[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

POR v NY Thread 3/29
Author Thread
DefAndReb
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #336
3/29/2004  5:26 PM
And would his mom want him to be a quitter because she wasn't around? No, she'd want him to pick himself up and do his job.

Look at Brett Favre!
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/29/2004  5:38 PM
I think thats just a way of playing the guy who makes the most money in Moochie. And it pissed me off
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
3/29/2004  5:48 PM
I think the truth lies somewhere between Guns' Post and Def's post.
If I had to guess I would say management wants to play the money man in Norris.
I also think Frank has probably shown zero interested in putting his heart and soul out on the court...
I can't believe that management would keep him on the IR if he had Fire and desire to go out and give the game his all.. leave it all out there.. and WIN....

I really think that as fans.. we are owed an explanation by both The Knicks organization and Frank Williams himself.
It's only right... This is NYC.. Best Fans in the whole world!
Geeez...

I guess this really should be on a different thread.. lol

GO KNICKERBOCKERS!!!!!!!!
gunsnewing
USA
3/29/2004  5:52 PM
"I really think that as fans.. we are owed an explanation by both The Knicks organization and Frank Williams himself.
It's only right... This is NYC.. Best Fans in the whole world!
Geeez..."

or the media can do their job and actually report this but oh wait they are all a bunch of puppets.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/29/2004  5:58 PM
Posted by DefAndReb:

And would his mom want him to be a quitter because she wasn't around? No, she'd want him to pick himself up and do his job.

Look at Brett Favre!

Wow man that other post you had on Frank was crazy. Maybe eh was really close to his Mom. People are different. I work for the city and if my Mother died God forbid they would give me 3 days and that's only if I notify them in a restricted amount of time. That sucks.

Let the guy take his time. We need him to start with Marbury at the 2 guard but life comes before basketball.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/29/2004  5:58 PM
the truth is the only guys that know why Frank isnt playing are Wilkins, Isiah and Frank. The notion that he might not play again this year were because of missed time between his mother and a groin injury, and whether or not its worth acclimating him back into the system with 12 games left and a 2 game difference between being out of the playoffs and having the 5th seed. I have no problem with shelving Frank for the rest of the year because of these reasons.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
starbizzle
Member: #631
New Zealand
3/29/2004  6:00 PM
i hope u all know rahim isn't a threat he doesn't avg more than 11 pts w/ this portland team, in fact, he doesn't even start... the main focus should be randolph... we need kurt's D more than anything. sweetney may be extra valluable tonight
it aint marbury its STARBURY!
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/29/2004  6:05 PM
Posted by starbizzle:

i hope u all know rahim isn't a threat he doesn't avg more than 11 pts w/ this portland team, in fact, he doesn't even start... the main focus should be randolph... we need kurt's D more than anything. sweetney may be extra valluable tonight

Are you kidding me? Rahim is a threat. It doesn't matter if he plays less minutes. If Randolph gets into foul trouble then we'll see what Rahim does.

Rahim would be the man in NY. If anything we should all be doing a good scouting report to see if he would truly feel here. We've all seen him play before but let's over-analiyze the guy for arguments sake.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
gunsnewing
USA
3/29/2004  6:39 PM
I don't like Rahim but for Kurt...man thats a no brainer!
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
3/29/2004  7:06 PM
Eny, what's all the hype over Rahim. He wanted to go to Atlanta [near home] just so he can be traded to Portland? IMO, The only reason he was da man up in Vancouver is because Big Country was a no show Look who was da man when Big Dog came to Atlanta. C'mon Eny, even if Knicks somehow picked him up...I can't see SAR being da man in NY.

Tonight, watch out for mighty mouse

"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/29/2004  7:38 PM
Posted by DefAndReb:
Posted by martin:
Posted by DefAndReb:
Posted by martin:

I wonder if FWill would come off the IR if Houston is hurting so much. Like to see if the guy is still interested in bball this year.

I have to admit I've not been following the Frank situation. Why is he still on the IR?

Why would him being "interested" be of concern? If he's physically able to play, they should play him.

Death of his mom. Frank admitted that he didn't know if he could come back and play this year.

That's ridiculous. What, he's too fragile to get back to his job, where he's paid millions of dollars, because his mom died? What is he, 12 years old?

Good grief, what a sissy.

Everyone dies. It feels bad, you grieve, then you get back to your life. If he can't get over it, he needs psychiatric attention.

Before my father died, very quickly from pancreatic cancer I might add, I was fortunate my employers allowed me to take a week to see him in his final lucid days. I wish I could have been there at his deathbed, but I had to fly to New York and get back to work. The rest of family was there, which was good, even though he was on morphine and totally out of it. He died, I went to the funeral, I flew back to NYC, and went back to my job. Sure it's painful, but that's what life is, pain and suffering interspersed with some nice moments, then you kick the bucket.

I seriously think he has emotional problems if what you're saying is true, martin. A grown man who won't do his job after his mother's death. What about all the other athletes who experience deaths in their families during the season? They grieve, then they get back to work. Why does Frank think he is so special that he can't get with it? Imagine if everyone stopped doing their jobs because of a loved one's death? Society would grind to a halt. That really burns me up, hearing that kind of thing.

No wonder he gets benched all the time, it sounds like he's soft.

your words are harsh man, but I agree with you.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
3/29/2004  7:40 PM
TT starts.
martin
USA
3/29/2004  7:55 PM
TT looks smooth, playin some good ball.
martin
USA
3/29/2004  8:00 PM
Completely different team has shown up since the Detroit game.

Game on.
martin
USA
3/29/2004  8:01 PM
DerMarr end to end with the impressive dunk.
starbizzle
Member: #631
New Zealand
3/29/2004  8:07 PM
knicks have picked up their D i must admit
it aint marbury its STARBURY!
martin
USA
3/29/2004  8:25 PM
Randolph just doesn't miss.
gunsnewing
USA
3/29/2004  8:37 PM
it's amazing what having a another go to guy can do for your offense as opposed to feeding Shandon Anderson.
Caseloads
Member: #41
3/29/2004  8:48 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

it's amazing what having a another go to guy can do for your offense as opposed to feeding Shandon Anderson.
seriously, we are almost at the point where Demarr is better than Shandon and deserves his minutes.

I can seriously see Demarr destroying shandon in practices.

And Sweetney is probably chowing down on Othella. Is that why othella got no 1st half minutes? the Block by sweets was nice
martin
USA
3/29/2004  8:49 PM
Strickly speaking: Go Nets, Go Chicago, Go San Antonio, Go New Jersey.
POR v NY Thread 3/29

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy