Marc Jackson and the Knicks.
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
11/16/2001  5:19 PM
From BskBALL.com
... Marc Jackson may get dealt after all, sources and printed reports close to the Warriors say that Marc Jackson's diminished role, is directly related to how he has behaved since his deal was matched, and that as soon as he can be traded, he will likely be traded. Jackson is said to have told media he'd be in favor of a move to New York, a team that coveted his services over the summer, but were unable to sign him. With the hoo-hum start the Knicks have had, and the growing tensions and frustrations in the Knicks lockeroom, don't be surprised in January if Jackson agrees to a trade that sends him to New York.

So who can we trade for him? If we do get him will he start? Either way he would be an excellent addition to this team. Thoughts?

AUTOADVERT
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
11/16/2001  5:28 PM
I remember Marc saying he would be open to coming to the Knicks. I think there would be a couple other places he would approve going to as well...Houston being one of them.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
11/16/2001  6:11 PM
Marc has to approve to the team being traded to BUT he can't be traded to Houston this season. In case of cap circumvention or letting Houston sweeten the deal with a 2 man trade or something along those lines. Houston is out of the picture anyways.

Marc to ny for Mark works straight up, would be an irony of a deal or what?

edit mode

Doesn't work straight up, we'll either will have to make the deal larger or let them fill the trade with Dean Oliver..

Golden State trades: Dean Oliver ,Marc Jackson TOTAL: $3,582,817

New York trades: Mark Jackson TOTAL: $3,860,000

or

Golden State trades: Cedric Henderson ,Marc Jackson ,Bob Sura TOTAL: $11,163,334

New York trades: Charlie Ward, Shandon Anderson TOTAL: $10,610,000

I'm not saying these are the trades to be made or anything but with our overpaid roster straight up deals don't work. Unless they wouldn't want a PG from us.

ps. Cedric is in his last year so I don't think they'll easily give him up.
ps2.I kinda like Shandon so let's keep him in case we trade AH or Spree
ps3. I like this trade best of all but I don't think GS would do this in a million years

Golden State trades: Danny Fortson ,Larry Hughes ,Marc Jackson TOTAL: $10,035,193

New York trades: Charlie Ward ,Kurt Thomas ,Larry Robinson TOTAL: $10,114,225

followed by this

Atlanta trades: Cal Bowdler ,DerMarr Johnson TOTAL: $3,444,960

New York trades: Mark Jackson TOTAL: $3,860,000

WATERPIPE ACCEPTED

I love DJ, I think together with Marc they'd could be a big part of the future of our franchise. Bowdler? Just threw him in to make the trade work and his contract ends after this season so no harm no foul right?

[Edited by - knicksbabyyeah on 11/16/2001 18:39:57]
Knixkik
USA
11/25/2001  11:00 AM
More from BskBALL.com involving Jackson and the Knicks

MARC JACKSON: Several teams appear to be lining up to throw players at Golden State next month, when Marc Jackson can be traded among them appear to be the Knicks, the Blazers, the Pacers and the 76ers. Because of the way Restricted Free agency and matched contract works, Jackson would have to approve of a trade to what ever team he ends up with, and according to Larry Coon, he is not a Base Year player. The Knicks appear to be the most desperate, the Blazers appear to have the most disposable talent, The Pacers an interesting situation, and the 76ers..well that's close to home. Be warned any specifics your hearing no are unlikely, given the enormous amount of time between now and Dec 15th...no team in their right mind is going to leak a specific personnel scenario now.
Caseloads
Member: #41
11/25/2001  4:53 PM
Posted by Knixkik:

More from BskBALL.com involving Jackson and the Knicks

MARC JACKSON: Several teams appear to be lining up to throw players at Golden State next month, when Marc Jackson can be traded among them appear to be the Knicks, the Blazers, the Pacers and the 76ers. Because of the way Restricted Free agency and matched contract works, Jackson would have to approve of a trade to what ever team he ends up with, and according to Larry Coon, he is not a Base Year player. The Knicks appear to be the most desperate, the Blazers appear to have the most disposable talent, The Pacers an interesting situation, and the 76ers..well that's close to home. Be warned any specifics your hearing no are unlikely, given the enormous amount of time between now and Dec 15th...no team in their right mind is going to leak a specific personnel scenario now.
Jax can not be moved until JANUARY 15th.
Knixkik
USA
11/25/2001  9:29 PM
I've heard that exact same thing, but can you please clarify why Jackson can't be moved until that date?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/27/2001  11:59 AM
Posted by Knixkik:
I've heard that exact same thing, but can you please clarify why Jackson can't be moved until that date?

From bskball.com:

"he signed his contract on Oct 19th, and NBA trade rules prohibit him from being dealt for 90 days or Dec 15th, which ever is longer, in Jackson's case Jan 19th, is the 1st day he can be traded, but it would have to be under his own consent, and word is he wants out of Golden State, and based on the minutes he's getting, I don't see that as a problem. The Knicks and warriors have been linked to rumors for about 2 season now, with New York media in love with an Adonal Foyle for Charlie Ward deal, its possible a variation of that deal lands Jackson in New York, if the 76ers don't land him first."
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Marc Jackson and the Knicks.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy