[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

POR v NY Thread 3/29
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/28/2004  11:45 PM
I wonder if FWill would come off the IR if Houston is hurting so much. Like to see if the guy is still interested in bball this year.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
EnYKnickFan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #600
USA
3/28/2004  11:54 PM
Ill try to be optimistic. Just hope not to turn off the tv by halftime like the pistons game.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/28/2004  11:57 PM
yeah I hope so.

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 03/29/2004 08:31:26]
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
3/29/2004  12:23 AM
We'll have Tim Thomas back for this game..
so we should be in much better shape to match up against these guys.
We need to at least win every other game to keep our playoff hopes alive..
so this is a must win.
Stupid Boston woon on Sunday.. so they are inching closer.
I believe we are .5 ahead of Boston and 1 game ahead of Cleveland.

Time for these guys to show us what they're made of!

LET'S GO KNICKS!!!!!!!
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
3/29/2004  7:09 AM
please win
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/29/2004  9:49 AM
groin injuries are brutal and can really hurt your effectiveness. If TT comes back I hope he's healthy. I did notice he dressed Sat and was a game time decision. This is close to a must win as its one of our few remaining home games. I dont want to lose the 7th spot. Playing a banged up Nets team is paramount to advancing. I may be in the minority but I think if we can get healthy we can advance at least one round.. if not more.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
3/29/2004  11:34 AM
I am in complete agreement FishMike...
As far as I'm concerned... we are already in the playoffs...
Everygame brings us closer to the next round or closer to elimination.
After tonight's game there are only 7 games left to the season.
7 games n a series...
These guys need to show us heart and desire like the early 90s Knicks!!!

LET'S GO KNICKS!!!!!!!
fishmike
USA
3/29/2004  12:46 PM
FYI: Looks like Tim will play. He's huge.. so important. He's a clutch player and was really playing at a high level before he got hurt.
martin
USA
3/29/2004  1:17 PM
Knicks kinda match up against the Blazers (now isn't that an ironic name) with a healthy TT. Kurt plays solid post D, which is Randolph's strength; Marb matches Mouse's speed and strength and tatoos; TT can overpower Miles in the post and handle Rahim; and the rest is big men and shooting guards. Not that the Knicks have been playing well as of late, but this is a winnable game.
fishmike
USA
3/29/2004  1:22 PM
this is one of the matchups where NOT having Deke really hurts us. Ratliff is useless from more than 8 feet away would would let cookie monster clog the post as he's so good at.

Watching Kurt and his effort are nauseating me of late. If it wasnt so late in the season I could see Lenny benching him, but thats counterproductive at this point. Crazy eyes needs to do something to make his time on the floor worthwhile.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/29/2004  1:45 PM
dude, it's been that way with kurt since mid-december. outside of the milwaukee game, and the defense on kenny thomas in the philly game, he really has contributed nothing, either offensively or on the boards. he constantly gets into foul trouble and the 2 he picked up to start the 3rd quarter against detroit was absolutely DISGUSTING. next season, kurt starts doing this again, and sweets will not only get the majority of his minutes but he'll get his starting spot too. then we can all hear him bitch and moan like he did when he was benched in favor of dice.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/29/2004  1:47 PM
as for tonight's game, it's going to be a tough one. every home game is a MUST WIN, especially with 3 road games coming up. i hope tim doesn't reaggravate his injury running around following dmiles all over the place. i hope kurt plays some defense on either zach or rahim today.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/29/2004  2:00 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

dude, it's been that way with kurt since mid-december. outside of the milwaukee game, and the defense on kenny thomas in the philly game, he really has contributed nothing, either offensively or on the boards. he constantly gets into foul trouble and the 2 he picked up to start the 3rd quarter against detroit was absolutely DISGUSTING. next season, kurt starts doing this again, and sweets will not only get the majority of his minutes but he'll get his starting spot too. then we can all hear him bitch and moan like he did when he was benched in favor of dice.

BEAUTIFUL POST!

TIME FOR KURT TO BE FOCUSED!
fishmike
USA
3/29/2004  3:20 PM
Its hard to stay focused when you cant see straight.

Kurt kills me
martin
USA
3/29/2004  3:36 PM
Posted by fishmike:

Its hard to stay focused when you cant see straight.

Kurt kills me

Ahhhhhhhhhh! ROLMFAO!

Fish, man, you have lots of free time. Love it.
fishmike
USA
3/29/2004  3:38 PM
I'm really bad with graphics but Kurt didnt need much work.
DefAndReb
Member: #336
3/29/2004  5:05 PM
Posted by martin:

I wonder if FWill would come off the IR if Houston is hurting so much. Like to see if the guy is still interested in bball this year.

I have to admit I've not been following the Frank situation. Why is he still on the IR?

Why would him being "interested" be of concern? If he's physically able to play, they should play him.
MaseInYourFace
Member: #546
Canada
3/29/2004  5:08 PM
Posted by nyvector16:

We'll have Tim Thomas back for this game..
so we should be in much better shape to match up against these guys.
We need to at least win every other game to keep our playoff hopes alive..
so this is a must win.
Stupid Boston woon on Sunday.. so they are inching closer.
I believe we are .5 ahead of Boston and 1 game ahead of Cleveland.

Time for these guys to show us what they're made of!

LET'S GO KNICKS!!!!!!!

id rather we don't show what we are made of, and instead somehow luck out a win. because the current knicks aren't made of winners.
Yes! - Marv Albert
martin
USA
3/29/2004  5:08 PM
Posted by DefAndReb:
Posted by martin:

I have to admit I've not been following the Frank situation. Why is he still on the IR?

Why would him being "interested" be of concern? If he's physically able to play, they should play him.

Death of his mom. Frank admitted that he didn't know if he could come back and play this year.
DefAndReb
Member: #336
3/29/2004  5:21 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by DefAndReb:
Posted by martin:

Death of his mom. Frank admitted that he didn't know if he could come back and play this year.

That's ridiculous. What, he's too fragile to get back to his job, where he's paid millions of dollars, because his mom died? What is he, 12 years old?

Good grief, what a sissy.

Everyone dies. It feels bad, you grieve, then you get back to your life. If he can't get over it, he needs psychiatric attention.

Before my father died, very quickly from pancreatic cancer I might add, I was fortunate my employers allowed me to take a week to see him in his final lucid days. I wish I could have been there at his deathbed, but I had to fly to New York and get back to work. The rest of family was there, which was good, even though he was on morphine and totally out of it. He died, I went to the funeral, I flew back to NYC, and went back to my job. Sure it's painful, but that's what life is, pain and suffering interspersed with some nice moments, then you kick the bucket.

I seriously think he has emotional problems if what you're saying is true, martin. A grown man who won't do his job after his mother's death. What about all the other athletes who experience deaths in their families during the season? They grieve, then they get back to work. Why does Frank think he is so special that he can't get with it? Imagine if everyone stopped doing their jobs because of a loved one's death? Society would grind to a halt. That really burns me up, hearing that kind of thing.

No wonder he gets benched all the time, it sounds like he's soft.
POR v NY Thread 3/29

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy