XMan. After that it would probably be Lin. But I certainly didn't follow every game XMan played for the Celts or consider his loss the the thing that would keep the Knicks from a championship that year and he was a much more accomplished player.

Lin is finally playing near 100% regarding the injury. Now we can say it took too long, sure, no argument here, but the guy is playing great. Yes earlier in the year he was playing so so. I mean a second year pg putting up 10 points 6 assists and almost 2 steals is nothing to sneeze at though. He was playing better than many many pg's drafted. To even be comparing Lin to a 29 or so year old Felton should say a lot. I think you are dead on, regarding the switch to McHale - that and healing. And look those notable stats above this post...

I am saying YES - having another high IQ player (outside of Kid) and scorer who can also distribute is needed to win a championship. If we don't win it this year with this "stacked" team, I will say that Lin would have made a difference. Why not, look at what he did last year (before the injury) and what he is starting to do lately. We are depending on old guys staying healthy, on Stat's knees holding up, etc. We let our insurance policy walk.

Lin was hands down, not only my favorite Knick regardless of time, but my most memorable (or top 3 anyway) sports moment. It really sucked to see him leave. And to see we spent 30 million over 3 years on Kidd, Camby and Felton just hurts. Lin was one of the best things to happen to the Knicks in looooooong time, you don't let that walk for nothing. It had to have partly connected to Lin being everyones favorite when the team was being built around Melo. I do see that point, but it wasn't Lin's doing, it was the fans...

Really, the best way to describe Lin was simple - He had that "IT" factor. You can't really quantify it, though his stats reflect it a bit.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
nycisgreat

12/26/2012  4:14 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
nehemiah wrote:
AnubisADL wrote:Lin is still inconsistent.

Stop the madness.

Last year it was "turnovers". His numbers this season indicate this isn't a problem any more than other PG.

"Inconsistent" is if you have good games then bad games and it's random. What you have here is poor early season numbers coming back from knee surgery, and now showing good speed and explosiveness. Lin last 4 games: 58.8% shooting, 18.8pt, 9as, 3.3rbs, 2.3tos, 1.5 Stls,.5blks

Stop the blindness.

Didn't you just post that the sample size isn't small anymore? I don't think you can site the last 4 games in season where the guy has played well when he has struggled or minimally been inconsistent for the entire season. He is definitely on an upswing but 4 or 5 games out of 30 doesn't mean you have arrived in my opinion.

+10

nycisgreat

12/26/2012  4:20 PM
Some people love for Lin seem to be driving them mad. Lmao. Lin is never coming back. You would think the Knicks being in first place would've stopped the crying for Lin, but I see that is not the case. Felton numbers are better then Lin thus far in the season. And where in first place in our division. I don't want to hear about only Lin's last four games. I am happy with what we have. I would've never thought what we would be coasting in first place in our division like this if at the beginning of the season.
nycisgreat

12/26/2012  4:41 PM
Mray20 wrote:Felton has been struggling since he hurt his hand a couple of weeks ago, he's been trying to play through it

Exactly, before the bone bruise, he was playing lights out. Which IMO is causing him to miss so many point blank layups. Felton will be okay when he gets healthy. I don't miss Lin not even one minute.

mrKnickShot

12/26/2012  4:58 PM
nycisgreat wrote:Some people love for Lin seem to be driving them mad. Lmao. Lin is never coming back. You would think the Knicks being in first place would've stopped the crying for Lin, but I see that is not the case. Felton numbers are better then Lin thus far in the season. And where in first place in our division. I don't want to hear about only Lin's last four games. I am happy with what we have. I would've never thought what we would be coasting in first place in our division like this if at the beginning of the season.

You are happy with Felton?

Lins numbers are better than Feltons.

CashMoney
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #3374
USA
12/26/2012  4:59 PM
nycisgreat wrote:
Mray20 wrote:Felton has been struggling since he hurt his hand a couple of weeks ago, he's been trying to play through it

Exactly, before the bone bruise, he was playing lights out. Which IMO is causing him to miss so many point blank layups. Felton will be okay when he gets healthy. I don't miss Lin not even one minute.

+1. It's funny....Lin takes 5 months to recover from a knee injury that normally takes a few weeks to recover, plays well for 4 games and now Lin is again a stud. Felton was playing great with an injured hand and hasn't been 100% except for the very start of the season and now he's a bum? SMFH!!!!

Blue & Orange 4 Life!
mrKnickShot

12/26/2012  5:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/26/2012  5:01 PM
CashMoney wrote:
nycisgreat wrote:

+1. It's funny....Lin takes 5 months to recover from a knee injury that normally takes a few weeks to recover, plays well for 4 games and now Lin is again a stud. Felton was playing great with an injured hand and hasn't been 100% except for the very start of the season and now he's a bum? SMFH!!!!

Cash,

Do you ACTUALLY think that Felton is as good as Lin?

Have you followed Felton's career? His numbers always stunk.

Thats why he sells for cheap

CashMoney
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #3374
USA
12/26/2012  5:17 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:
CashMoney wrote:
nycisgreat wrote:

Cash,

Right now.....YES!

Lin has played liked crap for most of the season and plays well for 4 games and now it's I told you so? The Kid is still shooting less than 30% from 3 land.

Felton is the starting PG for our 20-8 Knicks and has been playing banged up and there is NO denying that Felton has had the better season thus far.

Blue & Orange 4 Life!
mrKnickShot

12/26/2012  5:35 PM
CashMoney wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
CashMoney wrote:
nycisgreat wrote:

Cash,

Right now.....YES!

Lin has played liked crap for most of the season and plays well for 4 games and now it's I told you so? The Kid is still shooting less than 30% from 3 land.

Felton is the starting PG for our 20-8 Knicks and has been playing banged up and there is NO denying that Felton has had the better season thus far.

With his crappy start, his efficiency numbers are alot better than Feltons.

Who cares about the 3? Michael Jordan, Wade and Rondo were/are horrible from 3.

I think that deep down, most people realize this though refuse to accept it.

loweyecue
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #1037

12/26/2012  5:35 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Uptown wrote:So Lin is averaging 18 pts per over the last 5 (small sample size) and now his on his way to stardom?

from Dec 2nd to Dec 9th, Felton average 21pts and 6 ast during a 5 game stretch. Why no stardom threads about Felton? The bias some of you guys posts is comical....

The only way Felton can average 21 pts is if he takes 21 shots a game. He has never had a stretch like Lin is having now.

Efficiency is lost on a lot of fans who only look at absolute numbers. Does Felton even shoot 40%? Lin's 52.7% over the last two weeks. Felton was closer to 36% when he was putting up 20+ point games.

And Felton can never throw some of the passes Lin dishes out, nor can he see he floor like Lin. Felton is not very high IQ, all he has going is his tenacity where he definitely outscores Lin.

TKF on Melo ::....he is a punk, a jerk, a self absorbed out of shape, self aggrandizing, unprofessional, volume chucking coach killing playoff loser!!
nycisgreat

12/26/2012  6:03 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:
nycisgreat wrote:Some people love for Lin seem to be driving them mad. Lmao. Lin is never coming back. You would think the Knicks being in first place would've stopped the crying for Lin, but I see that is not the case. Felton numbers are better then Lin thus far in the season. And where in first place in our division. I don't want to hear about only Lin's last four games. I am happy with what we have. I would've never thought what we would be coasting in first place in our division like this if at the beginning of the season.

You are happy with Felton?

Lins numbers are better than Feltons.

Lmao, are you joking right now? Lin number are not better than felton. Felton Score more, and they are comparable in every stat category.

Jeremy Lin= future l star

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy