[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What's up with Kurt Thomas?
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/30/2004  2:45 PM
KT played like a bum against Portland. Zack Randolph kills everybody but KT being our best post defender....Zack chewed him up. Plus Portland made KT a non factor on the boards and in the scoring column.

I'm thinking the Knicks should start Baker, but then that would totally destroy KT's trade value if he loses his starting spot. Both Baker and Sweetney have been really out playing KT.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/30/2004  2:52 PM
Mike Breen was saying before the game Kurts pinky was so swollen and discolored it was just gross. If its that bad where he stinks the way he has been he should sit.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
EnySpree

3/30/2004  4:04 PM
Posted by fishmike:

Mike Breen was saying before the game Kurts pinky was so swollen and discolored it was just gross. If its that bad where he stinks the way he has been he should sit.

Maybe he should sit. Thing is he still hits his jumper, his legs are ok. He just hurt a finger. Does that stop him from boxing out or playing defense? I dunno man.....

Sweetney and Baker got the raw deal as far as minutes against Portland. KT got 37 minutes with 6pts and 3 rebs. That's no good.
Baker had the same stats in 16 minutes. Sweetney had 2pts and 5 rebounds in 11 minutes.

If you do the math like the freak that I am you find out Baker would have had 16pts and 6 rebounds in 32 minutes. Sweetney would of had 6pts and 15 rebounds in 33 minutes. You don't know what they would have done with 30 plus minutes but you have to question the productivity. You gotta play the guy that got you there but if he's not producing whether it's th enasty looking finger or not.....you gotta play the guys that are producing.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/30/2004  4:11 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

KT played like a bum against Portland. Zack Randolph kills everybody but KT being our best post defender....Zack chewed him up. Plus Portland made KT a non factor on the boards and in the scoring column.

Really?! I had the exact opposite observation to Kurts defense on Zack last night. Zack was shooting all fade-away jumpers from about 15-18 feet. Maybe a couple of go-to-the-basket shots, but not really that many. And NO FREE THROWS, which is amazing for a low post guy of his caliber. Zack made some VERY tough shots and did get 20 points.

The 3 front court starters for the Knicks got more rebounds than the 2 starters from Portland. That's good.

Also, TT and Marb were going off, so Kurt was not really needed. Just because a guy does not score his usual clip does not mean he was shut down.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
3/30/2004  4:43 PM
yea.. last night (and Tor) are good examples of Kurt playing well despite modest numbers. The problem is when TT and Houston were out Kurt didnt help pick up the scoring.

Lets face it.. Kurt is at his best when all he has to do is defend and hustle. Its always the same with him.. he plays well when we are playing well, but whenever we need him to step up he just doesnt.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TRU
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #196
USA
3/30/2004  4:43 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by EnySpree:

Really?! I had the exact opposite observation to Kurts defense on Zack last night. Zack was shooting all fade-away jumpers from about 15-18 feet. Maybe a couple of go-to-the-basket shots, but not really that many. And NO FREE THROWS, which is amazing for a low post guy of his caliber. Zack made some VERY tough shots and did get 20 points.

The 3 front court starters for the Knicks got more rebounds than the 2 starters from Portland. That's good.

Also, TT and Marb were going off, so Kurt was not really needed. Just because a guy does not score his usual clip does not mean he was shut down.

And there's the difference between watching the game and watching the box score.
Let it be known: I believe in the Knicks this year-- deep into the playoffs, I swear to you my brothers...
EnySpree

3/31/2004  4:22 PM
Posted by martin:

[quote] Just because a guy does not score his usual clip does not mean he was shut down.

The guy got 3 rebounds in 37 minutes. Sweets had 5 in 11 minutes. Baker got 3 rebounds in 16 minutes.

He didn't get shut down just tonight....he's been playing terrible the last couple of games.
KnickChick114
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #413
USA
4/3/2004  12:06 AM
Posted by fishmike:

Thanks for that info 'cause I didnt know it was that bad. You gave me a new perspective on his injury.
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
4/3/2004  4:26 PM
KT is a back up who gets starter minutes. If he were traded I wouldn't shed a tear for his sorry ***. The chump took the money and is laughing all the way to the bank. To top it off he is reducing whatever trade value he has to nothing.

IT's big mistake was giving him a contract, he should have let him walk.
What's up with Kurt Thomas?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy