[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

CHRISTMAS DAY: New York Knicks @ Los Angeles Lakers. 3:00 P.M (ABC).
Author Thread
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

12/25/2012  5:59 PM
KnicksMetsJets wrote:
nycisgreat wrote:Felton poor play and bad officiating cost us this one.
we arent going anywhere with felton playing likt this. steve nash blew by him every time. steve nash is a decade older and coming off a major injury

Nobody told Felton to go under the pick to stay with Nash, he went over the top every time and gave Nash a window to orchestrate 5 against 4. Bad coaching by woody there.

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
AUTOADVERT
Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
12/25/2012  6:00 PM
How does Kobe get to lock Melo arms on that last play???

Guess we just got to finish out the month, 11-4 the first two months is still great basketball.

"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
Boooo
Knicks_Fan
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
unstopaball12 wrote:
OjilEye wrote:
unstopaball12 wrote:This game shows how much we need Amare, a consistent 2nd option to go to with a defender like metta on melo. Yes, Melo is making the shots but Metta has played him really well.

If it was Amare catching those passes to chandler we would be up

can't look at it so one-dimensionally. what Amare would produce on the offensive end, Chandler makes up for on the defensive end

Yes I agree Amare is one of the worst defenders out there,but just look at how Amare can help us offensively,I just dont like trusting JR and Felton as number 2 options they are very inconsistent

People exaggerate Amar'es rebounding shortcomings to a ridiculous degree. He averages 8 to 9 rebounds. He is by far a better rebounder at the 4 than any player we have- Melo, Kurt, Novak, Cope.

KnicksMetsJets
Member: #4448

knicks have to clean up a lot of stuff. yes we are 20-8 but lets be honest we have played awful lately. both teh cavs and twolves game could have been losses and they are bad teams
TeamBall
Member: #4386

Feltons a weird one. I was watching the Knicksmas marathon yesterday and in our early games Felton was driving often but also moving the ball and taking good open shots. Its like once he got hurt, he felt he needed to shoot more which doesnt make any sense.
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
nycisgreat
Member: #3894

12/25/2012  6:01 PM
Uptown wrote:

We weren't playing the Washington Generals today. The Lakers are very talented and made some big plays down the stretch at home. Nash, in particular with the pull up, PNR and feeding Gasol with Melo on him....Sometimes the Knicks dont lose, the other team actually wins...

Nope, Felton was 5- 19 and missed countless point blank layups. The Lakers are not better then us and not even close to being the best in the west.

KnicksMetsJets

12/25/2012  6:01 PM
TeamBall wrote:Feltons a weird one. I was watching the Knicksmas marathon yesterday and in our early games Felton was driving often but also moving the ball and taking good open shots. Its like once he got hurt, he felt he needed to shoot more which doesnt make any sense.
woody started to bench him a few games ago and the offense was actually better but now he is letting him play and its killing us
KnicksMetsJets

12/25/2012  6:02 PM
nycisgreat wrote:
Uptown wrote:

We weren't playing the Washington Generals today. The Lakers are very talented and made some big plays down the stretch at home. Nash, in particular with the pull up, PNR and feeding Gasol with Melo on him....Sometimes the Knicks dont lose, the other team actually wins...

Nope, Felton was 5- 19 and missed countless point blank layups. The Lakers are not better then us and not even close to being the best in the west.

I've noticed some like to defend felton all the time
NUPE
Member: #4205

tkf wrote:

it was bad for both teams, knicks 9-26 from three and 9-16 from the line cost us this game...

This. I would not point the finger at Woody or any single player. Knicks had plenty of chances and opportunities to win despite dumb officiating and Felton throwing up bricks.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
Nash is better than some of you are giving him credit for. He may not be a stopper defensively but he's SMART and knows what he's doing. As an offensive player Nash is crafty and knows how to get his shot off and get by his man with change of speed. The Lakers aren't going to be that dysfunctional team anymore and the Knicks need better PG play from Felton. He's been regressing a bit lately.

Overall it was a good game. Knicks didn'tplay one of their best games tho and the mistakes came back to bite them. I can't wait to get STAT and SHUMP back cuz we haven't gotten much out of Brewer or Felton lately and we need a spark. Also STAT can take some pressure off of Melo. Their return will be perfect timing.

KnicksMetsJets

12/25/2012  6:03 PM
nixluva wrote:Nash is better than some of you are giving him credit for. He may not be a stopper defensively but he's SMART and knows what he's doing. As an offensive player Nash is crafty and knows how to get his shot off and get by his man with change of speed. The Lakers aren't going to be that dysfunctional team anymore and the Knicks need better PG play from Felton. He's been regressing a bit lately.

Overall it was a good game. Knicks didn'tplay one of their best games tho and the mistakes came back to bite them. I can't wait to get STAT and SHUMP back cuz we haven't gotten much out of Brewer or Felton lately and we need a spark. Also STAT can take some pressure off of Melo. Their return will be perfect timing.

i agree but we need them back soon because i've noticed fatigue by our team. we need reinforcements
NUPE
Member: #4205

12/25/2012  6:04 PM
nixluva wrote:Nash is better than some of you are giving him credit for. He may not be a stopper defensively but he's SMART and knows what he's doing. As an offensive player Nash is crafty and knows how to get his shot off and get by his man with change of speed. The Lakers aren't going to be that dysfunctional team anymore and the Knicks need better PG play from Felton. He's been regressing a bit lately.

This. The Knicks will need them both to make a run deep in the playoffs. I am not too concerned or worried about this particular loss. The Laker's healthy are a tough team.

loweyecue
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #1037

12/25/2012  6:05 PM

How about really poor defense, especially when it counted? An MDA team played better defense than we did.

TKF on Melo ::....he is a punk, a jerk, a self absorbed out of shape, self aggrandizing, unprofessional, volume chucking coach killing playoff loser!!
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
12/25/2012  6:05 PM
We showed a really worrisome lack of poise and worse than that, fear in the last 7 minutes of the game. This was used to be our best minutes of a game, but instead we played pretty poorly.
Knicks_Fan
nycisgreat
Member: #3894

12/25/2012  6:06 PM
loweyecue wrote:

How about really poor defense, especially when it counted? An MDA team played better defense than we did.

I agree. Thats been the trend the entire month with us. Our defense has been good for a while.

KnicksMetsJets

12/25/2012  6:07 PM
loweyecue wrote:

Its true. MDA actually has better defensive scheme's than woody did
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

12/25/2012  6:07 PM
KnicksMetsJets wrote:
nycisgreat wrote:
Uptown wrote:

I've noticed some like to defend felton all the time

You noticed? Gets ya eyes checked...show me where in my post am I defending Felton? Just giving some credit to the other team. Did we get hosed on the Melo non-call? Absolutely. But Nash made several big plays down the stretch.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

12/25/2012  6:09 PM
loweyecue wrote:

It helps a ton when you have Dwight Howard as the anchor.....

TeamBall
Member: #4386

12/25/2012  6:17 PM
I think Woodson gets some of the blame here. Although we have won some of them, the past few games have shown us making the same mistakes and playing no defense. It also seems like Felton hasnt had anything said to him about his selfish play and that Woody thinks throwing Kidd out there with him will magically cure all. My biggest problem is his near zero use of Novak.
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
CHRISTMAS DAY: New York Knicks @ Los Angeles Lakers. 3:00 P.M (ABC).

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy