[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GAME THREAD: ROCKETs @KNICKS 18-5: Dec. 17 Monday, Lin & Harden take aim at Garden undefeated record
Author Thread
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
12/18/2012  10:01 AM
The Knicks go as far as the 3 headed PG monster takes them. The PG spot did not deliver last night. That is the reason the Knicks lost.
AUTOADVERT
NYKBocker
USA
12/18/2012  10:02 AM
Anybody here saw the Lin interview after the game? I like the fact that he gave props to Shump.
misterearl
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #799
USA
12/18/2012  10:06 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/18/2012  10:07 AM
We started a player who was a razors edge away from being cut.

NYKBocker wrote:The Knicks go as far as the 3 headed PG monster takes them. The PG spot did not deliver last night. That is the reason the Knicks lost.

Carmelo Anthony is the reason the Knicks lost. Along with Rasheed Wallace, Marcus Camby, Iman Shumpert and Amare Stoudemire.

Please get it straight.

once a knick always a knick
3G4G
Member: #4333

12/18/2012  10:34 AM
misterearl wrote:We started a player who was a razors edge away from being cut.

NYKBocker wrote:The Knicks go as far as the 3 headed PG monster takes them. The PG spot did not deliver last night. That is the reason the Knicks lost.

Carmelo Anthony is the reason the Knicks lost. Along with Rasheed Wallace, Marcus Camby, Iman Shumpert and Amare Stoudemire.

Please get it straight.

We lost to them in Houston in a blowout a game Melo played. The Rockets didn't have Patrick Patterson yesterday either.

3G4G

12/18/2012  10:34 AM
NYKBocker wrote:Anybody here saw the Lin interview after the game? I like the fact that he gave props to Shump.

he probably envisioned those two as a starting backcourt in New York for yrs to come.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

12/18/2012  10:35 AM
misterearl wrote:We started a player who was a razors edge away from being cut.

Please get it straight.

while I'm inclined to agree I don't think I can actually agree out of principal. I love the no-excuses culture Woody has instilled. The guys who played last night played awful and they should be held accountable for that. That i think the lockerroom would agree 100% with what I just wrote is encouraging

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
MS
Member: #724
12/18/2012  11:12 AM
It's perfectly valid to bring up Melo not being there for why we lost, but there other players you can't bring into the equation.

Wallace hasn't played for two years and is old so he is going to break down. Camby one of the oldest players in the NBA with foot issues. Amare in addition to his stupidity in dunk lines and fire extinguishers has had knee issues for years and couldn't be insured. Shumpert has suffered two knee injures in half a season. That's like saying we lost because we didn't have Jason Kidd. We signed old players and they are going to be absent. We are going to struggle against quick guards and physical bigs regardless.

The Knicks shoot way too many 3 pointers, when they don't have Melo they barely ever get to the line, that's the big issue. Brewer, Kidd, Chanlder, Novak, Pablo can't really get to the paint. We missed Melo's ability to open things up and get their guys in foul trouble.

Once the other guys prove they are healthy and can stay healthy you can add them to the conversation.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/18/2012  11:14 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:Felton never had good shot selection but he becomes an offensive idiot when Melo is out.

Bonn,

Just for you:

Felton has a career WS/48 of .068

It's because of his shot-selection. He's average to above average in the other areas of the game. But a veteran at his age is unlikely to change.

Career wins produced per 48 of .076 also.
http://www.thenbageek.com/players/68-raymond-felton
I think he's a slightly below average PG and making slightly below average money. I'm OK with that as long as he doesn't take so many shots.

tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
12/18/2012  11:14 AM
3G4G wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:Anybody here saw the Lin interview after the game? I like the fact that he gave props to Shump.

he probably envisioned those two as a starting backcourt in New York for yrs to come.

the ny post took that as a dig at carmelo.. lin called shump a difference maker and he said, somewhat matter of factly... they were missing carmelo and amare as well.. wow

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
TeamBall
Member: #4386

12/18/2012  11:17 AM
MS wrote:It's perfectly valid to bring up Melo not being there for why we lost, but there other players you can't bring into the equation.

Wallace hasn't played for two years and is old so he is going to break down. Camby one of the oldest players in the NBA with foot issues. Amare in addition to his stupidity in dunk lines and fire extinguishers has had knee issues for years and couldn't be insured. Shumpert has suffered two knee injures in half a season. That's like saying we lost because we didn't have Jason Kidd. We signed old players and they are going to be absent. We are going to struggle against quick guards and physical bigs regardless.

The Knicks shoot way too many 3 pointers, when they don't have Melo they barely ever get to the line, that's the big issue. Brewer, Kidd, Chanlder, Novak, Pablo can't really get to the paint. We missed Melo's ability to open things up and get their guys in foul trouble.

Once the other guys prove they are healthy and can stay healthy you can add them to the conversation.

You're saying that because we have old players, missing them cant be a reason we lost? I dont really see it that way. The one thing I agree with though is that Melo should be the only valid excuse for why we lost (doubt he would have made a difference though). The team we have that got the record we have now should be the ones in the discussion for reasons we won/lost SO FAR (so yeah Wallace could be a reason too). We havent had Amare or Shump all season.

Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
NYKBocker
USA
12/18/2012  11:20 AM
tkf wrote:
3G4G wrote:

the ny post took that as a dig at carmelo.. lin called shump a difference maker and he said, somewhat matter of factly... they were missing carmelo and amare as well.. wow

I guess top billing is important

tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
12/18/2012  11:22 AM
TeamBall wrote:
MS wrote:It's perfectly valid to bring up Melo not being there for why we lost, but there other players you can't bring into the equation.

You're saying that because we have old players, missing them cant be a reason we lost? I dont really see it that way. The one thing I agree with though is that Melo should be the only valid excuse for why we lost (doubt he would have made a difference though). The team we have that got the record we have now should be the ones in the discussion for reasons we won/lost SO FAR (so yeah Wallace could be a reason too). We havent had Amare or Shump all season.

exactly. we can't say we are missing shump and amare because they have never played with this current team, so we don't know how they would have factored in any wins or losses......

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
3G4G

12/18/2012  11:49 AM
tkf wrote:
3G4G wrote:

No question had Melo played there could have been a different outcome but we need to stop pulling this card after the losses and then when we win without not make light of it or mention the other players who have been missing all year.

NYDiva
Member: #4387

12/18/2012  12:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/18/2012  12:04 PM
With all due respect, whenever I see guards lighting up the Knicks and driving through the lane at will, I can see how Shump would have factored in during those games. Lin is right in that sense; he is a difference maker.
NYDiva

12/18/2012  12:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/18/2012  12:05 PM
Lin also took a subtle dig at Anthony when talking about the Knicks not being healthy.

“They’re not their full team and at the top of the list is Shump [Iman Shumpert],’’ Lin said. “He’s a difference-maker. And Carmelo and Amar’e [Stoudemire] obviously didn’t play.’’

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/knicks_suffer_fall_lin_garden_x0xxyt5INZrgPqheAxy2pI

Thoughts?

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/18/2012  12:08 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:Felton never had good shot selection but he becomes an offensive idiot when Melo is out.

Bonn,

Just for you:

Felton has a career WS/48 of .068

It's because of his shot-selection. He's average to above average in the other areas of the game. But a veteran at his age is unlikely to change.

Career wins produced per 48 of .076 also.
http://www.thenbageek.com/players/68-raymond-felton
I think he's a slightly below average PG and making slightly below average money. I'm OK with that as long as he doesn't take so many shots.

But Clyde said he should be an allstar?

TeamBall
Member: #4386

12/18/2012  12:10 PM
NYDiva wrote:
Lin also took a subtle dig at Anthony when talking about the Knicks not being healthy.

“They’re not their full team and at the top of the list is Shump [Iman Shumpert],’’ Lin said. “He’s a difference-maker. And Carmelo and Amar’e [Stoudemire] obviously didn’t play.’’

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/knicks_suffer_fall_lin_garden_x0xxyt5INZrgPqheAxy2pI

Thoughts?

When I first read TKF's post, I just assumed Lin was talking about how they were able to bypass the Knicks' defense. Seeing it now, it does seem like a not so subtle dig at not only Melo but Amare as well. Kind of like a "Shumpert would have made all the difference for this team...oh yeah and Melo and Amare could have helped also".
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
12/18/2012  12:21 PM
NYDiva wrote:

Thoughts?

Lin being Lin.

He's not so innocent, people.

NYDiva

12/18/2012  12:22 PM
TeamBall wrote:
NYDiva wrote:

Thoughts?

When I first read TKF's post, I just assumed Lin was talking about how they were able to bypass the Knicks' defense. Seeing it now, it does seem like a not so subtle dig at not only Melo but Amare as well. Kind of like a "Shumpert would have made all the difference for this team...oh yeah and Melo and Amare could have helped also".

Yeah, same here. I'm surprised by that. I can see him giving Shump props; I agree that he is a difference-maker, as I stated above. But it's as he was acting as if Melo & Amar'e were afterthoughts or something. Like "oh, yeah, the superstar and the 6-time All-Star could have helped, too."

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/18/2012  12:27 PM
I don't get how that is a dig. If it was the media would've picked it up and ran with it. He is giving extra credit to a guy who he feels doesn't get enough credit. He did this all the time with Jeffries, novak, shump and tyson. He didn't say Melo and Amare would only help a little.

With that said it is not impossible that Lin holds a bit of a grudge against those guys especially Melo. Lin really stole their spotlight. I don't think its as big a deal with Amare cause Melo already had stole his in 2011

GAME THREAD: ROCKETs @KNICKS 18-5: Dec. 17 Monday, Lin & Harden take aim at Garden undefeated record

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy