[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

POR v NY Thread 3/29
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/29/2004  10:30 PM
We go some SlammaJammas on this team now baby!

TT,Demarr, Sweets, Nazr

GO NY GO NY GO!
AUTOADVERT
mintyfreshness33
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #586
USA
3/29/2004  10:38 PM
just a side note, if for any reason, our beloved, amazing knicks happens to find them self in a tie with one of the team for eight place, we are assured of winning tiebreakers against Miami, Boston,Philadelphia and Toronto.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
3/29/2004  10:46 PM
best part is this is a VERY good Blazers team that was playing at a high level, was healthy and was just as desperate (if not more) for a win than we were.

Good win... Sweetney's growing every day and KVH for TT looks more and more like a no brainer every time the 4th quarter roles around
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
gunsnewing
USA
3/29/2004  10:53 PM
and the Blazers needed it more than we did!

the Knicks play well at home usually.

Man I love TT!
KVH tries hard but he is what he is. Tim Thomas has all the skills in the world he just simply needed a reason to play hard and care. Playing in New York as opposed to Milwalkee were he felt underappreciated makes a HUGE difference. Next year he will average18-20pts. Mark my words!

And now I know what Isiah is trying to do with this team. Demarr, TT, & Nazr!! I thought Demarr was done after the injury but I was dead wrong. Look for Demarr to be our next shooting guard since Isiah already told him to not make any plans this summer!
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
3/29/2004  10:59 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

Man I love TT!
KVH tries hard but he is what he is. Tim Thomas has all the skills in the world he just simply needed a reason to play hard and care. Playing in New York as opposed to Milwalkee were he felt underappreciated makes a HUGE difference. Next year he will average18-20pts. Mark my words!

And now I know what Isiah is trying to do with this team. Demarr, TT, & Nazr!! I thought Demarr was done after the injury but I was dead wrong. Look for Demarr to be our next shooting guard since Isiah already told him to not make any plans this summer!
how do you know that IT said dont make plans for the summer?
gunsnewing
USA
3/29/2004  11:01 PM
We are still only 2 games behind the Bucks and 3 behind the Hornets.
I don't know about you, but I still have my eye on that 4th/5th seed. Even if we wind up playing the Hornets we can beat them...they are always banged up and Baron Davis is out right now. Everything always goes wrong for them.

It's better than finishing 7th, beating the Nets then getting walloped by Detroit or Indy in the 2nd round! This way we can beat up a banged up and struggling Hornet team and then Beat up the Banged up Nets! Then it's icing from there on!!
gunsnewing
USA
3/29/2004  11:02 PM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by gunsnewing:

Man I love TT!

It was in the papers a few days ago.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/29/2004  11:13 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by gunsnewing:

Man I love TT!

It was in the papers a few days ago.

yup, I think the exact quote was: "Don't make any Summer plans."

Check out the NJO article.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
3/29/2004  11:18 PM
I think that view is a bit too harsh and insensitive. There could be all sorts of things going on. He has 9 siblings and they're all probably looking at him for leadership.

As they say, family comes first.
Posted by martin:
Posted by DefAndReb:
Posted by martin:
Posted by DefAndReb:
Posted by martin:

I wonder if FWill would come off the IR if Houston is hurting so much. Like to see if the guy is still interested in bball this year.

I have to admit I've not been following the Frank situation. Why is he still on the IR?

Why would him being "interested" be of concern? If he's physically able to play, they should play him.

Death of his mom. Frank admitted that he didn't know if he could come back and play this year.

That's ridiculous. What, he's too fragile to get back to his job, where he's paid millions of dollars, because his mom died? What is he, 12 years old?

Good grief, what a sissy.

Everyone dies. It feels bad, you grieve, then you get back to your life. If he can't get over it, he needs psychiatric attention.

Before my father died, very quickly from pancreatic cancer I might add, I was fortunate my employers allowed me to take a week to see him in his final lucid days. I wish I could have been there at his deathbed, but I had to fly to New York and get back to work. The rest of family was there, which was good, even though he was on morphine and totally out of it. He died, I went to the funeral, I flew back to NYC, and went back to my job. Sure it's painful, but that's what life is, pain and suffering interspersed with some nice moments, then you kick the bucket.

I seriously think he has emotional problems if what you're saying is true, martin. A grown man who won't do his job after his mother's death. What about all the other athletes who experience deaths in their families during the season? They grieve, then they get back to work. Why does Frank think he is so special that he can't get with it? Imagine if everyone stopped doing their jobs because of a loved one's death? Society would grind to a halt. That really burns me up, hearing that kind of thing.

No wonder he gets benched all the time, it sounds like he's soft.

your words are harsh man, but I agree with you.
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
3/29/2004  11:24 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:

Wow. Its great too see Tim Thomas being so good. Is it just me or does everyone think that at times he looks like he can run with Kobe and McGrady?

Tim Thomas is an impressive physical specimen... built like a bigger version of Lebron James. :)

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/30/2004  12:03 AM
I think the big difference with TT and KVH is TT's ability to create shots off the dribble for himself and others, and when Dermarr is in the game, that gives NY 3 good ballhandlers to start the offense instead of waiting around for steph or slowing down a break...

I have always like the TT trade..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
EnYKnickFan
Member: #600
USA
3/30/2004  12:03 AM
Good win for the Knicks, even though im a fan im quite mad they won cause i bet on them losing this one but oh well... anyways mighty mouse was playing well and baker coming out of no where to be clutch was impressive. Game was good funny how maurice cheeks threw the bottle of water on the floor after the game lol... the blazers shoulda won this one but knicks came up which is good..
DefAndReb
Member: #336
3/30/2004  12:17 AM
I'm sensitive to the guy if he wants to take a couple weeks off, but the rest of the season? He needs to get a grip. Life goes on. I'm not expecting him to forget his mother. I'm expecting him to grow up. You don't get to take the rest of the season off because you're feeling sad. No one else does.

9 siblings? Like that's supposed to be relevant? Say he has 8, does that mean he's less responsible for his family? And say he supports them with his millions. If he wants to keep making that money he's got to get back on the horse.

This is business. Adult business. Not nursery school. Life sucks most of the time. That's normal. Somebody forgot to tell Frank that.

Like when Camby turned into a little girl in the playoffs after his sister got assaulted. Shows his character. Soft.

Family comes first, sure. But your employer isn't obligated to pay you when you don't feel like working.
Posted by technomaster:

I think that view is a bit too harsh and insensitive. There could be all sorts of things going on. He has 9 siblings and they're all probably looking at him for leadership.

As they say, family comes first.
Posted by martin:
Posted by DefAndReb:
Posted by martin:
Posted by DefAndReb:
Posted by martin:

I wonder if FWill would come off the IR if Houston is hurting so much. Like to see if the guy is still interested in bball this year.

I have to admit I've not been following the Frank situation. Why is he still on the IR?

Why would him being "interested" be of concern? If he's physically able to play, they should play him.

Death of his mom. Frank admitted that he didn't know if he could come back and play this year.

That's ridiculous. What, he's too fragile to get back to his job, where he's paid millions of dollars, because his mom died? What is he, 12 years old?

Good grief, what a sissy.

Everyone dies. It feels bad, you grieve, then you get back to your life. If he can't get over it, he needs psychiatric attention.

Before my father died, very quickly from pancreatic cancer I might add, I was fortunate my employers allowed me to take a week to see him in his final lucid days. I wish I could have been there at his deathbed, but I had to fly to New York and get back to work. The rest of family was there, which was good, even though he was on morphine and totally out of it. He died, I went to the funeral, I flew back to NYC, and went back to my job. Sure it's painful, but that's what life is, pain and suffering interspersed with some nice moments, then you kick the bucket.

I seriously think he has emotional problems if what you're saying is true, martin. A grown man who won't do his job after his mother's death. What about all the other athletes who experience deaths in their families during the season? They grieve, then they get back to work. Why does Frank think he is so special that he can't get with it? Imagine if everyone stopped doing their jobs because of a loved one's death? Society would grind to a halt. That really burns me up, hearing that kind of thing.

No wonder he gets benched all the time, it sounds like he's soft.

your words are harsh man, but I agree with you.
NYK8
Member: #320
USA
3/30/2004  12:27 AM
AND,once again TTimberrrrrrs down the Blazers.Now he got GROINS way to go.keefy couldn't even pull one if he tried.lmfao,still havent sunk into ur noggin.u so called knick fan
!!!Knicks!!!
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/30/2004  12:28 AM
Def and Reb: good post, it sounds harsh but it is fair. I lost my mother in 2001, that nearly broke me down man because we were so close, but I realized I had a career, 1 kid at the time and a wife, life had to go on, I always mourn the death of my mother but I take what she gave me, and use that as motivation to take care of myself and family, and this is what Frankie has to do. He is in a very unique positon to play professional sports, make millions and provide his family with tremendous opportunities that most working class americans don't have.. I hope he realizes that and gets it together...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
NYK8
Member: #320
USA
3/30/2004  12:46 AM
i dont really wanna comment to much about F.Will but c'mon thats his moms.i dont know him but i know someone that does.some people could take it differently then others and he is a young man,until we see him let it be.RISE UP FAM! F.Will God Bless You and Yours!
!!!Knicks!!!
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
3/30/2004  6:46 AM
Posted by NYK8:

i dont really wanna comment to much about F.Will but c'mon thats his moms.i dont know him but i know someone that does.some people could take it differently then others and he is a young man,until we see him let it be.RISE UP FAM! F.Will God Bless You and Yours!
yep yep. Take you time Fwill. Just dont grieve too much. Life does go on.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/30/2004  8:38 AM

When God is busy, Isiah talks to me also.
DefAndReb
Member: #336
3/30/2004  9:11 AM
Posted by tkf:

Def and Reb: good post, it sounds harsh but it is fair. I lost my mother in 2001, that nearly broke me down man because we were so close, but I realized I had a career, 1 kid at the time and a wife, life had to go on, I always mourn the death of my mother but I take what she gave me, and use that as motivation to take care of myself and family, and this is what Frankie has to do. He is in a very unique positon to play professional sports, make millions and provide his family with tremendous opportunities that most working class americans don't have.. I hope he realizes that and gets it together...

Thanks, tkf, for understanding where I'm coming from.

And to you other guys who say "oh, c'mon, it's different for everybody" I say it isn't. We all have to be held to a common standard. Like I said, he should take some time off to grieve, but you should never ever give special treatment to people for going through what EVERYONE goes through. He's not special. I hope he gets it together, too, but with another team. It's been a month. You mean to tell me a grown man (he isn't a child - people have to stop treating teenagers and grown men like children) who makes millions can take a month off when his co-workers are unable to perform? He's had plenty of time. I guess the team feels they don't need him or they would read him the riot act already.

Anyway, back to the game. Good for TT and great for Vin! I think the Knicks will just barely make it in, but I have my doubts they'll be able to hold onto that valuable 7th slot. Miami better hope it catches Milwaukee so they don't have to face Detroit.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
3/30/2004  9:47 AM
Def... your sounding like an idiot. Say we are all held to the same standards isnt a smart comment. These guys are managed differently than Bob from accounting and Joe from advertising. Sorry, thats a fact of life.

Also *speculating* that Frank isnt playing again because he doesnt want to or cant and attacking his character is pretty sad.

Did it occur to anyone that between missing time for a pulled groin then a death in the family it just didnt make sense to try an integrate Frank back into the rotation with 15 games left and the Knicks one or two losses away from missing the playoffs? Moochie isnt good and Frank has more talent but Moochie isnt terrible either. You can see he contributes when he gets enough time to develop a little rythm.

Sorry if I come off like an ass but attacking a guys character based on ones speculation just irritates me.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
POR v NY Thread 3/29

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy