Jeremy Lin= future l star
Author Thread
mrKnickShot
Alba Posts: 16
Member: #3553

12/26/2012  10:46 AM
Uptown wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
Uptown wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but if we resigned Lin, that last year of his contract would have cost us close to 50 mil. Am I right?!

who cares? its not your money and it would not have counted against the cap. Also, if Lin did not pan out, they could have traded him in the last year to avoid the luxury tax hit.

Lin is miles and miles ..... and more miles better than what we have now and he is just getting warmed up.

FELTON IS AWFUL!!!! lets face the truth.

Why should I not worry about money that will be used to build a contender out of my team? If Lin didn't pan out in year 1, what GM would be stupid enough to take on Lin's contract knowing about the massive salary cap hit waiting in year 3?

Lin is averaing 12 pts and 6 asts, explain how he's MILES better than Felton? Right now his highs might be a little better, but his lows are pretty pathetic and he's just as inconsistent.

It's more than obvious, you are not a fan of Felton just by reading numerous posts by you on Felton. And thats okay, its your opinion. But, to say Lin is miles better than Felton seems more emotional (since you dont like Felton) than factual at this point in Lins career. No?

the cap hit is not necessarily for every team.

Lin started off slow possibly due to his knee surgery or for whatever reason. We know what his upside is and he does not need to reach it to be "miles" better than Felton.

He is hitting his stride and anyway, it does not take much to be miles better than Felton. Thats why Felton gets paid what we paid him and Lin got what he got.

And, its not just the way Felton is playing now. He has been pretty awful and inefficient for most of his career.

In the past I did not dislike him but now he is really getting on my nerves with his dumbness.

AUTOADVERT
mrKnickShot
Alba Posts: 16
Member: #3553

12/26/2012  10:48 AM
knickscity wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I give the Houston GM a LOT of credit. In one offseason he was able to acquire a 23 year old star in Harden and with two strategic signings he got Asik(future all star) and Lin(future all star level) and when I say future all star--these guys are starting to do it now. For all of the moeny we have spent--it just seems ludicrous that we got nothing for lin--I said it the day he went and today. We shouldve signed and traded him later if that ws the case $$ but we couldve used Lins play even with Felton.

We wouldn't have been 20-8 with Lin, sorry don't see it.

Every loss would have been doomsday all around the team.

Maybe we would not have started so hot but perhaps we would have had sustainability. Furthermore, you don't win in the playoffs with starting PG's like Felton.

MS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #724
12/26/2012  10:53 AM
I think it's important to look at the following.

Players that signed 3 year of their deal this offseason.

Jason Kidd $3MM
Marcus Camby $3MM
Steve Novak $4MM

Camby in year one looks old and injured. Novak struggles to get his shot and Kidd has been fantastic so far, but appears to be losing a step as he plays more minutes. Lin's contract was extremely high, but the added 6MM i would imagine he is better than Kidd and Camby in year 3.

Felton at 3MM is a great deal, but a couple of things are troubling. Felton was in the last year of his deal during a lockout and he was on record saying he let himself go because he didn't think there would be a season. If your hands are hurting why are you shooting 19 shots.

Lin appears to be getting healthy and playing better. It's also hard to find a rythm right away with Harden. The Rockets waxed us twice and are playing good ball and Lin gets people easy shots. All players not just Tyson Chandler. So the jury is certainly still out on this one.

babyKnicks
Member: #1191
USA
12/26/2012  11:01 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/26/2012  11:02 AM
toad wrote:The guy is a good player. Why that causes some Knicks fans heads to explode is beyond me. The Knicks FO screwed up; sorry, but it's true. It's not the first time and it won't be the last.

Not exploding. Just can't understand why you still care.

We are in first place, we didn't give up Jordan.

Let's go Knicks. That's amare
smackeddog
Member: #883
12/26/2012  11:04 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/26/2012  11:04 AM
Not this c**p again- when will it end. Lin has a good game or two, he's an all star, Lin stinks it up for most of the season, he stinks. Who cares? Why was this even in the Knicks discussion board? He's not a Knick, and we're not playing them again this season.
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
12/26/2012  11:12 AM
Lin Is Gone

ShellTopAdidas wrote:
Uptown wrote:So Lin is averaging 18 pts per over the last 5 (small sample size) and now his on his way to stardom?

from Dec 2nd to Dec 9th, Felton average 21pts and 6 ast during a 5 game stretch. Why no stardom threads about Felton? The bias some of you guys posts is comical....

Have you ever actually WATCHED Lin play? Way smarter with the basketball, hands down!

Who cares? Go cheer for Houston.

once a knick always a knick
MS
Member: #724
12/26/2012  11:14 AM
Because everyone was quick to say Lin is a loser, Lee is a loser etc. They put forth the numbers. But, the problem is the Knicks gave a nice talent away for nothing and continue to charge what they charge.

Lin has not played well this season. Felton has been medicore, but is getting a pass right now.

Lin
12pts 6.4ass 3.9rbs 1.8stls 43%fg 10.5fga

Felton
15.8pts 6.3ass 2.9rbs 1.2stls 39.6%fg 16.4fga

I think as the season goes on it will become very clear the Knicks made a mistake. We are not seeing because Melo has been going off at the end of games covering up some of our deciencies. You can't argue with 20-8, but with aging corpes on this roster having a young backcourt should have been a priority. Not like you couldn't have had kidd, felton and lin

toad
Member: #4338

12/26/2012  11:20 AM
babyKnicks wrote:
toad wrote:The guy is a good player. Why that causes some Knicks fans heads to explode is beyond me. The Knicks FO screwed up; sorry, but it's true. It's not the first time and it won't be the last.

Not exploding. Just can't understand why you still care.

We are in first place, we didn't give up Jordan.

I'm not dying over losing Lin. It's a discussion board. He's an ex-Knick. Good for him that he's doing well and I don't see why fans can't discuss it. I don't think a thread talking about how well Lee or Jamal are playing would incite the anger that Lin does. For some reason, it seems to really upset you. That's on you.

No one is saying we gave up Jordan. If you have to resort to hyperbole, then you're acknowledging the obvious. The Knicks screwed up in letting Lin go for nothing. It's just dumb to argue this at this point. No amount of wishing bad on the kid is going to help the Knicks win a championship. The Knicks and Lin are on two different paths now and I see no reason why I can't root for the Knicks at the same time acknowledge that Lin is a good player; unless, you're a child.

nehemiah
Member: #3928

12/26/2012  11:25 AM
Uptown wrote:So Lin is averaging 18 pts per over the last 5 (small sample size) and now his on his way to stardom?

from Dec 2nd to Dec 9th, Felton average 21pts and 6 ast during a 5 game stretch. Why no stardom threads about Felton? The bias some of you guys posts is comical....

Talk about denial. Those Lin numbers are outside of Linsanity numbers (which were even crazier). This guy is getting healthier and will CONTINUE to put up those numbers (if you've been watching the games, his jumpshot is not as good as Linsanity times, but that will also get better. These numbers are not due to luck).

The thing everyone should remember is that we're not talking about some ex-Knick that is now inactive. Lin will continue to put up numbers and fairly soon he will prove some correct and some definitely wrong. Have you been WATCHING the Houston games? The numbers are more likely to go up than down. The nice thing about this topic is that there will be a clear answer on Lin and what the Knick front office did in due time. A clear answer will come sooner than later.

3G4G
Member: #4333

12/26/2012  11:45 AM
MS wrote:I think it's important to look at the following.

Jason Kidd $3MM
Marcus Camby $3MM
Steve Novak $4MM

Camby in year one looks old and injured. Novak struggles to get his shot and Kidd has been fantastic so far, but appears to be losing a step as he plays more minutes. Lin's contract was extremely high, but the added 6MM i would imagine he is better than Kidd and Camby in year 3.

Felton at 3MM is a great deal, but a couple of things are troubling. Felton was in the last year of his deal during a lockout and he was on record saying he let himself go because he didn't think there would be a season. If your hands are hurting why are you shooting 19 shots.

Lin appears to be getting healthy and playing better. It's also hard to find a rythm right away with Harden. The Rockets waxed us twice and are playing good ball and Lin gets people easy shots. All players not just Tyson Chandler. So the jury is certainly still out on this one.

Uhmmmm didn't Felton sign a 4yr $18mil deal? Oh Yeah he did and we had the nerve to give him a PO on the 4th yr....So not so fast with shaving on DAT FELTON PAY CHECK

tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
12/26/2012  11:48 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/26/2012  11:49 AM
BRIGGS wrote:I don't know how anyone can watch Jeremy Lin nd not consider him an elite NBA PG talent. He took some time to get back from injury and mesh with new team but he has--and hes really good. With all of the money we have wasted--the first time were cheap its backfiring.

briggs we always knew he had elite potential.. people tried to downplay lin to justify moves like felton and prigs.. I was fine with kidd from the start... and always was on board with keeping lin of course....

Lin has things to work on, we know that, but he is pretty darn good right now....

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/26/2012  11:53 AM
MS wrote:Because everyone was quick to say Lin is a loser, Lee is a loser etc. They put forth the numbers. But, the problem is the Knicks gave a nice talent away for nothing and continue to charge what they charge.

Lin has not played well this season. Felton has been medicore, but is getting a pass right now.

Lin
12pts 6.4ass 3.9rbs 1.8stls 43%fg 10.5fga

Felton
15.8pts 6.3ass 2.9rbs 1.2stls 39.6%fg 16.4fga

I think as the season goes on it will become very clear the Knicks made a mistake. We are not seeing because Melo has been going off at the end of games covering up some of our deciencies. You can't argue with 20-8, but with aging corpes on this roster having a young backcourt should have been a priority. Not like you couldn't have had kidd, felton and lin

I don't recall anyone calling Lin a loser. His run here was awesome. I think the frustration is with guys bringing up the loss of Lin whenever he scores in double figures. This really doesn't need to be rehashed anymore other than in the other games thread in my opinion. In regards to Lee, personally I don't look back on the Walsh era with any fondness. I think as time goes on the moves and hirings that he made while in NY will be a regarded as mistakes and mismanagement.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
tkf
12/26/2012  11:54 AM
3G4G wrote:It was okay when Knick critics were bashing him from sample size stretches last year saying

"9-1 Linsanity wasn't sustainable and Lin got locked up by the Heat's Mario Chalmers and Norris Cole"....."Guys he's played 35gms as an NBA player this is about as good as he's going to be at 24yrs of age"

.....Hardy Har Har Har skip the Oveltine I'd rather have my HoneyComb

Now that he's been showing a steady rise in player progression this season after more than 5-10gms have been played(when he was being goofed on as early as Preseason NUPE specialty style), playing more Linsanity like, it's wait we need to see more games from him

Only in Knick Bizarro world does this take place.

Bottomline this will never change whether Lin becomes a legit star or an average NBA player we shouldn't have let him go for nothing. There will never be a reasonable argument against this.

I was saying this from the start, all of the early lin bashing was ridiculous... the felton and prigs love threads were fine, but to bash lin in order to prop these guys up was ridiculous..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/26/2012  12:02 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
NUPE wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
NUPE wrote:
ShellTopAdidas wrote:
NUPE wrote:Lin has been good for the last week to two weeks. Lin was playing like trash before that for about a month to 6 weeks.

When I made a thread tracking Lin's play you all cried bu bu bu it's not fair simply because I was posting Lin's terrible stats several times a week. LoL!

Lin overall has been average at very best. That is the truth. If you want to wipe out 5 or 6 weeks and focus on the last two weeks then have at it.

New team, new coach, just came off injury. How's he doing now?

Nothing you said contradicts my post. Lin played like crap for around five to six weeks. Felton has injuries to both hands and is not getting a break from anyone. Why should Lin get a break for taking 5+ months to heal from an injury that typically takes 5ish weeks to recover from. SMH!

Lin is playing well now, for about 10 to 14 days (two weeks). Kudos to him. However, he has not been better than Felton for the mass majority of the season as the season has been around 8 to 9 weeks now. Felton has been bad the last two weeks. Lin was bad for six weeks. Lin was so bad that all the Lin fans on this board would not even speak of him and cried when I posted his atrocious stats. That is just reality.

You know he was coming off knee surgery, right? Sometimes it takes a few weeks to get back to normal.

Lin had a knee surgery in April or May, 2012. Most players recover from the surgery Lin had in 5 to 6 weeks. The season started in November, 2012. Lin played like crap for six weeks. Lin is playing well now for the last two weeks. I always said I will give Lin credit if he plays well and he is and I am saying so. He has done it for two weeks. Played bad for six weeks. That is just a fact. Why is this even up for debate?

Again - HE COULD HAVE PLAYED IN THE PLAYOFFS AND DECIDED NOT TO - THE DOCTORS SAID HE COULD PLAY - LIN DECIDED NOT TO

could you imagine the vitriol on this board if Melo did the same? hahahahaha Holy Moses this messageboard sucks right now. See y'all in 2013

Doctors said Amare could play after 6 weeks. We are going on what 9 weeks and Amare still hasn't practiced with the team? Lin had a lateral tear of the meniscus. Longer healing time than medial and more serious

AnubisADL
Alba Posts: 13
Member: #2771
USA
12/26/2012  12:04 PM
When Lin sucks again these threads will stop.

Still remember the Gallo vs Melo threads. Epic hilarity.

NY Knicks - Retirement home for players and GMs
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/26/2012  12:05 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
NUPE wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
NUPE wrote:
ShellTopAdidas wrote:
NUPE wrote:Lin has been good for the last week to two weeks. Lin was playing like trash before that for about a month to 6 weeks.

When I made a thread tracking Lin's play you all cried bu bu bu it's not fair simply because I was posting Lin's terrible stats several times a week. LoL!

Lin overall has been average at very best. That is the truth. If you want to wipe out 5 or 6 weeks and focus on the last two weeks then have at it.

New team, new coach, just came off injury. How's he doing now?

Nothing you said contradicts my post. Lin played like crap for around five to six weeks. Felton has injuries to both hands and is not getting a break from anyone. Why should Lin get a break for taking 5+ months to heal from an injury that typically takes 5ish weeks to recover from. SMH!

Lin is playing well now, for about 10 to 14 days (two weeks). Kudos to him. However, he has not been better than Felton for the mass majority of the season as the season has been around 8 to 9 weeks now. Felton has been bad the last two weeks. Lin was bad for six weeks. Lin was so bad that all the Lin fans on this board would not even speak of him and cried when I posted his atrocious stats. That is just reality.

You know he was coming off knee surgery, right? Sometimes it takes a few weeks to get back to normal.

Lin had a knee surgery in April or May, 2012. Most players recover from the surgery Lin had in 5 to 6 weeks. The season started in November, 2012. Lin played like crap for six weeks. Lin is playing well now for the last two weeks. I always said I will give Lin credit if he plays well and he is and I am saying so. He has done it for two weeks. Played bad for six weeks. That is just a fact. Why is this even up for debate?

Again - HE COULD HAVE PLAYED IN THE PLAYOFFS AND DECIDED NOT TO - THE DOCTORS SAID HE COULD PLAY - LIN DECIDED NOT TO

could you imagine the vitriol on this board if Melo did the same? hahahahaha Holy Moses this messageboard sucks right now. See y'all in 2013

Doctors said Amare could play after 6 weeks. We are going on what 9 weeks and Amare still hasn't practiced with the team? Lin had a lateral tear of the meniscus. Longer healing time than medial and more serious

And Melo had a couple of stitches (same injury Amare played with) and missed two games. I'm not gonna criticize him or Lin or Amare on this. I can't pretend to know the health of these players.
3G4G
Member: #4333

12/26/2012  12:05 PM
MS wrote:I think it's important to look at the following.

Jason Kidd $3MM
Marcus Camby $3MM
Steve Novak $4MM

Uhmmmm didn't Felton sign a 4yr $18mil deal? Oh Yeah he did and we had the nerve to give him a PO on the 4th yr....So not so fast with shaving on DAT FELTON PAY CHECK

tkf
12/26/2012  12:06 PM
BRIGGS wrote:I give the Houston GM a LOT of credit. In one offseason he was able to acquire a 23 year old star in Harden and with two strategic signings he got Asik(future all star) and Lin(future all star level) and when I say future all star--these guys are starting to do it now. For all of the moeny we have spent--it just seems ludicrous that we got nothing for lin--I said it the day he went and today. We shouldve signed and traded him later if that ws the case $$ but we couldve used Lins play even with Felton.

add parsons as well, he was a good draft pick for them, and they are developing him nicely..

gunsnewing
USA
12/26/2012  12:14 PM
Don't forget folks. The league figured Jeremy Lin out!
gunsnewing
USA
12/26/2012  12:19 PM
AnubisADL wrote:When Lin sucks again these threads will stop.

Still remember the Gallo vs Melo threads. Epic hilarity.

This is different. I never got involved in the Melo vs Gallo thread because its a joke. Lin on the other hand? I'm a realist and im always right

Jeremy Lin= future l star

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy